PDA

View Full Version : What's her thickness?

Luana
October 13th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Hello lovely people, my friend recently asked if I could help her figure out her hair's thickness! But being only 17 years old, I don't feel like I'm experienced enough to tell.

Photo removed by request.

This is her and her identical twin, with quite shorter hair as you can see :o

Aurum
October 13th, 2014, 05:15 PM
It's very difficult to tell thickness from a photograph alone. However, there is a tried and true method of finding thickness. She should put her hair in a ponytail containing as much of her hair as possible (so if it has to be on top of her head, that's fine). Then, measure the circumference of the ponytail. That measurement gives you a thickness classifier -- i, ii, or iii. There are also some in-between classifiers like i/ii and ii/iii. I believe it goes like this:

I = <2 inches
ii = 2-4 inches
iii = >4 inches

ii is the average, but LHC members are all over the place for thickness. :)

Madora
October 13th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Hard to tell via the photo. Can she send you a photo of her hair down her back?

hennalonghair
October 13th, 2014, 05:16 PM
It's very difficult to tell thickness from a photograph alone. However, there is a tried and true method of finding thickness. She should put her hair in a ponytail containing as much of her hair as possible (so if it has to be on top of her head, that's fine). Then, measure the circumference of the ponytail. That measurement gives you a thickness classifier -- i, ii, or iii. There are also some in-between classifiers like i/ii and ii/iii.

Exactly!!!

Aderyn
October 13th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Very hard to tell from a photo. Need to consider individual strand thickness as well. I have fine hair that easily compacts down into nothing, but it's really quite thick whereas I see people with much thinner or even the same thickness of hair than mine with hair that looks much thicker.

Only way to really be sure is to measure the ponytail circumference.

lapushka
October 13th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Welcome BTW.

Luana
October 13th, 2014, 05:19 PM
It's very difficult to tell thickness from a photograph alone. However, there is a tried and true method of finding thickness. She should put her hair in a ponytail containing as much of her hair as possible (so if it has to be on top of her head, that's fine). Then, measure the circumference of the ponytail. That measurement gives you a thickness classifier -- i, ii, or iii. There are also some in-between classifiers like i/ii and ii/iii. I believe it goes like this:

I = <2 inches
ii = 2-4 inches
iii = >4 inches

Thank you for the very helpful response, I'll tell her next time I talk to her :)

Luana
October 13th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Welcome BTW.

Thank you :o