PDA

View Full Version : Share your hair goals 2015!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

BrightEyes
January 14th, 2015, 07:20 AM
My goals are:
*To finally get to APL!! In all the time I've been here I've never even reached APL. But this year is the year!!!! I have some beautiful hair toys and I want to start wearing them :D
*To completely wean myself off the curling iron and flat iron. I've really struggled giving up heat, although I've seen the benefits when I've gone long periods of time without it. I have pretty good success with Caruso steam rollers though.
*To wear my hair up most days. I just need to put it up and get it off my mind. I will wear it down 1-2 times a month for special occasions.
*To settle on a washing and product routine. I've been really wishy-washy with these. Ugh, I drive myself crazy!!
*To live a healthier lifestyle. I want to eat cleaner and get more protein in my diet. And drink more water. Also exercise regularly. This is more for overall health, but I know it affects hair too :)

Upside Down
January 14th, 2015, 07:29 AM
Reach waist (again). I am not sure this will happen because my post partum shed is still ON. :justy:

Get my V shaped fairy tale ended hemline back somehow. Also, add a few layers and decide on bangs.
Learn a method for streightening hair without heat.

If Ireach waist, I will attempt to lighten part of my hair in an ombre effect, by using sun-in and Nightshade's technique.

paulam89
January 14th, 2015, 07:35 AM
i am currently just past shoulder length so i aim for bsl this year with hardly any heat styling, letting my hair air dry... co washing... 1 trim and just generally stop messing with my hair x

Ambrielle
January 14th, 2015, 08:39 AM
reach solid BCL this year. Planning on having a maximum of three small trims (0,5 each time) and then no trimming in 2016. wear more up dos and enjoy my hair at any length.

lindsayhv
January 14th, 2015, 10:29 AM
My goal is BSL by the end of the year, but I'm not sure if I'll make it. It is a hefty goal since I am only at SL right now. I will also be having a baby in March and will likely go through a shed period, yuck! I might start using caffeine rinses and a few other tricks to try to prevent the shed!

NJoy
January 14th, 2015, 11:12 AM
My goal for 2015 is to reach tailbone length stretched. I'm currently just above hip length.

tiny squirrel
January 14th, 2015, 11:16 AM
To reach tailbone by New Year's Eve 2015. It's /possible/ but it'll be close. Maybe more like February or March... In the mean time, I'm looking forward to a year of good hair care, new updos, silk pillowcases, and loving my hair just the way it is.

Hopeful65
January 14th, 2015, 02:38 PM
I know that in 2015 I will easily reach solid waist length. I am about an inch away. I'd really like to hit 30 inches, which is very likely, being that I am at 28 3/4" currently.
I finally am done with growing out all the bleach & dye damage, with all virgin hair now, so my goal from here on out will be to at least hit waist, with frequent microtrims.
I have switched to full moon trimming as of this month (January) in hopes of gaining thickness, rather than new moon trimming for length, which is what I had spent the past 3 years doing.
I'm not in a big hurry anymore, and feel relaxed about my current length. Just want to take the best care possible of my hair.

curlylocks85
January 14th, 2015, 03:54 PM
My hair goals for 2015 :)

Grow as close to BSL by the year's end.
Complete the no trim 2015 challenge.
Learn a couple of new styles.
Eat healthy.
Drink 12 cups of water per day.
Start doing yoga again.

I love how some of my goals work in other healthy ways, which will help my hair as well. :)

ManeWitch
January 14th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Hip length this year. Currently just shy of waist length but my hair grows 1" a month so it should be achievable. Lets hope so anyway.

Flowerness
January 14th, 2015, 10:17 PM
I'm sorry if this is a re-post, I think my computer ate my first one!

This was such a great idea to write this all down, Laura Long Locks! As 2014 went on, I found my goals whittling down to two: first, I really wanted waist length wavy hair. Secondly, I wanted to fit into my goal pants. I was so excited to do a microtrim on New Year's at midnight, because I'd actually made it!

Now, for 2015 I'd like to make it to hip length. I may then change my mind and go shorter or longer, but I'd like to get there and see. Perhaps maintain at hip. I'd like to gain "hair confidence" and learn how to do new (at least to me!) hairstyles like french or dutch braiding, doing updos once at hip, and so on. I'd also like to identify a routine that my hair likes even if I don't. (I fall into the trap of the nice smelling stuff or the cute label on the bottle. Doh!) Lastly, I'd like to be healthier and be able to maintain a good health level so that I can not only squeeze myself into those goal pants, but wear them because I am actually the appropriate size for them .

LunaHuntress
January 14th, 2015, 10:37 PM
Have all my hair (except for the bangs) at waist length (shortest layer is around APL) and to finally make up my mind on the "dye hair or let it go grey naturally" issue. I haven't dyed it in about 4-5 months due to financial issues and it actually doesn't look that bad.

FurryLady
January 15th, 2015, 02:22 PM
1) Reaching waist length
2) Stopping my scalp from flaking and itching
3) Finding the best routine to enhance my waves
4) Finding a routine to noorish my dry hair

curiouskitty
January 15th, 2015, 04:48 PM
1. Reach BSL/MBL by December
2. Stay on the Biotin
3. Avoiding self-cutting bangs out of boredom (I've done this too many times to count)
4. No coloring (keepin' it virgin)
5. Successfully (gradually) honey-highlight front and top pieces of hair to a brond color

kitcatsmeow
January 15th, 2015, 05:02 PM
I know it's only October, but the end of 2014 will be here soon. What are your hair goals for 2015? If you had hair goals for 2014, did you realize your goals?

Last year I had the goal of reaching TBL by the end of this year. I was basing my goal off some spectacular fast growth last fall that hasn't been repeated all year. So I did not make it to TBL. Not even close! But I'm still really happy with my hair.

My hair goals for 2015:

1. Get into the habit of deep conditioning at least 30 minutes every week.
2. Limit S&D to once a month.
3. Keep up with monthly 5 mm trims.
4. Take a length photo, braid taper photo, and measurement quarterly instead of monthly as I have been doing for 2014.
5. Try caffeine rinses after my new baby comes in mid-March.
6. Hopefully make it to BCL by Christmas 2015.
7. Decide on favorite products and use up or get rid of the rest of my stash.
8. Love my hair and stop comparing my growth rate and thickness to others. Just love my own hair!!!

ETA 10-10-14: I forgot one - continue to grow out my bangs. They are definitely at an annoying length right now. Got to have the willpower to keep growing them!

ETA 11-22-14: Well, unfortunately I'm no longer pregnant :( so I'm going to go ahead with the caffeine rinses now. Also, I did some calculations and I have decided to revise my trim schedule/plans.

Instead of trimming 5 mm every month, I am going to trim 5 mm every other month. With this trim schedule, I think it is highly likely I'll make BCL by the end of 2015.

I'm going to S&D as often as I see splits. If my ends become a bit thin from the S&D, at least I can take comfort in knowing I have fewer splits. I hope the bimonthly trimming will help keep my hem from becoming totally shabby over the next year.

ETA 1/9/15: I've decided that S&D about once a week is actually good for me, and I'll keep it up. I am finding fewer and fewer splits each time. I've also discovered the merits of BBBing twice daily, so that is definitely something I will keep up this year. I'm reducing my trim schedule even more, to 5 mm every quarter. My hair is wonderful right now with all the BBBing. I don't feel the need to trim except to keep my hem even. I gave caffeine rinses a try a few times, but haven't been steady with it. Got to really try it if I want to see whether it works.

So so sorry to hear about your loss. My heart goes out to you!

Angela_Rose
January 15th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Since I've reached my goal length, my big goal now is to micro trim and maintain I order to again a thick, even, healthy hem.

Olympias7
January 15th, 2015, 05:21 PM
I would like to get to waist one day...but for now, my next milestone is BSL. I also simply want healthy, long hair!

Kome
January 15th, 2015, 07:17 PM
My goals are to get my hair back to the burgundy color it was before I bleached it out and colored it and cut it all off. I also want to hit waist length, but I don't know how possible that is only being at APL. I think it is as I only have seven inches to go and my hair grows half an inch or more a month. Just have to not trim. I'm going to not trim at all until at least June. If it's not bad then I will wait until later in the year.

I also want to oil my hair more! I don't do this nearly enough and if all I do is oil the ends then I am doing something good for my damaged hair. :)

Clarkie
January 15th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Great idea for a thread! :)

I have no intention of trimming BUT I may do a microtrim if I feel like the ends are looking too scraggly. I will re-assess my length goal once I get to solid waist, hopefully by May.
I will continue to CO wash because my hair loves it. I will start coffee rinses this weekend to see if I get any quicker growth and also to see if it will "colour" my gray roots.
I am still colouring my hair but only the re-growth, not the length.
I will continue to moisturize my ends with Nightblooming salves and Orofluido hair oil.
Above all I won't give a flying f**k if anyone says I'm too "old" to grow my hair looooooonnngggg.

jacqueline101
January 15th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Great idea for a thread! :)

I have no intention of trimming BUT I may do a microtrim if I feel like the ends are looking too scraggly. I will re-assess my length goal once I get to solid waist, hopefully by May.
I will continue to CO wash because my hair loves it. I will start coffee rinses this weekend to see if I get any quicker growth and also to see if it will "colour" my gray roots.
I am still colouring my hair but only the re-growth, not the length.
I will continue to moisturize my ends with Nightblooming salves and Orofluido hair oil.
Above all I won't give a flying f**k if anyone says I'm too "old" to grow my hair looooooonnngggg.

You have some of my goals. I'm hoping to grow to waist3 more inches to go
Join the waist to hip thread once I make waist
Doing caffeine rinse this weekend.
I'm trying no trims for a year
Make more hair bags I need a grand total of 52:
Continue using Pantene products

squirrrel
January 15th, 2015, 11:53 PM
For me... Healthier hair is high on my list of priorities. Also, to have hair longer than it has ever been before... Not too sure what that is (I just ignored how long it was getting when I grew it to around this length before), but am a solid BSL now, and if it was longer than that, it wouldn't have been by much. Also to find out roughly how fast my hair actually grows... Monthly length checks for me for the next little while I think to help with that one.

FuzzyBlackWaves
January 16th, 2015, 04:39 AM
I'd quite like to make it to hip length by the start of 2016. I don't know if that'll happen or not since I'm going for the bottom of my hips but we'll see. I might also trim some of the thinner ends off... torn between just letting them curl/wave up as I grow it out (nobody cares about them then) or chop 'em off every now and again throughout the year.

missblueeyes
January 16th, 2015, 07:04 AM
My goal is to get to hip. I guess I'll make it by summer and as soon as I'm there, I'll start maintaining for probably a year. :)

Atira
January 16th, 2015, 10:01 AM
More hair goals:
-deep condition once a week
-try monistat for two months 2x week
-try caffeine rinse for two months 2-3x week

dellad
January 16th, 2015, 12:07 PM
I have only 2 hair goals:
1) Reach knee by the end of 2015, preferably by the end of August. My hair tends to go through a growth spurt in the summer and grow much slower during the rest of the year, so I'm not sure if August feasible.
2) Get my ponytail circumference back up. I went sulphate and cone free in the fall of 2014 and my hair got so tangly that I lost half an inch of ponytail thickness during detangling. Now that I've finally found sulphate and cone free products that work well for me, I hope to slowly regain the lost thickness.

chen bao jun
January 16th, 2015, 12:24 PM
I want to get to visible bra strap sometime during the year. I'm already like mid back, but you cannot tell because I am a curly. It looks like visible APL, not far away from top of brastrap. I know it will keep growing. I know it is healthy. I am happy with being a curly and have grown enough on LHC that I can be patient. But I never know when its going to appear to be any length and I could actually reach waist stretched (whch is a probability, not just a possibility) by December 2015 and still not look like I have BSL hair.
But I'm hoping.
As a hypercurly, I'm actually lucky to be visibly APL, I keep reminding myself. I've seen some of us have waist length hair which still looks like ear length, but much thicker. Beautiful, beautiful hair, but in my case, desiring growth, it would be more than a bit frustrating to never appear to grow, no matter how beautiful.

missfaroe
January 16th, 2015, 01:26 PM
I really, really would be happy if my hair would hit hip length at my 26th birthday in May.
I will try my very best to NOT cut it before i hit hip length! :D

butterfly_dream
January 16th, 2015, 01:33 PM
My hair goals for 2015:
- Buy less hairtoys, I already have too many…
- Do frequent trims of 1/2" every other month in an attempt to thicken my ends.
- Try to stop obsessing and enjoy the journey.

skeletonous
January 16th, 2015, 03:45 PM
That last post was from 10/9/14 :) it's awesome to report that my hair is about an inch away from SL, so hopefully by mid February it will be there or longer :cheer: February 4th 2015 also marks a year of growing out my pixie cut! I think by around mid-December next year my hair will be around APL :o which is very exciting.

I still plan on doing regular S&D sessions with no trims (MAYBE dusting but I'm not sure yet...), and maybe getting a trim before the year starts. I also still want to stretch my washes more, but I think that will be a lot easier when I can put my hair up in a clip/stick. I can so that now somewhat, but not all of it will go in because of remaining layers that have a teeny bit of catching up to do.

I'm happy to report that my hair has reached SL :joy: let's try for APL then!

Katrina
January 17th, 2015, 11:02 AM
My goal is to get to classic.

Lamb
January 17th, 2015, 11:07 AM
*Creeps out from under her rock*
1) Grow my hair back (hideous stress-induced shed, again, seems to be under control now after 3 months)
2) Grow my hair to a nice jaw-length bob (currently a pixie)
3) S&C every day, no more shampoo-only (my hair is dry enough as it is)
4) Keep my stress levels under control and take my vitamins

Also, hi, LHC... long time no see! :oops:

bte
January 17th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Not sure whether I have already replied to this thread.
1) Another year without trimming or cutting to make 21 and a half years!
2) Hopefully a little more growth
3) To rock the man braid - after over 5
15 years of stalling, I got 2 inches of growth last autumn and for the first time in my life have a foot if hair to tie back, enough for a braid, so I will go for it n special occasions. Wish me luck!

Hope you all realise your goals in 2015!

Aleahcim
January 17th, 2015, 12:57 PM
As I am now hitting apl I'd love to get too bsl by the end of the year. If I would be blessed with great hair growth I'd love to event be closer to waist then bsl if I can be so lucky. So I best try to remember to drink all the water I can and eat healthy. Fingers crossed!

vivianne
January 17th, 2015, 01:11 PM
My goals for 2015 are:

-stay healthy and fit: that will be visible in my mane!
-reach hip at the end of the year
-let my NHC reach APL
-find some more nice hair toys
-make lots of hair pictures :D

silvurgrin
January 17th, 2015, 06:30 PM
Hair goals 2015:

Hip length by Christmas
Continue to microtrim monthly
Find just the right formula so both my scalp and hair are happy
S&D whenever I get the chance to
Learn some new braids and updo's

Noula
January 18th, 2015, 10:00 AM
1) Decide if I want to keep my hair short or grow it out again.
2) Be happy with my decision.

battles
January 23rd, 2015, 08:09 AM
I guess I'm redoing my hair goals. :p

- Maintain around chin - neck until my bangs are grown out.
- Stop cutting bangs in, because they're a pain in the a**. Even though they look really cute.
- Don't stress. It's not a race.
- Keep a style while growing out.
- Baby it.
- Exercise, eat healthy, lots of water to promote growth. :)

Laisik
January 23rd, 2015, 08:18 AM
My goals for 2015 are:
1) Reach hip with thick and healthy ends.
2) Deep condition once a week.
3) Microtrim every few months.
4) Learn some new hairstyles. :D

TheGoddess
January 25th, 2015, 02:34 PM
I want to finally grow out my layers, and keep eating enough healthy foods so my hair grows back healthy

maggiealisa
January 25th, 2015, 02:52 PM
- Get my shortest layer to chin, and chop it all to one length.

This is all I really want. I'm so sick of short hair. Once I get everything evenly to chin, it will be so much easier to grow out.

Doreen
January 25th, 2015, 04:58 PM
Knee length by August 2015! I'm 3-4 inches away now so it should be pretty feasible! To do this I am going to try to be more diligent about S&D.
Reducing shedding is also in the back of my mind but it's not as big a priority.
I also want to get some new hairstyles into my rotation this year as I feel I have fallen into a cycle of bun, braid, two braids, over and over...
I want to buy more hair accessories this year -- currently only use a plain bamboo stick or a spare pencil.

callahanwade
January 25th, 2015, 05:10 PM
1) reach at least shoulder length by the end of the year (currently a shaggy pixie)
2) trim as little as possible, except to even up my layers once I reach bob length
3) stretch washes as much as possible and keep hair moisturized, since my hair is very easily damaged

Bonfires
January 25th, 2015, 05:46 PM
1. Hip by by my next trim (June, probably). It's a bit optimistic, but I'm doing inversions to help me pick up speed. That way I'll get back to hip in another month and spend the rest of the year working to TB (which I hope to get to early 2016).
2. Experiment with oils and washing technique. Coconut oil has made my hair the smoothest and softest it's been in years and I hope to continue improving.
3. Learn new styles.
4. Stop needing to use dry shampoo on the day before I do my weekly wash. Basically feeling as though I've finished the stretching process to once a week.

HintOfMint
January 28th, 2015, 12:03 AM
1. Get back on the old S&D wagon.
2. Be more vigilant about wearing hair up at night.
3. More avocado-honey masks.

curiop
January 28th, 2015, 01:48 AM
1) get to at least waist length - just less than 5 inches to go
2) learn more ways to put up my hair, I normally go for braids or a bun, I don't really know any other ways!
3) apply coconut oil more consistently, my hair loves it but I get out of the habit of oiling it at night
4) improve my diet and drink more water to nourish my hair

Azy
January 28th, 2015, 08:47 AM
Been growing my hair out for 6 years now... It's midback length while straight but shoulder length while curly... My only hair goals for 2015 would for it to be brastrap length while curly and to stay away from heat. Maybe try more updos as well.

Snivellus
January 30th, 2015, 04:13 PM
1. Dye my hair red with henna, lighten it.
2. grow it out to classic length!

jacqueline101
January 30th, 2015, 04:19 PM
My goal to watch torrinpaige
Make waist and maybe head towards hip
Learn to use hair toys

curiouskitty
January 30th, 2015, 04:27 PM
- Get to MBL, first of all - which I believe is doable by December 2015. My ultimate goal is waist length. I have 8 more inches to go until then, so that should take about 1.5 more years. But I'm starting to consider hip length as an ultimate goal now (see what you guys are doing to me?) :rolleyes:

- KEEP THE VIRGIN COLOR! I get so tempted to color my hair every so often; and I have to remind myself that that's the reason I had to chop all of it off in the first place.

- Maintain a thick, neat hemline.

browneyedsusan
February 6th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Get to waist, sometime around DD's high school graduation?

(I remember talking with her during her sophomore year, "If I start growing it right now, I can probably get it as long as yours by the time you graduate." lol! )

LauraLongLocks
February 7th, 2015, 07:34 AM
After taking a close-up picture of my ends, I have decided to change my hair goals for this year. I was going for length, but I really think I need to keep trimming a while and thicken up my ends.

Knifegill
February 7th, 2015, 07:36 AM
Need to learn how to put my hair up!

monaaa75
February 20th, 2015, 10:38 AM
dont cut my hair. thats gonna be difficult :)

endlessly
February 20th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Originally when I joined this site, my hair goal was always to reach classic, which I somehow managed to do when I wasn't paying attention. I think I plateaued for a good three months, then BAM! My hair was suddenly an inch past classic. I've always wanted to see what my terminal length was, so I'm thinking that's my newest goal just so long as my hair stays healthy looking.

Last year, I spent far too much time stressing over my hair and purchasing loads of products that I regretted or simply didn't work, so I've taken a much more relaxed view on my hair for this new year and simplified my routine quite a bit. By just doing the basics, my hair is already mid-thigh...and again, I'm not really sure how it happened!

chantecler
February 20th, 2015, 09:37 PM
I'm going to trim off a whole load of the damaged ends throughout the year, and then hopefully be rid of most layers by the end of 2015

Sarahlabyrinth
February 20th, 2015, 09:41 PM
I'm going to trim off a whole load of the damaged ends throughout the year, and then hopefully be rid of most layers by the end of 2015

chantecler, your hair is so pretty! Shiny and elegant! :)

hidetheice
February 20th, 2015, 09:46 PM
My hair goals for 2015... mostly just to get it as healthy as possible. I've got a bit of damage from too many keratin treatments, highlights, and some heat damage. So, I'm going to baby my hair, shampoo as little as possible, S&D like crazy and hopefully get rid of a good amount of this damage I've acquired.

chantecler
February 20th, 2015, 10:00 PM
thanks, you're very sweet, and your hair is really amazing!

fairyblood
February 20th, 2015, 10:50 PM
My goal for 2015 is to reach shoulder length, collarbone if I can, with minimum trimming and no dye. I would also like to learn how to use more kinds of hair toys besides ponytail holders, jaw clips and bobby pins.

gthlvrmx
May 14th, 2015, 04:10 PM
I reached my goal really early. I am now at APL when stretched. I am really happy about that right now! :)

yahirwaO.o
May 14th, 2015, 04:22 PM
Well lets see....
1. Keep micro trimming every month and cutting 2 inches every 6 months to thicken my ends and hair volume as much as I can.
2. Try to find a cleansing method that allows me have healthy scalp and shedding terms.
3. Master french and dutch braid skills properly with my shorter hair (Its actually easier with more lenght in my case)
4. Find a place where I can work with my hair down. I really dont like to put it up, this in conjuction with personal goals.

Kiiruna
May 14th, 2015, 04:49 PM
Simply enough: I'm hoping to reach APL.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 14th, 2015, 04:59 PM
Aiming to have reached 40" at least and to thicken up my ends with micro trims.

shulkie
May 14th, 2015, 06:29 PM
Want to get to a good solid bob so that by the end of the year I can start the journey to long hair with a strong base.

radiofreejenn
May 14th, 2015, 06:40 PM
My goal is to be APL by the end of the year if possible, but it'll most likely be early next year.

DeadlyUnicorn
May 14th, 2015, 07:00 PM
This year I hope to reach classic. I think I'll reach it before the end of the year so then my 2nd goal will be to start micro trimming to get it more healthy. I was going to start micro trimming around next month but it's grown so much since I decided that (I decided a few months ago), that I think I'm just gonna go all the way to classic or at least near it! :inlove:

NitaB
May 14th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Oh! I have so many goals!

- Don't panic and trim too much
- trim half monthly growth
- Increase health of my diet and therefore hair
- Go completely NW/SO or stretch WO washes to at least a month - I'm at 2 weeks now
- Avoid trimming bangs/undercut
- get bangs into updos
- learn more updos/get better at braiding
- Reach waist (shouldn't be too hard)
- Buy a nice comb - I still only have a plastic one with seams :/

rhosyn_du
May 14th, 2015, 07:30 PM
My only goal is to grow my side cut out to jaw length, which I'm crossing my fingers for this year. Then I can even it all into a bob and just leave it alone until I get to APL.

FeatherHeather
May 14th, 2015, 08:20 PM
-Don't cave and get bangs again...
-No trims.
-No dye.

HintOfMint
May 14th, 2015, 08:31 PM
1. Get back on the old S&D wagon.
2. Be more vigilant about wearing hair up at night.
3. More avocado-honey masks.

Huh. I have been doing none of those. Thanks LHC for bumping this thread instead of letting my empty promises disappear into the internet ether.

Nique1202
May 15th, 2015, 05:00 AM
I abandoned my original posted goal to trim out my layers when cinnabuns started getting hard again. Darn my thickness! I should make it past bcl this year. I might maintain there for a while and trim out some more layers, but we'll see. Maybe I won't care so much by then, either.

LeMimi13
May 15th, 2015, 05:06 AM
I want my hair to be solid hip by the end of the year, maybe BCL if I grow a lot in the summer... Let's see. My goal is to have flexi-rod curls that hit my waist or longer. . I think I need to get back to classic for that, but back when I had it, I didn 't knoe of flexis..

cutekitty
May 15th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Being more gentle with my hair in general and forgetting about it a.k.a benign neglect.

vpatt
May 15th, 2015, 06:36 PM
I want to keep my hair healthy with no trims. I don't really know how fast it will grow....it has been short for so many years. So it will be a year (what's left of it) of learning. How to care for it, how fast it grows, best hair toys.

Horrorpops
May 15th, 2015, 11:55 PM
Waist length!! I have maybe 3-4 inches to go... so it might not happen by the end of 2015 but I'm hopeful :D Currently trying to be gentle with it and wear it up more to baby my poor bleached ends.

PalomaSincera
May 16th, 2015, 12:15 AM
My goal is to only get two haircuts. In July im going to my favorite hair stylist in Spain so he can give me some layers I'll be comfortable with. And a trim in November!

3dgfan
May 16th, 2015, 04:32 AM
I am right now at APL and I would love to reach BSL by the end of the year or at least be near BSL :)

VisionOne
May 16th, 2015, 04:42 AM
I am a centimeter or so shy of waist when my hair is pulled straight at the moment, so my goal this year would be getting a little bit past waist so I can look waist even when my hair is wavy. I would also like to be able to trim off a couple of centimeters of damaged ends (but still be at waist) to begin my journey to completely virgin and not heat-damaged hair. I have about a decimeter of heat-damage and old dye at the ends of my hair so it will take quite a while though.

cat11
May 16th, 2015, 07:03 AM
-waist length
-straighter hem (mine is supposed to be straight but it doesn't look like it...)
-new hair oils
-new hair stick order from EAD, epstone, & natural craft
-try a ficcare
-continue with semi-annual trims
-get hair scissors to do my own trims

-waist length + (would like to be on my way to hip)
-straighter hem (mine is supposed to be straight but it doesn't look like it...)
-new hair oils
-new hair stick order from EAD, epstone
-try a ficcare
-microtrim 1/4 a month for remainder of year, hoping to see end condition improve & hem straighten

ovalgal
May 16th, 2015, 07:16 AM
My goal was waist length by the end of 2015, but I have wispy bleached ends that I am trying to grow out before they break off. I am currently BSL (was past but recently trimmed) and may maintain or microtrim half my growth each month until my damaged layers catch up! So my goal is a thick hemline and then waist as soon as possible!

b70
May 16th, 2015, 07:45 AM
This is my first year on LHC, and my goal is primarily to kick some bad habits and treat my hair better :)

- cut down on heat and products, I used to blow dry my hair daily on a high setting and use mousse and hairspray - now I will only blowdry for special occasions and keep the heat low.

- stretch washes, I used to wash daily, now I am down to twice a week.

- wear my hair up unless it is a special occasion.

- hopefully reach APL by christmas :)

Horrorpops
May 16th, 2015, 07:53 AM
My goal was waist length by the end of 2015, but I have wispy bleached ends that I am trying to grow out before they break off. I am currently BSL (was past but recently trimmed) and may maintain or microtrim half my growth each month until my damaged layers catch up! So my goal is a thick hemline and then waist as soon as possible!
Ovalgal we are legit hair twins! I am aiming for waist, just reached BSL and have breakable bleached ends and layers!!:D

Vanilla
May 16th, 2015, 09:31 AM
My original goal was to not trim before October. I've given myself 2 very small trims this year already. Haven't trimmed since March though.

ovalgal
May 16th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Ovalgal we are legit hair twins! I am aiming for waist, just reached BSL and have breakable bleached ends and layers!!:D

:waving: Hi hair twin! I am new to posting on the forums! My most damaged layers are less than an inch away now :happydance:

Horrorpops
May 18th, 2015, 01:15 AM
:waving: Hi hair twin! I am new to posting on the forums! My most damaged layers are less than an inch away now :happydance:

Well welcome to the forum! That's awesome news about your layers! :) I haven't cut mine out yet, but I am tempted because they are soooo much more splitty than the rest of my hair.

hinabelle
May 19th, 2015, 10:48 PM
I'm hoping for MBL by the end of the year. It's likely wishful thinking, but hey! I'll get there eventually. :)

Dragon Faery
May 27th, 2015, 05:23 AM
Cool ... now that I've remembered my password I can post again! :)

My goals for 2015 are:
*Take better care of my hair again
(wash enough to make my scalp happy, treat it gently, and do actual deep treatments ... maybe even eat right sometimes)
*Microtrim out the bottom 3 to 6 inches
(unless they shed out anyway before I get to them, which they've kind of been doing lately)
*Get to Tailbone, and substantially past it, if microtrims allow

Wow, it's kind of weird to think that 2015 is only 5 to 6 weeks away from being halfway over already. :/

bluebreezes
May 27th, 2015, 06:54 AM
My goal is to let my almost chin-length bob grow to SL, let my henna grow out to show my medium brown salt and pepper, and to stop stress trimming. I dream of having a beautiful silver braid in the next few years.

Dragon Faery
May 27th, 2015, 10:47 PM
My goal is to let my almost chin-length bob grow to SL, let my henna grow out to show my medium brown salt and pepper, and to stop stress trimming. I dream of having a beautiful silver braid in the next few years.

Good luck! I love your goals! :)

Alien Girl
May 27th, 2015, 11:26 PM
My goal is to just not trim and maintain the health of my hair :) My hair is definitely not even, especially throughout (due to horrible thinning done last summer) but I want to hold off on trimming until my hair is a decent length.
It feels pretty good atm, isn't very dry or too oily despite me having lightly dyed hair.
I'm almost at APL, hoping I'll be BSL by the end of the year. I think it's possible since my growth rate is pretty fast! I was able to go from chin length to a bit past collarbone length in 7 months :D

silver curls
May 31st, 2015, 03:21 PM
My goal is Waist Length by end of 2015!!!:pray:

Amber_Maiden
May 31st, 2015, 04:03 PM
My hair goal in 2011 was growing my hair past TBL length... and I did... it was growing past my bum this year! So I chopped it.

Now my new goal is to fully embrace my curly hair, take care of it, and follow the Curly Girl Method like a religion. That's it. I want to have fun with my hair now. I might even chop my hair shorter than shoulder length, just because- why not?

Maybe one day I'll grow it out again... but probably only to BSL... I like my curls :)

battles
May 31st, 2015, 05:10 PM
At least collarbone length, no bangs. Back to finding products that work, so hopefully that'll happen this year as well.

Glimmer
May 31st, 2015, 05:38 PM
I want to learn to braid my hair and wear nice updo's for work. Mainly I want to grow my hair 4 inches this year which would put me at past BSL at least.

Colochita
May 31st, 2015, 05:50 PM
Goals: To retain as much length as possible for the rest of the year.

This year I retained two inches and chopped around 4 inches. :(

MINAKO
May 31st, 2015, 07:28 PM
I noticed yesterday that im an inch past classic. For some reason it grew slowly until i got there, so i expected i would struggle to get more length anytime soon. Its just a bunch of random ends, not all my hair. But thats was pretty much my goal for this year. Also i wanted to henndigo more often, like every 3 months with also one or two cassia treatments in between. It seems to be beneficial along with my straightening process and while i cant really do anything to speed up loosening the texture at least the surface is smooth. My goal now is getting to a solid 1 type texture so i can airdry and wear it down just like that. There is still a bit of wave in the back of my head that is incredibly stubborn.
And oooh, another goal would be to eventually stop fighting the urhe for blunt bangs, i knooow i shall never do that again, even tho it looked lovely. Its still on my mind every once in a while. :/

Éowyn_GreyEyes
May 31st, 2015, 08:51 PM
1. No trimmy trims!
2. S&D those dreadful splits every one or two weeks
3. re-dye my black streak on its one year anniversary next month
4. keep my hair up as often as possible
5. ween myself off of blowdrying except on special days
6.be adventurous and try new braids and undos
7. continue growing out my bangs into my U hem
8. keep myself from shampooing too often, and keeping up with using coconut oil
9. a sarcastic note to self: be extra cautious of backpack and purse straps
10. most prominent and most looked forward to: TBL by Christmas!

Hurven
June 1st, 2015, 06:38 AM
My goals are to keep growing out dye, keep growing out my bangs and take really good care of my hair in general. :o

Lady Katherine
June 1st, 2015, 07:38 AM
Classic by Christmas is a big one for me! I'm gonna keep it up as much as possible and learn as many updos as I can so I have more than one or two options when I put my hair up. Also S&D at least twice a month. :)

Arctic
June 1st, 2015, 08:50 AM
Hmm, I don't really think about hair goals anymore. I might get to APL this year. I also hope to re-grow at least some of my lost hair/thickness. I have lot of short baby hairs, and hope to see more of them.

Pinni
June 1st, 2015, 12:22 PM
Waist length and better condition to hair. My hair goal has changed to longer hair here in LHC.

quirkybookworm
June 1st, 2015, 09:17 PM
I have two big goals. One that's realistic, and one that's probably not. :lol:

I really want to get to waist by September 16th which is my two year hair growth anniversary (from shoulder). I'm currently about 1 - 1 1/2 inches away from waist so getting there by September doesn't seem like too big of a stretch. My, admittedly, more unrealistic goal is hip (or, at least, brushing hip) by Christmas. I would love hip length for all the Holiday photos. Crossing my fingers that I can get there!

Suguru
June 1st, 2015, 09:32 PM
I would love to have my hair long enough to tuck behind my ears before the year ends.

Sarah08
September 4th, 2015, 01:34 PM
My goal for 2015...hmmmm, well, I think I met my goal when I could finally tuck my grown out bangs behind my ear without them falling back in front of my face. Happy times! :D

Sarah08
September 4th, 2015, 01:35 PM
My goal for 2015...hmmmm, well, I think I met my goal when I could finally tuck my grown out bangs behind my ear without them falling back in front of my face. Happy times! :D

But my goal is to have them finally reach the length the rest of my hair was before I started letting in grow. Almost there!!!!!!

Loveisaverb
September 4th, 2015, 01:46 PM
To be able to tuck my bangs behind my years and to completely reach shoulder.

Groovy Granny
September 4th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Mine was to:
- eliminate my layers [done]

- reach WL [I expect to by CHristmas]

vpatt
September 5th, 2015, 04:38 PM
I would like to be be able to wash my scalp without the ends getting involved. And I just want my hair to LOOK longer. Even tho it is growing it always looks like it is just is sitting on my shoulders. It seems like it is so light and fluffy that there is no weight to pull it downward. Sup widat?

vpatt
September 5th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Mine was to:

- reach WL [I expect to by CHristmas]

I love your ponytail. How much does it measure around? Mine is 2.75"-3".

GrowingGlory
September 5th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Is it time for a new thread? It is almost 2016, but my hair goals for 2015 are to: cultivate healthy hair, minimize damage, and to maintain my hair at its terminal length.

Groovy Granny
September 5th, 2015, 11:03 PM
I love your ponytail. How much does it measure around? Mine is 2.75"-3".
I just measured now that all my layers are gone and it was close to @2.75 also.
Of course I triple on volume with this humidity lol
In dry weather it is closer to 2.5

diddiedaisy
September 6th, 2015, 10:47 AM
My goal in January was to reach bsl. I did that but then cut back to just above apl. So my goal is still to reach bsl. Round and round I go. :)

vpatt
September 6th, 2015, 03:09 PM
I just measured now that all my layers are gone and it was close to @2.75 also.
Of course I triple on volume with this humidity lol
In dry weather it is closer to 2.5

My hair is very different feeling today. It feels and looks thicker. I don't know if more hair has come in and I am just noticing it or what has happened. It still feels very smooth from the clarifying and the wave didn't straighten out as much as usual. I don't think there is much difference in the weather.....hmmm....

Echileruwen
September 6th, 2015, 03:13 PM
My hair gets caught up in my belt and loops when it's down and I'm putting on a belt, so that's probably an official indicator of it being waist length. My goal is to get it past waist length by New Year's Day of 2016. Of course, I can set any goal I like, the decision is up to my hair! :p

vpatt
September 6th, 2015, 03:39 PM
My goal in January was to reach bsl. I did that but then cut back to just above apl. So my goal is still to reach bsl. Round and round I go. :)

Oh my, I hope next time you don't need cut back.

Groovy Granny
September 6th, 2015, 03:52 PM
My hair is very different feeling today. It feels and looks thicker. I don't know if more hair has come in and I am just noticing it or what has happened. It still feels very smooth from the clarifying and the wave didn't straighten out as much as usual. I don't think there is much difference in the weather.....hmmm....

Maybe the clarifying changed the feel?
Mine sometimes does that when I use the silver/clarifying shampoo.
Either way ~ enjoy; I'm happy for you! :thumbsup:

vpatt
September 7th, 2015, 07:56 AM
Maybe the clarifying changed the feel?
Mine sometimes does that when I use the silver/clarifying shampoo.
Either way ~ enjoy; I'm happy for you! :thumbsup:

Lol, I am enjoying it and I hope it lasts. There are so many variables...who knows? I think I will do the silver shampoo once a month.

Groovy Granny
September 7th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Lol, I am enjoying it and I hope it lasts. There are so many variables...who knows? I think I will do the silver shampoo once a month.

Oh yeah...it can change day to day; very fickle lol

vpatt
September 7th, 2015, 03:21 PM
Oh yeah...it can change day to day; very fickle lol

Well I know I said no change in the weather cause it is still really hot....but it is not as humid now.....so that may be it. I hope it stays like this thru the fall, winter and spring when the humidity is low. Guess I'll find out.

Groovy Granny
September 7th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Well I know I said no change in the weather cause it is still really hot....but it is not as humid now.....so that may be it. I hope it stays like this thru the fall, winter and spring when the humidity is low. Guess I'll find out.
:thumbsup:

mariakatija
November 23rd, 2015, 05:37 PM
2014 Accomplishments

1. Reached hip
2. Found a simple, perfect routine
3. Learned to love my hair

2015 Goals

1. Reach BCL
2. No trims
3. Read through the entire Waist to TBL thread

1. I should be at BCL very soon!
2. I totally trimmed..like twice.
3. I gave up on that. Too long.

vpatt
November 23rd, 2015, 06:27 PM
1. I should be at BCL very soon!
2. I totally trimmed..like twice.
3. I gave up on that. Too long.

Wow, that is great. Congrats!

LauraLongLocks
November 23rd, 2015, 08:47 PM
Well, it's near the end of the year. I'm *almost* to BCL. So close!

As for all my other goals... I did a lot more deep conditioning this year than I did previously, but stopped when what was left of my marriage crumbled. Nothing else was terribly important to me, I guess.

I hope I can make BCL by the end of the year.

Groovy Granny
November 23rd, 2015, 08:51 PM
Mine was to:

- reach WL [I expect to by Christmas]

I met the last goal a month ago.
2015 was a great year :cheer:

Nique1202
November 24th, 2015, 04:05 AM
I want as much of my layering gone as possible without losing my length. My current plan is to cut an inch at the bottom every 6-8 weeks to maintain the length at about hip and not trim my layers at all except for S&D. My shortest pieces SHOULD be down to midback by the end of next year, and my hemline a nice soft U instead of the sharp hip-to-chin V I have going on now. What I do from there... well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Well, my shortest pieces ARE near midback from the front... though I didn't trim quite this much, so I made it as far as BCL. Priorities changed, once the layers started to feel less overwhelming. :shrug:

EbonyCurls
November 24th, 2015, 04:40 AM
My goal is to thicken my hair. To do this I am going to focus on preventing breakage and shedding, and be consistent with taking vitamins. To assist in my goal I will do an upside down oil scalp massage every night and be more consistent in wetting my ends EVERY night before bed. It's the only thing that keeps my hair from breaking the next day. I will only wear my hair down the day I wash it, pony the next day, then up for the next 2 days, detangling often to remove fallen hair. I won't let my hair go unwashed for more than 4 days. Frequent washing (several times per week) I've found is one of the best things for my hair and the only true way I can get the maximum moisture back into my hair; merely wetting it or adding conditioner/moisturizers, just doesn't let it absorb the water as well as a nice long soaking under the warm shower. Also I might get a small trim (1st in 5 years), which will also make my hair look thicker since I have serious fairy tale ends...too many and too much variance in length.

And finally, lose weight. I figure the smaller I am the bigger my hair will look :)

veryhairyfairy
November 24th, 2015, 06:09 AM
1. Maintain at ~TBL until January 2016
2. Learn more up styles

1. Met
2. Met, but not with gusto ;)
And I came back to add 'learn more braids' in another post: I did not meet that one, or maybe I did :hmm: I DID do my first successful rope braid the other day.

Kiiruna
November 24th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Simply enough: I'm hoping to reach APL.

And I did it!

vpatt
November 24th, 2015, 01:00 PM
I want to keep my hair healthy with no trims. I don't really know how fast it will grow....it has been short for so many years. So it will be a year (what's left of it) of learning. How to care for it, how fast it grows, best hair toys.

I have continued with no trims this year. I have only found one white spot. In January it will be 1 year since my last trim and that was a dusting. It grows faster than I thought it would. I realize that I may have months with slower growth. I have added quite a few new toys....but my hair is still not long enough to decide on favorites.

Groovy Granny
November 24th, 2015, 01:03 PM
I have continued with no trims this year. I have only found one white spot. In January it will be 1 year since my last trim and that was a dusting. It grows faster than I thought it would. I realize that I may have months with slower growth. I have added quite a few new toys....but my hair is still not long enough to decide on favorites.

I can't wait for those action shots :popcorn: and neither can you I bet :wink:

vpatt
November 24th, 2015, 01:41 PM
lol, if only I was more talented with the camera. But when it is a bit longer I will see if I can get some better pics. Maybe someone else could take them for me.

The siggie pic is gonna have to do for my APL. It is a wee bit longer now. I am kind of tired of taking fifty photos to get one good one. Lol

Ingrid
November 24th, 2015, 02:36 PM
My goals:

1. Continue micro-trimming every month to get rid of dyed hair;
2. Get better at braiding and learn new styles.

1. So far so good;
2. Definitely made progress!

missblueeyes
November 24th, 2015, 04:09 PM
My goal is to get to hip. I guess I'll make it by summer and as soon as I'm there, I'll start maintaining for probably a year. :)

Wow, seems like I was actually pretty reasonable! I got to hip already and I have a trim scheduled for December 1st. I probably won't maintain next year, though. :lol:

mariakatija
November 25th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Wow, that is great. Congrats!

Thank you!

And congrats to everyone else who reached their goals!

cat11
November 28th, 2015, 11:53 AM
-waist length
-new hair oils
-new hair stick order from EAD, epstone, & natural craft
-try a ficcare

-waist length
straighter hem (mine is supposed to be straight but it doesn't look like it...)
-new hair oils
-new hair stick order from EAD
-try a ficcare

I ordered from everywhere else except these places -_- no longer interested in natural craft or epstone right now tho. so it looks like I succeeded so far in everything but the hair toy category. I like looking back on this list to see how I've done so far.

poli
November 28th, 2015, 12:12 PM
My goals for 2015:
- grow to APL
- keep experimenting (lots of things on LHC to try out)
- henna roots only
- no trimms

Passed APL this month :cheer:, even though I trimmed my hair once since January (it was July, I think). Tried a lot of stuff but ended up just doing CWC with shampoo and condish I was already using before. Still henna, mostly roots (and accidentally face, hands, floor etc.)

turtlelover
November 28th, 2015, 07:51 PM
I hit APL! I will trim once more at the end of Dec., and then hopefully have eliminated enough of my layers to make my next stretch of growing out a bit easier. So, goal accomplished! WooHoo!

julee
November 29th, 2015, 01:28 AM
I thought I posted on the 2014 thread but I can't find my post if I did! :p

I think my hair goals for next year are to

-buy a decent detangling comb
-possibly see if I can reach TBL (5 inches away). I don't really have a specific goal these days!
-try to stretch washes.
- try to finish the 'wear all of my toys once challenge'. I started but then life happened.

Lol, I didn't do any of this! :lol: ended up basically maintaining hip, and I think the thickness is slowly growing down. I still use a four prong jeterfork to comb with and I really think it is the best! I kinda stretched washes but I went back to CO.

silvurgrin
November 29th, 2015, 10:02 PM
Let's see how I'vve done so far. Here's my post from this time last year:

Hair goals 2015:

Hip length by Christmas - achieved
Continue to microtrim monthly - failed, I've gotten lax and skipped months
Find just the right formula so both my scalp and hair are happy - failed, still a work in progress
S&D whenever I get the chance to - achieved
Learn some new braids... - achieved

Hmm, not bad. I would like a thicker hemline still, I wish I had been more diligent with my microtrimming. I'll have to be more careful next year.

cherrybird
November 30th, 2015, 12:49 AM
- Get to BSL wet
- Get to APL curly
- Get a haircut

Stretch goal - Waist when wet by new years eve 2015!

I don't expect to grow out henna until 2016 so I'm not holding my breath...

- done
- done
- done

won't make it to waist, possibly because of the haircut. I'm still 2 inches away. I keep feeling for the ends of my hair in the shower...

Ve
November 30th, 2015, 08:37 AM
diddiedaisy

I am in the same boat as you. Nov 26, 2015 finally got rid of the last of my straw feeling ends and am starting at APL again, been in between APL and BSL since 2012 getting rid of colour - what damage it causes fine hair. Hair feels wonderful now and no trims needed 2016.

Komao
November 30th, 2015, 08:48 AM
I reached BCL! Having wavy hair, I decided to proclaim this milestone when unstretched. Can't wait to get to classic and beyond. :joy:

butterflybutton
December 8th, 2015, 09:27 PM
My 2015 goals are to reach BSL!

And I'm going to test out stretching washes to once a month, I'm currently washing once a fortnight.

And I should be APL in the start of 2015, so I can start wearing more styles. I'm hoping to learn to do some different bun styles on myself.

Edit: my 2014 goals were to get to SL, which I did, plus my shortest layers are just shy of SL too.
I was aiming for no colouring, but I caved a little and coloured over my old colour, so I've still got my virgin hair.
And lastly, no trimming at all, which I also caved on, and took just under an inch off the bit behind my ears, but none off the length.

I managed my goals this year!!

Just made it to bsl, and I'm now at 4-6 weeks between washes!

I can do a lwb, French roll and peacock twist! And my braids look nice now with some length.

Also my unofficial goal was no trimming, and I held out the whole year with no trimming!