PDA

View Full Version : Share your hair goals 2015!!!

Pages : [1] 2

LauraLongLocks
October 9th, 2014, 05:07 PM
I know it's only October, but the end of 2014 will be here soon. What are your hair goals for 2015? If you had hair goals for 2014, did you realize your goals?

Last year I had the goal of reaching TBL by the end of this year. I was basing my goal off some spectacular fast growth last fall that hasn't been repeated all year. So I did not make it to TBL. Not even close! But I'm still really happy with my hair.

My hair goals for 2015:

1. Get into the habit of deep conditioning at least 30 minutes every week.
2. Limit S&D to once a month.
3. Keep up with monthly 5 mm trims.
4. Take a length photo, braid taper photo, and measurement quarterly instead of monthly as I have been doing for 2014.
5. Try caffeine rinses after my new baby comes in mid-March.
6. Hopefully make it to BCL by Christmas 2015.
7. Decide on favorite products and use up or get rid of the rest of my stash.
8. Love my hair and stop comparing my growth rate and thickness to others. Just love my own hair!!!

ETA 10-10-14: I forgot one - continue to grow out my bangs. They are definitely at an annoying length right now. Got to have the willpower to keep growing them!

ETA 11-22-14: Well, unfortunately I'm no longer pregnant :( so I'm going to go ahead with the caffeine rinses now. Also, I did some calculations and I have decided to revise my trim schedule/plans.

Instead of trimming 5 mm every month, I am going to trim 5 mm every other month. With this trim schedule, I think it is highly likely I'll make BCL by the end of 2015.

I'm going to S&D as often as I see splits. If my ends become a bit thin from the S&D, at least I can take comfort in knowing I have fewer splits. I hope the bimonthly trimming will help keep my hem from becoming totally shabby over the next year.

ETA 1/9/15: I've decided that S&D about once a week is actually good for me, and I'll keep it up. I am finding fewer and fewer splits each time. I've also discovered the merits of BBBing twice daily, so that is definitely something I will keep up this year. I'm reducing my trim schedule even more, to 5 mm every quarter. My hair is wonderful right now with all the BBBing. I don't feel the need to trim except to keep my hem even. I gave caffeine rinses a try a few times, but haven't been steady with it. Got to really try it if I want to see whether it works.

ETA 2/7/2015: I took a close-up photo of my ends and I think I need to revise my goal. I wanted length this year, but I think I need to trim all my growth for a while. My ends aren't as even and thick as I would like them to be. I might even take off a whole inch on my next trim to see how that makes my ends feel and look.

ETA 6/6/2015: At the end of March, I went ahead and trimmed that full inch off and I love it. It has been over two months since that trim and I have no desire to trim any more at the moment. I hope I can still make it to BCL this year. That's my main goal. Weekly deep conditioning is going mostly well for me. My hair is excellent condition from the BBBing and deep conditioning. I've made progress on my stash of hair products. I have chosen my favorite shampoos and conditioners, and unless they are discontinued, I don't foresee needing to choose new ones. The caffeine rinses were too much bother for me, so I'm not keeping that up. BCL by Christmas, or bust!!!

Sarahlabyrinth
October 9th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Just to keep it as healthy as I can and get it as long as I can :)

Also to try and get past 40 inches which would be the coolest thing ever....:)

hennalonghair
October 9th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Yes I reached my goal for 2014 which was MBL . My end goal is 30 inches by dec. 2014
Goal for 20i5 is to reach solid WL which will be about 35 inches.
Keep up the deep conditioning treatments
Tweak my henna treatments
Learn more styles of updos
Get some good hair sticks
And start taking pics because I rarely ever do
Learn how to post pics on LHC :lol:

Becs
October 9th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Hair goals for 2015:
Continue microtrimming monthly to hopefully get rid of the majority of my braid taper
Reach at least TBL, hopefully beyond, which I think is realistic as I'm about BCL now
Continue to learn new braids
Finally learn to securely hold a bun with a fork (I'm no good at buns sadly)
Optional: figure out my ponytail circumference. Somebody on here asked me about it recently and I did not know :oops:

FallingDarkness
October 9th, 2014, 06:00 PM
NO TRIMS. Keep hair healthy enough that S&D is the only thing that is needed.
Stretch washes to at least a week and a half, maybe even 2 weeks (washing weekly atm)
Have hair long enough to hold with a stick, not my fork
REACH HIP. I'm MBL now, maybe 2.5ish inches away from waist stretched. Pleasepleasepleaseplease I want hip length soooo bad
Also, reach waist unstretched. Waves eat up all my length. And have a waist length braid. Braids eat length too.
Figure out how to do all those neat buns that take a bunch of length for thick haired girls like me AND REQUIRE STICKS grr

Entangled
October 9th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Learn more styles/braids
Trim only twice-thrice
Wear up most of the time
Oil more regularly
Deep condition
Make a hairstick
S&D regularly
Hip length hair by Christmas

cathair
October 9th, 2014, 06:45 PM
I guess my main goal still stands. Aiming to reach TBL unstretched by May.

I think I would tentatively like to say, trim my hair by the end of the year, or decide once and for all I am never going to cut it again. I fear I might not make this one though.

There might be other smaller goals yet, I am still more focused on how I can make the best use of the end of this year, on non-hair related goals at the moment.

skeletonous
October 9th, 2014, 06:46 PM
- Get to shoulder length and maybe even beyond :)
- No trims, but regular S&D sessions
- Stretch washes one more day (not sure that this one will work)

jacqueline101
October 9th, 2014, 06:59 PM
My goals grow to waist no trims
Maybe I'll try to wear hair sticks my brothers looks nice
Make hair bag for my braid learn to use my sewing machine make hair items
Braid more
S&d monthly
Find my perfect routine

cherrybird
October 9th, 2014, 07:09 PM
- Get to BSL wet
- Get to APL curly
- Get a haircut

Stretch goal - Waist when wet by new years eve 2015!

I don't expect to grow out henna until 2016 so I'm not holding my breath...

Imalath
October 9th, 2014, 07:19 PM
My goals for 2015 are to

1) Slowly trim off my damaged ends. After a massive shed this summer, I have about five inches of very fragile, uneven ends that need to come off. I don't have the guts to trim them all at once back to healthier hair, so microtrimming it is :)
2) New hairstyles. I love the ease of my nautilus, LWB, and cinnabuns, but I want some more variety with my everyday style.
3) Finding a good routine that makes both my scalp and my hair happy and sticking to it.
4) Hitting waist unstretched by the end of 2015. I will hit waist stretched in January. I would like to see it with healthy ends by next December.

Arete
October 9th, 2014, 07:20 PM
-Start S&Ding. My hair is healthy. I only have to trim a half inch once a year for split ends. I just got trimmed last friday. If I start S & Ding now and stay on top of it I should have no reason to get a trim next year.

-Be to classic by Christmas 2015.

-Pray that I don't go through a growth stall again like I did earlier this year. Went from an 1+ inches a month of growth to a only a 1/2" growth over four months. That was right around when I increased a medication that hairloss can be a side effect from (thank goodness that did not happen to me!) and I'm hoping the stall was simply my body adjusting to it. I'd quite dislike it if my hair decided not to grow Jan-May!

lunalocks
October 9th, 2014, 07:39 PM
I DID reach my 2014 hair goal of reaching TB. I did this by no trimming for a year (well, I think I did 2 or 3 tiny microtrims early on) (AND this was very scary for me, as I have always been a trimmer, but realized the prior year I had trimmed off all of my growth) , keeping it up, s and d ing, catnip rinses and baby oil (just a drop or 2) on the ends when nearly dry and at night before bunning.

My ultimate goal is to be at classic (or longer) with a respectable hemline. But first I have to get to classic. Hope to be there by the end of 2015!

Clarkie
October 9th, 2014, 08:08 PM
I just found LHC in July so I didn't really have a length goal for 2014. I just vowed that I wouldn't set foot in a hair salon again this year and I'll have no problem keeping that promise to myself lol!
For 2015 I want to continue to learn how to do more buns and I'm hoping that once my pesky layers get a bit longer I can start to do some braided styles as well. With the winter fast approaching I'd like to see if I can stretch washes to once a week. I'd love to get to WL by the end of 2015 but my hair doesn't grow quickly.
I'm just going to try to keep it as healthy as possible and hope the growth just happens :)

Sparklylady82
October 9th, 2014, 08:25 PM
I just joinded LHC in June 2014 and I have met my goals of NOT using dye and bleach, hot tools, fixing my hemline and trimming out damage while gaining some length and stretching washes.
2015 GOALS:
*no dye or bleach
*no hot tools
*micro trim half of my growth and hopefully make MBL by end of year
*stretch to washes once a week
*weekly deep moisturizing treatment with heat cap

tokugawa.miyako
October 9th, 2014, 09:45 PM
2015 Goals:

- TBL by the end of the year
- Learn more updos/improve my braiding technique
- Continue CO washing while also trying to find ways to clear up my dandruff/itchy scalp
- Continue with my no trims policy while doing semi-regular S&D.

IF I reach my goal length faster than expected, I might also start trimming a little to start getting rid of layers.

:happydance:

Avis
October 9th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Congrats on the baby LLL!

I wanted to be BSL by Christmas and I'm basically there now, I just want to wait a little longer to call it. I also trimmed like I said I would, but I did it less than I initially said I would. I also wore my hair up almost every day, always went to sleep with it braided and stretched washes to once a week.

2015 goals:
-Waist length by Christmas
-Micro trim every two months to try to slowly get rid of layers
-Start deep conditioning/oiling. Also figure out what works and what doesn't.
-Learn new styles

hufflepug
October 9th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Hi everyone! :) I haven't posted in forever but I have a few goals for 2015. Last year I had a very short pixie cut that I've been growing out since December. It's just about shoulder length now, but my end goal is BSL, which for me is really long. It's been 10-15 years since I've been past APL or so. My hair tends to get dry easily, so I want to start stretching washes to once a week. Right now I wash about 2/week, more or less every 4 days, so I don't think it should be too difficult. And I want to start trimming a tiny bit every 4 months. I haven't cut it since December but I don't seem to have any split ends yet, so I think these little trims should be enough. Of course I will adjust my plans as needed :)

Also! In December I'm making a big move from New Jersey to North Carolina. I'm curious how the different climate and water hardness/softness (? Or whatever) will effect my hair.

Rebecka
October 10th, 2014, 12:20 AM
Think my goal this year was BSL, and i'm just some cm away, so maybe :D

Next years goals:
- Never walk around with dry/frizzy hair, just makes it break
- Massage more
- Use more oils
- Use less heat (i won't bring heat tools to my au pair- family)
- Get closer to waist
- Eat more peanut butter
- Rock those fairytale ends :cool:

StellaKatherine
October 10th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Ohh this is easy :D CLASSIC length :D

YvetteVarie
October 10th, 2014, 12:44 AM
My 2015 goals are:

- get to MBL stretched
- zero trims, I over did the trimming this year, and next year will be a no trim year
- no heat styling
- transition to WO washing
- continue growing out my relaxer

Zin79
October 10th, 2014, 02:19 AM
I have shoulder length hair now (it's a bit longer, actually, 22 inches). My hair goals for 2015 are:

1. Get almost-waist length hair, around 30 inches and NO trimming.
2. Trim my bangs every 2 months.
3. Oil treatment once a week.
4. Drink PLENTY of water.
5. Going bed around 12 am (I can't now because I have so much study to do)
6. Stay completely stress free. :D

Fufu
October 10th, 2014, 02:22 AM
2015 hair goals:

- no trims
- no perms (only hair colors allowed every 4-5 months)

hanne jensen
October 10th, 2014, 02:28 AM
My 2015 hair goals:

No trimming
Healthy hair
Reach a solid MBL, almost waist

Angels+Eyeliner
October 10th, 2014, 03:46 AM
I've never monitored growth rate before, so I have no idea what a realistic goal will be. Therefore, my goals are simply:

Resist temptation to chop it down to chin length again
Keep it as healthy as possible
Try lots of new updos
Learn to French braid properly

ummyahya
October 10th, 2014, 04:19 AM
My 2015 goals are:

- get to MBL
- no trims
- try the LOC method

Winter Fox
October 10th, 2014, 04:52 AM
I havn't set up any goals for this or the next year but there are some things I have and want to accomplish.

2014:
I reached waist and found my perfect routine, learnt to deal with my itchy scalp, started to love my hair and be gentle with it. :)

2015:
I want to reach 90cm/35 inches, do a microtrimm every 3 months or so, use up all the products I boght during my trial and error phase earlier this year, hopefully overcome my braiding-dyslexia (I'm so horrible at braiding...T-T ) and keep on the good care/routine. :D

Earelia
October 10th, 2014, 04:53 AM
I passed my goal of waist length this year, I'm somewhere between there and tail bone now. It's also pretty freakin healthy finally after all the years of abuse it's taken. I don't have many hair goals right now, maybe to trim here and there to thicken my hemline and grow until my hair is unmanageably long! I actually want to experience the troubles of ridiculously long hair that many if you suffer from! And after my hair begins to eat my body I think I'll go back to having dreadlocks... Yeah. I miss those and I've always wanted ridiculously long ones.

KittyBird
October 10th, 2014, 05:00 AM
Reach classic in early 2015, and then maintain! I'm really looking forward to that, I hate my ends :mad:
I'll probably also cut more layers.

gnome82
October 10th, 2014, 05:03 AM
I am growing out my hair virgin

No trims till Dec 2015

NW/SO

JustPam
October 10th, 2014, 05:25 AM
I only joined a couple months ago so didn't have 2014 goals, although my care routine has improved, as has the look of my hair.

2015 goals
- No trims (maybe S&D once in a while if I need it)
- Wear up most of the time
- Work on my french braiding
- Use up my "odd stock" and just re-buy my Tresemme stuff
- Carry on not dying or heat styling
- Reach waist!

Also, not really a goal, but going to try and only measure every 3 months so I might actually notice a difference when I do!

Wishing everyone luck with their goals!

XcaliburGirl
October 10th, 2014, 05:28 AM
My only growing goal is to be at solid waist length. If I make hip, that's great, but not my focus for 2015.

Behavior goals:
- Only take one length picture per quarter. Monthly for a year was fun, but it gets frustrating.
- Start trimming somewhat regularly for the first time since I started growing.

Verdandi
October 10th, 2014, 05:52 AM
My goal for 2014 was waist by Christmas, but that happened much sooner and I never made any new goals. Might aswell have some for 2015 that won't end halfway through the year :)

- I'd love BCL by Christmas 2015, but I'd be happy with solid hip.
- Even upp my hemline and fix my braid taper with micro trims every three months (no scissors except then! )
- Buy LESS hairtoys and use the ones I have (No doubt the hardest...)
- Visit the organic hairdresser and get a trim, deep treatment and a scalp massage. I missed having someone do stuff with my hair!

sabrinaclrke
October 10th, 2014, 07:17 AM
-dust only when needed
-buy more hair sticks, my dog ate most of mine haha
-wash less often
-grow out bangs
-get rid of some layers
-reach solid waist

*hopefully reach hip by Christmas 2015. I'm almost at mid back now so it's possible !

lapushka
October 10th, 2014, 07:22 AM
I had TBL as a goal for this year, by Christmas. I'm a fingerwidth away. So yes, it looks like I'm going to make that goal. :) I'm absolutely thrilled! I also joined the no trimming thread in 2014 and will make that as well. No scissors are touching this hair, no way! And no scissors will touch my hair in 2015 either, I'm going straight on for classic by Christmas 2015. Hope I'll get there. I'll also be trying to really get into my stash of products, because well... it's gotten to be ridiculous. :lol:

Gertrude
October 10th, 2014, 07:39 AM
My goals are to maintain the positive new habits of 2014 and grow as I can from BSL now somewhere towards WL.

* Keep on washing on day 4 or 5.
* Stick to the three products that work for me.
* Wear my hair up most days.
* Keep hair in a loose braid at night.
* Have a quarter inch trim and S&D every ten weeks. My fine hair splits without that.
* A hair toy buying freeze.
* Take pictures
* Learn to post pictures on LHC.

amanda_the_tall
October 10th, 2014, 08:38 AM
My 2015 hair goals are:
- grow out this short haircut and maintain virgin hair
- I'm at 17 inches stretched so I hope to reach 23 stretched by the end of 2015
- reach APL hopefully... Not sure how many inches to go
- once I reach APL trim hair to even the hemline, the front is longer right now
- USE UP MY STASH :D my current challenge is no new products until the end of the year (yeah there's that much...)
- once I've used up my stash limit myself to one shampoo, one conditioner, one deep conditioner (maybe) and one leave in (if I don't use the conditioner as leave in)
- continue to CO wash as best I can. Try diluting.
- limit hair dryer use. This will be hard as that means I'll have to get up earlier
- try micro trimming. That's one thing I feel will help maintain thickness as I grow.
- continue to comb only. Might give my brush to my sister or mom.
- take multivitamin and try to remember to take b vitamin
My goal for 2014 was waist but I got mad and chopped to above shoulder. It's going to take me 2 to 3 years to reach that goal now. In the meantime my sister has nearly waist length (but horribly treated) hair so I can get a slight idea of what mine will look like (mine is just thinner but same color/texture and, you know, not ripped and fried to death). I just hope to reach that goal or get close before I get married (not engaged yet but it's likely to happen next year... An exciting non- hair 2015 goal!!)

battles
October 10th, 2014, 08:43 AM
2015 Goals
-No trims, or only one if necessary
-BSL by Christmas
-Find a solid routine
-Take pictures
-Oil before each wash

mica
October 10th, 2014, 09:56 AM
-No heat 2015!
-Keep a hair journal
-Monthly length pictures
-No trims unless it's absolutely necessary
-TBL hopefully
-Wear it up at least outside the house
-Keep on learning and experimenting! :cheer:

Agnes Hannah
October 10th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Tailbone!! Crikey did I just say that! Didn't think I'd make it to waist and here I am!
Three monthly trims using the solstice, equinox etc as a guide.
Three monthly measures and photos.
Try to stop obsessing. (its long now, be patient. No, I just want more)
Give in to temptation to buy more hairtoys
Enjoy the journey.

Stray_mind
October 10th, 2014, 10:48 AM
1) Grow out as much colour as i can
2) trimm off as much damaged hair as i can
3) Wearing up
4) Drink LOTS of water to keep my hair (and my whole body) hydrated
5) Get to at least BSL (or MBL)
6) Maintain the lenght there.

TheBlondieDream
October 10th, 2014, 10:56 AM
1- Grow out ALL the color and damage
2- Go get the curl's cut in the curly hair salon i just found (SO expensive, though, but i think it's worth of)
3- Take care of my hair and "let them grow" as much as possible.

twiglet
October 10th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Since I only joined this past summer keep up with my good hair behaviors:
-no heat/heat styling/sls/cones
-try to stretch washes further (currently 3x a week, aiming for 2x a week)
-keep up with my routine (think I have a good thing going, only going to change if change is prompted)

My main goal is to wear my hair up/back more (2-4x a week)

diddiedaisy
October 10th, 2014, 11:04 AM
I'd love to get to bsl. I'm currently apl stretched. I have 5 inches of thin ends to get rid of though and after Christmas I'll start micro trimming. So who knows when I'll get there!!!

gustavonut
October 10th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I want to make it to arm pit length by January, I'm currently a little past shoulder length. Then my next goal will be to mid back length or longer by 2016!

Jac
October 10th, 2014, 11:25 AM
I didn't have any set goals for 2014, since I just started growing my hair out this summer. I have learned a lot this year about taking gentler care of my hair (less blowdrying, stretching washes more, seamless brushes/combs, using SLS less often, using hair elastics less often) which will hopefully make my hair happier in the long run. :)

My goals for 2015:
~keep growing
~less trims
~get rid of this dye damage! If that means cutting back to chin once my natural hair is that long I may do it, depending on how sick I get of my tangly ends... XD

melusine963
October 10th, 2014, 11:31 AM
- Keep growing as long as it will go
- Go back to s&ding every few months
- Learn some new updos and braids
- Alternate my hairstyles and hair toys more frequently

iYaap
October 10th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Wow 2015 is a whole new year hey.

My goals:
1) At least 4 inches of growth including cuts
2) No more blow drying
3) Chop off weird ends
4) Keep my hair routine
5) Keep enjoying my hair! ;)

Nadine <3
October 10th, 2014, 12:42 PM
2015 Goals!
No trims this year! S&D as needed but I want to gain length.
Grow my bangs longer. I don't want to get rid of them, but I want them longer.
stretch washes from twice a week, to once a week.
Wear hair up as much as possible.
Learn to enjoy buns.

I think that's it. I'll probably add more as we get closer to the new year.

lazuliblue
October 10th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Hair goals for 2015:

- Get to waist length :D
- Work out how to get waves that I like when my hair is down.
- Continue to keep my hair as healthy as possible.
- Stretch my washes further (maybe as far as once a week?)
- Make more hair sticks...and maybe a hair fork!

Wosie
October 10th, 2014, 02:57 PM
My hair goals for next year:

- Not worrying so much about shampoo'ing. I have a bad skin disorder, so it's fine to shampoo as often as I need to as long as the scalp feels better afterwards. (Remember this, future Wosie, and don't try to stretch washes, it's detrimental for your scalp's health!!)
- Length-wise I hope and think I will be at waist length by next autumn which I'm pretty excited about. So yes, waist long hair!
- Hair quality in general has been quite good lately, so I'll try my best to keep it up and continue just like this. I.e. keeping up with my conditioning (Dr. Organic's coconut conditioner is fantabulous, by the way) and constant oiling (mainly with argan- and coconut oil which seems to be the best oils for my hair).
- Cutting my hair as much as I want until I've reached my shortest layers (about 2-3 inches shorter than my longest strands). Once I've finally gotten rid of all the pixie layers I should only do somewhat regular micro trims to keep my hemline as neat as possible (~every three months). (Looking forward to this!)

blue_eyes
October 10th, 2014, 03:00 PM
1) Reach my goal of waist!! :D
2) No cuts
3) Keep away from the blowdryer & straightener
4) Keep growing out dye/damage
5) Keep using coconut oil
6) Love my natural hair color :P

ARG
October 10th, 2014, 04:29 PM
- Get through post-partum shed :pray:
- Microtrim to get rid of all those blasted layers
- Take monthly progress photos
- Learn new hairstyles

Nettles
October 10th, 2014, 04:49 PM
- to grow out some damage , underneath at my nape caused by wearing my necklace all the time.
- reach solid waist, with a U shaped hemline.
- tame static and unruly sparklies (grays) :o

Beckstar
October 10th, 2014, 04:57 PM
APL curly by the end of 2015.

hypersensitive
October 10th, 2014, 05:04 PM
It's never too early to write down next year's hair goals!

For 2015, I just want to have fun and enjoy my hair. After 4 years of playing by the LHC rules, it's time to relax a bit. I love that I have achieved my hair length goal so from here on out, I'm going to do whatever that makes me happy and not worry about the consequences. Life is too short!

Specifically, I will cut my hair back to maintain a thicker hemline, around waist to hip. I will dye my hair lighter. I will continue to try out new things: castor oil, soap nuts, and CV shampoo bars.

I anticipate 2015 to be a great year full of life changes and my hair will reflect that, no doubt.

kittenface
October 10th, 2014, 05:22 PM
It's really nice to be able to read so many different people's hair goals for the coming year, best of luck to everyone!

As for me, if nothing goes horribly wrong I think I should be at hip length by December 2015, so that's my… tentative length goal.
Other than that, in 2015 I want to improve my braiding skills and learn lots of new updos. I might decide to learn a new updo every month or something, that seems manageable and pretty useful.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 10th, 2014, 05:30 PM
I would put that I want to reach my goal of Classic - but that could well take until 2016.....

butterflybutton
October 11th, 2014, 12:04 AM
My 2015 goals are to reach BSL!

And I'm going to test out stretching washes to once a month, I'm currently washing once a fortnight.

And I should be APL in the start of 2015, so I can start wearing more styles. I'm hoping to learn to do some different bun styles on myself.

Edit: my 2014 goals were to get to SL, which I did, plus my shortest layers are just shy of SL too.
I was aiming for no colouring, but I caved a little and coloured over my old colour, so I've still got my virgin hair.
And lastly, no trimming at all, which I also caved on, and took just under an inch off the bit behind my ears, but none off the length.

fairy_hair
October 11th, 2014, 12:40 AM
Jacqueline, what exactly is a hair bag and what is it for? :) it sounds interesting, I might make one myself

Aderyn
October 11th, 2014, 12:51 AM
I also had the goal of reaching TBL this year.. nope, not happening. I'm hoping to reach BCL with some of my longest hairs stretched before the year is over, though.

Goals for 2015:
1. Be at solid BCL by end of year. Maybe a few strands brushing TBL when stretched (surely it won't be such an outlandish goal this time around, right?)

2. Start trimming every month or every other month. I don't want to get rid of all my taper, but I would like to have a bit of a thicker hemline and to cut off some old damage.

3. Not purchase so many hair toys. I already have a rather large collection, and I'm hoping to only purchase the ones that I'm completely head over heels in love with come 2015.

MJ1972
October 11th, 2014, 01:09 AM
My hair goals for 2015:

-- Get as close to bra-strap length as I can, but with healthy-looking hair (if my ends get ridiculously thin, I won't hesitate to trim)
-- Stretch washes from once every three days to once every four days (I'm sceptical about this actually happening)
-- Make a little ponytail of all the hair I shed last year and use that for updos which require thicker hair than I currently have
-- Experiment with applying green tea to scalp and roots
-- Experiment with applying shea butter to my ends
-- Experiment with hair sticks instead of elastics
-- Experiment with brushing my hair less often
-- Drink more water

AlKhazzaR
October 11th, 2014, 01:43 AM
1. Grow to classic till next christmas(i'm at tailbone right now)
2. Get proper cut on mine fairytale ends
3. Increase circumference from 14cm to 15/16(optimistic version haha!)
4. Win with frizz

darklyndsea
October 11th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Knee in the shower, definitely doable unless I hit terminal or false terminal (but my ends are still pretty thick, so I think I've got a ways to go before I hit terminal)
Knee when dry, possibly not doable
figure out how to get enough moisture into my hair???

Johannah
October 11th, 2014, 01:52 AM
- Wear my hair up till September 23 (then I'll be wearing it up for 2 years). Maybe I'll wear it up even longer (probably).
- Maintain for at least 6 months to thicken up my hemline/get rid of some damage.
- Grow out my face framing bangs because they are annoying.
- Wash my hair once a week without getting greasy hair.
- Have a simple and easy routine that my hair really likes.

Symbiotek
October 11th, 2014, 02:05 AM
Hmm. I haven't actually thought about this, but I guess my goals would be:
-Keep fighting the temptation to dye my hair again
-Get as close to WL as possible, without forgetting to have the ends trimmed
-Have fun and not stress too much about it :)

sarahramen
October 11th, 2014, 02:06 AM
last years goals:
*once a week deep treatment/heavy oiling etc. I have slacked off severly in college and my hair has definetaly suffered
*I am now micro trimming and maintaining at my lower back dimples, so at begining or end of every month I will self trim until all of the damage, splits and thinness is gone
*S&D more often
*spend time making hair look presentable for school, pretty protective updos regularly
* use up hair product before buying more

2015 hair goals:
* continue maintaining at hip, but try and do micro-trims ever month or two as opposed to grow- chop, grow- chop. I WILL have thick ends!
*last years goal of using up my stash consisted of using a crappy, drying shampoo that I hated for way too long, so this year it's use it up if it is working and find another use for it it it isn't. Body wash anyone?
*do more light everyday oiling
*spend time making hair look presentable for school and work, wear protective updos regularly :p and just learn and wear pretty hairstyles.
*I have a hair sketchbook with instructions for the style, so I want to continue with that
So yeah, pretty similar, but oh well.

fairy_hair
October 11th, 2014, 04:04 AM
My goal is to reach tailbone or beyond by the end of 2015, while keeping my ends neatly trimmed each month.

Mellenoire
October 11th, 2014, 04:22 AM
Length wise
Ideal: waist in 12 months
Realistic: BSL in 12 months.

I'm hovering between 0.55-0.7 inches/month at the moment, which should give me just over 7 inches by this time next year. This will be right on BSL, and will be the longest my hair's been since 2011.

I'm going to have a trim in December and then I'm going to aim for no-trim 2015. If I keep the heat styling to a minimum then I shouldn't have any issues with splits.

Oh and my other goal is to leave the house with something other than a nautilus bun. I need to find my u-pins and hairsticks from my last attempt at growth (and/or buy new ones!). These were beautiful, with tiny, subtle butterflies on the end, so hopefully they turn up.

Katis
October 11th, 2014, 04:45 AM
My goals for 2015 are to reach waist length, then to regularly trim hair until all virgin hair.

Eastbound&Down
October 11th, 2014, 08:01 AM
If I gain 6" in the next year, I should reach MBL. Hopefully I can gain more than that with no trims and good care. I've gotten pretty good growth the last few months. I'll know for sure by December :)

Catatafish
October 11th, 2014, 08:06 AM
My goals for 2015 are to

-Find that silly camera so I can post photos
-Get at least to BSL and on the way to waist
-Buy a ficcare so I can stop with the pony tails
-Find a reasonably priced scissors so I can do occasional S&D when I'm watching telly. I have too much hair and too little patience to every do it properly though I think. Also for self-trims when my hair is long enough
-Start to wear my hair in buns regularly when outside
-Learn some Vikings inspired hairstyles for nights out
-Find some clarifying/chelating shampoo. And biolage or something similar for afterwards. I can't find anything in the supermarkets or boots.
-Continue to detangle GENTLY with my comb, and tangle teezer. And avoid heat styling.
-Find a comfortable night time hairstyle so that I have less to detangle in the morning, and wear it most nights.

Robot Ninja
October 11th, 2014, 08:17 AM
My 2015 goals:

-Maintain at classic. That means regular trims, no forgetting.
-Learn some more styles. Some nice ones, not lazy "I did this in 30 seconds just to get it out of my way and I'm certainly not going out like this."
-Buy more toys! This will require some saving up.

foreverKristin
October 11th, 2014, 12:37 PM
2015 goals:

-Reach and/or pass TBL. This should be doable since I'm at BCL now.
-Decide if I want to maintain or keep growing after TBL. I don't know if I'll want to trim out old damage or forge straight ahead to Classic!
-Keep washing once a week.
-Actually buy that dry shampoo that I've had my eye on for months. :p
-Get some more everyday hair toys!

dottodot
October 11th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Hair goals for 2015:
Regain thickness I lost due to thinning from my severe SD outbreak this year. (I've had good luck keeping it under control, so that's another goal for 2015)
Get to TBL by summer of 2015.
Grow out my bangs
Utilize/Buy some hair toys. (All of you hair toy fanatics have got me inspired)
Perfect dutch, french and other braids (My braiding skills are weak)

Bring it on 2015!

Laura_F
October 11th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Goals for 2015:

- If I make it to waist by January/February as I hope to, I would like to see hip by the end of the year.
- I would like to get better about trimming when it's obvious I need to. If I could have length and a healthy hemline, that would be ideal.
- Grow out the sides of my bangs to a nice taper.
- Maintain a solid oil/conditioning routine.

ClassicAim
October 11th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Goals for 2015:
- Grow hair to bra strap length
- Find a shampoo that I love
- keep my healthy regime going
- keep S and D going

Aurum
October 11th, 2014, 04:17 PM
2015 goals:

Get to solid hip* with blunt hemline
Learn to trim my own hair
Acquire some hair toys
Find THE ONE - the duo of shampoo/conditioner that is just right!
Stretch washes to once every 4-7 days

-----
*Rather conservative if I'm at waist now, but I'm still getting into the hang of predicting what my hair will do. If I blow past that to although BCL, I won't mind!

Jan 2015 will have been one year since I signed up.

SnottyDotty
October 12th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Hair goals:
- BSL wavy (possibly a little conservative but better than being disappointed :))
- No trims 2015
- GENTLE combing

General health goals to hopefully get optimum growth:
- Work out regularly again, 15 minutes 3 times a week at least
- Drink 500ml of pure water a day (in addition to my tea consumption)

chomsky
October 12th, 2014, 03:44 PM
By the end of the year:
- Curls sit on shoulders
- APL when stretched
- Will still be keeping up with my hair care routine :)

LauraLongLocks
November 22nd, 2014, 10:08 AM
I'm revising my goals/plans a bit since I did some calculations earlier this week.

Instead of trimming 5 mm every month, I am going to trim 5 mm every other month. With this trim schedule, I think it is highly likely I'll make BCL by the end of 2015.

I'm going to S&D as often as I see splits. If my ends become a bit thin from the S&D, at least I can take comfort in knowing I have fewer splits. I hope the bimonthly trimming will help keep my hem from becoming totally shabby over the next year.

I think everything else I said in my OP still stands for now.

Puffer Fish
November 22nd, 2014, 10:11 AM
No trims unless unexpected super damage occurs; hoping to maybe make it to APL by this time next year.
Other than that, I can just keep doing what I do and my hair will still love me.

jacqueline101
November 22nd, 2014, 10:21 AM
I'm having to redo some of my goals reaching waist is out by Christmas. Oh well I'm okay with that. My new one is mbl by Christmas. I think I will make it. I will measure next month for growth after that it's being ignored.

kganihanova
November 22nd, 2014, 10:28 AM
Reach hip/hip+ (realistically) or bcl (reach goal) and keep a nice hemline!

Sterlyn
November 22nd, 2014, 10:28 AM
Goal is waist length for 2015 :).

Depending on how my ends look, I may stop and microtrim for a little while to thicken up my ends. If they still look good, I'll just keep growing.

DarleneH
November 22nd, 2014, 10:30 AM
See if I can figure out how to deal with tangles better and grow mine back to waist. I recently cut 6"-7" because I was so sick and tired of that.

LauraLongLocks
November 22nd, 2014, 10:43 AM
See if I can figure out how to deal with tangles better and grow mine back to waist. I recently cut 6"-7" because I was so sick and tired of that.

I find that tangles are best prevented rather than combed out after they are created. For me that means wearing it up, and lots of conditioning.

Fericera
November 22nd, 2014, 10:46 AM
-Alternate deep conditioning and protein treatments every month
-Hit APL
-Take more consistent growth photos
-Trim 1/2 inch after I hit one year of hair growth
-Wear my hair up as much as possible
-Get more hair toys

cat11
November 22nd, 2014, 10:53 AM
-waist length
-straighter hem (mine is supposed to be straight but it doesn't look like it...)
-new hair oils
-new hair stick order from EAD, epstone, & natural craft
-try a ficcare
-continue with semi-annual trims
-get hair scissors to do my own trims

KittyBird
November 22nd, 2014, 11:03 AM
Reach classic in early 2015, and then maintain! I'm really looking forward to that, I hate my ends :mad:
I'll probably also cut more layers.

Well, I changed my goals. I reached classic stretched recently, and then cut back to tailbone a week ago. My ends were so ratty and tangly that they just had to be cut. My new goal is to grow back to classic with lots of trims. I'm not even sure if I'll reach classic in 2015, because I plan on trimming a lot. I feel happy with tailbone length hair though, so it's all good. :D

höpönasu
November 22nd, 2014, 11:14 AM
I'm hoping to reach my goal next year. It's TBL (or BCL? I can't remember their difference!). :ponder: :laugh: Anyways, I won't grow my hair any longer than to my butt crack lenght (so is that BCL?).

Also there's going to be a trim at some point. I might be trimming on January but I doubt I'll visit a saloon. Maybe I'll let my aunt (who has a hairdresser education) to trim a bit more but we'll see.

Growing out the henna on my tips. Don't now if a year is enough though.

Keep on going the way I do now. In my opinion my hair is very beautiful and healthy now and I don't need any drastic changes.

I'll also stay away from dyes of any kind. I had a lot of temptations this year. I might give Manic Panic another try though. But no other dyes!

I need to ponder my hair goals again on Dec and write them down on a paper too, so I won't forget. :o

ZeppHead
November 22nd, 2014, 11:27 AM
* Trim half an inch every 6 months.
* Continue CO. I will shampoo only if I feel its beneficial or have buildup.
* Continue to keep away from chemical laden leave in conditioners and go more natural.
*Learn new braids & wear hair up with a day down if the weather cooperates. ( no wind or rain)
*Reach hip?:pray:

PeonyClouds
November 22nd, 2014, 12:22 PM
-No trims unless really, really needed. Focusing on getting as much length as possible and aiming for BSL.
-CO-washing in between shampoo as often as I can. Using gentle shampoo and trying to use *less* shampoo product as possible. Aiming to clean only my scalp and not length (very hard habit to break!)
-Experimenting with oils, namely avocado oil and grapeseed as pre-shampooing.
-Buying another diffuser this winter, but using it only when I need dry hair pronto.
-Using up some of my products, but understanding that hair is a hobby for me and I like experimenting as much as other people like buying clothes, accessories, etc.

martyna_22
November 22nd, 2014, 01:00 PM
I want to:
-keep wearing my hair down :D
-do protein treatments more often,
-reach hip,
-maybe.. go more into V hem territory? I haven't decided yet :D

Katis
November 22nd, 2014, 01:41 PM
To reach BSL, then continue to grow hair towards waist length
only trim when needed & the minimum off
try to do more deep conditioning
wear hair up at work

Allie_snowflake
November 22nd, 2014, 01:51 PM
My goals for 2015....

*classic length (kind of lofty since I've got almost 8" to go!)
* s&d and minimal trims (I trimmed 1.5" last year)
*transition to my natural color (grays) without a severe demarcation line. I've diluted my henna enough so I'm close.
*work on new styles (I am sick of nautilus buns)
*use my hair journal app more.
*use different hair toys (I usually only use flexis)
*buy more hair toys!!

I think I can do most of those. I'll be at BCL before the end of December so classic might be better suited to early 2016, but it's still possible :)

Eastbound&Down
November 22nd, 2014, 03:03 PM
I want to...

-Reach BSL (at least)
-Complete the No Trim 2015 Challenge
-Not dye my hair for a whole year
-Learn to ignore people telling me to cut my hair

battles
November 22nd, 2014, 03:07 PM
Adding:

-Find a new sulfate free shampoo. I have something in mind. :)
-Just don't cut it. I want to give myself a chance to get to waist and appreciate it before deciding it's horrible and not worth it.
-Learn new styles! Heatless curls/waves, braiding, buns.

nakima
November 22nd, 2014, 03:12 PM
my goal for 2014 is tbl it's there when wet so I'm pretty sure I'll make it by christmas. I think for 2015 I will do a nice little trim to thicken up the hem and then try for classic. classic is about 6 or 7 inches from tbl on me so I might not make it but I should be very close if all goes well. I am going to stretch washes,keep hair up as much as possible and try not to color it :patrol: good luck to you all on your new journey for 2015! great thread!

minaa
November 22nd, 2014, 03:36 PM
My goals!

-Get to TBL/BCL with healthy ends
-Get all of my non-bangs hair to one length (or close)
-Trim only straight cuts or close to straight, no more texturizing. It'll be heavy, but it'll braid nicely.
-Learn more buns and braids!
-Do more interesting styles with no-heat curls and the like

hannabiss
November 22nd, 2014, 03:53 PM
On my birthday Jan 28 i plan to get my hair trimmed a half inch. My goal is apl by next Dec. Also i want to gwt a sulphate free shampoo and a cone free cpnditioner. Also im only washing on sunday night. Wearing it up in my clip 99percent of the time.

iluvbooks
November 22nd, 2014, 04:46 PM
Knees, if I can :D

Quasiquixotic
November 22nd, 2014, 04:56 PM
I am hoping to get to Hip by 2015. Just this thought of this makes me giddy! :joy:

CurlyCap
November 22nd, 2014, 10:03 PM
My goal for 2015 is to learn to take as good care of my body as I do my hair. I want an LHC-quality body! That will also be a several years process. Whoa.

Other than that:
Same old co-washing routine.
Learn more curly friendly updos that don't look so...old fashioned?
Stick to trimming 1" every six months. It's worked so far.

Oddly, start wearing my hair down again. After hip, it pretty quickly went up and is almost never down for convenience's sake now. I gotta start enjoying my hair again.

Marika
November 23rd, 2014, 05:19 AM
My rather modest goal is get to solid hip. I'm planning to trim more next year, so I won't be gaining that much length. But hopefully I'll get healthier and better looking hair :)

chomsky
November 23rd, 2014, 08:09 AM
By the end of the year:
- Curls sit on shoulders
- APL when stretched
- Will still be keeping up with my hair care routine :)

Going to add a couple
- see if I can squeeze BSL by the end of 2015, hair is growing a bit quicker than I expected
- be more active on LHC college eats up all my time but I'd love to post more!

Good luck to all with achieving your goals. :)

Decemberrose
November 23rd, 2014, 10:52 AM
Goals for 2015:
No trim year challenge
Get to APL (or close)
Keep growing out bangs/dye
Try to be better at benign neglect

:) Good luck in the new year everyone.

Decemberrose
November 23rd, 2014, 10:53 AM
Double post...

vivianne
November 23rd, 2014, 12:02 PM
My goals for 2015 are:

-Wear my hair down more and enjoy it :D
-Learn to braid (!) and
-Learn to do more different buns
-Find more of gorgeous hairtoys and enjoy wearing them in a lot of nice updos
-Go surfing in summer with the perfect routine to keep my hair healthy
-Dont cut, only S&D when nessessary, that means to get more fairytail endings than ever before
-Let the natural hair colour grow and shine :-) and embrace my sparkling silver hair, when they got visible more
-Enjoy my hair! It´s grown so much this year and it looks soooo amazing! I want to show it and enjoy more than 2014 (my first LHC year)

:-)

mariakatija
November 23rd, 2014, 12:43 PM
2014 Accomplishments

1. Reached hip
2. Found a simple, perfect routine
3. Learned to love my hair

2015 Goals

1. Reach BCL
2. No trims
3. Read through the entire Waist to TBL thread

Federica
November 24th, 2014, 04:45 AM
My hair related goals for 2015 are:
- slow down with the trims. In 2014 I took almost all of my growth to get rid of the V hem and old layers, but now I made it to a slight U shape, with only the front bangs shorter, so I will try not to obsess myself with it and just let it grow, maybe dusting 2-3 mm every other month and S&Ding my front bangs a lot (They haven't been cutted since three years) until I get to BCL.
- get rid of henna red. I loved it, but I'm just tired of auburn and I want to come back to my dark chocolate brown. I'm going to try and tone it with green manic panic.
I'll make a thread about it as soon as I start the process.
- I'm going to finally get my orthodontic appliance (I don't know if it's the right term for it, I'm not a native speaker as you can guess...) done by December 18, and I'm gonna use it for setting long term goals. I want (and I have) to quit smoking, drink more water, eat more regulary and get at least to TBL during this 18 months with the dental device.
I really wanted to be that girl with long hair and beautiful straight teeth for so many years, and now I'm gonna make it!

coconutinsight
November 24th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Hair goals for 2015
Reach waist before June and Hip before Christmas
Micotrim my hair 3 times to get rid of layers and get a more blunt hemline
Mantain at hip and continue to grow out my bangs (they are now past shoulder)

mariakatija
November 24th, 2014, 05:26 PM
2014 Accomplishments

1. Reached hip
2. Found a simple, perfect routine
3. Learned to love my hair

2015 Goals

1. Reach BCL
2. No trims
3. Read through the entire Waist to TBL thread

I forgot to add that I also want to reach 38 inches.

chillerthanice
November 25th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Realistically:
*Tailbone Length Please!

Unrealistically:
*Ankle Length Please!

Realistically unrealistic:
*Knee Length Please!

kganihanova
November 25th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Attainable: Hip Length

Possibly: Hip+

Reach: BCL

Reachable by an act of god: TBL

jacqueline101
November 25th, 2014, 08:26 PM
I did review my goal I've gained more then I thought. I tried the no trims, I think I've found my perfect routine, and I'm braiding more. I made my hair toys and my sewing machine is getting near happening. I was there to sign for Damien's package he rewrapped it and it was for me ( hair sticks) for Christmas.

Rushli
November 25th, 2014, 08:49 PM
2015 goals:
reach BCL by not trimming
have fun with color
buy moooar toys (on budget)
learn more buns

moontree
November 25th, 2014, 10:04 PM
2015 goals:
x. Reach BSL (at least!) and get as close to waist as I can
x. S&D but no trimming
x. No more dye unless it's temporary/deposit dye!
x. Learn lots of new styles to make APL to BSL more interesting
x. Have longer hair than I ever have had before!

rapunzhell13
November 25th, 2014, 11:33 PM
- I'm going to a trim at the end of December and then no more trimming until the end of 2015 (also saves money since I won't be going to the salon)

- Continue no colouring

- Go back to shampoo bars and citric acid rinses

- Length-wise I should be at waist by Christmas 2015 :)
- Now that I've got some decent length make an effort to try new styles and incorporate hair toys

katieing
November 26th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I have a lot but these are my main ones:
- Get to TBL and then maintain to keep a thick hem
- Try out henna sometime this year
- Do weekly moisture and protein treatments
- Try ACV rinse
- Try CO washing or stretch my washes
- Try scalp only washes
- Find a routine that my hair likes :)

Begemot
November 26th, 2014, 12:46 PM
I want to get to waist
Trimming my hemline into more even u-shape
I'm going to eat a better, hair friendly diet

YGDW
November 26th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Waist waist waist waist waist! And when I'm there, I'll maintain for the rest of the year to get rid of all the awful poor abused hair of the past. Or maybe not - the urge to grow to hip is strong in this one...

alabaster
November 26th, 2014, 03:20 PM
My goals for 2015
1. No hair dye
2. Continue to grow out my virgin pixi with only minimal trims
3. Deep condition once a week
4. Minimal blow dryer use and only on warm if needed
5. Take weekly hair growth progress pics in the same shirt to track growth progress

hairpleasegrow
November 26th, 2014, 03:55 PM
No trims for 2015! BSL by this time next year. I'm practicing lots of patience and benign neglect.

PennyQuin
November 26th, 2014, 05:26 PM
I take some time in the last days of the year for scheduling all my new year's routine. So this is what I have for 2015.

- Reaching BCL or CL at Christmas 2015, please.
- No Trims! Only S&D once a month.
- Doing Inversion Method once a month, all year.
- Deep conditioning once a week with Calabash + Coconut oil.
- Changing BS as shampoo for Yucca powder.
- Being active in the LHC forums
- Keeping the hair growth track in a youtube channel
- Being Happy!

Baby_doll
November 26th, 2014, 10:13 PM
If my parents don't force me into another hair cut, I would like to reach at least bsl, s&d alittle more often, do more heatless hairstyles instead of the same old same old, and continue wo

Katleen
November 26th, 2014, 10:58 PM
No more color/bleaching
Minimal heat styling
Solid waist length and maintaining while growing out bleached hair
Weekly deep treatment of some sort

anastasiashea
November 26th, 2014, 11:04 PM
I want to limit my trims (it's hard to stay away from scissors sometimes) and hit solid waist this year. No more than 2 small trims. I'd love to S&D only, but I love the feeling of freshly trimmed hair too much! I'm growing out color too, but there's no harsh line of demarcation and it's already been about a year since I last colored. I want to learn new buns and take the time to do interesting and unique things with my hair.

Here's to 2015!

urs
November 26th, 2014, 11:47 PM
my 2015 GOALS:

- to reach TBL by august
- microtrims every 4 month
- try more upstyles
- most of all care and treat my hair with love :)

Selkie-
November 27th, 2014, 12:06 AM
My goals are:

1. To grow longer in 2015 - hopefully to get close to tailbone by the end of the year
2. To buy less hair toys
3. To fit into my mega flexi by the end of the year!
4. To treat my hair like antique lace
5. To simplify my hair care routine :o

Ingrid
November 27th, 2014, 12:51 AM
My goals:

1. Continue micro-trimming every month to get rid of dyed hair;
2. Get better at braiding and learn new styles.

fiðrildi
November 27th, 2014, 05:24 AM
I hope to reach hip by the end of 2015. Hopefully by then I will have trimmed off around 4 inches of the permed part as well :)

julee
November 27th, 2014, 05:52 AM
I thought I posted on the 2014 thread but I can't find my post if I did! :p

I think my hair goals for next year are to

-buy a decent detangling comb
-possibly see if I can reach TBL (5 inches away). I don't really have a specific goal these days!
-try to stretch washes.
- try to finish the 'wear all of my toys once challenge'. I started but then life happened.

Undomiel
November 27th, 2014, 06:22 AM
-Reach classic by next October for my wedding (about 5 inches to go!)
-Learn new updos
-Get myself a hair fork as they look so comfy and convenient to use

ladycaladium
November 27th, 2014, 09:02 AM
My goals:

monthly progress photos
monthly circumference check
eat better, take my vitamin D (medically deficient)
hip by Christmas (I can dream, right?)
better overall health which will lead to better hair!

MeAndTheMaz
November 28th, 2014, 07:40 PM
My plans are to try out some "folk remedies". Biotin didn't seem to do much, so once my supply is gone, I'm done with that.

I've got some Mane 'N Tail. Not sure if that's doing much good, but I guess time will tell.

The Maz left me some catnip, so I'll probably try catnip rinse and see how that goes.

I need to learn to updo.

I'm going to trim once more this year, then see about self trimming and/or S&Ding. But with a bit more than SL hair, it's tough to see what you're doing. You are all right, though. The "professionals" tend to take a more off than you want.

veryhairyfairy
November 29th, 2014, 07:44 AM
1. Maintain at ~TBL until January 2016
2. Learn more up styles

Bananfot
November 29th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Mine is to:

Get to MBL or longer
Lear how to doe different braids and be more creative with my hair
use more oils and masks
Only trim my hair 2 times or less, 2cm maximum every time.
eat more plant protein (been so lacy this 6 month)
Take more hair photos
Find the perfect brush/comb (vegan)
Find different treatments for sobreic eczema that does not harm my hair.
Get more sun/D-vitamine with out sunbeds, (poroblem because of bad and cold weather here in Norway)

morrigan*
November 29th, 2014, 07:48 AM
My hair goal for 2015 is wearing hair up more and reaching at least BCL or maybe TBL by end of december 2015.

Quahatundightu
November 29th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Reach classic by the end of.the year (stretched)
And that's it! Otherwise just take care of my hair as usual and do the odd microtrim. Once I reach classic I will then be maintaining indefinitely

patienceneeded
November 29th, 2014, 11:29 AM
I'm leery of actual "goals" as I tend to forget things.

However, what I am hoping for in 2015/going to attempt to accomplish:

Maintain my wash every 3-4 days schedule.
Grow my bangs out and not get impulsive and re-cut.
Maintain my henna with roots only application when needed.
Get my yearly trim in August.
Deep treatments or oiling pre-wash at least 2x a month. (I forget this all the time)

As far as growth, I just hit hip-length. I am hoping my hair (with my one trim in August) can get past BCL and tailbone, maybe even reach classic over the next year. Classic might be too much to expect, realistically. It's far more likely that I will be somewhere between Tailbone and Classic by next Christmas. A girl can hope though! Tailbone is pretty realistic.

VJG
November 29th, 2014, 11:31 AM
I'd like to reach classic and maintain there to 'healthy up' my ends.

Monsterkitti
November 29th, 2014, 11:52 AM
My main goal for 2015 is to get back to waist length, it should be possible as I'm about 6" away at the moment.

Other things I'm aiming for in 2015:

x Reduce my use of heat on my hair back down to only special occasions.
x Attempt to stretch from my usual 1x week wash to every 2 weeks if possible.
x Use different style updos, I'm very guilty of using one kind of bun all the time and it gets a bit boring :)

Ambystoma
November 30th, 2014, 12:34 AM
To grow all my fine post shed baby hairs - it's a long way back down to hip for those little suckers :laugh: I'm happy with my length, cut, routine, and I don't colour, so it's just keep on treating it kindly really. I just realised the other day that I haven't used heat since December 24th last year :bigeyes: I used to be such a flatiron addict too so that's pretty awesome.

sycamoreboutiqu
November 30th, 2014, 01:29 AM
Make it to knee length and then decide if that is "enough". Maybe if my hair thins out a bit I could go longer. I just turned 60 so I would think that should start happening sometime, or not.

soleluna
November 30th, 2014, 03:18 AM
My goal is to reach waist with healthy hair

Jennah
November 30th, 2014, 03:28 AM
Dye my hair every 3 months and only on the roots.
Microtrim every 3 months on the waxing moon.
Get to BSL! Yey! That would be awesome!!!

isabele
November 30th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Finding a good routine and reach waist or hip length

Gertrude
November 30th, 2014, 12:31 PM
LauraLongLocks, my heart goes out to you, I am so, so sorry you lost your baby. I can't imagine what you're going through, but I was very sorry to read this news.

On the hair front in 2015 it's keeping on, keeping on. I am happy with the products in my care routine, happy with the routine of washing 4th or 5th day, CWC and leave in. I S&D every fortnight, that's every two weeks, and have a George Michael dusting every 3 to 4 months.

Length wise I aim to keep my hair as split end free and happy as it is is, having achieved BSL this year, and hope to travel towards waist. I won't arrive in one year, but hope to be travelling happily.

I am happy with my Amish wavy pins to support sticks and forks, and aim to buy only one hair stick with a nice decoration on top every quarter at most.

And my goal is to get photos on this here site, indeed. I feel so very like a dinosaur in that department.

LauraLongLocks
November 30th, 2014, 12:45 PM
LauraLongLocks, my heart goes out to you, I am so, so sorry you lost your baby. I can't imagine what you're going through, but I was very sorry to read this news.

Thank you for your condolences. I'm pretty numb most of the time, to tell the truth. Just trying to get through the end of this semester of school.

Ambystoma
November 30th, 2014, 02:36 PM
:grouphug: LauraLongLocks - I'm so sorry :(

arr
November 30th, 2014, 02:46 PM
My hair goal is no trims at all for 2015 and to reach my goal of BCL with a perfectly blunt hemline. I recently cut a generous 2 inches because I was tired of the last remnants of layers and how the sides of my hair were shorter than the back and just wanted everything even. I've been debating this for months because I didn't want to lose the length but i impulsively decided to just do it. My hair is now one inch past waist. My husband cut it for me and did a perfect job, but I'm still in shock. I love my fresh cut ends, blunt hemline, and no taper, but i do miss the extra length. Anyway, I can now just settle in and grow to my goal with no more annoyance about my hemline and that does feel good. Once I get there, then I'll reasses whether I want to grow more.

amanda_the_tall
November 30th, 2014, 02:48 PM
I need to update my hair goals as I'm getting married next year! :crush: I want to maximize length so that I will be able to do an updo for our wedding. Right now we're looking at August or early September so I have about 9 months to grow from shoulder length!

LauraLongLocks
November 30th, 2014, 02:58 PM
:grouphug: LauraLongLocks - I'm so sorry :(

Thank you. :blossom:

askan
November 30th, 2014, 03:19 PM
So interesting to read about your goals. Mine are these:

• Reaching BSL. Looking at my growth rate I should be there sometime around April.
• Continuing to trim every 3 or 4 months - if I need to!
• Start wearing my hair UP more in protective styles. Need to get some hair sticks for this purpose as I'm resorting to ponytails far too often.
• NO DYE of BLEACH! :)

Scarlet_Celt
November 30th, 2014, 03:23 PM
My goal for the first half of 2015 is to reach classic length. Originally I had planned on being there by December 2014, but a couple thorough trims have me currently in between bcl and classic, so hopefully I won't have to wait too long. Once I'm at classic length, I might maintain for a while, and then carry on growing towards knee!

winship2
November 30th, 2014, 03:55 PM
--Wash no more than once a week through 2015
--Incorporate one new updo per week
--Hip!! 5.5" to go...
--Maintain a nice routine of organizing and taking good care of my hair tools and toys so that everything has a place and everything is in its place!

Platzhalter
December 5th, 2014, 06:31 AM
Don't really have any specific hair goals so far for a specific time... may be better to know what should be achieved by the end of next year though. So, here we go ;)
- stretch washes to roughly every other week
- learn braiding and make a Dothraki-inspired braid (including bells... yes, asoiaf is one of my obsessions :P )
- don't trim
- take length photos
- reach waist length at the end of the year

Selkie-
December 5th, 2014, 09:04 AM
I need to update my hair goals as I'm getting married next year! :crush: I want to maximize length so that I will be able to do an updo for our wedding. Right now we're looking at August or early September so I have about 9 months to grow from shoulder length!

Congratulations! :D

pearlsandpinups
December 5th, 2014, 09:20 AM
LauraLongLocks - I'm so sorry, I hope you're doing all right.

My hair goals for 2015:

- Waist! Waist waist wait! I want to reach waist so badly, haha! I have about 4 or so inches to go so I think it's an attainable goal. :)
- I'd like to get in the habit of doing weekly conditioning treatments!
- Maybe one or two small trims throughout the year to keep my ends healthy and blunt, especially if they get thin at all from S&D. (I'm a fan of blunt ends! :) )

That's about it, otherwise just trying to keep as good of care of my hair as possible. :)

LauraLongLocks
December 5th, 2014, 11:36 PM
LauraLongLocks - I'm so sorry, I hope you're doing all right.

Thank you. I am really pretty numb right now. I want a baby so bad I can't wait to be pregnant again.

LiiAme
December 6th, 2014, 01:01 AM
For 2015, I would:
Not trim or cut my hair (will do some S&D though)
Continue oiling routine
Get hair to a length that I can actually braid it properly
Learn more braiding methods
Find hair sticks and/or forks

And with any luck, have healthy and happy hair! :)

wilderwein
December 8th, 2014, 11:20 AM
stop bleaching my hair and grow (again) my natural hair color, while i will try to reach tail bone hair length ^_^

prankdemon
December 8th, 2014, 11:36 AM
For 2015 I would like to reach fingertip length, try out at least 3 new conditioners and learn a new hairdo every month.

LadyCelestina
December 8th, 2014, 12:26 PM
My goal for 2015 is to have healthier hair :)

memeow
December 8th, 2014, 03:26 PM
I'm completely stuck on figuring out my hair goals for the next year. I really want to mostly grow, with quarterly trims of 1/4". I think I could get close to hip by the end of 2015 on this schedule, which might be my final goal, or at least a good place to stop and maintain for a bit.

On the other hand, in spite of fairly aggressive microtrimming I still have a lot of damage in the last 4-6 inches of my hair. I've been extra careful with it, focusing on keeping it protected and being very gentle with detangling. I do like to wear it down sometimes though, and I spend more time in the ocean than ideal for my ends, so there is definitely the potential for more damage. Part of me thinks I should just grow 1-2 more inches to be solidly at waist and then maintain for the rest of the year there.

It's so tough to decide what to do!

Nadine <3
December 8th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Okay, Hair goals for 2015!
Reach BSL!
No trims (not sure about this one, since I have some pretty damaged layers still. Trying to just S&D those. We'll see!)
Wear hair UP more, now that I have some tools that work in my hair!
Weekly DT and monthly protein treatments.

Clea
December 8th, 2014, 04:38 PM
I'd love to reach classic by the end of 2015! I'd also like to thicken up my ends and see how long I can go without trimming. I need to oil more often too.

hollygail3
December 8th, 2014, 07:45 PM
My goal is to reach HL, chop it off to CBL, and then start growing it all again!

My condolences to you, LauraLongLocks. I can't imagine what you're going through. I hope 2015 brings you joy and happiness!

whiterabbit
December 8th, 2014, 08:34 PM
I would love to grow my layers and hair out enough to be able to put it up. The longer part in the back isn't quite APL but the shorter bits are barely collar length. I keep watching up do videos that are mesmerizing......

Henrietta
December 9th, 2014, 02:13 AM
1. Get back to the forum! (Does that count as a hair goal? :D)
2. Grow on! And thicken up the ends at the same time. I will have to find balance between trims and leaving some growth.

When it comes to hair care, I am nicely set up, no changes needed, I am only waiting for the things I do to show their results :)

Agnes Eliza
December 9th, 2014, 09:16 AM
To get PAST BSL! I'm stuck at APL right now, but I am hoping to actually pass BSL by the end of next year. I have never been past BSL in my life, so I am excited to enter into this unknown territory!

katielea
December 9th, 2014, 10:04 AM
I want to get my 5 inch hair to a nice blunt shoulder length bob. My shortest layers need about 6" so hopefully by Christmas next year I'll reach that goal

Redvelvetdragon
December 9th, 2014, 10:12 AM
I want to get to slightly past waist and then park it there. :) I figure I can get to this point at about July.

Nique1202
December 9th, 2014, 10:25 AM
I want as much of my layering gone as possible without losing my length. My current plan is to cut an inch at the bottom every 6-8 weeks to maintain the length at about hip and not trim my layers at all except for S&D. My shortest pieces SHOULD be down to midback by the end of next year, and my hemline a nice soft U instead of the sharp hip-to-chin V I have going on now. What I do from there... well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Juliah1
December 9th, 2014, 10:44 AM
My goals:

* Not cut my hair, only dusting a bit
* Trying not to dye my hair
* Get my hair to waist length
* no heat, only on occasions

:-)

TrapperCreekD
December 9th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Can't remember if I replied to this or not... :hmm:

♦ Maintain for ~6 months to get rid of damage and thicken/even out hemline.
♥ Reach Classic stretched by Christmas.
♠ Learn more updos!
♣ S&D more often.

MeAndTheMaz
December 9th, 2014, 12:55 PM
1. Get back to the forum! (Does that count as a hair goal? :D)
2. Grow on! And thicken up the ends at the same time. I will have to find balance between trims and leaving some growth.

When it comes to hair care, I am nicely set up, no changes needed, I am only waiting for the things I do to show their results :)

That certainly is the thing, isn't it? I'd like to get some growth going, but I also want to get rid of layers. What to do? :confused:

Naima
December 10th, 2014, 07:41 AM
1. Grow to a solid waist. I'm 3' away now.
2. Maintain there, untill I'll be happy with my hemline.
....not much really)

bte
December 10th, 2014, 07:49 AM
For 2014. I achieved my 20th anniversary of not trimming or cutting. I had the bonus of extra growth (2 inches) for the first time or 17 years, so my hair is now the longest it has ever been.

For 2015, I intend to have another year without cuts or trims to make 21 years. If I am lucky enough to have sny more growth, that would be very welome.

Good luck to you all for 2015!!

RainbowBowser
December 10th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Okay, here goes:
1. Reach waist length, depending upon how my hair behaves, it will likely reach waist no later than my birthday in June. (Last time I measured I was 2 inches above, it depends how good my growth is this winter)
2. Use up all my shampoos and conditioners that I don't want, among a few other things in my stash. (treatments, leave ins)
3. Attain a more solid hemline.
4. Obtain more hairtoys, probably forks and sticks since I'm almost done with hoarding flexis (for now).
5. Be sulphate free. someday...
6. Beat my record of 6 days without washing my hair, just for fun.

Selafae
December 10th, 2014, 08:03 AM
1. Grow to or even past BSL. 2. Do S&D once every month. 3. Go to the salon for trim when needed. 4. Learn new updos. 5. Grow out my sidecut and try not to cut it again because it looks ridiculous on me and I should know that by now. Besides everyone has sidecut now a days so it isn't my personal thing anymore.

Nimia
December 10th, 2014, 09:09 AM
1. Learn at least 3 new up-dos (braids, buns, half-ups) that can be go-to styles: styles I don't have to think about, but can whip my hair into and know it will look okay.
2. Squelch all urges to tweak my hair color. What I have now is working, so DON'T MESS WITH IT, Nimia.
3. Touch not the scissors, and thou shall reach BCL in a year.

In summary, I need to learn new things, and restrain myself from being my hair's worst enemy.

LyndaF
December 10th, 2014, 01:53 PM
1. Reach tailbone (at waist now, so it's not too far away).
2. Learn new braids and buns.
3. Use up my stash.
4. Drink more water (for hair and body).
5. Work on stretching washes

memeow
December 10th, 2014, 02:39 PM
I've thought about mine some more. I'm pretty sure that if I just do the small quarterly trims, I can reach my original length goal (34") by the end of next year. I think I'll be pretty happy maintaining there for a while to grow out the rest of my damage, sooo I think I'm gonna go for it :)

My other goals are to continue S&Ding even though it seems like a Sisyphean task, to continue stretching washes and try out CO, to be very very patient and gentle when handling my hair, and to be more careful about my braid rubbing against my jacket zipper and my seatbelt. I also want to consistently put coconut oil in my hair before swimming in pools or the ocean--I've gotten better about this but still don't always remember!

Agnes Eliza
December 10th, 2014, 03:07 PM
1. Learn at least 3 new up-dos (braids, buns, half-ups) that can be go-to styles: styles I don't have to think about, but can whip my hair into and know it will look okay.
2. Squelch all urges to tweak my hair color. What I have now is working, so DON'T MESS WITH IT, Nimia.
3. Touch not the scissors, and thou shall reach BCL in a year.

In summary, I need to learn new things, and restrain myself from being my hair's worst enemy.

You do that too? :p Every couple of years I will decide I want black hair and then dye it black using a permanent box dye. Then I'll spend the next few months trying to undo that rash act. I need to realize that as a natural redhead (well dark auburn) that black does NOT look good on me! My impulse to dye it black is a lot like an impulse to cut it all off: a bad idea that is very hard to undo. And I look bad in short hair, as well.

So another goal for 2015 is get my hair back to red (even if it's a fake red) and NOT DYE IT BLACK AGAIN!!!

Nique1202
December 10th, 2014, 03:14 PM
You do that too? :p Every couple of years I will decide I want black hair and then dye it black using a permanent box dye. Then I'll spend the next few months trying to undo that rash act. I need to realize that as a natural redhead (well dark auburn) that black does NOT look good on me! My impulse to dye it black is a lot like an impulse to cut it all off: a bad idea that is very hard to undo. And I look bad in short hair, as well.

So another goal for 2015 is get my hair back to red (even if it's a fake red) and NOT DYE IT BLACK AGAIN!!!

Have you tried a red-black? There are burgundy-black dyes around, or there were when I was dyeing my hair regularly. Having the tint of redness might give you the tone you need to pull off the darkness.

Agnes Eliza
December 10th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Have you tried a red-black? There are burgundy-black dyes around, or there were when I was dyeing my hair regularly. Having the tint of redness might give you the tone you need to pull off the darkness.

Yes, I have! They are pretty great. :) But I always ending up wanting it even redder than that! Or at least just use a direct dye so that it washes off eventually...

Nightvale
December 11th, 2014, 05:10 AM
Reaching waist length by the end of 2015 or at least grazing. To do this the following points are crucial:

- Keep up my bunning and other protective styling routines (twists, braids and faux locs).
- Finger detangle more.
- Keep the ends of my hair hair supple with moisture.
- No trims, only Search and destroy split ends and fairy knots.

laceyfairy
December 11th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Deal with splits
Minimize time with hair down
Try to avoid breakage
Figure out where TBL is on me

ohhiitssteph
December 11th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Switch back to a CO routine, using just one conditioner
--> Started! Saves me time and money, and makes my routine much more minimalistic, which I like. Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine = ♥, seriously it smells like peace, love, joy, and happiness, all wrapped up into one lovely, super cheap conditioner. My dry hair surprisingly loves this used as a Co-wash, RO, and leave-in, then topped off with the SheaMoisture milk.

Find an oil that's as good for my hair as Passionfruit Seed Oil is for my face
--> I love Passionfruit Seed Oil for my skin, oh man. It's been amazing. So I want to find something that is similarly effective for my hair! Used to use Argan Oil, but I didn't love it. So now I'm considering Sweet Almond Oil or Macademia Oil... or maybe Coconut Oil, if only for the smell LOL

Get back to hennaing!! Using actual GOOD quality henna this time.
--> I used to henna with generic henna I found at the Indian grocery store near me, but who's to say what batch the crop was from, what the dye content was, etc etc etc. I think I'm going to use Red Raj from Henna Sooq mixed with a bit of Hibiscus powder to get a deeper, slightly cooler red. I love coloring my hair but hate the fading and the damage, so this seems perfect.

I think that's it! I don't have any length-based goals since I always go between liking my hair long and then wanting it short for a while, so I never have any particular goal I'm striving towards. My hair grows quickly, anyway (which is sometimes a bad thing...). Mostly I just want to keep my hair in soft, shiny, bouncy condition with a lovely henna'd color!

Madora
December 11th, 2014, 09:02 AM
First and formost, attend the George Michael Salon Day in NYC in October, 2015!

Hairwise, grow another 4 to 6 inches. I'd really like a solid knee length hemline so will work towards that goal as well.

elsieivy
December 11th, 2014, 09:58 PM
-keep with what I'm already doing for washing and conditioning since it seems to be working well
-learn some new styles of braids and buns
-trim quarterly or so
-keep up with SandDing

I'm hoping to hit hip by the end of next year.

CremeTron
December 12th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Find a protective style I think suits me and wear hair up 2 x a week
Begin doing deep conditioning treatments 1x a month
Maybe find and use a spray on protein as necc.
Eat more protein, fruits and vegetables
Take photos at least every 6 months
Reach bottom of bra strap stretched by Dec 2015

Vanilla
December 12th, 2014, 10:34 AM
My goals are:

Continue benign neglect and LOC
Wait until the NYC George Michael salon to trim (this one is going to be tough for me)

Korisznivella
December 12th, 2014, 11:57 AM
- Experiment with apple cider vinegar & coconut oil
- Experiment with a natural shampoo/conditioner formula that works well for my hairs!
- MBL by New Year's Eve 2015!
- Improve my bun skillz

Stretch goal: WL by New Year's Eve 2015!

jacqueline101
December 12th, 2014, 04:40 PM
I'm 4 inches from waist that will be reached by the summer 2015
Summer and after I'll grow to hip
I'll wear more braids hair bags and home made hair toys.
I'm learning plant, orchard, and canning 2015 good nutrition for good hair
I want to learn to whittle hair sticks Damien wants to try this too
I hope to have my sewing machine going.

AmberJewel
December 12th, 2014, 05:01 PM
- Finally reach Tailbone!!
- Use BBB daily (as prescribed by Madora)
- Wash only once a week
- Learn new practical updos!

vega
December 12th, 2014, 05:41 PM
My goal is to be waist wet ,when curly bra length

Rio040113
December 12th, 2014, 05:51 PM
- Continue my current routine (as far as washing, hennaing, no trims etc)

- Be more on top of S&Ding, I've slacked lately and it shows :(

- Get a new silk sleep scarf/cap

- Figure out if my hair now wants to be wavy... :lol:

- Get to Classic length!

swearnsue
December 12th, 2014, 09:02 PM
My goal is to continue to protect my hair from breakage so that I can reach waist length. I have about 5 inches to go but if I can get close to waist I'll be happy.

CousinItt
December 12th, 2014, 09:10 PM
I'm finally waist stretched, so my goal is waist curly.

Also, I want to keep growing out my sad, sad home-cut bangs. They're almost long enough to tuck back in a pony. I want to learn more buns - they're annoying right now because the bangs don't tuck into them and flop around. They make me look so unkempt!

dancingrain91
December 13th, 2014, 08:04 AM
I want to reach hip+ unstretched with no trimming and then do a big chop back to waist length to get rid of old damage and layers. I want to not have my hair looking so greasy the day before I wash and to maybe phase into once a week washing from the twice a week I do now.

Atira
December 13th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Goal one is no dye on the virgin roots for the entire year, which will make it two years of growth. I will likely dye the breached length though to a more natural shade.

Goal two is to actually have my hair trimmed for the first time in five years. Just maybe two inches to help splits and get off old bleach.

gthlvrmx
December 13th, 2014, 09:25 PM
My goal is to reach APL stretched by the end of 2015. I think I can do it!

maybeinthemtns
December 13th, 2014, 10:01 PM
- Trim own hair
- Figure out how to get buns to stay put (seriously bun-challenged at the moment)
- Hip?
^ We will see about this one. I have a lot I want to trim off, so this may be a bit overambitious.

Spinder
December 14th, 2014, 02:35 AM
Hopefully finally get past waist!

Figure out how to conquer my incessant dryness...

Keep the breakage and splits to a minimum hopefully!

horribleatnames
December 14th, 2014, 03:49 AM
I'm aiming for shoulder length for next year, longer if possible. Need to keep my hair from breaking at the ends tho. Still haven't find the ultimate method yet :/

Halliday
December 14th, 2014, 04:08 AM
I want WAIST, which I think is achievable because I'm at MBL and nearly-sort-of-kinda waist when wet. I also wanna keep using Tresemme Naturals, learn more updos and stay posting on LHC :)

AmandaJane
December 15th, 2014, 09:20 AM
- Reach waist when hair is dry and wavy (about 3 inches away)
- Keep up with the regular small trims I've been doing over the past couple months (I'm still working on growing out layers, so hopefully I can even it up a bit and still get the growth I want)
- Learn how to use a hair stick
- Be more active on LHC :D

Good luck with everyone's goals this year! :cheer:

Halliday
December 15th, 2014, 10:54 AM
I want WAIST, which I think is achievable because I'm at MBL and nearly-sort-of-kinda waist when wet. I also wanna keep using Tresemme Naturals, learn more updos and stay posting on LHC :)

Somehow my hair is now can-I-call-this-waist. Putting in my contact lenses certainly helped! I'm stoked; hoping for hip in 2015 then!

skeletonous
December 15th, 2014, 11:02 AM
- Get to shoulder length and maybe even beyond :)
- No trims, but regular S&D sessions
- Stretch washes one more day (not sure that this one will work)

That last post was from 10/9/14 :) it's awesome to report that my hair is about an inch away from SL, so hopefully by mid February it will be there or longer :cheer: February 4th 2015 also marks a year of growing out my pixie cut! I think by around mid-December next year my hair will be around APL :o which is very exciting.

I still plan on doing regular S&D sessions with no trims (MAYBE dusting but I'm not sure yet...), and maybe getting a trim before the year starts. I also still want to stretch my washes more, but I think that will be a lot easier when I can put my hair up in a clip/stick. I can so that now somewhat, but not all of it will go in because of remaining layers that have a teeny bit of catching up to do.

Squiggy
December 15th, 2014, 11:51 AM
This coming year I hope to:

- Get better at regular S&D (no more of the once every two months that I do now!)
- Change my hemline to a more subtle U shape, since I got carried away a few months ago and went too deep. Instant regret!
- Make deep treatments a more regular part of my hair care routine, especially in these winter months.
- Grow! I am a few inches from hip and maybe 5 inches from my current goal of BCL. In a year, even with a trim or two, I should be able to get there!

lacefrost
December 15th, 2014, 04:48 PM
This year I want to:
-not touch a pair of scissors
-grow to hip for reals
-be consistent with my hair (weekly: soak in oil over night, wash next day in braids, detangle gently, style, wear out only for one day a week)
-include deep treatments quarterly

kganihanova
December 15th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Rephrased:

Keep my ends nice
Grow as much as possible WHILE maintaining nice ends
Improve braiding skills

skeletonous
December 15th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Rephrased:

Keep my ends nice
Grow as much as possible WHILE maintaining nice ends
Improve braiding skills

I should have added improve my braiding skills as well :lol: I can do English, Fishtail, Rope, and that's about it. I want to get really good at French braiding and learn to Dutch braid, among others.

kganihanova
December 15th, 2014, 08:57 PM
I should have added improve my braiding skills as well :lol: I can do English, Fishtail, Rope, and that's about it. I want to get really good at French braiding and learn to Dutch braid, among others.

I can french braid, lace braid, dutch braid and english braid really well. My fishtail skills are so so. My rope braid skills are pretty much non existent lol. Keep on practicing!! It pays off!

Crumpet
December 16th, 2014, 11:13 AM
When I joined the LHC I wanted waist length healthy hair, which meant growing to waist and then maintaining. I achieved waist only a few months after joining and experienced what many LHC-ers experience: I wanted longer hair.

2014 Goals: I wanted longer hair but opted to keep to my original goal and microtrimmed all of my growth each month. I also tried Cassia (I love it but I'm lazy). I wore my hair up every day -- if it was down, it was only for a few hours (if that).

2015 Goals: With that background in mind, my goals are:
- Microtrim all of my growth until my layers are all waist length, then switch to a less aggressive microtrimming technique (cutting 1/2 and then 1/4 of my growth)
- Try Cassia again -- its the only thing I do to my hair that requires any time. I should be able to keep up with it!
- Wear hair down more. I prefer how I look with my hair down and I'd like to get into the habit of letting it down when I have a night out with my boyfriend.
- Try some new tricks to make my buns look less severe.
- Trade/sell the hair bling that I don't use (e.g. flexis) and invest in the ones I love (e.g. FORKS!).
- MAYBE reach hip? I think its possible since I should have my hair all one length at waist by mid-summer. Fingers-crossed!

memeow
December 16th, 2014, 03:29 PM
I just remembered another one--get a second jar of coconut oil to put in my bag. Then remember to actually put it in my hair before swimming, every time!

veryhairyfairy
December 18th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Okay, I have a new, lofty goal:
Learn more braids!

Right now I can only french, english, and dutch braid. I love love love the look of other braids, and it's time to get serious about actually practicing.

JenniferMN
December 18th, 2014, 09:02 PM
-Reach my goal of 28" (assuming I can grow 1/2" a month, although I've never measured and am not sure)
-Learn new & protective updos
-Gelatin treatments
-Try the Inversion Method/scalp massage
-Eat a healthy diet w/ protein and iron
-I think I'll also steal veryhairyfairy's idea and learn some new braids!

noreenw
December 18th, 2014, 09:26 PM
-Figure out my growth rate when I'm taking care of my ends
-Keep oiling/wearing up (will probably get really boring :( )
-S&D only when necessary
-Experiment with regular deep conditioning

noreenw
December 18th, 2014, 09:29 PM
And hopefully that will all lead to halfway between APL and BSL dry! :)

evelynmosby
December 19th, 2014, 08:40 PM
2015 Goals

Be dandruff free----> honey is getting me off to a great start!
Have super shiny hair
Grow to BSL or longer
Have damage free ends

Marbid
December 19th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Grow to tailbone length.... I know i will be hip length by may... I just hope to get to tailbone length if everything goes well.

Thats it as far as hair is concerned. Just keep growing.

nakima
December 21st, 2014, 03:12 PM
well I just missed my goal of tbl for 2014 so I will get there in 4 to 6 weeks then I think I will maintain there for a few months to thicken up the ends and get them healthier after that I guess I will move on to classic and how I will try to do that is by wearing hair up more often only washing 2 or 3 times a week and oiling the ends. Hope this works :) good luck all and happy growing in the new year!

nakima
December 24th, 2014, 05:59 PM
ok I changed my mind thanks to sarahlabyrinth :) my goal for this year was tbl and I just couldn't figure out exactly where we measure then I saw sarahs post on the tbl by christmas 2014 thread and she helped me to decide that I am there! just grazeing the top so I'm calling it! I will see if I can get a picture up soon. Thanks Sarah and congrats again on making your goal for 2014! Have a Merry Hairy Christmas All!

meteor
December 24th, 2014, 07:55 PM
1) Get my iron-deficiency anemia under control :pray: ;
2) Reach classic length pretty soon and grow towards finger-tip;
3) Learn new ways of keeping tangles at bay even when my hair is down;
4) Learn new low-manipulation hairstyles;
5) Keep moisturized, shiny ends with an easy routine.

Arete
December 24th, 2014, 08:15 PM
In addition to not trimming and getting to somewhere from TBL to classic (depending on if my fast growth rate keeps up), I also want to wear my hair up 1-2 days a week.

kmoc123
December 24th, 2014, 08:35 PM
My goal is to knee length...at 49" now

Hotrox
December 25th, 2014, 01:58 AM
My goals are:

BSL by the end of the year.
Now my hair is longer and I can see the ends to start regular S&D
Start a deep conditioning routine
Attempt to stretch washes to every 3 days

Red'N'Curly
December 25th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Stretch washed to every 2 weeks (currently at one week)

Give myself some pretty hair toys

Grow bangs long enough to be able to pull back

Trim twice MAX

Hopefully at waist by next Christmas!

FrostedLoki
December 25th, 2014, 03:04 PM
- Stretch washes to 3 days
- Trim only once, S&D otherwise on a monthly basis
- Buy silk pillowcases for sleeping
- Wear hair braided or other protective way while sleeping 90% of the time
- Hit TBL and start working my way towards classic

M-L-E
December 25th, 2014, 03:34 PM
I'm new to LHC (although like many others, I have been lurking around for a while!), and I thought I'd start by setting myself some hair goals for the new year:

1. Stop constantly playing with hair and wear it up more
2. Get to BSL by Spring (I am about 1.5 inches away, so close and yet so far!)
3. Get to waist by Dec 2015

Unfortunately I'll probably have to trim, because I am still growing out damage :( But since I cut to collarbone length in June 2014, my hair has grown about an inch a month, which I now realise is pretty good! Good luck everyone :)

stargazer616
December 25th, 2014, 03:41 PM
-Reach classic length and maintain at that length until ends are nice, even, and blunt :)
-Find a shampoo/conditioner thing that I like- experimentation!
-Oil my hair more frequently; it's so nice when I do, but I'm way too lazy to most of the time.
I'll probably come up with more later, but that's what I have for now :)

Annalouise
December 25th, 2014, 03:50 PM
My goal is to finally make it to waist.
I think waist will be around 34-35" on me so I should be able to grow 5-6" in one year! That's pushing it to the max though.
As long as I don't get split ends.

hennalonghair
December 25th, 2014, 03:58 PM
New hair goals for 2015- grow in my natural hair colour and embrace my greysI should have 7 inches of growth in one year so my entire head will be my natural colour and I'll have a pretty cherry cola red bun. The first few months will be difficult but after that I think it will look cool. Since I have my hair up 90% of the time, this should be easier than I thought.Grow hair to waist with a thick blunt hemline-36 inches
Continue to deep condition each weekLearn new ways to keep my hair upMake and buy new toys

jpitt
January 8th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Hair Goals:
- ponytail with only a hair tie
- APL by the end of the year (at least in back)
- NO trims
- come up with a good hair routine
- get over being self conscious about it, particularly with my family

Belle Paix
January 8th, 2015, 04:25 PM
APL, here I come! YAY!!

Eastbound&Down
January 8th, 2015, 05:59 PM
2nd year no trims, no dye, focus TLC on my ends for as much growth as I can get :) just made APL so I don't think I want to get too optimistic with goals yet.

Chocowalnut
January 8th, 2015, 06:52 PM
My goals are to reach BSL or as close as possible, keep growing in my natural hair color, and try to get more of my natural curl back (the past couple months it has gotten so straight), and hopefully regain some thickness- it seems like I am shedding so much hair all the time.

faerykitty13
January 8th, 2015, 08:24 PM
No more coloring it!!!

erizabesu
January 8th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Some of my goals for 2015:
Classic length stretched by Christmas
No trims (S&D only)
Settle on a routine that encourages curls

poli
January 8th, 2015, 11:53 PM
My goals for 2015:
- grow to APL
- keep experimenting (lots of things on LHC to try out)
- henna roots only
- no trimms

MagicalCurls
January 9th, 2015, 12:03 AM
1. Find products that work (I bunny hop all the time)
2. Stick to a hair care regimen
3. Learn to like my hair (used to get teased about it all the time)
4. Trim off bad ends and make sure they are kept to a minimum
5. Try out a new hair style (I've only ever done 3 in my life)
6. Buy my first hair toy :D
7. Get to APL this year for the first time in my life :D

TwilightShadow
January 9th, 2015, 02:20 AM
My goals for this year are:

- Trim more often; for the past 3 years, I've been trimming a few inches every 6 months. I want to trim about 1 cm every 2-3 months, to get a more even hemline.
- S&D more often. I don't have many hairs that actually split, but quite a lot of white dots.
- Learn more hairstyles. I want to try the Arwen Helm's Deep braid. My hair is about hip length now, so it's probably long enough to try it.

Swan Maiden
January 9th, 2015, 04:26 AM
My goals this year are more task oriented. I finally decided to stop lurking to hold myself accountable for my hair. I am going to continue benign neglect, but my goal is to actually record monthly length measurements and take consistent monthly length photos and do weekly deep conditioning. My hair is going to do its thing, I am along for the ride.

höpönasu
January 12th, 2015, 11:19 AM
I'm hoping to reach my goal next year. It's TBL (or BCL? I can't remember their difference!). :ponder: :laugh: Anyways, I won't grow my hair any longer than to my butt crack lenght (so is that BCL?).

Also there's going to be a trim at some point. I might be trimming on January but I doubt I'll visit a saloon. Maybe I'll let my aunt (who has a hairdresser education) to trim a bit more but we'll see.

Growing out the henna on my tips. Don't now if a year is enough though.

Keep on going the way I do now. In my opinion my hair is very beautiful and healthy now and I don't need any drastic changes.

I'll also stay away from dyes of any kind. I had a lot of temptations this year. I might give Manic Panic another try though. But no other dyes!

I need to ponder my hair goals again on Dec and write them down on a paper too, so I won't forget. :o

I have figured my hair goals!

No self or saloon trims at least until 7/2015. Maybe even whole year. I let myself get a trim by my aunt twice this year. I'm also allowed to S&D.

I may continue hennaing if I feel so, and I probably will. I don't have to grow out anything anymore. My bangs are growing strong.

... And that's about it! Very comfortable with these goals I've set to myself. Trimming part is the only one that challenges me, but my ends are sooo healthy, thanks to henna, that I won't need to maintain. I'll most likely reach my goal of belly button length as there won't be a lot of trimming. :o

kidari
January 12th, 2015, 04:36 PM
This is my no trim year. I hope not to even do any S&D at all. I plan to wear my hair up all year and practice benign neglect while using up my stash. The ultimate goal is to grow out my bangs and layers to have one length at waist or hip. I hope to pass waist by the end of the year so that if I were to chop to make it almost one length it would be at at least MBL with long face framing layers.

maryalana
January 12th, 2015, 04:47 PM
This year I plan on continuing to grow out my dyed/hennaed hair and be 100% virgin by Christmas. Doesn't matter the length right now as I'm focusing on hair health but I also plan on continuing with CO washing so next time I make it to MBL I'm not tempted to cut it all off again.