PDA

View Full Version : Fading henna with oil

DancingGirl
October 13th, 2014, 05:19 PM
I was looking up ways to fade some more of my henna out and came across this article about fading henna with various oils:
http://silknstone.com/how-to-remove-henna-and-herbal-hair-dye-from-your-hair
The test with the olive oil made the hair appear browner. Has anyone tried fading it with olive oil and had it turn browner? I'm going to test it out as soon as I get a bottle of olive oil. Any thing to help lessen the red would be nice.

Aurum
October 13th, 2014, 05:24 PM
That's interesting, it does appear that certain oils can lighten it. Must be related to their chemical properties.
Unfortunately, I don't have any firsthand experience with henna, so I can't help.

DancingGirl
October 13th, 2014, 05:27 PM
I'll be buying some this week and do some strand tests. I'll post before and after pics if there's a noticeable difference. Crossing my fingers it makes it less vibrant.

swearnsue
October 13th, 2014, 07:16 PM
I haven't found anything that takes the red out of henna. You can make it more orange or more dry like straw. I've had henna for years and used many different oils as preoils before I shampoo and haven't noticed a bit of change.

Whitening toothpaste is peroxide so that would make it lighter. But lighter will also be more orange probably.