PDA

View Full Version : At home hot head wraps

kelseyxface
October 9th, 2014, 06:52 PM
So I want to do a hot oil treatment my next wash, but I want to wrap my head in something hot/warm. I've heard of throwing a towel in the dryer but I feel like I can never get it hot enough (then again I usually throw it in for like 30 mins or so). What do you guys use to wrap your heads for warm deep treatments? Or just what would you suggest I do to heat my head up for a deep treatment?

ErinLeigh
October 9th, 2014, 07:38 PM
I use a clear plastic shower cap and let the body heat do its work. May take a wee bit longer but results are just fine. You can do a hot towel on top of that (dunk towel in hot water)) just to get it started but I never found it necessary. My head steams up pretty quick naturally :)

Carolyn
October 9th, 2014, 08:10 PM
You can also put a nice warm wool stocking cap over the shower cap to keep in body heat. There are various types of heat caps you can buy. I have one by Mastex that is electric. It's like a heating pad shaped to fit on your head. I got it at Enchantress in Ohio several years ago. It's wonderful on a cold winter's day.

Chiaroscuro
October 9th, 2014, 08:10 PM
A bonnet hair dryer or just body heat as per ErinLeigh.

kelseyxface
October 9th, 2014, 08:15 PM
I think I might combine a few methods here - I never even thought of using one of the many wool caps I have from winter! I could toss that in the dryer and that would probably warm up quicker/stay warm longer. I could then place some plastic wrap around my head underneath the cap help keep the natural heat in once the heat from the caps warn off. (: Thanks!

sourgrl
October 9th, 2014, 08:17 PM
I use a t-shirt bag (plastic walmart,target, bag ect) and a heating pad on low. Nothing special :)

Catatafish
October 10th, 2014, 06:41 AM
I haven't done this in a while, but I used to use this method all of the time.

Make a towel damp (not wet), and pop it in the microwave. I used to do it for 1-2 minutes, and it came out a bit steamy and warm, but not too hot that it would burn me.

Be very careful microwaving it though. If you wandered off and left it too long you might start a fire. I'd say experiment in 20/30 second increments. It also seems to help if you put it in for a while, take it out to check it, then pop it back it. It heats more evenly.

I like doing that because it's very quick, and you don't have to buy anything extra.