PDA

View Full Version : Syoss silicone free S&C, worth a try?

Hotrox
October 10th, 2014, 11:47 PM
Hi, where I live there is not a lot of options for buying silicone free hair products. And as I'm unable to read the ingredients list it makes it all the more complicated!

I noticed the Syoss range has a silicone free collection but it is a little expensive so I wondered if anyone had and experience with it before I purchase a bottle or 2. It seems it's not so popular outside of Asia as my usual go to places to read reviews don't have any for this brand.

Any experience with other hair care products from Syoss is also very welcome.

Thank you

lapushka
October 11th, 2014, 07:59 AM
I've had a terrible experience with a Syoss conditioner, one with cones, which I believe was for dry/damaged hair (don't quite remember as I do not have the bottle anymore). It was as if I'd used no conditioner at all.

So no, can't recommend it on the basis of that. The rest of the line might be good, IDK.

If you have Franck Provost products where you are, I'd rather try those. They recently came out with no silicone stuff as well.

LadyCelestina
October 11th, 2014, 08:10 AM
No,I can't recommend it...I have it right now,the green bottle right?It's hard to detangle with,leaves my hair feeling coated in the shower and cannot be used as a leave in, it's sticky.I bought it because it was cheap on sale and for a cheap purchase + the size,it's decent,but I wouldn't buy it on full price.

Syoss is quite popular here :shrug:

LadyCelestina
October 11th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Oh yes,agree with lapushka on the coney syoss conditioners,the white big bottles,they used to be cone-free and those were kinda OK but smelled yucky.Then they changed the recepture to coney and now they not only smell yucky but made my hair feel like gunky straw.

I wanted to add to my previous post : if you rinse the syoss long enough and feel no need to have extra slip in a conditioner,buy it.

Hotrox
October 11th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Thanks Ladies, I'll think I'll give it a miss!! I know it always a case of YMMV but with a 100% failure rate from your feedback, it's not worth the chance.