PDA

View Full Version : Shirtless Hair Posters?

captaincrunch
October 15th, 2014, 01:28 AM
I have noticed some ladies posting shirtless back view pics on here. They look great and have beautiful hair. I'm not in anyway intending this as a complaint. I'm just curious why? Is there a reason I'm missing or is it just because they thought it would look good in the picture?

Majorane
October 15th, 2014, 01:35 AM
I think it is so it's clear to show how long their hair is. Bodymarker wise. It's easy to spot where someone's armpit, waist, hip is when shirtless; shirt sometimes hide those markers a bit.

I very rarely see people posting shirtless pictures of classic or bumcracklenth hair, though :hmm:

YGDW
October 15th, 2014, 01:36 AM
I guess it's easier to see your waist or hip length? Though I'm not posting shirtless pics (I'm hardly posting pictures anyway), it is very hard to notice my waist and hips with an average shirt on because I'm rather skinny. I think that holds for more of us here.

Dreams_in_Pink
October 15th, 2014, 01:40 AM
I agree that it's mainly for showing the length as hair length is usually measured in body part units (APL, waist, TBL...)

Stray_mind
October 15th, 2014, 01:41 AM
I've posted only one shirtless pic-to show how much there's left to grow till BSL (i was wearing a bra), so i second the idea about bodymarkers being more visible when you aren't wearing shirt.

Majorane
October 15th, 2014, 01:45 AM
Maybe there's a secret LHC-nudist group and the secret code as to who's in, is a shirtless pic in the siggy? Oh, my.

hennalonghair
October 15th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Maybe there's a secret LHC-nudist group and the secret code as to who's in, is a shirtless pic in the siggy? Oh, my.

I'll have what she's having :popcorn:

MsPharaohMoan
October 15th, 2014, 06:48 AM

I'm in. :flasher:

Wildcat Diva
October 15th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Hahaha! Sounds good. I might post shirtless back if I didn't have some rolls, sigh. Ah well.

MidnightMoon
October 15th, 2014, 07:16 AM
I have never uploaded one and I'm not sure I like seeing it, but I have done it a couple of times for me to see where my dark hair ends, as it is dyed black and most of my clothes are black/dark.

gossamer
October 15th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Where's the epic thread about supporting bare back length photos? I'm terrible at digging up old links...

brickworld13
October 15th, 2014, 08:11 AM

I'm in. :flasher:

I'm joining this party with :cake:

Wildcat Diva
October 15th, 2014, 09:06 AM
This makes me think about my boys running around shirtless when they were a bit younger, wrestling and running around, ninja fighting and creating havok. It got coined as "awesome time." Clothes are restrictive!

Anje
October 15th, 2014, 09:26 AM
I'm going with the "body markers" explanation, though I don't think you want to see me posting "nearly classic!" pics with those motivations!

On a modly note, though I want to remind you all of a few things:

First, this part of the forum is visible to the public.

Second, we do actively try to avoid attracting the attention of individuals interested mainly in (ahem) one-handed browsing. While you may personally have no objections about how your photos are enjoyed, not all forum members here consent to that. I urge you to respect their feelings and opt to post your more titillating images on sites where the expectations are different.

Majorane
October 15th, 2014, 09:37 AM
I'm going with the "body markers" explanation, though I don't think you want to see me posting "nearly classic!" pics with those motivations!

On a modly note, though I want to remind you all of a few things:

First, this part of the forum is visible to the public.

Second, we do actively try to avoid attracting the attention of individuals interested mainly in (ahem) one-handed browsing. While you may personally have no objections about how your photos are enjoyed, not all forum members here consent to that. I urge you to respect their feelings and opt to post your more titillating images on sites where the expectations are different.
Oh, oops. Would you like me to edit my previous comment? Maybe the wording combination can show up in creepersearches? It was meant in jest (and I'm glad my partybuddies wanna join me :rockerdud :alcoholic: ) but I don't want to attract the scary guys. And I think with my wrong bun sometimes.

Anje
October 15th, 2014, 09:43 AM
No, I think everyone here is fine so far, no lines have been crossed, etc. Nothing wrong with your post or anyone else's, Majorane!

And I'm actually, literally, a card-carrying nudist. There is a current membership card to a nudist club in my wallet, right now. :D But no, I am not posting pictures of how close my thin ends are to the bottom of my big saggy bottom.

Majorane
October 15th, 2014, 09:52 AM
See? I KNEW there was a secret membership thingy! Okay, not as mysterious as bare backed (heh) hair pictures, but there IS a card! *fistpump* Drinks all around, I say!

tokugawa.miyako
October 15th, 2014, 09:58 AM
I don't post shirtless hair pictures, but I do take them sometimes. It is partly because it's easier see where the hair falls relative to body parts, yes. Sometimes it's also just because I want to see how long my hair is when it's wet, which happens to be when I have my shirt off to wash it. So it's coincidental. :shrug:

neko_kawaii
October 15th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Oh, oops. Would you like me to edit my previous comment? Maybe the wording combination can show up in creepersearches? It was meant in jest (and I'm glad my partybuddies wanna join me :rockerdud :alcoholic: ) but I don't want to attract the scary guys. And I think with my wrong bun sometimes.

*snort* *sends Majorane the bill for a new keyboard*

Stormynights
October 15th, 2014, 10:12 AM
I was looking forward to seeing some long haired men's shirtless photos.

cathair
October 15th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Perhaps there are clothes under there somewhere, you just can't see them for hair ;)

Agnes Hannah
October 15th, 2014, 11:14 AM
OOps, I have posted two pictures shirtless to show the length, sorry to cause any nuisance etc. Note to self, wear a vest. Apologies folks.

Nadine <3
October 15th, 2014, 01:44 PM
I posted one once. I'm headed toward BSL and it only made sense to make my bra strap visible so you could see where I was headed.

captaincrunch
October 15th, 2014, 02:18 PM
OOps, I have posted two pictures shirtless to show the length, sorry to cause any nuisance etc. Note to self, wear a vest. Apologies folks.

No need to apologize! Post whatever pictures you are comfortable with. No complaints here! Just posting this out of curiosity.

idiay
October 15th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Because sexy. :p

truepeacenik
October 15th, 2014, 04:20 PM
I noticed a somewhat newer member doing that in the past couple days.

I think if you don't see any "bathing suit" areas, it's all good. But if you have chin length hair, there's no reason for us to see skin.
There are great communities for that. I'm on one, and make sure there is no crossover posting, no photos the same on either, and my user names are vastly different.

All that said, just before my four inch trim, I checked if I could do a mid thigh shot and cover adequately with my own hair, a la Godiva.

sourgrl
October 15th, 2014, 05:56 PM
I posted one because it was easier to see the body marker. I happen to have a tattoo on my back which has made keeping track of growth very easy :D

Vaas
October 15th, 2014, 06:22 PM
I was looking forward to seeing some long haired men's shirtless photos.

It's why I come here. (JOKE) I think my layers look much better with tight or no clothing to cling to.

LauraLongLocks
October 15th, 2014, 06:28 PM
We have one who posted a totally nude picture at almost knee length, but everything was covered with her hair. Kinda cool, actually. I would never have the guts to post such a photo though.

I never took any shirtless photos above my current length, and now that I am passing hip, I will likely never do so.

tokugawa.miyako
October 15th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Yeah, honestly I'm glad that there are people who are comfortable enough with their bodies to post pictures like that. Not that there's anything wrong with anyone who's not comfortable taking pictures shirtless, etc. but hey, if the time and place is appropriate and someone DOES have the guts, more power to them. Bodies aren't bad. :applause

meteor
October 15th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Hmm, I've never seen any photos on the LHC that were inappropriate (as in: you can see too much), I'm pretty sure that the mods would have removed anything like that.
To me, there is no difference between shirtless or shirt-full (sorry, that's not a word, but whatever :lol: ) pictures from the back :shrug: As long as the pants are on, or the hair is thick enough to cover everything! :lol:

gossamer
October 15th, 2014, 08:20 PM
We have one who posted a totally nude picture at almost knee length, but everything was covered with her hair. Kinda cool, actually. I would never have the guts to post such a photo though.

I never took any shirtless photos above my current length, and now that I am passing hip, I will likely never do so.

:lol: That may have been me, back when this topic came up a few years ago. Nothing particularly titillating about the backs of my calves and feet, I think. Unless you think this is hot:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/06/article-2155159-13789E99000005DC-57_233x442.jpg

gossamer
October 15th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Ah yes, here it is.
http://i.imgur.com/dLJFPavl.png

My hair was so much shorter two and a half years ago!

Stormynights
October 15th, 2014, 10:25 PM
That is beautiful.

Majorane
October 15th, 2014, 11:02 PM
Ah yes, here it is.

Eh, Gossamer? Lemme tell you a secret.... That's not short. No. Epic, yes! Short, no.

Awesome pic! You win a cookie! *offers healthy but yum banana chocochip coconut cookie. Glutenfree and vegan friendly!*

truepeacenik
October 15th, 2014, 11:10 PM
Ah yes, here it is.

I originally joked that I was growing my hair enough to cover boobs in a photo.
This is my next step.
Still NC-17 right now. ;)

YvetteVarie
October 16th, 2014, 01:47 AM
I wish I could do a shirtless hair pic. Unfortunately with shrinkage it would definitely be NC-17, even if I got to knee length. Tightly curly struggles.

Gossamer that picture is absolutely gorgeous

Marika
October 16th, 2014, 02:20 AM
Shirtless pics don't bother me but at the same time, I find them a bit unnecessary. If someone says their hair is BSL, that's good enough for me. I don't need to see your bra or any other proof, I believe you. But of course, it's amazing and impressive if someone can cover their whole body with just hair! :thumbsup:

Robot Ninja
October 16th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Ah yes, here it is.

You could totally be wearing clothes under there and nobody would know! Which is actually more impressive than being able to take an SFW nude pic.

Lindenare
October 16th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Ah yes, here it is.

Gossamer, that's a gorgeous pic! I only hope as my hair grows it will look as nice.

gossamer
October 17th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Eh, Gossamer? Lemme tell you a secret.... That's not short. No. Epic, yes! Short, no.

Awesome pic! You win a cookie! *offers healthy but yum banana chocochip coconut cookie. Glutenfree and vegan friendly!*

Ooooh, super fancy cookie!

You could totally be wearing clothes under there and nobody would know! Which is actually more impressive than being able to take an SFW nude pic.

:rollin: Wouldn't that be silly? "hey guys, secretly I'm actually wearing shorts and a tank top under all that hair!" :p

Gossamer, that's a gorgeous pic! I only hope as my hair grows it will look as nice.

Looking back at it, I think I really miss my even hemline. Haven't trimmed since April 2013 and it's rather uneven now.

hanne jensen
October 17th, 2014, 08:08 AM
I have never seen an inappropriate picture here. I've seen more bare skin at the beach 30 years ago at Oceanside, California.

meteor
October 17th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Phenomenal, Epic Hair, gossamer! :thudpile:
And your hair grows crazy fast to get from there to ankle in just 2.5 years! :D WOW!