PDA

View Full Version : Mrs M never puts her hair up (yep, you can take the micky here if you want)

Merlin
October 14th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Okay, so this is exactly the sort of thread about which all us old timers (including me) here have posted things like 'not there to decorate your world'...

Mrs M looks lovely with her hair up, and it would do a sock bun even at her current length, and I really like it, which she knows...but she never ever puts it up. Which I think is a shame.

Feel free :-)

Unofficial_Rose
October 14th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Maybe some nice hair accessories would help e.g. Ficcares? Would be easier than sticks, although sticks can be pieces of art (as I don't doubt you know). It's extremely quick to make a Ficcare bun in the morning and even shoulder-length hair can do this.

Majorane
October 14th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Why doesn't she want to wear up her hair? Is there a reason? Does she distinctly dislike the feeling of updo's, does she think she doesn't look as nice? Does she like the feel of loose hair?

She shouldn't have to do her hair up if she really doesn't want to, of course. But when you tell her you like to see a nice French Twist on her every once in a while what does she say?

:)

cathair
October 14th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Okay, so this is exactly the sort of thread about which all us old timers (including me) here have posted things like 'not there to decorate your world'...

Mrs M looks lovely with her hair up, and it would do a sock bun even at her current length, and I really like it, which she knows...but she never ever puts it up. Which I think is a shame.

Feel free :-)

^^^ That :p

Merlin
October 14th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Why doesn't she want to wear up her hair? Is there a reason? Does she distinctly dislike the feeling of updo's, does she think she doesn't look as nice? Does she like the feel of loose hair?

She shouldn't have to do her hair up if she really doesn't want to, of course. But when you tell her you like to see a nice French Twist on her every once in a while what does she say?

:)

I think it's a lot about indifference to her hair, it's just 'there' to be pretty much ignored as far as she's concerned, and she seems to have got it into her head early on in life that it didn't suit her up (it does). She also dislikes, and always has, having her hair touched so she's never enjoyed having her friends or hairdressers 'doing' her hair. Time spend on it is pretty much time wasted from her point of view...

SkyChild
October 14th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Hmmm that's a real shame. I'd go with complimenting her hair a lot if you know she's spent time on it (even if it's just brushed and sitting nicely)
Also maybe play youtube videos of lovely easy updos and buy her a basic not-too-pricey fork? That way she can use it as a comb if she likes, but for holding updos if she decides to take the plunge.

Laurenji
October 14th, 2014, 01:01 PM
I think it's a lot about indifference to her hair, it's just 'there' to be pretty much ignored as far as she's concerned, and she seems to have got it into her head early on in life that it didn't suit her up (it does). She also dislikes, and always has, having her hair touched so she's never enjoyed having her friends or hairdressers 'doing' her hair. Time spend on it is pretty much time wasted from her point of view...

This is going to be a hard thing to break. There are clothes that I own which my husband likes and compliments me on them every time I wear, but I just can't seem to feel good about myself when I wear them, so I never do. Logically I know it's silly, but if I don't feel comfortable or good about myself while wearing a piece of clothing, it's never going to get worn, no matter how many other people say it suits me.

I would imagine the same applies to hair.

MsPharaohMoan
October 14th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Ask for it as a gift from her to you on your birthday! Other than that, us ladies can be a stubborn bunch.

Merlin
October 14th, 2014, 01:34 PM
^^^ That :p

ROFL :-) I make no bones whatsoever about deserving any replies like that I get!

Ask for it as a gift from her to you on your birthday! Other than that, us ladies can be a stubborn bunch.

She'd say either 'no' or 'maybe'

cathair
October 14th, 2014, 02:08 PM
ROFL :-) I make no bones whatsoever about deserving any replies like that I get!

She'd say either 'no' or 'maybe'

:D

I can kind of see her point. If I didn't have to wear my hair up to keep it safe, I probably wouldn't. Makes me feel kind of old, frumpy and matrony at times. I haven't met a single person that says mine looks better up yet. How long is her hair?

Carolyn
October 14th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Well Merlin, I'd say you are pretty much screwed as far as getting her to wear her hair up. I'd wear mine down all the time if it wasn't that I would damage it by washing daily and using heat daily. If she won't do it for your birthday I don't think it's gonna happen.

Merlin
October 15th, 2014, 12:31 AM
Well Merlin, I'd say you are pretty much screwed as far as getting her to wear her hair up. I'd wear mine down all the time if it wasn't that I would damage it by washing daily and using heat daily. If she won't do it for your birthday I don't think it's gonna happen.

I think that's probably true!

truepeacenik
October 15th, 2014, 12:38 AM
Ha! I'm forever taking my partners' hair down. I get a sigh, an eyeroll, or an indulgent smile. From both. (Now that is weird, the reactions are the same)

Can't help you, Merlin.
Unless she likes if you putter with her hair. I'll put up with silliness in that case.