PDA

View Full Version : The Official ii thread! THE AVERAGE thickness mane!!!

Pages : [1] 2

StellaKatherine
October 12th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Do you ever feel you do not belong anywhere ? Then here is the place for you!

There are threads for thin and fine hair, there are lots of different threads about super thick hair and how to take care of it. So how about us who do not feel like we really belong anywhere ? I decided we NEED a place for US. To those who are in between! You can have fine hair, medium hair, coarse hair and ponytail around the middle of ii thickness! JOIN here!!! :flower:

I start with myself. I have 3,14 inch ponytail which puts me right in the middle of ii thickness. I have both super fine hairs and medium thickness. My hair is wavy which makes it big looking when open, but my braids and buns easily look thin and small if I do not work hard to make them look bigger. Here is the photo of right after washing, so my braid compacted sligly less because of the natural flufiness after washing. It calms down the next day.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13777&d=1413136771

So if you feel average, WELCOME!!! :cheer:

two_wheels
October 12th, 2014, 12:21 PM
:cheer: I'm in!

Medium thickness (3.25"), medium waviness (2a), medium colour (dark blonde/golden brown)

Bring on the happy mediums

PS love your hair SK

Wosie
October 12th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Hehe, I'm average when it comes to everything about my hair... Hair colour (brown), hair length (between APL and BSL), daily hair shedding (50-100), circumference (8.2-8.4 cm). So yes, this is a thread for me! :D

Edit: Just wanted to add that I'm a big admirer of your hair, StellaKatherine. :blossom:

LongHairLesbian
October 12th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Another average-thickness checking in. :flower: It's the best of both worlds, in my opinion. My thickness isn't worthy of comment one way or the other, so everyone is able to focus on my length and colour, and the styles I do. :)

Siowiel
October 12th, 2014, 12:36 PM
I'm also right in the middle of II!
But I often feel very thin-haired with my thin braid and tiny buns.. compared to many manes on here!

Aurum
October 12th, 2014, 12:46 PM
I'll play. :D
I'd say I'm on the lower end of ii or even i/ii, but my hair's fluffiness creates the illusion that I'm average.

StellaKatherine
October 12th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I am SUPER happy to see you all here!! And thank you for the compliments two_wheels and Woosie !

two_wheels, love how your 2014 october length is same as in 2012 october! Amazing results in only 2 years time ! :flower:

StellaKatherine
October 12th, 2014, 12:50 PM
I'll play. :D
I'd say I'm on the lower end of ii or even i/ii, but my hair's fluffiness creates the illusion that I'm average.

Welcome Aurum! :flower:

two_wheels
October 12th, 2014, 01:01 PM
I am SUPER happy to see you all here!! And thank you for the compliments two_wheels and Woosie !

two_wheels, love how your 2014 october length is same as in 2012 october! Amazing results in only 2 years time ! :flower:

Thanks! I'm afraid it took 3 years - because that's another average I forgot to mention, 0.5"/month! It is neat that the Octobers lined up perfectly :)

Stray_mind
October 12th, 2014, 01:12 PM
This is a thread for me. My hair is neither thick nor thin,neither straight nor wavy, neither blonde nor brown.. It can grow up to an inch a month though..

fišrildi
October 12th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Yes! A thread I can finally join! :happydance:

I'm an almost ii/iii, but still, my thickness is average ^^
My hair is not thin, not thick, not blonde, not brown, not entirely F, not entirely M, not exactly 2a, not exactly 2b, not too short to be considered short, and not too long to be considered long :bigtongue:

Robot Ninja
October 12th, 2014, 01:39 PM
I'm on the thicker end of ii (3.75" ponytail circumference, a little more when it doesn't feel like compacting), but totally average in every other way: 1c/2a, neither fine nor coarse, grows half an inch a month, medium brown. Sometimes it doesn't feel very thick though; if I want to do more than one braid it seems like I never have enough hair for it.

StellaKatherine
October 12th, 2014, 02:33 PM
two_wheels, my grows 0.5 inch a month as well :) Average again hehe

Welcome Robot Ninja! :flower:

StellaKatherine
October 12th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Yes! A thread I can finally join! :happydance:

I'm an almost ii/iii, but still, my thickness is average ^^
My hair is not thin, not thick, not blonde, not brown, not entirely F, not entirely M, not exactly 2a, not exactly 2b, not too short to be considered short, and not too long to be considered long :bigtongue:

It is nice to belong somewhere isn't it ? :flower:

Rushli
October 12th, 2014, 10:55 PM
I am average too! Woohooo

Theobroma
October 13th, 2014, 03:01 AM
Another average checking in! 3" circ (with massive taper thanks to a disastrous CO shed almost three years ago that's taking forever to recover from). Growth rate too is dead average at 0.5" per month. I so belong here! :D

Federica
October 13th, 2014, 03:08 AM
I think I belong here!
My hair seems very thicker when down because of the waves and curls, but when brushed and braided it looks exactly as thick as your braid, StellaKatherine!
I'm happy with my average thickness, because it seems big when down but its weight is still comfortable even with longer lenghts.

Theobroma
October 13th, 2014, 03:55 AM
Federica, that is indeed an advantage of average thickness. Even if I eventually manage to grow out all my taper -- and I don't even know whether I have the genes for a full hemline at classic-plus -- I don't really anticipate running into trouble with the weight of my updos. That's a definite bonus!

MsPharaohMoan
October 13th, 2014, 04:14 AM
I'm in! Hard to believe there wasn't a ii thread before now!

Theobroma
October 13th, 2014, 04:20 AM

I guess "average" seems too unremarkable to mention... until discussion of the extreme ends of the spectrum becomes the norm. :D

morrigan*
October 13th, 2014, 04:46 AM
I belong here too, if i remember correctly i'm about 3,5''. I like my thickness.

Mimha
October 13th, 2014, 05:05 AM
Hello sisters !!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: (... and brothers too, of course, if any^^)

Chestnut golden brown, APL+, waves flirting with curliness (and making my hair look much thicker than it really is^^), 3.5" ponytail (average between 3.25" at nape and 3.75" on top of head). Well, I think I belong here too ! :)

... Good to feel you belong somewhere, ha ha ha ! :o

lazuliblue
October 13th, 2014, 05:09 AM
Me! I'm exactly 3 inches. 2a/b, and blonette! So basically in the middle of everything :D

Johannah
October 13th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Hello :waving:

3.4" circumference, M and 2a. I've been growing out layers for 3+ years so my hair is very thing at the ends.

LadyCelestina
October 13th, 2014, 06:19 AM
Technically I am iii but my hair doesn't look it,I suspect it just poofs up a couple cm :o Most people who are ii/iii have hair like me :) I don't feel like I belong anywhere since I can relate to thick hair problems,but I don't have the looks of thick hair and it just feels to be so pretentious to call yourself the thicker when you are smack in the middle between ii and iii :D

ETA : I used to be at 9cm when I finally learned how to measure my pony,but I was malnourished at that time and shedding... Now I am a little bit over 10 cm + bangs

dogzdinner
October 13th, 2014, 06:33 AM
Im def average! 3.25ins ponytail (but gets thinner thanks to layers). Mousey brown/blonette colour and a hint of a wave so pretty normal all round!:D
Also very fine so whilst it looks like a decent amount when down and braidwavey it compacts up to produce the worlds puniest buns and braids!LOL

StellaKatherine
October 13th, 2014, 07:01 AM

I did noticed, that there was no ii thread, but thought like everyone else, that maybe we do not need one as we are "just" average. And now I am extrimely happy to see all of you here and hopefully we wil have more joining! :D

StellaKatherine
October 13th, 2014, 07:04 AM
Technically I am iii but my hair doesn't look it,I suspect it just poofs up a couple cm :o Most people who are ii/iii have hair like me :) I don't feel like I belong anywhere since I can relate to thick hair problems,but I don't have the looks of thick hair and it just feels to be so pretentious to call yourself the thicker when you are smack in the middle between ii and iii :D

ETA : I used to be at 9cm when I finally learned how to measure my pony,but I was malnourished at that time and shedding... Now I am a little bit over 10 cm + bangs

Then join here :D We are the ones who kinda do not belond anywhere people anyway ;)

Entangled
October 13th, 2014, 07:11 AM
There's a thread for me!! My hair is on the thicker side of ii (3.75") which is thicker than I had always thought, but nothing spectacular. My hair is the average color here, somewhere between brown and blonde, and average long length. There are definitely blessings. When talking to my sister and my mom, I'm the only one with hair just right for styles. My mom's hair is silky, 1a, and fine. It slips out of most 'dos. My sister is firmly in the iii range, with hair courser and shorter than mine. I can put her hair up, but it rebels and tries to break my hairstick. My hair is in the middle, ideal for buns and braids. Still, though sometimes it's frustrating to feel ordinary, compared to my moms silky softness and my sister's fat braid. Average hair is a blessing, though. Nothing extreme happens to it!

ChrissieM
October 13th, 2014, 07:27 AM
This is my place to be as well. I'm about 3.5 in circumference including bangs. I like this "Average" thickness...it doesn't take all day to dry and doesn't get too heavy in updos.

Enrapture
October 13th, 2014, 07:32 AM
I'm in! I'm 3.15 inches or a little bit over 8 cm! I think the average thickness is probably easier to maintain, so I'm happy with my thickness :)

Stray_mind
October 13th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Hmm... It appears i am still 3.14 inches. When i measured earlier, i put my hair in a ponytail on the top of my head and it appears that some of my hair are too short to fit in the ponytail (only the very ends fit). When i put it in a lower ponytail, i got 3.14 inches instead of said 3... That's good news for me.

StellaKatherine
October 13th, 2014, 07:59 AM
I have short hair all over my head. Not really sure if those just too fine to grow longer or is those are the result of mechanical damage growing. I've been brushing my hair while wet untill may of this year, so maybe I've been "cutting" my hair before time and now getting them back. Maybe, maybe not. We will see in a year if my ponytail start to grow :)

I do hope you ladies will share your hair, especially braid and open hair comarisons , buns :D

morrigan*
October 13th, 2014, 08:00 AM
There's a thread for me!! My hair is on the thicker side of ii (4.75") which is thicker than I had always thought, but nothing spectacular. My hair is the average color here, somewhere between brown and blonde, and average long length. There are definitely blessings. When talking to my sister and my mom, I'm the only one with hair just right for styles. My mom's hair is silky, 1a, and fine. It slips out of most 'dos. My sister is firmly in the iii range, with hair courser and shorter than mine. I can put her hair up, but it rebels and tries to break my hairstick. My hair is in the middle, ideal for buns and braids. Still, though sometimes it's frustrating to feel ordinary, compared to my moms silky softness and my sister's fat braid. Average hair is a blessing, though. Nothing extreme happens to it!

With 4,75'' you are well into iii category, ii is 2''-4'' as far as i know.

morrigan*
October 13th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Stella katherine i will share some photos soon. My hair is pretty wavy but since i take care of it very well it's became very silky, i often can get away without conditioner, that's also mean it compresses really well in braid and honestly i don't like that.

Quasiquixotic
October 13th, 2014, 08:05 AM
This is my thread too. :hifive: my pony is 3.5" every time. I really like it too. Although I have noticed I have to be careful with Ficcare placement, they will give me scalp cleavage.

StellaKatherine
October 13th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Stella katherine i will share some photos soon. My hair is pretty wavy but since i take care of it very well it's became very silky, i often can get away without conditioner, that's also mean it compresses really well in braid and honestly i don't like that.

Yeah, the better condition the hair becomes - the smaller it start to look :)

StellaKatherine
October 13th, 2014, 08:09 AM
This is my thread too. :hifive: my pony is 3.5" every time. I really like it too. Although I have noticed I have to be careful with Ficcare placement, they will give me scalp cleavage.

Welcome sweety ! :flower: I noticed, that I can easily get the scalp cleavage with amish pins. Didn't have this with ficcare, probably because of the lenght of my hair which hides the place where ficcare holds :) So, that problem will be fixed with the growth ;)

morrigan*
October 13th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Yeah, the better condition the hair becomes - the smaller it start to look :)

That is true, but i still prefer look of my healthy hair than fried mess i used to have. Also the longer it gets the easier is to put it up comfortable and not too tight so buns looks a bit bigger.

morrigan*
October 13th, 2014, 11:06 AM
This is form last year, i really don't have any new length shot from last year. It shows difference between fried hair that puffs and healthier hair, but it's still freshly washed and i think trimmed too.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/nymphetamine000/2years_zps6910351a.jpg
This photo is form earlier in 2013 and it shows second or third day hair after wash, it's compacted even more.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/nymphetamine000/2013_10_16_8769_zpsee3c69b9.jpg

StellaKatherine
October 13th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Ohh morrigan, your hair looks so shiny in the last photo! Love the colour you have! And I wish I had your body type ;)

morrigan*
October 13th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Thank you StellaKatherine, it's more brown now as red washed out, i used deposit only colour, i really liked initial purple tone, but it doesn't suit me well.

Also your braid looks impressive, it's taper free.

StellaKatherine
October 13th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Oh I do have a tapper, just can't see it clearly because I didn't put elastic :D But I haven't cut my hair at all except two S&D sessions (one i may and one in september this year) for 2 years. So I guess some tapper is normal thing to have. Think I'll cut half and inch or and inch before the new year , or maybe not. Bean neglect seems to work on my hair :)

LongHairLesbian
October 13th, 2014, 11:59 AM
With 4,75'' you are well into iii category, ii is 2''-4'' as far as i know.

I think she probably meant 3.75; 4.75 is an enormous amount of hair. :)

StellaKatherine
October 13th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Yeah I think so too, she probably had error in the number :D happends ;)

Breanna
October 13th, 2014, 01:05 PM
A thread for me! I see so many bulky braids on here and sometimes I feel like mine is teeny tiny but it's actually about the same thickness as yours, StellaKatherine, which is a beautiful braid! :D

StellaKatherine
October 13th, 2014, 01:25 PM
A thread for me! I see so many bulky braids on here and sometimes I feel like mine is teeny tiny but it's actually about the same thickness as yours, StellaKatherine, which is a beautiful braid! :D

Thank you sweety ! :o I know what you mean about feeling like your braid is just too small when comparing to all the thick haired ladies here. It seems average braids are not posted as much - so it is hard to know how the braid " should " look like when you are in a ii zone :laugh: I do hope we can learn to love our braids just the way they are here! That is my goal :flower:

Iku-Turso
October 13th, 2014, 01:34 PM
I have a 8,5cm (3,35'') ponytail, just measured. I've always thought my hair is of average thickness. I have seen many thicker braids or thinner braids than mine, so this thread feels like home.

I don't like when people comment to me "oh, it is so easy for you to grow long hair, because your hair is so thick". Wait... what? I've heard it a lot, and it just makes me wordless. :rolleyes:

StellaKatherine
October 13th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Iku-Turso, I think in Finland our medium thickness hair considered as a thick hair. On my wedding day my hairdresser kept on saying, that my hair is SO THICK. When really it isn't any extra ordinary amount :)

Then again people usually try to rationalize the hair äength of other person. At work one girl said to me something similar, that it is easy to LET the hair grow that long when it is as thick as mine is.

Wosie
October 13th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I think it's very much the same in Sweden, StellaKatherine! Most people here have fine, straight hair, so their hair appears much thinner than mine. I'm guesstimating that the most common hair thickness in Sweden would be about 7 cm.

I've also heard that my hair is thick, and I thought it was too, until I landed here. :o

Oh, and I thought I could add a picture of the French braid I wore yesterday. :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13799&d=1413231112

Entangled
October 13th, 2014, 02:22 PM
I think she probably meant 3.75; 4.75 is an enormous amount of hair. :)

Yep, you're right. I didn't notice my typo!

As for drying time, mine still takes all day to dry. It's taken more than twenty four hours before, but that's only when it's up to dry.

MsPharaohMoan
October 13th, 2014, 02:55 PM
I guess "average" seems too unremarkable to mention... until discussion of the extreme ends of the spectrum becomes the norm. :D

Interesting observation, Theobroma!

-eyes Wosie's braid suspiciously- that braid seems awful thick to me! Lovely <3

Huzzah for the unremarkable!

http://i58.tinypic.com/2uqd6rm.jpg http://i60.tinypic.com/34y21b4.jpg
Time to break out the pics! The first is my tightest braid, the second is my loosest. In the second I pulled each part of the braid out to spread the hair and make it appear thicker… Although now that I see these pics side by side, I don't really see too much of a difference. Ah well. Anyone else have techniques to make hair appear thicker or thinner?

maskedrose
October 13th, 2014, 03:19 PM
My circumference measures in right at 3.5" right now. It was 3.8" a few years ago, but I think that was mostly due to highlight damage making it rougher and harder to compact.

April of 2014, flirting with hip length (the ends look really nice here, although in reality they were very thin and damaged)
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/maskedrose21/5fc0d739-ddcb-4c40-8e10-e84869c557e3.jpg

June of 2014, right after a cut back to BSL
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/maskedrose21/8ada93b2-eead-4f79-9639-73dcd3b0258c.jpg

And a braided updo from last week. It's incredible to me how much my hair can compact in updos...but I guess that comes with the average thickness and fine hair.
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/maskedrose21/photo.jpg

fišrildi
October 13th, 2014, 03:49 PM
I think it's very much the same in Sweden, StellaKatherine! Most people here have fine, straight hair, so their hair appears much thinner than mine. I'm guesstimating that the most common hair thickness in Sweden would be about 7 cm.

I've also heard that my hair is thick, and I thought it was too, until I landed here. :o

Oh, and I thought I could add a picture of the French braid I wore yesterday. :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13799&d=1413231112

Oooh Wosie, I love your braid!! Beautiful!

Me too, when I first joined the forum, I thought that my hair was thick, but then I realized I am average :p
I do have a lot of hair, considering that there's a lot of baby fine hairs in there, even if I also have a lot of medium and some coarses as well.
I will post a picture soon :)

lunalocks
October 13th, 2014, 04:31 PM
I am still a ii tho graduated from a 3.5 pony (2 months ago) to 4 inches (now). But 12 inches down from the pony the thickness is only 2 inches and continues to taper. I also have bangs that are another inch but can't be counted in the total as I will always have the bangs. I have always thought that my individual strands were thick (turns out they are med) but there are not a whole lot of them.

I have stopped wearing ponytails, even with a soft scrunchi, and I think this has helped gain thickness. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will travel down.

mamaherrera
October 13th, 2014, 04:31 PM
This is such a good thread for me. All my life as a little one, brushing my waves out, I always heard "Man you have such thick hair" But now after wearing it curly/wurly, no combing/brushing and taking better care of it, it looks so much "less" to me and feels so much "less" to me. So it's been hard on me because I started thinking I had lost hair. Especially when I went back home and my niece said, " gosh did you lose half your hair?" And then I live with my daughter who has a ponytail of 4.25" so you can easily see that I have much less hair than her all the time. So it's good to see pics of braids and buns that are more like mine. My hair can compact so much. When it's poofy, it looks huge, but just put it in an updo, and instantly it shrinks and you can feel that most of that illusion is just from "air" in my hair. My hair isn't heavy at all! My ponytail has always been 3.75" and it went up in the last months of my pregnancy to 3.9" but after a couple months of "Normal" shedding again after the baby, it's back down, so the "fairytale" of having more hair has ended for me. I will be happy if it just doesn't drop down anymore!! The funny thing is just a month ago, it was stil measuring big, so I don't know what other things could have made it compact more, maybe more dryness in the air?? Hair responds to EVERYTHING!

Aurum
October 13th, 2014, 04:36 PM
If Wosie is ii, then I probably belong in the i/ii thread. :rolleyes:

fišrildi
October 13th, 2014, 04:51 PM
All right, so here're some midnight pictures ;)
Loose hair and very off-centered dutch braid, with a lot of tapering and damage showing:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/PAJAROTRISTE/oct2014.jpg

My hair keeps looking so dark, but this is the only place I can take self pictures. This is my hair under normal lightning, just for reference:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/PAJAROTRISTE/4eeb4c3b-7b73-461d-b52a-eb1aac360244.jpg

ExpectoPatronum
October 13th, 2014, 10:28 PM
I'm joining this thread because, as someone with a circumference of exactly 4", I don't feel right posting in the "thick" threads. Besides, my hair compacts enough that it looks average when I put it in an updo...especially with my horrible taper :( It only looks thick because I comb out my waves.

StellaKatherine
October 14th, 2014, 05:59 AM

Omng, I love you hair !!! It looks so healthy, so shiny and so thick!!!! Damn girl - I WANT YOUR BRAID!!! :crush:

StellaKatherine
October 14th, 2014, 06:07 AM
You girls make me extrimely happy by posting all the gorgeous braids and manes !!!! :joy:

Interesting observation, Theobroma!

-eyes Wosie's braid suspiciously- that braid seems awful thick to me! Lovely <3

Huzzah for the unremarkable!

http://i58.tinypic.com/2uqd6rm.jpg http://i60.tinypic.com/34y21b4.jpg
Time to break out the pics! The first is my tightest braid, the second is my loosest. In the second I pulled each part of the braid out to spread the hair and make it appear thicker… Although now that I see these pics side by side, I don't really see too much of a difference. Ah well. Anyone else have techniques to make hair appear thicker or thinner?

I think I can see some difference. But must say you have some thick braid naturally! I do "pancake" my braids sometimes as well! Thicken up my braid by pulling the strands. But I noticed that this way my braid becomes very messy. I did learn to make 4 and 5 strand braids and I think they do make my braid look bigger.

And a braided updo from last week. It's incredible to me how much my hair can compact in updos...but I guess that comes with the average thickness and fine hair.
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/maskedrose21/photo.jpg

Ohhh, that updo is really lovely! :flower: I think I need to make something like that as well :agree:

StellaKatherine
October 14th, 2014, 06:10 AM
All right, so here're some midnight pictures ;)
Loose hair and very off-centered dutch braid, with a lot of tapering and damage showing:

My hair keeps looking so dark, but this is the only place I can take self pictures. This is my hair under normal lightning, just for reference:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/PAJAROTRISTE/4eeb4c3b-7b73-461d-b52a-eb1aac360244.jpg

I kinda like the off-centered dutch braid :D Beautiful ! :flowers:

Kherome
October 14th, 2014, 06:16 AM
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/iwasbornonahorse/July2214_zpsd58455dd.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/iwasbornonahorse/media/July2214_zpsd58455dd.jpg.html)

StellaKatherine
October 14th, 2014, 06:26 AM
Kherome, WOW! A princess hair truely ! :crush:

Johannah
October 14th, 2014, 12:59 PM
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/iwasbornonahorse/July2214_zpsd58455dd.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/iwasbornonahorse/media/July2214_zpsd58455dd.jpg.html)

Oh woow! :agape:

lapushka
October 14th, 2014, 02:50 PM

Very pretty classic length hair. My goal for the next year. :D

two_wheels
October 14th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Kherome, I had to zoom out on my browser to see all of your hair. Clearly a sign that it is epic! (and um, where is the taper?!) lovely!

Quasiquixotic
October 14th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Beautiful Kherome! I don't see any taper either!

Stray_mind
October 15th, 2014, 05:55 AM
Well, here's my ii mane.. :)

The Back
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/angel_corpse_album006/P1390336_zps3e665e8c.jpg
From the side
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/angel_corpse_album006/P1390338_zps5eb86206.jpg
And braided as tightly as possible (some of my hair doesn't fit in the braid because of the shorter front)
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/angel_corpse_album006/P1390340_zps5539078a.jpg

Kherome
October 15th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Thanks. I do have some taper, but it's not extreme. I am continuously trimming my hair in an effort to get rid of ALL of the taper if possible.

Crystawni
October 15th, 2014, 06:39 AM
*raises hand* Another Average Jo to add to the pile. :waving: I've got a ponytail circ. of 9cm (3.5"), with medium-coloured (not quite red, not quite blonde, not quite brown, not quite white...), 2lol hair that does seem to grow at an average rate. It is rather fine, though, with only the odd medium hair here and there. Loving the pics so far, btw! You guys have gorgeous hair!

This Flexi8 montage I posted elsewhere shows my hair thickness when up, and my siggy shows it down (and flipped):

https://i.imgur.com/PtXVADc.jpg

Mimha
October 15th, 2014, 06:46 AM
Hello "averagies" ^^ !

So nice to admire all these manes of different textures and colors !! :)

Fithrildi : I will never stop telling you that I LOVE your hair color :crush: :crush: I can't figure out if it's a warm caramel blond or a lighter shade of honey chestnut, but I love the nuances in it so much ! ... :) :)

Kherome : your length is just SO PERFECT !! :bigeyes: I don't see any taper whatsoever !! It's looks so well taken care of !... I think that a slight difference of thickness along the length is not possible to avoid simply due to strands at every stages of growth in it. And your mane is amazing ! I also like the color and the soft looking texture.

Stray_Mind : wow, I see an enviable thickness there ! ^^

MsPharaohMoan : I do see the difference between both braids !! I even stopped to take a clearer look at it, thinking : "wow, how has she achived such an increase of thickness ??" Lol. Notwithstanding the thickness matter, I prefer the "more flexible" look of the second braid. The tight one looks a little too stiff and does not fall so nicely on your back. But this a very personal opinion !... :)

StellaKatherine
October 15th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Well, here's my ii mane.. :)

The Back
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/angel_corpse_album006/P1390336_zps3e665e8c.jpg
From the side
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/angel_corpse_album006/P1390338_zps5eb86206.jpg
And braided as tightly as possible (some of my hair doesn't fit in the braid because of the shorter front)
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/angel_corpse_album006/P1390340_zps5539078a.jpg

Beautiful hair! :flower:

RavennaNight
October 15th, 2014, 07:12 AM
My hair is at 3.5 inch circumference, so I'm here! :waving: It's a whole inch of improvement from when I joined in '08 and was blow drying, chemical dyeing, and ironing my hair. I often wonder if that is why I have such a massive natural V taper, is all that damage still growing out? I'm tall, so probably.

StellaKatherine
October 15th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Crystawni, everytime I see your hair photos and I feel like an extrime stalker.... I have totally a hair crush. My first ever hair crush :D Yeah LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your hair so much! :thudpile::crush::bowtome:

Mimha
October 15th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Here is a picture that I particularly love of my present ii hair : after bbb careful brushing. It smoothes the waves and end curls a little and makes the hair look soooo soft ! ^^

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag408/Mimha/PA080011_zpsa0393531.jpg (http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/Mimha/media/PA080011_zpsa0393531.jpg.html)

Stellaaa
October 15th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Hello fellow average people! So glad to be here. Some awesome looking heads here.

I have totally average hair, too. 3.25" circ, grows .5"/month, med-brownish/reddish/blondish grey (deposit dyed).

I have epic taper - from salon-dying and abusive brushing, and also pony-tailing wet for a week (life aboard a boat). Most of that has grown out to at least BSL, and my major taper starts around waist now. Hair looks thinner on the sides in this photo than IRL, but length shots are hard to come by (requires co-operative DH), so they'll have to do.

So, this is what my "average" tapered, near classic hair looked like earlier this summer, (yes, classic, if you look close, you can see that my hair is actually several inches longer than my white shirt, but that little tiny tail is due for the chop):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/Stellaaa/7313B814_zps37f5b996.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/Stellaaa/945D8D63_zps5434c3c4.jpg

Mimha
October 15th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Stellaaa, your hair is absolutely gorgeous !... :bigeyes: when I see the upper part of it, I have no doubt that with patience you can make it all so beautiful !

Theobroma
October 15th, 2014, 08:13 AM
:agape:

Stellaaa! I've never seen your hair down before. Oh my, thudworthy does not begin to describe it!

Wosie
October 15th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Oh gosh... A big thanks to the sweet compliments about my braid; I have to admit that I was quite overwhelmed when I read them. :o:crush:

So many beautiful and enviable manes here!

fišrildi, I hope my braid will look like yours when it grows up. :D

Stray_mind, Your hair looks thick as usual! Both loose and in a braid.

neko_kawaii
October 15th, 2014, 10:24 AM
*waves at all the other happy mediums*

Laurenji
October 15th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Yay, a thread for me! All my life I've been told I have "thick" hair. I was very surprised to measure my ponytail and find out that at 3.5", I'm smack in the middle of average! I will post a picture soon.

Interestingly enough, I'm kind of curious about the statistics of hair thickness. (warning: statistics language ahead). Maybe hair thickness isn't a normal distribution, but is more skewed towards thinness, so that the mean is higher than the mode - in other words, a few very thick haired people are making it so that "average" is 3.5", but most of the people that you meet in every day life are likely to have closer to 3" or 2" thick hair. I'm sure this also depends on genetics as well; blonde hair seems to be thinner and more fine, so if you live somewhere where blonde hair is prevalent (like in Sweden), 3" hair could seem VERY thick, but if you live somewhere where darker/curlier/coarser hair is more common, 3" would seem very thin.

Stellaaa
October 15th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Stellaaa, your hair is absolutely gorgeous !... :bigeyes: when I see the upper part of it, I have no doubt that with patience you can make it all so beautiful !

Thanks so much Mimha :). Yours looks so thick and soft in the pic above mine.

As for patience, it should be my middle name, I've plenty. And benign neglect...

:agape:

Stellaaa! I've never seen your hair down before. Oh my, thudworthy does not begin to describe it!

Thank you VERY much, Theobroma.

Hmmm, I don't recall seeing one of yours down either ...

*waves at all the other happy mediums*

That's great, yes, happy mediums.

If it was much thicker it would require more neck muscle than I have to hold up my do.

And if it was much thinner it would require more careful care than I care to do to my do.

Happy medium indeed :)

Robot Ninja
October 15th, 2014, 10:49 AM
An old braid picture, but my hair hasn't gotten any thicker:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6641&d=1380303702

Theobroma
October 15th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Yay, a thread for me! All my life I've been told I have "thick" hair. I was very surprised to measure my ponytail and find out that at 3.5", I'm smack in the middle of average! I will post a picture soon.

Yup, me too. I was always the kid with the "incredibly thick" hair -- and it was thicker than that of most kids my age. Yet I don't think I've ever had a circ of much more than 8cm (I still have the braid I chopped to between shoulder and APL at age 12, so I know for a fact that that was my thickness then). Barely average on the hair forums!

Thank you VERY much, Theobroma.

Hmmm, I don't recall seeing one of yours down either ...

I had a few shots in my album, but the crash ate them and i'm not taking any more until I grow out a lot more of this taper -- I'm on a length shot strike until then. Some things really don't deserve to be recorded for posterity. :D

brickworld13
October 15th, 2014, 10:57 AM
I'm here now. I don't think my thickness is ever going to recover. So I will be happy as a ii.

Johannah
October 15th, 2014, 11:13 AM

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6641&d=1380303702

Woww!! Beautiful!!

StellaKatherine
October 15th, 2014, 11:37 AM

OMNG, Are you sure you ii ? :D Your braid looks HUGE! Amazing, truly amazing! :flowers:

StellaKatherine
October 15th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Here is a picture that I particularly love of my present ii hair : after bbb careful brushing. It smoothes the waves and end curls a little and makes the hair look soooo soft ! ^^

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag408/Mimha/PA080011_zpsa0393531.jpg (http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/Mimha/media/PA080011_zpsa0393531.jpg.html)

I want your hemline! Almost want to cut my hair shorter to get it... hehe

Wosie
October 15th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Robot Ninja, What a gorgeous braid! Also, your hair colour is :thud:-worthy. I agree with StellaKatherine, it's hard to believe you're a ii. :o

Laurenji, Aren't 3 inches smack dab in the middle of average, though? One of my hopes is to reach 3.5 inches one day (gotta find a working routine for my scalp condition first shudder:).

Robot Ninja
October 15th, 2014, 12:10 PM
OMNG, Are you sure you ii ? :D Your braid looks HUGE! Amazing, truly amazing! :flowers:

Yep, I've measured. I usually braid tightly, so the braid ends up pretty thick. If I don't braid tightly, my hair doesn't compact as much, so it still looks thicker. The advantages of being a wavy I guess; I can look like a iii without any of the inconvenience. :D

Mimha
October 15th, 2014, 12:13 PM
I want your hemline! Almost want to cut my hair shorter to get it... hehe

Lol. Thank you StellaKatherine. I just micro-trimmed it 10 days ago^^. I prefer to grow it slowly and thick than to rush down and then have to cut a lot to catch back splits. The problem is that the thinnest and most vulnerable hair is on the top (= the surface of the hair mass) and gets damaged more quickly. So it's always shorter than the healthy mass underneath, which grows quickly and doesn't split. Result : I have to sacrifice a long bit of healthy hair just to get rid of a few shorter damaged strands ! Grrrr !... Concerning your hair, your braid is beautiful and really regular from top to down, with almost no loss of thickness. You seem to have an efficient way to protect it from tapering ! :)

Robot Ninja : your braid is absolutely magnificent ! And I like your matching nail polish too ^^

StellaKatherine
October 15th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Yep, I've measured. I usually braid tightly, so the braid ends up pretty thick. If I don't braid tightly, my hair doesn't compact as much, so it still looks thicker. The advantages of being a wavy I guess; I can look like a iii without any of the inconvenience. :D

I still have to grow my bangs our, they are at shoulder length right now. Hopefully my braid will look little thicker when bangs finally reach the braid. Yeah, after shower and with letting hair stay wavy braids do seem to look thicker :)

Lol. Thank you StellaKatherine. I just micro-trimmed it 10 days ago^^. I prefer to grow it slowly and thick than to rush down and then have to cut a lot to catch back splits. The problem is that the thinnest and most vulnerable hair is on the top (= the surface of the hair mass) and gets damaged more quickly. So it's always shorter than the healthy mass underneath, which grows quickly and doesn't split. Result : I have to sacrifice a long bit of healthy hair just to get rid of a few shorter damaged strands ! Grrrr !... Concerning your hair, your braid is beautiful and really regular from top to down, with almost no loss of thickness. You seem to have an efficient way to protect it from tapering ! :)

To be honest it is all gens. My hair seems to grow in an almost straight like by itself. Haven't cut my hair for 2 years now. And till may this year I didn't protect my ends AT ALL. It was just in a single braid all the time. The ends even been few times in a chloral by accident... (happen at work). This May I finally started to put my hair up, oil and stopped brushing while wet. I hope now since I stopped doing all the damaging things my braids maybe even start to thicken up a little :)

Stray_mind
October 15th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Mimha, ENVIABLE? :D Look at your own gorgeous head of hair!
StellaKatherine-thank you for your compliment!
Wosie-thank you :o

Wow, i just came back and this thread is filled with even more amazing and thudworthy hair :) I am really happy this thread exists.

StellaKatherine
October 15th, 2014, 12:54 PM
This only shows, that we really needed one!!! Feels so much better to see all the ii's here :crush:

LongHairLesbian
October 15th, 2014, 01:08 PM
My very average mane :p

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y419/Chelsey_V_Worth/lengthshot_zpsbd98b600.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/Chelsey_V_Worth/media/lengthshot_zpsbd98b600.jpg.html)

My very average braid pic. :) Although I feel like dutch braids make my braid look bigger than when I french or english braid. Does anyone else find that?

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y419/Chelsey_V_Worth/dutchbraidpic_zpsbaf1e3fd.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/Chelsey_V_Worth/media/dutchbraidpic_zpsbaf1e3fd.jpg.html)

StellaKatherine
October 15th, 2014, 01:43 PM
LongHairLesbian, you seem to have no tapper at all! Beautiful hair! :crush:

Robot Ninja
October 15th, 2014, 01:43 PM
My very average braid pic. :) Although I feel like dutch braids make my braid look bigger than when I french or english braid. Does anyone else find that?

I think so too. Maybe it's because the "Dutch" parts lie flatter and so look wider? Or the wizard did it.

mamaherrera
October 15th, 2014, 02:02 PM
What does your ponytail circum measure, do you know?

Frederikke
October 15th, 2014, 02:10 PM
I'm right below middle of ii. Though I feel more thin haired than that both with braids/buns AND with lose hair because my hair is like silk. Smooth and staight but when peopke touch it they're always suprised that it's thicker than they thought

fišrildi
October 15th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Thank you, StellaKatherine, Mimha and Wosie :) :flowers:

I am loving this thread! Crystawni, your hair is amazingly beautiful, stunning!!

Mimha, wooow, your hair seems to be extremely thick in that picture! And those waves... :thud:

Robot Ninja, :thudpile: what an amazing hair colour and glorious thickness!

LongHairLesbian, your mane is certainly not just "average"... that's thudworthy!!
I find that english braids make my hair look thicker, but maybe that's because I usually don't make them as tight as dutch or french ones.
I could be complimenting on pictures forever, so I should stop for today :wink: Beautiful manes, everyone!

LongHairLesbian
October 15th, 2014, 03:04 PM
LongHairLesbian, you seem to have no tapper at all! Beautiful hair! :crush:

Thank you, the same is true of you! Maybe those of us with northern European heritage got the "Less taper" genes, eh? ;)

Robot Ninja: That makes sense to me. But so does the wizard doing it, haha! :)

mamaherrera: Was that ponytail circum question directed at me? :) If so, I'm not sure of what it is, since I don't measure. All I know is that it looks and feels like average density. No one ever says that my hair looks thick or thin either. Except my mother, she thinks that I "have enough hair for three people", but that's probably because she thinks my hair is too long, haha.

Flo: Thank you! Your waves make me sigh with envy. Gorgeous hair!

mamaherrera
October 15th, 2014, 04:03 PM
I was asking about circumference to Robot Ninja, cuz my braid looks "almost like yours" and I was wondering if we have the same circum

Robot Ninja
October 15th, 2014, 04:23 PM
I was asking about circumference to Robot Ninja, cuz my braid looks "almost like yours" and I was wondering if we have the same circum

Mine is 3.75" or thereabouts.

LauraLongLocks
October 15th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Wow, how did I miss this thread the day it was created??? Anyway, glad to be here and finally have a place I belong!

7.5 cm or 3" circumference here.

Braid photo taken within the last month:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/September2014Braid02.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/September2014Braid02.jpg.html)

Loose hair photo in signature, but I'll repeat it here for you:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/October2014lengthphotos021-1.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/October2014lengthphotos021-1.jpg.html)

I have been told my whole life that my hair is thin, but then came to LHC and found out it is average. Then the nice people here at LHC sometimes tell me it is thick, lol! It's average as average can be, right in the middle of the average range. I also grow 1 cm a month, just a little below average. I have fine/medium hair... mostly fine. So I have a nice high "thread count" as I was told on FB. The high thread count gives me my average thickness, else I would have thinner hair. I know I have a lot more follicles than my coarse-haired friend. Hers are spaced much farther apart than mine on her scalp... it was like looking at a Barbie-doll head, actually, without trying to be insulting at all. I was more intrigued and had nothing to compare it to as all I have ever known is lots of follicles, but fine hair.

I love being medium, but I detest being told that my hair is thin. Thin is a descriptor that was used to pressure me into my first pixie cut at age 9. A Dorothy Hamill cut. I was told it would make my hair thicker if I cut it. Mom pressured and pressured me to cut it, and I really had no other choice. I finally got my first pixie and no, I didn't look anything like Dorothy Hamill. I looked like a very feminine boy wearing a dress. All my life I've been told if I cut layers my hair will look thicker, or just keep it short and it will look thicker. Turns out that both layers and short hair make me look like I have less hair. Probably because there is less hair, but I'm just guessing. Anyway, when I stopped listening to all that advice, my hair turned out a lot thicker than I realized, and seemed much thicker than I imagined it was. I dared not say it was thick though, and I'm right. It's not thick. It's just average, and I love it that way.

Crystawni
October 15th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Love this thread and ALL the hair pics!

I'm one of those that have been told I have a lot of fine hair. So, the amount makes up for the fineness, but also makes it kinda hot in this tropical climate. Aaaand, I have a larger head for allllll the hairs, too.

I guess as I'll probably change my sig pic in the future, here's my recent monthly length shots showing my hair down (and how wearing a different coloured top changes how my camera interprets my hair colour):
http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o722/Weighting/apr-sept142sm_zps3d3e978b.jpg

I am loving this thread! Crystawni, your hair is amazingly beautiful, stunning!!

All right, so here're some midnight pictures

And here I've been, admiring your gorgeous hair on the boards since I joined! Thank you!

Crystawni, everytime I see your hair photos and I feel like an extrime stalker.... I have totally a hair crush. My first ever hair crush :D Yeah LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your hair so much! :thudpile::crush::bowtome:

*giggle* Ta, Missystalker! :p I love your hair, though, and hope mine grows like yours (I'm in the no-trim camp at the moment, too)!

Yup, for me English braids are my tightest and thinnest, French can be both thin and fat, and Dutch sit out and proud, looking rather fat. :D

Caraid♫
October 15th, 2014, 09:42 PM
yay for happy mediums! I always thought "gee, for having supposedly "average" thickness, there sure doesn't seem to be a lot of us!" but of course there are tons of us, it just doesn't get talked about too much!
I listed myself as ii/iii but I think that was probably a little generous being a 3.75" circumference, I'm really a true ii (probably should change that! I've just been told I have thick hair, but really its quite average :o )
Here is a semi-recend braid pic
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13851&d=1413430337
I love having average hair- 'iii' hair is beautiful, but I know it can be hard to deal with! 'i' hair is also beautiful, but like having just a bit of extra bulk for updos so that it still looks "long" while up.

mamaherrera
October 15th, 2014, 09:42 PM
I just asked, Robot. . . because my braid looks similar, and what do you know. . . . it measures 3.75" But it feels so light weight, it feels less than that to me.

Rushli
October 15th, 2014, 09:56 PM
So much wonderful hair! It is fun to see similar thickness at various lengths and curliness.

Caraid♫
October 15th, 2014, 09:56 PM
I just asked, Robot. . . because my braid looks similar, and what do you know. . . . it measures 3.75" But it feels so light weight, it feels less than that to me.

I know what you mean- mine also feels quite lightweight and am surprised to see pics because it actually feels thinner!

mamaherrera
October 15th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Exactly! Glad to know I am not the only one.

I know what you mean- mine also feels quite lightweight and am surprised to see pics because it actually feels thinner!

StellaKatherine
October 16th, 2014, 03:49 AM
Wow, how did I miss this thread the day it was created??? Anyway, glad to be here and finally have a place I belong!

Braid photo taken within the last month:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/September2014Braid02.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/September2014Braid02.jpg.html)

Loose hair photo in signature, but I'll repeat it here for you:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/October2014lengthphotos021-1.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/October2014lengthphotos021-1.jpg.html)

I kept on wondering when are you going to join!!!! Your braid no way looks thin to me! And that hemline looks fabulous! I remember you had troubles with hemline in summer, but now it is perfection! Can really clearly see that you have tons of hair! I myself have both fine and medium ones, as I can find both hair types on my head.

lazuliblue
October 16th, 2014, 04:09 AM

Oh my goodness. You have the same thickness as me. And your braid looks amazing! This is what mine could look like!! :joy:

(My aim has been to have a Dutch braid like Lara Croft...I wasn't sure if it was possible with a 3 inch circumference but you have proven that it can definitely be done!)

StellaKatherine
October 16th, 2014, 04:13 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13851&d=1413430337

so shiny and healthy looking! LOVE IT! :flower:

Love this thread and ALL the hair pics!

I'm one of those that have been told I have a lot of fine hair. So, the amount makes up for the fineness, but also makes it kinda hot in this tropical climate. Aaaand, I have a larger head for allllll the hairs, too.

I guess as I'll probably change my sig pic in the future, here's my recent monthly length shots showing my hair down (and how wearing a different coloured top changes how my camera interprets my hair colour):
http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o722/Weighting/apr-sept142sm_zps3d3e978b.jpg

And here I've been, admiring your gorgeous hair on the boards since I joined! Thank you!

*giggle* Ta, Missystalker! :p I love your hair, though, and hope mine grows like yours (I'm in the no-trim camp at the moment, too)!

Yup, for me English braids are my tightest and thinnest, French can be both thin and fat, and Dutch sit out and proud, looking rather fat. :D

Gorgeous... Can't wait to see your hair on a longer lengths as well :o

Last summer I kept on thinking how in the world can my hair feel so HOT at summer time while the thickness is only average! I simply can't keep my hair down at summer as otherwise I will die from heat. I guess the amount of the hair strands makes it feel hot?

I personally feel like my dutch and french braids make my hair tapper so badly! Probably because of the braiding starting so early. Here is a photo of the dutch braid that I then pinned up. The other side is so extremely thin :(

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13854&d=1413454239

Katnis braid , which to be honest was pancaked slightly from the top to make it more even.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3078&d=1362593385

Stray_mind
October 16th, 2014, 04:47 AM
Yaaay! More beautiful hair pictures! :) StallaKatherine-i suppose it's because you take the strands from the very front and they gradually shorten in the braiding process. :) I might be wrong though. My french braid also is thinner at the end.

JustPam
October 16th, 2014, 04:53 AM
Joining in here! Although I'm at the lower end of ii my hair is about twice as thick as it was 3 years ago after the bleaching years. Hopefully I'll creep up the scale a bit more but not expecting to get up to iii. I'm sitting at about 2.5" now.

Down wavy
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13857&d=1413455261

Down straight
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13856&d=1413455111

Braid
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13858&d=1413456731

StellaKatherine
October 16th, 2014, 04:58 AM
Stray_Mind, Yeah, that is probably the reason. But the longer my hair becomes the more dramatic tapper I see when dutch and french braid, so I rarely now make them anymore, unless I make some sort of an updo with them.

JustPam , Welcome sweety! Love your fishtail! And that hair colour is truely beautiful! :crush:

Stray_mind
October 16th, 2014, 07:03 AM
JustPam-beautiful hair! I also hope to get some thickness in time. It'll probably take lots of it, but i'll try to be patient. :)

Robot Ninja
October 16th, 2014, 08:09 AM

Do you guys have a lot of taper? That's why mine feels thin sometimes; I can't see the back of my head and the part I can see is pretty thin.

DreamSheep
October 16th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Just want to say - how many long gorgeous manes there are here! <3

velorutionista
October 16th, 2014, 12:32 PM
So much lovely hair here!

I was pretty sure my recent seasonal shed had left me bald (OK, a little hyperbole, but I still get ooked out about massive sheds, and I'm really good at extrapolating the worst case scenario!). Anyhow, I saw this thread a few days ago and was sure I'd shed myself down into the "i" range, but this morning I got up the gumption to measure and I'm still solidly in "ii" zone with a 2.5" circumference! (Can't remember what it was pre-shed, but I know last I measured it was in the lower half the "ii" range, so not a huge difference!)

I do have a bit of taper (yay layers!?), but the top of my braid is pretty decent these days! I'm hoping for more thickness as the layers phase out

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx125/velorutionista/Hair%20for%20LHC%20posts/81650d16-124c-4d7e-8b30-5ea046c04b8f_zpscf3fb7f1.jpg

Chromis
October 16th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Hello hair twins!

Mine does get pretty thin at the ends due to taper, but it starts off perfectly average:
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2751/5861629262_76e91d62b2.jpg

It's really apparent in my braids, but they are so long now that it is hard to get a good picture of this!
https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6221/6345198561_9dba0cb995.jpg
Here is a picture I did from a sequence showing how I do the modified Ellingwoman. You can see how much thinner the tail is here than the top of the braid!

And this is the exact same braid all the way down:
https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6211/6345187101_e84ee7c471.jpg

The taper annoys me quite a bit actually! When it gets too thin, it makes it more tedious to braid and makes tying the tassel harder so I have been maintaining at knee for a couple of years now to let it thicken back up after having had a major shed.

On the bright side, it does also make tucking in my ends for daily updos really easy!
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5515/12209780664_251d9ddc07.jpg

PS: StellaKatherine I love the dress you are wearing in the first post!

StellaKatherine
October 16th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Chronis, your hair looks stunning! I am still at TB length, going to grow at least till classic, but to be honest I am very tempted to go all the way to knee if my hair even grows that long :)

Thank you for the dress compliment , that is my most favorite dress :crush: I am deeply in love with classic 50's housewife type of a dresses :D

LauraLongLocks
October 16th, 2014, 02:29 PM
I kept on wondering when are you going to join!!!! Your braid no way looks thin to me! And that hemline looks fabulous! I remember you had troubles with hemline in summer, but now it is perfection! Can really clearly see that you have tons of hair! I myself have both fine and medium ones, as I can find both hair types on my head. Thank you! After having trolls telling me my hair is thin, this is so nice to read.

Oh my goodness. You have the same thickness as me. And your braid looks amazing! This is what mine could look like!! :joy:

(My aim has been to have a Dutch braid like Lara Croft...I wasn't sure if it was possible with a 3 inch circumference but you have proven that it can definitely be done!) I'm inspiration for someone else? That is probably the most flattering thing a person can be told. Thank you. A 3-inch circumference is absolutely awesome. :)

Hello hair twins!

Chromis, I love the mural on your wall. It is very nice. And of course your hair is also stunning. Thank you for sharing with us!

maskedrose
October 16th, 2014, 02:44 PM
I love this thread. It makes me happy :)

lapushka
October 16th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Chromis, your hair is truly stunning! :)

Sparklylady82
October 16th, 2014, 03:27 PM
I'm not sure if I belong in ii or iii? Ha! I have a 4" circumference. My hair looks 2a after being bunned for a few days, 2b if I let it air dry and scrunch (no product) and 2c if I airdry, diffuse and add gel! I am also neither brown or blond haired more blonette or someone just described it as tawny. My pic is in my sig below :-)

Here is a pic after being bunned and layers cut:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13737&d=1412960269

JustPam
October 16th, 2014, 03:55 PM
JustPam , Welcome sweety! Love your fishtail! And that hair colour is truely beautiful! :crush:

JustPam-beautiful hair! I also hope to get some thickness in time. It'll probably take lots of it, but i'll try to be patient. :)

Thanks ladies :)

Chromis your hair is awesome, it's like an optical illusion or something

Chromis
October 16th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Thanks all! People are always reallllly surprised if they see it down since it compacts so well and I pretty much always like to have it up in fun styles!

(We love the wall mural too and I really want to go visit the location in Banff National Park someday and see how it's changed since the 80's when the former owners put the mural up!)

Mimha
October 17th, 2014, 03:56 PM
(...)

Mimha, wooow, your hair seems to be extremely thick in that picture! And those waves... :thud:

So sweet of you, Fithrildi !... :flowers:
You know, you are the first "thud" that I've got on LHC^^ That's an achievement !!! :)

Jennwith4
October 17th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Joining in on this thread! Love seeing all the fellow ii 's!

morrigan*
October 18th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Yep, you're right. I didn't notice my typo!

As for drying time, mine still takes all day to dry. It's taken more than twenty four hours before, but that's only when it's up to dry.

It didn't eve occurred to me it could be a typo :rolleyes:. Mine needs a long time to dry completely too, usually at nape is still wet after the rest is already dry in 2 or 3 hours.

Mine too, i was just thinking about that and wanted to ask if anybody else's hair are same.

morrigan*
October 18th, 2014, 01:19 PM
double post

LauraLongLocks
October 18th, 2014, 07:43 PM
I'm not sure if I belong in ii or iii? Ha! I have a 4" circumference. My hair looks 2a after being bunned for a few days, 2b if I let it air dry and scrunch (no product) and 2c if I airdry, diffuse and add gel! I am also neither brown or blond haired more blonette or someone just described it as tawny. My pic is in my sig below :-)

With a 4" circumference you are exactly on the ii/iii border. You belong in both places. ;)

Aurum
October 18th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Jennwith4, I have loved your siggy hair ever since I first saw it, and I see you have a new one! You are my hair idol. :pray:

Naphthylamine
October 19th, 2014, 04:22 AM
Yay! I also belong here :)

I had a 3.15" circumference but it has thinned to 2.95" this autumn, which was the most dramatic shed of my life :( Other than that, I have a pretty average hair in other parameters as well (2a/2b, dark blonde/light golden brown). The ends tend to form ringlets, after getting close to "all in one length", but they are feeling rather "bleh" after the shedding. I don't know how long will it take for me to achieve the glorious mane I had this summer, but I won't chop, that's for certain!

lapushka
October 19th, 2014, 05:19 AM
With a 4" circumference you are exactly on the ii/iii border. You belong in both places. ;)

Come check us out in the ii/iii, iii, iii+ thread. :)

StellaKatherine
October 19th, 2014, 07:42 AM
lapushka is trying to steal our members ;) :D

Dessi
October 19th, 2014, 01:20 PM
I think this is where I belong! :D Medium thickness (3.50")
And your hair looks beautiful as always, StellaKatherine .

molljo
October 19th, 2014, 03:18 PM
I belong here! I'm at 3.5'', not including bangs. I've also gotten both the "your hair is so thick!" and "your hair is so thin!" from various people (depending on how thick or thin their hair is). It's so comforting to know that average is a thing! So many people in the non LHC world seem to think that it's an either/or situation, and you end up feeling like you don't fit in anywhere. Thanks so much for starting this thread, and thanks to everyone for sharing their gorgeous pictures!

LauraLongLocks
October 19th, 2014, 04:48 PM
I belong here! I'm at 3.5'', not including bangs. I've also gotten both the "your hair is so thick!" and "your hair is so thin!" from various people (depending on how thick or thin their hair is). It's so comforting to know that average is a thing! So many people in the non LHC world seem to think that it's an either/or situation, and you end up feeling like you don't fit in anywhere. Thanks so much for starting this thread, and thanks to everyone for sharing their gorgeous pictures!

I could have said exactly this (except my circumference is 3.0" rather than 3.5"). Welcome to the thread!

StellaKatherine
October 21st, 2014, 11:17 AM

I started this thead as I felt not fitting even here in LHC. So it is amazing to see some many gorgeous heads here in same place as we all can relate to each other! We all seem to be getting same respond from people around us!

Avis
October 21st, 2014, 07:33 PM
3.75" here. Hooray average-ness! :toast: Took this yesterday so I could see if I had a growth spurt from the inversion challenge.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k505/Avis1290/Length%20Shots/InversionChallengeDay1_zpsc45274ab.jpg (http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/Avis1290/media/Length%20Shots/InversionChallengeDay1_zpsc45274ab.jpg.html)

MsPharaohMoan
October 21st, 2014, 09:18 PM
3.75" here. Hooray average-ness! :toast: Took this yesterday so I could see if I had a growth spurt from the inversion challenge.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k505/Avis1290/Length%20Shots/InversionChallengeDay1_zpsc45274ab.jpg (http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/Avis1290/media/Length%20Shots/InversionChallengeDay1_zpsc45274ab.jpg.html)

What's your consensus?

Avis
October 21st, 2014, 09:41 PM
I'm only on day two, but I'll let you know what happens when I'm done. I should have clarified that I just started and this is the picture that will use for a comparison. I do like it so far, it helps me wake up in the morning.

hanne jensen
October 22nd, 2014, 06:38 AM
I belong here too. My measurement is right between ii and iii. When I compare my hair to the truly thick haired members, I see myself more as a solid ii.

dancingrain91
October 23rd, 2014, 09:05 AM
I belong here too. My measurement is right between ii and iii. When I compare my hair to the truly thick haired members, I see myself more as a solid ii.

Same here. My thickness ranges from 3.8 to 4 (probably due to fluffyness) but when I see solid iii hair vs ii hair I feel like a ii.

xsweetpotatox
October 23rd, 2014, 09:58 AM
I thought for the longest time I was i, but I measured and am very solidly ii (and not even on the low end of ii). I have fine hair that poofs up a ton, so it always shocks hairdressers when they wet it down and it's suddenly much much smaller. They've always exclaimed "oh, your hair is so thin!", so I just assumed I had thin hair. One of my best friends called my hair thick awhile back, so that prompted me to actually measure, and I was very happy to know that I have much more hair than I realized!

brickworld13
October 23rd, 2014, 10:10 AM
I finally did a new thickness measurement. 3.5" with most of the new growth included. It's so exciting! My ends will thicken up eventually!

Estrid
October 23rd, 2014, 05:42 PM
I think I will join in here instead of the iii thread since my hair is more on the ii side than iii :P I don't know if I should post my latest photo again, I don't have long hair yet so it's not really impressive in any way atm, lol. *Im just here to look at all pretty pictures ;) *

My thickness is 3.8 inches, it sounds so much closer to iii when you say it in cm (9.7 cm), but I'm still on the ii side. My bangs don't go in the ponytail yet but they probably won't make much of a difference.

ETA: maybe I should change from ii/iii to ii on my profile.

StellaKatherine
October 24th, 2014, 04:14 AM
Welcome Estrid :D Your hair is pretty. The lenght doesn't matter in the end . So just post it :D

Estrid
October 24th, 2014, 04:35 AM
Hah, I guess it doesn't matter, but I just can't wait for it to get longer. I want to know how my hair behaves at longer lengths and be able to determine my hairtype. Hopefully it won't take too long to reach apl (I think it will be easier after that).

My most recent photo:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2i82aa.jpg

StellaKatherine
October 24th, 2014, 04:37 AM
Your hair has such an unique shade! And those waves... yeah can't wait to see how your waves will look at longer lenght! :crush:

Estrid
October 24th, 2014, 05:05 AM
Thank you, StellaKatherine :) It gets that colour when I take photos by placing the camera on the windowsill, which is the best place I have atm for taking photos on my own. I guess I will have to buy a little mirror that I can carry around for future hair shots :bluebiggr

fišrildi
October 24th, 2014, 05:08 AM
Hah, I guess it doesn't matter, but I just can't wait for it to get longer. I want to know how my hair behaves at longer lengths and be able to determine my hairtype. Hopefully it won't take too long to reach apl (I think it will be easier after that).

My most recent photo:

Well, I think that your colour looks really pretty in this picture! I am not a fan of layers, but yours look beautiful with that soft texture :)

Estrid
October 24th, 2014, 05:30 AM
Well, I think that your colour looks really pretty in this picture! I am not a fan of layers, but yours look beautiful with that soft texture :)

Thank you :) The layers I have I cut with a kitchen scissor in may... huge mistake on my part, haha (was trying to even out some asymmetry, ended up even worse). I am happy that the waves kinda hide the fact that they are really choppy :couch:

lapushka
October 24th, 2014, 05:46 AM
My most recent photo:

You'll be there in no-time at all. It looks so soft and bouncy! :D

iYaap
October 24th, 2014, 06:21 AM
Wanted to check in with 8,5 cm/3,3 inch. This picture shows more my real color than my avatar which was taken with my webcam and has overexposure.
I'm pretty happy with my hair already but WL is still a long way.

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s428/Yaapy/DSCN0743.jpg

Estrid
October 24th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Haha, I hope it won't take too long ^_^ If my calculations are correct I should reach apl by april, will see if I do.

iYaap: I looove your haircolour! Very similar to the haircolour I always wished for when I was younger (now I have learnt to live with what I got) :)

Stray_mind
October 27th, 2014, 01:45 PM

My most recent photo:

I love your hair! So healthy and thick.. The colour is very pretty.

LauraLongLocks
October 27th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Now that a lot of us have found the thread, I'm interested to know about the sizes of hair toys at different lengths of hair.

I'm at hip now and was just asked on a different thread what size Ficcare Maximus I use. I use all three. A small Ficcare for a half-up, a medium or large for most full-up buns, and a large for a log roll. Some styles where I can use a medium or large, the large feels a bit heavy on me, so I usually reach for my mediums.

As for flexi-8s, I mostly use XLs, but I have one Mega for my chinese braided bun. For twin buns I use mediums.

I have one 4-prong Jeterfork with 5" tines, 5.75" total length. It looks nice in a figure 8 bun, but when used horizontally it can dwarf my bun.

Eaduard sticks - I have 5" and 6" sticks. The 5" is sometimes a bit small. I can't use it in a Jamie Leigh at all because it gets engulfed and lost. I'm probably moving into a 5.5" or 6" soon.

mamaherrera
October 27th, 2014, 05:05 PM
good to share that Laura, because I bought a medium and small flexi and now wish I would've heard from others' experiences better about type of hair/density and length to help me decide on size

Robot Ninja
October 27th, 2014, 05:59 PM
I only have Ead sticks. 6" sticks are perfect for most of my buns, but for a Chinese bun they are a bit too short. I'm at classic with a ton of taper; my hair circumference at waist is 2" and it only goes down from there.

Chromis
October 27th, 2014, 07:15 PM
I use a large Ficcare. I grew out of the medium I had around waist length. I grew out of a bunch more toys around classic, mostly the five inch sticks and some of the smaller forks too. At knee I mostly go for around six-inchers.

alishaxmarie
October 27th, 2014, 08:28 PM
I thought for the longest time I was i, but I measured and am very solidly ii (and not even on the low end of ii). I have fine hair that poofs up a ton, so it always shocks hairdressers when they wet it down and it's suddenly much much smaller. They've always exclaimed "oh, your hair is so thin!", so I just assumed I had thin hair. One of my best friends called my hair thick awhile back, so that prompted me to actually measure, and I was very happy to know that I have much more hair than I realized!

I feel like this was the case with me as well. I think I just underestimated my hair density since it compacts so much when oily (sebum or plant-based) and I never really see it down anymore except on wash days. Vitamins have probably thickened up my hair a bit too because after taking biotin for a few months, my friend noticed that my new growth looked thicker as she used my head to learn to French braid (this was pre-LHC so I was only taking biotin and didn't do anything else differently except not wash my hair every single day). Clearly I have never tried to measure my circumference, but do you guys brush/comb your hair and then measure or just pull your hair into a ponytail (w/o the hair tie/elastic) after washing your hair as per the hair typing "rules"? Eventually I'll get around to calculating more than a guesstimation so I want to be sure I do it right. Anyways, everyone's hair is beautiful and I would probably describe all the braids I've seen as thick (as opposed to "average") if I saw them irl :flowers:

This is the only picture of a braid I have from behind for some reason lol it's from last week and the second one (which is clickable) is from Spring of this year:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/awesomexalisha/My%20Marvelous%20Mane/Dutchbraidmessy_zps80dce696.jpeg http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/awesomexalisha/Thumbnails/DDBthumb_zps8e492875.jpg (http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/awesomexalisha/My%20Marvelous%20Mane/Doubledutch2_zps0e83abf2.jpg)

Robot Ninja
October 27th, 2014, 09:41 PM
I measured dirtyish hair, not clean. My clean hair is poufy, my dirtier hair compacts more so I'm measuring my actual hair, not air.

Your braid definitely looks like a ii to me.

fišrildi
October 28th, 2014, 03:39 AM
I measure when my hair is not frizzy, and I try to compact it as much as I can into a ponytail (I don't brush before measuring). The first time I tried to measure, my hair was incredibly frizzy and curly, so I got a very thick number :p

That's an amazing dutch braid, by the way! :flower:

Federica
October 28th, 2014, 04:32 AM
Last hair pic taken today, I'm not constant at all in doing it, and I think it's better because everytime I look at the new picture I expect my hair to be much longer and feel sad because I'm not satisfied with both my length AND my hem.

http://i.imgur.com/bvC7dtcl.jpg

StellaKatherine
October 28th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Now that a lot of us have found the thread, I'm interested to know about the sizes of hair toys at different lengths of hair.

I'm at hip now and was just asked on a different thread what size Ficcare Maximus I use. I use all three. A small Ficcare for a half-up, a medium or large for most full-up buns, and a large for a log roll. Some styles where I can use a medium or large, the large feels a bit heavy on me, so I usually reach for my mediums.

As for flexi-8s, I mostly use XLs, but I have one Mega for my chinese braided bun. For twin buns I use mediums.

I have one 4-prong Jeterfork with 5" tines, 5.75" total length. It looks nice in a figure 8 bun, but when used horizontally it can dwarf my bun.

Eaduard sticks - I have 5" and 6" sticks. The 5" is sometimes a bit small. I can't use it in a Jamie Leigh at all because it gets engulfed and lost. I'm probably moving into a 5.5" or 6" soon.

I somewhere in between a tailbone and classic length. I can comfortably wear Jeterfork with 4" working length. But I do wear it as a center hold for cinnamon, Celtic knot and such. For figure 8 bun it would be too small though.

As a hair sticks I wear 6" Eaduards. They are good length for most of my buns, but for a lazy wrap one I really should get a 6,5" or 7" in the future as with 6" one it feels like my hair will fall of the edge of the stick any moment :laugh:

I have two ficcares and both are in large, haven't tried medium one so can't say if it would be better. But at least large keeps my cinnamon bun in place nicely. Do not have any flexi 8s, but was told I should get XL.. one day I will :D

StellaKatherine
October 28th, 2014, 06:43 AM
I feel little depressed right now. I made yesterday a halfup braid and if left me with so few of the hair down, so much see though that I almost felt like crying. I really do not feel like wearing my hair down at all right now.. I just want to hide it and forget about it :D

brickworld13
October 28th, 2014, 06:50 AM
I like the biggest claw clips I can find, sticks and forks with 5" usable length, U pins, and those cloth hair ties that you typically see in obnoxious bright colors that are clearly marketed at children.

ETA: I have extreme taper right now because of many reasons so my last 12" or so is solidly in the i range.

Wosie
October 28th, 2014, 07:07 AM
I use 6" hair sticks usually (if I'm wearing a Lady Idun, it's around 6½"), and 4.5" (worth of tine) Jeterforks. :) When it comes to flexi-8s, I'm rather dumbfounded... I own both mediums and larges, and they all seem to small for buns for me. :/ If I make a disc bun and try to insert a large, it gets really tight and I have to fight to close it. So I guess I'll have to buy flexis in XL the next time I buy 'em!

fišrildi
October 28th, 2014, 09:03 AM
My sticks and forks are no shorter than 6 inches (6 inches toys look quite small in my updos!). For flexis, I have a mini one for tiny half ups, plus two smalls and a medium one for half ups as well. I also own a large one, but it is too small for buns :p

My ponytail circumference is somewhere between 3,5 and 3,75 (I'm currently growing out a lot of new hairs).

Stray_mind
October 28th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Since my hair is short, i can do with 4 inch stick or fork easily.. I guess they'll get bigger when my hair grows.

Laurenji
October 29th, 2014, 10:00 AM
My hair is waist right now. As far as sizes of things, I use a medium ficcare (but only in center-held buns - it doesn't fit across a whole cinnabun), a jeter with 4.5" prongs. I tried some 5.5" Eads and they were definitely too short for a cinnabun. Maybe they would have worked for a center held bun, but I think I'd prefer 6" ones. I have a large Flexi, which is right at this really weird point where it's way too small to fit over a cinnabun, but is a little large/loose when I try to use it for center held buns. It works best for a braided lazy wrap bun. I also have a 4" pronged jeter which is too small for just about everything.

Puffer Fish
October 29th, 2014, 10:16 AM
I think I belong here? My ponytail is 4" so I'm at the top edge of ii.

As for the hair toys, I'm going to get a medium flexi soon, and I have a pair of sticks that I can't use yet due to hair length. I'm not sure how long they are and can't find my tape measure. :p

velorutionista
October 29th, 2014, 11:42 AM
My hair compacts a ridiculous amount, so at waist length, I'm using 5"-6" hairsticks (6" feels too long, but doesn't catch on anything so I suppose its OK!); my preferred forks are about 4" FPL, and I have ficcare knock-off clip that's about 4.5" long that's probably too big--it easily holds my entire cinnabun. Hopefully I'll eventually grow into the bigger toys!

Johannah
October 29th, 2014, 01:52 PM
I feel little depressed right now. I made yesterday a halfup braid and if left me with so few of the hair down, so much see though that I almost felt like crying. I really do not feel like wearing my hair down at all right now.. I just want to hide it and forget about it :D

I know exactly how you feel. I got the same thing...

alishaxmarie
October 29th, 2014, 02:09 PM
My hair compacts a ridiculous amount, so at waist length, I'm using 5"-6" hairsticks (6" feels too long, but doesn't catch on anything so I suppose its OK!); my preferred forks are about 4" FPL, and I have ficcare knock-off clip that's about 4.5" long that's probably too big--it easily holds my entire cinnabun. Hopefully I'll eventually grow into the bigger toys!

Tell me more about these faux ficcares :) I've been dying to find one since I really don't understand why anyone would pay $40-ish for the real thing, they don't look like anything special or high-quality to me :shrug: but I don't understand why people buy designer clothes or shave their arms either lol. I don't know another name for ficcares in order to google search for knock-off brands myself..

mamaherrera
October 29th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Me too, especially since my hair is in clumps, I really see the see through, and I have it in a half-up do right now. It's our hair type, right?

two_wheels
October 29th, 2014, 02:41 PM

Hey guys, I cheat a bit for half ups, I take quite a lot from the sides and then not so much from the middle. Like an upside down V shape? It makes hair less wide but thicker-looking.

I prefer clipping the front layers up on both sides & letting my waves fake the volume, though :)

velorutionista
October 29th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Tell me more about these faux ficcares :) I've been dying to find one since I really don't understand why anyone would pay $40-ish for the real thing, they don't look like anything special or high-quality to me :shrug: but I don't understand why people buy designer clothes or shave their arms either lol. I don't know another name for ficcares in order to google search for knock-off brands myself..

alishaxmarie, I know, right?! (some of the real ones are very pretty colors, but they're also very 'spensive!) I got my clip in a swap, so I'm not 100% sure where it's originally from, but here's a very similar one on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007OT1TAK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I've also seen ficcare knock-offs at Target (not consistently, though), Ulta, and Walgreens--can't speak to how well they all hold hair, but the one I have I'm pretty sure is the same as the amazon link, and it holds my hair up really well.

lapushka
October 29th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Hey guys, I cheat a bit for half ups, I take quite a lot from the sides and then not so much from the middle. Like an upside down V shape? It makes hair less wide but thicker-looking.

I prefer clipping the front layers up on both sides & letting my waves fake the volume, though :)

That's how my half-ups are as well. Only scoop hair from the side, and tie it at the back.

StellaKatherine
October 29th, 2014, 03:41 PM

hmmm I shall try that , thank you for the suggestion!

mamaherrera
October 29th, 2014, 04:27 PM
I get what you're saying, but how do you mean that it makes it look less wide??

two_wheels
October 29th, 2014, 04:36 PM
I get what you're saying, but how do you mean that it makes it look less wide??
It takes the hair from the sides and puts that on top. Instead of taking the hair from the top half of your head. So you lose a bit of width from the side bits of your hair that would have been down. But it's not a very big difference. And if anything, it makes it look longer because the ratio of length to width is larger :whistle:

Crystawni
October 29th, 2014, 09:15 PM
I prefer doing the same as TW for half-ups. It also shows off my white streaks. :p I was trying out my new MapleBurl barrettes in half-ups yesterday and took too much hair. All I was left with was a flimsy amount of white stuff--very see-through, too! So, I found that as the length of the French clip needs more hair, I still took the side stuff but slid the clip under the bulk of the middle stuff, too, to pin it without it dragging hair away from the underneath layer.

As for hairtoys, I wear just about all the sizes as the longer stuff suits the size of my head more (up to 8" in sticks), but I can easily use small stuff in centre-held buns and half-ups (4" and up). Preferred length is 4.5" fpl in forks (largest I've got is a GTS with 6" fpl) and 7+" in sticks (I have a lot of 6" though) with my hair at 28"/MBL. With Flexis, I use all but the medium and mega. The small is ideal for my ponytail, and XL is just covering my cinnabun. I've never used a Ficcare, but would guess I'd use large.

LadyCelestina
October 30th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Hey kids,how do you S&D your hair ? Do you even do it? I am starting to see baby split ends in some portions of my hair ,but in general it seems that looking through the whole mane would be such a hassle.
I'm not sure if I'm even looking for advice as I think there's no shortcut to split removal other than trimming a huge chunk of hair,but I decided I might as well try asking for some advice :flower:

fišrildi
October 30th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Hey kids,how do you S&D your hair ? Do you even do it? I am starting to see baby split ends in some portions of my hair ,but in general it seems that looking through the whole mane would be such a hassle.
I'm not sure if I'm even looking for advice as I think there's no shortcut to split removal other than trimming a huge chunk of hair,but I decided I might as well try asking for some advice :flower:

I do S&D... a lot :p
Normally I do it once a week, but I keep my sharp scissors near, to destroy a split end if I ever see one :pins:

I try not to over-obsess about it though, I have a lot of damage in my ends, but I don't want to end with a huge tapering, or weird hemline.
S&D only works along with ocassional trimming, for me.

StellaKatherine
October 30th, 2014, 02:34 PM
I am lazy in S&D. To be honest I mostly neglect my hair with trying not to see it and keeping out of the way :)

Wosie
October 30th, 2014, 02:41 PM
StellaKatherine, Your hair is an inspiration; I surely hope you'll feel happier with it soon again. :blossom:

---

I S&D regularly, about... every two weeks? As for how I do it, I take small sections and work my way (usually from left side to right side), use a white screen on my laptop to see properly and snip all the damage off. It sure takes a while, but I kinda like doing it, it's calming... Also nice to put on some natural sounds in the background while doing it, like beach waves or autumn rain (I do that often, S&D:ing or not). :D

fišrildi
October 30th, 2014, 02:51 PM
I take small sections and work my way (usually from left side to right side), use a white screen on my laptop to see properly and snip all the damage off. It sure takes a while, but I kinda like doing it, it's calming... Also nice to put on some natural sounds in the background while doing it, like beach waves or autumn rain (I do that often, S&D:ing or not). :D

Oh yes, I also work from left to right in small sections, and I put some nice music in the background as well (Loreena McKennitt is wonderful!) ;)

GetMeToWaist
October 30th, 2014, 02:54 PM

I know what you mean, i felt like that when i tried the halfup braid and i'm an iii. Its probably a generic thing. Just to say, I adore your hair and your length is my inspiration, as i too am a 2b! You have some of the prettiest waves on here.

StellaKatherine
October 30th, 2014, 03:01 PM
StellaKatherine, Your hair is an inspiration; I surely hope you'll feel happier with it soon again. :blossom:

Awww, you are too sweet to say so ! I do hope I will feel better about my hair again at some point... It might just be a fall depression of some kind with longer and LONGER nights with everyday. Then again I noticed I started to get ringlets framing my face and not only the neck and they stand up and I honestly not sure what to think of them. Kinda cute, but WTF is going on with my hair ... And I am starting to be so close to classic and my goal and for me that is more than just a length and I have no idea if in the end I can handle all the emotions that I will have when I finally there... Better just to forget for now :D

Ani Ta
October 30th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Ah, I discovered a new thread where I belong.

My hair is 3.1", there is everything from thin to coarse hair, from blonde to black (sometimes even mixed ones) and the structure is somewhere around 2a. My color is an average brown which is sunbleached in the lengths :)

LadyCelestina
October 31st, 2014, 02:03 AM
Thanks for sharing!
The problem for me is that I can't see them in front of my computer.I need certain natural lights to really get them to show.Another thing,do you S&D on washed or non washed hair?

I'm sorry for asking so many basic questions xD but I only recently got into S&Ding actively because I don't want to trim and don't want the 'splits last 5 inches' look.

(Don't be confused if I use cm in one post and inches in another please :D)

Robot Ninja
October 31st, 2014, 08:04 AM
Awww, you are too sweet to say so ! I do hope I will feel better about my hair again at some point... It might just be a fall depression of some kind with longer and LONGER nights with everyday. Then again I noticed I started to get ringlets framing my face and not only the neck and they stand up and I honestly not sure what to think of them. Kinda cute, but WTF is going on with my hair ... And I am starting to be so close to classic and my goal and for me that is more than just a length and I have no idea if in the end I can handle all the emotions that I will have when I finally there... Better just to forget for now :D

Oh boy can I sympathize with the short face-framing hairs problem. What is going on, why are they so short, what am I doing wrong???:?

Your hair looks lovely though. Hopefully you'll feel better soon.

Laurenji
November 3rd, 2014, 10:00 AM
I usually S&D on washed hair, as it tends to spring all the little split ends out. Also, even though my hair is brown, I find that it's much easier to S&D over a dark surface, something black or very dark. For some reason the ends stand out better against a dark background.

MsPharaohMoan
November 3rd, 2014, 12:26 PM
I'm curious if anyone uses flexi's on their braid tassel - if so, what size?

morrigan*
November 3rd, 2014, 01:34 PM
I'm curious if anyone uses flexi's on their braid tassel - if so, what size?

I want to know that to, for me i guess i could use mini, i have some xs sized ones, but they are a bit too big for my taste.

two_wheels
November 3rd, 2014, 02:45 PM
Mini works well for me :) I have layers

Crystawni
November 3rd, 2014, 04:20 PM
My ends are layered, so a mini for nearer end, and XS for a longer tassel (less likely to slip up there, too).

Ocelan
November 6th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Hey, I'm average! That reminds me, I haven't measured my hair thickness in a while. I think I was 8 cm or a bit more the last time I did it, but since then I've had some sheds and also grown old dye past my collarbone so my current thickness can be about anything now. The only thing I'm still sure of is that I'm in the ii category. It's nice to be something. :)

Nightshade
November 6th, 2014, 07:59 AM
3.25 inches here now that my shed has grown out. I have layers around my face which thins out the length, but my hemline is looking much better now :)

2012- still growing out my BCP to IUD shed:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-JRQJc50W53Y/T_s-AUJzt_I/AAAAAAAAC3U/JJyzb91z5CM/s512/7-2012.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-5UQyAO-5Blw/T_s-Ag1OSuI/AAAAAAAAC3c/4d78NRop6OU/s512/Hair-Hand-1.jpg

2014: Shed all grown out:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-uX7VZgFWwaw/VEfCSQacMXI/AAAAAAAAKOs/SFAzJauj1PU/s512/10-21-2014-2.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-8GcFeolIdwQ/VEfCSROFAgI/AAAAAAAAKOw/9XTMZit-PH0/s512/10-21-2014-3.jpg

And when the ends aren't curly from being in a twist:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lLW3UmULYEI/VFeXm7Z4OyI/AAAAAAAAKTk/YlH62OMJ4MY/s512/Tauriel-2.jpg

Begemot
November 6th, 2014, 09:09 AM
I'm very average in a way :D My hair is...
ii (medium thickness)
around BSL (probably the most common length on women, being considered long but not really long)
straight (pretty much everyone here wears their hair straight)
light brown/dark blonde (common natural hair color where I live, although not many keep their hair un-dyed)

Happy to belong somewhere!

StellaKatherine
November 6th, 2014, 10:10 AM
3.25 inches here now that my shed has grown out. I have layers around my face which thins out the length, but my hemline is looking much better now :)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-JRQJc50W53Y/T_s-AUJzt_I/AAAAAAAAC3U/JJyzb91z5CM/s512/7-2012.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-5UQyAO-5Blw/T_s-Ag1OSuI/AAAAAAAAC3c/4d78NRop6OU/s512/Hair-Hand-1.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-uX7VZgFWwaw/VEfCSQacMXI/AAAAAAAAKOs/SFAzJauj1PU/s512/10-21-2014-2.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-8GcFeolIdwQ/VEfCSROFAgI/AAAAAAAAKOw/9XTMZit-PH0/s512/10-21-2014-3.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lLW3UmULYEI/VFeXm7Z4OyI/AAAAAAAAKTk/YlH62OMJ4MY/s512/Tauriel-2.jpg

Ohhh, your hair is gorgeous! Love the wavy ends ! And your hair colour makes me want to henna :crush:

Stray_mind
November 6th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Nightshade- your hair is beautiful. Love the half up in the last one!

Nightshade
November 6th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Ohhh, your hair is gorgeous! Love the wavy ends ! And your hair colour makes me want to henna :crush:

Nightshade- your hair is beautiful. Love the half up in the last one!

Thank you ladies so much! Took ten years here, but it's finally where I want it to be :lol: The last pictures is from Halloween, I went as Tauriel :)

Johannah
November 6th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Love your hair, nightshade!!

morrigan*
November 6th, 2014, 12:49 PM

Wow your hair is beautiful!

Wosie
November 6th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Your hair is very beautiful, Nightshade! You have the length I'm hoping for, too. :cloud9:

lapushka
November 6th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Gorgeous, Nightshade. Lovely how the thickness caught up - see, it can be done! :)

Theobroma
November 6th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Nightshade, your hair is gorgeous. You're my inspiration for my own shed regrowth marathon... though I think mine's going to take a lot longer than two years!

Robot Ninja
November 6th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Nightshade, I really like those curly ends. And I love your shirt in the first two photos.

LauraLongLocks
November 7th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Beautiful, Nightshade.

JustPam
November 11th, 2014, 06:31 AM
Been feeling like my hair's really rubbish, I was at my mums at the weekend because my big sister was having a party for her son's birthday there. Every time she (big sister, not mum) see's me she makes a comment on something about my hair, last time she told me the colour looked patchy because there's too many different tones showing through the old dyed part.

This time she was telling me it looks really thin and limp and I should tease it underneath and use "volumising" products, or get extensions to fill it out (the horror!) I said that it was just thin because it took such a hit with my bleaching years and it takes a lot of time to thicken back up (not that it was ever "thick" anyway) and that teasing and extensions will just cause more breakage and pull hair out at the root. She just went "Hmm, but still you should do something...", ugh, just leave it alone! She goes to the hairdressers every 6 weeks and thinks it's the best thing ever, I have a feeling she's going to get me a salon gift voucher for Christmas again, which will not get used, not by me anyway.

Sorry for rambling and being a downer, it's hard to appreciate your hair for what it is when people keep putting it down.

Nightshade
November 11th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Love your hair, nightshade!!

Wow your hair is beautiful!

Your hair is very beautiful, Nightshade! You have the length I'm hoping for, too. :cloud9:

Thank you ladies so much :)

Gorgeous, Nightshade. Lovely how the thickness caught up - see, it can be done! :)

Nightshade, your hair is gorgeous. You're my inspiration for my own shed regrowth marathon... though I think mine's going to take a lot longer than two years!

Mine took longer than two years, too. It was just two years left from the point of the photo. All told growing out the shed was about 4-5 years.

Nightshade, I really like those curly ends. And I love your shirt in the first two photos.
That shirt is one of my favorites! You can get it here (https://www.etsy.com/listing/73226750).

Beautiful, Nightshade.
Thank you so much :flowers:

Been feeling like my hair's really rubbish, I was at my mums at the weekend because my big sister was having a party for her son's birthday there. Every time she (big sister, not mum) see's me she makes a comment on something about my hair, last time she told me the colour looked patchy because there's too many different tones showing through the old dyed part.

This time she was telling me it looks really thin and limp and I should tease it underneath and use "volumising" products, or get extensions to fill it out (the horror!) I said that it was just thin because it took such a hit with my bleaching years and it takes a lot of time to thicken back up (not that it was ever "thick" anyway) and that teasing and extensions will just cause more breakage and pull hair out at the root. She just went "Hmm, but still you should do something...", ugh, just leave it alone! She goes to the hairdressers every 6 weeks and thinks it's the best thing ever, I have a feeling she's going to get me a salon gift voucher for Christmas again, which will not get used, not by me anyway.

Sorry for rambling and being a downer, it's hard to appreciate your hair for what it is when people keep putting it down.

That's so frustrating :( When I went out to dinner with DH and DB17, DB17 picked up one of the ends of my hair and was like, "Wow your hair is thin on the ends. It really stung, even if it was true.

Hang in there, it gets better :grouphug: I grew out tons of horrible dye damage and then a crazy shed just after my hair had recovered. You can do it!

alishaxmarie
November 11th, 2014, 10:05 AM
How many times do you guys wrap a hair tie around your ponytails? I ask because Science-y posted on the Wavy Hair Community Facebook page asking if "Any thin-haired, you-can-easily-wrap-a-ponytail-holder-around-3-or-4-times folks find themselves in the same boat?" (that boat being the never-ending cycle of hacking and growing). Well, I've always wrapped hair ties around my ponytails 3 times and everyone on the thin-haired board said I definitely don't have thin hair so I wanted to compare with the rest of you "average" folks.

fišrildi
November 11th, 2014, 10:11 AM
How many times do you guys wrap a hair tie around your ponytails? I ask because Science-y posted on the Wavy Hair Community Facebook page asking if "Any thin-haired, you-can-easily-wrap-a-ponytail-holder-around-3-or-4-times folks find themselves in the same boat?" (that boat being the never-ending cycle of hacking and growing). Well, I've always wrapped hair ties around my ponytails 3 times and everyone on the thin-haired board said I definitely don't have thin hair so I wanted to compare with the rest of you "average" folks.

I wrap my ponytail holder twice, with a standard hair tie. I can't wrap it 3 times, without a lot of difficulty and pain.

Estrid
November 11th, 2014, 10:12 AM
I wrap it 3 times around my ponytail unless it's a very tight hair tie (which most are not, imo).

Theobroma
November 11th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Mine took longer than two years, too. It was just two years left from the point of the photo. All told growing out the shed was about 4-5 years.

Ugh, I imagine that's about the time frame I'm looking at too. Not sure whether to be glad I'm not alone or commiserate on how horribly long it takes for long hair to recover from just about anything! In my case, I had a huge shed in 2008 and was just starting to recover from that one when the CO washing disaster hit. At the moment my thickness dwindles to about the diameter of a pencil well above waist. I'm actually surprised it doesn't look worse when it's down (yay wurly texture), but I haven't braided in something like three years because the result is just too sad-looking!

mamaherrera
November 11th, 2014, 12:03 PM
I wrap my hair tie (the elastic, no damaging ones) three times, and if they're stretched out, I can manage a fourth time, but with difficulty. My daughter, who is a iii. can wrap hers around three times too, so what's the deal??? I wish, I so wish I could remember how many times I would do it as a teenager, to know if I have the same amount of hair, but I don't remember.

StellaKatherine
November 11th, 2014, 02:33 PM
I wrap normal elastic hair tie 3 times as well. Two times is just too loose for my taste :)

Robot Ninja
November 11th, 2014, 02:44 PM
I wrap mine three times. It's a wee bit too loose but I can't wrap them a fourth time.

fišrildi
November 11th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Ugh. I guess my elastics are too tight then, or too new :confused:
I definitely can wrap it 3 times, but not easily at all. The only time I wrapped 3 times was when I was measuring the ponytail thickness, and taking the elastic off afterwards was damaging and difficult.

two_wheels
November 11th, 2014, 03:02 PM
They definitely stretch over time. My hair likes to break them. But it also likes to break wood, so I guess they never had a chance :rolleyes: *bad hair!*
I wrap them 3 times once they're broken in.

lapushka
November 11th, 2014, 03:03 PM
I'm on the low side of iii, I guess. My elastics go round twice, a third time just isn't possible.

maskedrose
November 11th, 2014, 03:06 PM
I also wrap mine around 3 times, but it is tight. I can wear it in a low pony, but it's uncomfortable in a higher one. Also, I'm wearing a side english braid today, and it is secured 2" from the ends with an elastic that is also wrapped 3 times and holds very well. My chop earlier this year has left me with very little taper, yay!

two_wheels
November 11th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Your hair is gorgeous, maskedrose!
I was talking braid ends with the three-times one. Am banned from ponytails. The breakage-mullet from the last grow-out was.... suboptimal.

Entangled
November 11th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Well, I avoid ponytails like blow drying because they hurt, so I'm not sure.

mamaherrera
November 11th, 2014, 03:42 PM
This is me EXACTLY. I"m (in a perfect world) a 3.5 time wrap around--I can do a fourth, but it's a *you know what* to take off and three is a bit too loose. My thing now is with this ficcare--first I had a medium, then I got a large, so it doesn't catch hairs in the spring, but still in my buns, it' doesn't come all the way out the other end, does that mean I need a bigger one still??? I know I don't have that much hair, but am I doing it wrong?? My hair is "bulky" cuz it's thick strands, but it compresses to almost nothing, and weighs even less!!

I wrap mine three times. It's a wee bit too loose but I can't wrap them a fourth time.

two_wheels
November 11th, 2014, 03:50 PM
This is me EXACTLY. I"m (in a perfect world) a 3.5 time wrap around--I can do a fourth, but it's a *you know what* to take off and three is a bit too loose. My thing now is with this ficcare--first I had a medium, then I got a large, so it doesn't catch hairs in the spring, but still in my buns, it' doesn't come all the way out the other end, does that mean I need a bigger one still??? I know I don't have that much hair, but am I doing it wrong?? My hair is "bulky" cuz it's thick strands, but it compresses to almost nothing, and weighs even less!!

I vote that if the ficcare holds your hair up comfortably, i.e. no pulling or catching, it is the right size :)

mamaherrera
November 11th, 2014, 04:11 PM
My only thing is that it feels like it almost doesn't cover the last inch or so of my bun. . . .how annoying, I wish I could see some pictures of people with their buns to see how to put it in and how it should look.

StephanieP3
November 11th, 2014, 06:02 PM
I think I belong here!
My hair seems very thicker when down because of the waves and curls, but when brushed and braided it looks exactly as thick as your braid, StellaKatherine!
I'm happy with my average thickness, because it seems big when down but its weight is still comfortable even with longer lenghts.

Exactly this. When it's down or in a ponytail it looks thick but in a braid or bun it tells the real story.

KittyBird
November 12th, 2014, 12:48 AM
My only thing is that it feels like it almost doesn't cover the last inch or so of my bun. . . .how annoying, I wish I could see some pictures of people with their buns to see how to put it in and how it should look.

There's a Ficcare thread in the conventional products forum, lots of pictures there. What you describe sounds pretty normal to me though. My Ficcares only cover a bit of my buns, but they still hold well. :)

maskedrose
November 12th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Your hair is gorgeous, maskedrose!
I was talking braid ends with the three-times one. Am banned from ponytails. The breakage-mullet from the last grow-out was.... suboptimal.

Thanks! :flower: I rarely wear even low ponytails, and I avoid any styles that need to be secured with an elastic at the crown...it just pulls and hurts my scalp too much.

mamaherrera
November 12th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Me too. ANd now that it curls instead of when I used to brush it daily, I lost a lot of my "volume" there, so it takes some getting used to, having clumps versus having "almost straight hair, no clumps"

Exactly this. When it's down or in a ponytail it looks thick but in a braid or bun it tells the real story.

mamaherrera
November 12th, 2014, 04:10 PM
I tried looking, if you have a "specific" ficcare thread that has lots of pictures that would be so helpful for me.

There's a Ficcare thread in the conventional products forum, lots of pictures there. What you describe sounds pretty normal to me though. My Ficcares only cover a bit of my buns, but they still hold well. :)

Stellaaa
November 12th, 2014, 04:52 PM
I tried looking, if you have a "specific" ficcare thread that has lots of pictures that would be so helpful for me.

If the regular ficcare thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=3005)is too much talk, you could try the Ficcare Challenge (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=122345)thread.

Entangled
November 12th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Here's my braid. There's a girl I know who called it thin, at least in comparison to hers, which put a damper on my mood. I guess that makes me slightly hypocritical, since I talk a lot about the beauty of thin hair and the unfounded stigma against it. It was still disappointing, though. Even though I like thin hair on so many others, I just don't like me having it. I always thought my hair was super thin. Her hair isn't even I particularly thick; my sister's is thicker. I suppose it's how slippery her hair is that makes it difficult to manage(she laments that frequently). She's frustrated with length, and I don't think her comment was mean spirited. She likes braiding and wants long hair; she'd do well on LHC. So, what do you think about thickness? I belong here, right?
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=12083&attachmentid=14230

Ingrid
November 12th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Here's my braid. There's a girl I know who called it thin, at least in comparison to hers, which put a damper on my mood. I guess that makes me slightly hypocritical, since I talk a lot about the beauty of thin hair and the unfounded stigma against it. It was still disappointing, though. Even though I like thin hair on so many others, i just don't like me having it. I always thought my hair was super thin. Her hair isn't even I particularly thick; my sister's is thicker. I suppose it's how slippery her hair is that makes it difficult to manage(she laments that frequently). She's frustrated with length, and I don't think her comment was mean spirited. She likes braiding and wants long hair; she'd do well on LHC. So, what do you think about thickness? I belong here, right?
I don't think it looks thin. It looks average thickness :)

JustPam
November 13th, 2014, 03:56 AM
Here's my braid. There's a girl I know who called it thin, at least in comparison to hers, which put a damper on my mood. I guess that makes me slightly hypocritical, since I talk a lot about the beauty of thin hair and the unfounded stigma against it. It was still disappointing, though. Even though I like thin hair on so many others, i just don't like me having it. I always thought my hair was super thin. Her hair isn't even I particularly thick; my sister's is thicker. I suppose it's how slippery her hair is that makes it difficult to manage(she laments that frequently). She's frustrated with length, and I don't think her comment was mean spirited. She likes braiding and wants long hair; she'd do well on LHC. So, what do you think about thickness? I belong here, right?

It looks pretty substantial to me! I think this thickness bracket has a massive amount of variation in it, and if I fall in here with my scrawny braid then you are miles in!

fišrildi
November 13th, 2014, 06:16 AM

That's not thin at all, it looks quite average to me. Have you measured your pony circumference?
You belong here for sure, feel welcome :flower:

StephanieP3
November 13th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Definitely average Entangled!

BonnieU
November 13th, 2014, 06:52 AM
I've never posted on this thread before, but I'm at the high end of ii so I guess I belong! Last I measured I was 3.5" circumference....I used to think I had thick hair until I joined lhc!

Lovely hair, Entangled!

Theobroma
November 13th, 2014, 07:09 AM
I've never posted on this thread before, but I'm at the high end of ii so I guess I belong! Last I measured I was 3.5" circumference....I used to think I had thick hair until I joined lhc!

Lovely hair, Entangled!

Same here. And I think that it's still true for anywhere outside the longhair boards, which do seem to attract a disproportionate number of very thick-haired folks. (Growing up, I was always the kid with the "super-thick" hair. But my circ was never more than 8cm, or perhaps a titch over; I have hard evidence for this because I kept the braid I chopped at age twelve or so. Nowhere near "super-thick" by LHC standards, but I definitely did have thicker braids than any other longhair kid at my school.)

Entangled, your braid is lovely. I'm jealous of your lack of taper! :)

StellaKatherine
November 13th, 2014, 07:49 AM
thi
I would take your braid any day..... :crush: Yours definitely much thicker than mine is and you have no tapper!!!!!

Entangled
November 13th, 2014, 09:01 AM
:blushing: Thank you for the lovely compliments. That was a nice confidence boost, since I've been in a kind of hair slump recently, frustrated with my hair's condition, color, and ends.
As for hair thickness, there seems to be a phenomenon like the opposite of eyeballs. (Hear me out:p) The average number of eyeballs in the world is less than two, and most people have above average eye numbers. Why? Because you can't really have three or four eyes. There might be some with more, but not enough to compensate for the eyes lost, sending the number to less than one. I think hair is like that. For women (I'm assuming there are much fewer bald females than male, so I'm excluding the menfolk from this), there are fewer people bald than on the thick end of the spectrum. Since you can't get balder than bald, the number only goes up, so it seems that thick people outnumber everyone else, if that analogy makes any sense. They are the 'fewer-eyed-people' that drive the expectation up. Total baldness is like four eyes. With eyes, the number goes down, but with hair, it's just reversed. Was that too wacky and morbid, or did it make sense?

two_wheels
November 13th, 2014, 11:22 PM
It's called probability skew if you are interested to read more about this phenomenon, entangled :)

StellaKatherine
November 14th, 2014, 03:09 AM
Entagled, Here in Finland I see surprisingly a lot of female with very few hair. Like you can see clearly their scalps. I would say in average there are more women with less hair than I have than more hair than I have. Still I feel like cutting my braid off when I see super thick and stunning hair :D