PDA

View Full Version : That one hair length that makes you feel insecure?

Zin79
October 9th, 2014, 10:42 AM
aka, the most bad hair days you get to deal with? For me it's shoulder length to boob length...omg...some days my hair looks so cool and some days it just won't stay still no matter what I do..so, I end up being in the house.
Long hair is faaaaaar easier to tame! And it gives you confidence!!

Off-topic: I've applied castor+coconut oil a while ago....I need waist length hair! Oh God...:/

Madora
October 9th, 2014, 11:07 AM
aka, the most bad hair days you get to deal with? For me it's shoulder length to boob length...omg...some days my hair looks so cool and some days it just won't stay still no matter what I do..so, I end up being in the house.

Off-topic: I've applied castor+coconut oil a while ago....I need waist length hair! Oh God...:/

I think you are trying to say what length do you find the most troublesome to style/care for.

For me, it was growing from shoulder to mid back. Took forever, it seemed. Back then, there was no internet to visit for inspiration, so I just bided my time and wished my hair would hurry up and grow.

Nowadays, would be longhair dreamers have all kinds of resources on the 'net, plus You Tube! Also check out Lilith Moon for her short hairstyles. Here is one that is easy to do and comfy all day:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

sarahthegemini
October 9th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Shoulder length. It takes so long to get to the next milestone! Although, I wouldn't not leave the house just because my hair was misbehaving...I'd put it up and forget about it (which is what I'm doing til I reach my goal)

amanda_the_tall
October 9th, 2014, 11:14 AM
My current length, right above shoulder. I haven't had my hair this short since I was a preteen, and although it looks decent now that it's grown out a little bit, I can't pull it up plus it's a graduated cut and it makes my hair look even thinner in the front. Ugh. However I am thankful that I now know that short hair is definitely not my thing, and that I now have virgin hair and it's easier to manage. Shoulder length to APL are not particularly my favorite either, but at least can be pulled up/braided at those lengths.

Breanna
Shoulder length for me as well. I just couldn't do anything with it! It made a pathetic little ponytail and just looked stupid left down, it was awful, and made my face look so round. The worst hair length :P
ETA: Actually no, I think it was that weird mullet phase between the pixie and shoulder length, at least with shoulder length I COULD tie it back.

maskedrose
APL to MBL - I just find this stretch to be incredibly awkward on me. My hair has so much body that it needs to be waist+ to fall correctly and not look like wild woman bush hair. I'm about 2 inches from waist now, and it's just fiiiiinally starting to behave itself more frequently, although I still get lots of wild days. The benefit is that it's been safely contained in updos since I cut it in June since I've rarely been happy with how it looks down.

hannabiss
October 9th, 2014, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't say long hair gives you confidence.many people claim to hide behind their hair. I loved short and edgy. But I think personally I love when my hair is long. I hated the Mullet from my buzz the most. It was scary ugly for a while. Just at shoulder now and can handle it fairly well.

Federica
October 9th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Everything layered.
I will never cut a layer again. They sticked out from everywhere when I tried to get any sort of updo, my braid was way too much thin for my standards and it also looked terribly messy when down.
Layers are not for me.

Stray_mind
October 9th, 2014, 11:35 AM
APL... It looks terrible in a ponytail (an ugly short kinda way) , it looks messy in a bun (ends stick out) or in a braid and it looks terrible loose... Ugh...

GetMeToWaist
October 9th, 2014, 11:39 AM
I HATED CL or APL. Or anything shorter than APL. My goal is tailbone *sighs wistfully*

twiglet
October 9th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Between shoulder and APL. Above shoulder works fine and it becomes easy to deal with somewhere between BSL and MBL

battles
October 9th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Anything shorter than APL is pretty miserable.

Wosie
October 9th, 2014, 11:50 AM
In my opinion it's the journey between an awkward grown out pixie (~3 inches on top and 1+ inches worth of hair on the back of my head) and shoulder length... As my hair's slightly wavy, I get a very unflattering look around this length. shudder:

chen bao jun
October 9th, 2014, 11:57 AM
I don't know why any hair length would make me feel insecure. I'm still the same person and I still have the same face at any length. I have to say though that I don't LIKE it when my hair is too short to pull back or put up. It's inconvenient because I have a whole bunch of thick (and uncontrollable) hair that gets all over the place and if I can't get it out of my way somehow, its a real pain. And if I have to STYLE it (which I did, the time that I got a pixie) its an even worse pain because its so thick that that takes forever. I will never forget having to use that teeny little curling iron all over my head every single morning.

Mimha
October 9th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Shoulder length for me as well. I just couldn't do anything with it! It made a pathetic little ponytail and just looked stupid left down, (...) at least with shoulder length I COULD tie it back.

Exactly the same ! This not-short-anymore-but-not-yet-long-enough to do something with it is terrible !^^

Everything layered.
I will never cut a layer again. They sticked out from everywhere when I tried to get any sort of updo, my braid was way too much thin for my standards and it also looked terribly messy when down.
Layers are not for me.

Ha ha ha so true ! I could say the same word for word ! :D ... I would even add fringes and bangs in the lot of layer kind of stuff : it is sooo horrible to make it grow ! You have to fight for months with pins and else to maintain it away from your eyes !... Argh, never more !!!

prismatic
October 9th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Short hair. It reminds me of being kid & chopping off the awful perms I used to get, or removing other damage beyond repair & having to grow it out again. If mine is above shoulder level, it doesn't feel right.

The worst was when I had my hair cut into a bob at the middle of my ears to remove dye/bleach damage. When it was fresh cut it was fine- but as it grew out I couldn't stand it being all over my face, too short to tie back, & barrettes or bobby pins just slide right out of my hair. Also, the straight-line cut didn't/doesn't work well for me, it gets noticeably uneven very quick & requires too much maintenance. Mine likes a layered cut to look right & behave.

Oh, and bangs. As much as I love the Betty Paige look on others, bangs aren't right for my face shape. I grew my bangs out at 14 & have never looked back.

Verdandi
October 9th, 2014, 12:34 PM
I ADORED my bob, but when it went around shoulder-cbl I just didn't know what to do with it! I wore it in pin curls for like a year because I just didn't know what to do with it since I also grew out bangs which made ponytails look really silly (half of my hair wasn't in the pony but rather in my face...) and had layers.

Zin79
October 9th, 2014, 12:50 PM
I think you are trying to say what length do you find the most troublesome to style/care for.

For me, it was growing from shoulder to mid back. Took forever, it seemed. Back then, there was no internet to visit for inspiration, so I just bided my time and wished my hair would hurry up and grow.

Nowadays, would be longhair dreamers have all kinds of resources on the 'net, plus You Tube! Also check out Lilith Moon for her short hairstyles. Here is one that is easy to do and comfy all day:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

My bad, English isn't my first language so, the words didn't seem as good. I'd take a look at that link for sure, thank you! :)

APL... It looks terrible in a ponytail (an ugly short kinda way) , it looks messy in a bun (ends stick out) or in a braid and it looks terrible loose... Ugh...

Totally! Especially the braid looks awful....it's either too tight or looooose. :/

[I don't know why any hair length would make me feel insecure. I'm still the same person and I still have the same face at any length./QUOTE]

Well, hair, just like any other feature of your body makes you YOU. I can't explain it but when my hair just doesn't seem manageable, my mood gets horrible! I don't know why, really. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Breanna]Shoulder length for me as well. I just couldn't do anything with it! It made a pathetic little ponytail and just looked stupid left down, it was awful, and made my face look so round. The worst hair length :P

True! :'(

In my opinion it's the journey between an awkward grown out pixie (~3 inches on top and 1+ inches worth of hair on the back of my head) and shoulder length... As my hair's slightly wavy, I get a very unflattering look around this length.

My hair is kinda wavy too and I TOTALLY understand what you mean. :mad:

muddblood21
October 9th, 2014, 12:58 PM
For me it was going from chin to shoulder that was just awful. My hair has lots of body and I could not seem to avoid the "triangle head" look and buns were not really a possibility with the layers/stacking that were cut into the horrible style I got. It seemed better when it hit shoulder...not great, but better. LOL

spidermom
October 9th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Pixie to APL. My hair tended to fluff out rather than flow like hair. Here's a picture of my hair back in those days, completely natural (but looking red instead of blonde for some unknown reason), washed, conditioned, and air dried. OMG! Thank goodness my goth niece was on hand to do the appropriate makeup for that look.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/BOONEW.jpg (http://s25.photobucket.com/user/spidermom/media/BOONEW.jpg.html)

jupiterinleo
October 9th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Ugh, APL for sure. I get the classic triangle-head syndrome. Any wavy and thick-hairs feel me?

muddblood21
October 9th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Ugh, APL for sure. I get the classic triangle-head syndrome. Any wavy and thick-hairs feel me? totally feel ya! :wink:

woodswanderer
October 9th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Anything shorter than waist. Thankfully it's been quite a long time since I've been there.
I guess I could also say bang length when you are trying to grow your bangs out.

Federica
October 9th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Pixie to APL. My hair tended to fluff out rather than flow like hair. Here's a picture of my hair back in those days, completely natural (but looking red instead of blonde for some unknown reason), washed, conditioned, and air dried. OMG! Thank goodness my goth niece was on hand to do the appropriate makeup for that look.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/BOONEW.jpg (http://s25.photobucket.com/user/spidermom/media/BOONEW.jpg.html)

Oh my goth Spidermom your picture is so funny!
:rockerdud:rockerdud:rockerdud

pixldust
October 9th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Between mid-neck and shoulder was probably the worst. My hair looked horrible when it was down but there weren't many things I could with it apart from a pony, sock-bun or just twisting and pinning it to my head. When I did that I'd have to pull out loads and loads of pins at bedtime. Or I'd be lazy and sleep with them all in! shudder:

dogzdinner
October 9th, 2014, 02:55 PM
I dont think any hair length made me feel insecure! The one that annoyed me most would be a short bob (so ear to shoulder length). I dont mind layers but short bobs always seem to flick out at funny angles and hang weird on me.

Frederikke
October 9th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Shoulder length definitely.

SnottyDotty
October 9th, 2014, 03:50 PM

I agree. I've been stuck at APL for 18 months now (due to bad treatment) :(

tokugawa.miyako
October 9th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Apparently shoulder length is awkward for a lot of people! It is for me as well. My hair wants to start waving around mid-neck-shoulder length, but because there's not enough hair to complete the wave it just... flips upward. Back in the day, I would try to straighten it, but it would just flip back up as the day went on, sometimes very dramatically. It was so obnoxious and awkward looking.

hanne jensen
October 10th, 2014, 03:13 AM
APL has always been the most awkward for me. It's neither long nor short. I can only have one updo or it will fall down. APL looks dreadful on me. Thank goodness I'm past APL. It might take eternity for me to reach waist, but there are so many updos that I can do now.

Nymphea
October 10th, 2014, 07:51 AM
I've never had my hair shorter than shoulder, so I can't say anything for shorter lengths, but apart from it shoulder length and anything longer than TBL for some reason brings a feeling of insecurity to me - and that's the exact word, really. With SL I really can't do anything and it just... Bounces on its own which makes me crazy. On the opposite, when I get close to TBL it just starts to feel uncomfortable, believe it or not. It catches into everything, my updos are just too big and too heavy for my head and it just... Makes me feel insecure.

That's why I'm currently quite happy with wandering through the waist to hip length territory. :)

Entangled
October 10th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Everything above waist, though the annoyance decreases with length. A little past BSL ish was when I could finally start styles.

ladylowtide
October 10th, 2014, 03:34 PM
APL. It's just the worst. Nothing to do with it. Looks bad in every style.

gustavonut
October 10th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Pixie-apl is the freaking worst, and I'm not even close to apl yet. *one tear*

rowie
October 10th, 2014, 04:03 PM
The worst for me was growing out the buzz! The awkward stages for my texture was so horrendous that it mentally scarred me for life!!!! I now can never get a full trim, and search/destroy is my only alternative. There is no turning back for me as I don't ever want to relive that growing out stages! I still haven't recovered mentally from that experience and I still feel like I belong to the "super shorties thread" even though I'm now brushing BCL.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 10th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Anything too short for me to put up somehow - so anything shorter than shoulder length. Though I don't feel that I could be happy with hair shorter than - TBL :)

Mellenoire
October 10th, 2014, 09:50 PM
Collarbone to APL. My hair sits on my shoulders instead of draping around them and I get the triangle-head look.

kganihanova
October 10th, 2014, 10:09 PM
APL. Can't do sh*t with it and it looks bad down.

Dandelion6
October 10th, 2014, 10:09 PM
APL. So awkward and pouffy! But then again, that's when I joined LHC. My canopy was in terrible shape which didn't help, being a wavy. With better hair care routine and growth to BSL I became happy! BSL to waist is my happiest range ;)

pixldust
October 11th, 2014, 05:05 AM
Apparently shoulder length is awkward for a lot of people! It is for me as well. My hair wants to start waving around mid-neck-shoulder length, but because there's not enough hair to complete the wave it just... flips upward. Back in the day, I would try to straighten it, but it would just flip back up as the day went on, sometimes verye it would dodramatically. It was so obnoxious and awkward looking.

Glad I'm not the only one with hair that is apparently resistant to straightening! I used to think that my hair was just 'odd' or 'bad' when it stuck out in weird places even after I'd straightened it :D This is the reason I grew my fringe out, because it would re-style itself at some point in the day to go weird and flicky out.

jacqueline101
October 11th, 2014, 05:11 AM
For me it was shoulder length. It was too short to style no matter what I tried.

two_wheels
October 11th, 2014, 06:59 AM
Pixie is great.
Waist is great.
In between is a nightmare

Phexlyn
October 11th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Any length that I cannot tie back and/or hangs into my face the whole time. I can't stand having hair in my face and always end up brushing and pushing it out of the way, which looks totally insecure and equals bad hair days!

Apart from that, I guess I'd feel very insecure with a completely shaved head, but I've never tried ;)

LauraLongLocks
October 11th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Since I haven't found my minimum length yet, anything shorter than where I am right now is that hair length I never want to go back to. Okay, maybe waist length if absolutely necessary, but nothing shorter.

SnowbirdRose
October 11th, 2014, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't say my current length makes me feel insecure. Frustrated is more accurate. At barely shoulder length, the only hair toy I can use is a flexi8. I so much want to buy hair sticks and forks, but I'm guessing it may be a year or more before I can use them. I'll use that time searching the LHC threads to learn what ladies and gents with fine and thin hair use.

blue_eyes
October 11th, 2014, 09:42 AM
APL or shorter made me incredibly self-concious. I never feel comfortable with myself during those lengths. BSL or longer makes me feel much more confident.

Johannah
October 11th, 2014, 10:34 AM
APL length was so bad. Too long to wear it down and too short to wear it in a proper updo. I hated it.

Cania
October 11th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Chin length made me look like a chubby boy. I was not pleased.

Fufu
October 12th, 2014, 02:11 AM
I will say shoulder for me.. but right now I'm aiming to achieve shoulder length. (I'm at neck length now)

martyna_22
October 12th, 2014, 03:48 AM
Chin length made me look like a chubby boy. I was not pleased.

My case exactly.

Rosetta
October 12th, 2014, 03:59 AM
Anything shorter than chin length, I'd say, though better if BSL or longer.

Alien Girl
October 12th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Right now, chin length... I would kill (not really) for shoulder length hair right now!!!!

Maelyssa
October 12th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Most definitely shoulder and above for me as well...especially with layers. I love updos and when I try to do them at those lengths I really struggle with pieces just sticking out everywhere looking totally lame.

ShDiHa
October 18th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Shoulder and above. My mom is a hair stylist (don't run away, she's one of the good guys! promise!) and she knows if my hair is at my shoulders or above, I will cry.

ManeGoal
July 27th, 2019, 09:40 PM
Chin length!!! You can't out it up and forget about it..ugh, can't wait to be able to get it long enough to put it into a protective bun and forget about it for a moment.

maplesyrupgirl
July 27th, 2019, 09:43 PM
APL for me, which so happens to be my current hairstyle :rolleyes: I just hate when my hair doesn't stay behind my shoulders or to one side, so I'm mostly wearing it up or half-up until I get there!

Nox_Inber
July 27th, 2019, 10:20 PM
Between APL and BSL. It's just a weird length on me, not long or short. Of course that's exactly the length I'm at, the most frustrating and awkward one lol. If I'm going above shoulder I'll go full "wild hair" mode with it. If its BSL or longer, then I stop being such a crazy person about it and I feel a lot better.

Aerya
July 27th, 2019, 11:41 PM
The absolute worst would be short hair, like mid-neck and up. My hair is just too fluffy and it doesn't suit my face at all. But I feel pretty darn bad about longer lengths than that too. I felt SO bad about my hair while growing from CBL to APL and while I'm getting more comfortable with the length the longer it gets from here, I still feel like I need a good amount of length before it looks and feels.. right. It just falls oddly at this length. Just how long it needs to be, I don't really know. I had ~BSL before my dumb self reached for the bleach, but even then I remember feeling similarly. I don't know if that was because I had grown from short hair and wasn't used to it being "long" but I remember feeling weird about wearing it down because it fell in an odd sort of way. If I'm going to guess, I'd say waist will be the turning point for me. Maybe a little bit before.

Begemot
July 28th, 2019, 03:27 AM
The territory between SL and BSL is my least favorite. Medium length is just meh for me. It has to be either properly short or properly long.

Tinyponies
July 28th, 2019, 09:29 AM
Echoing so many above; for me its the whole lot between cbl and waist. Then it starts to look proportional to my long body.

RunOnCaffeine
July 28th, 2019, 03:56 PM
Anything shorter than APL. It's fluffier and it just looks off. I think part of the reason I hate my hair this length is because when I've cut it shorter, that's the longest I've been able to have it and it's always felt short.

Lady Stardust
July 28th, 2019, 04:05 PM
Between chin and shoulder, for me. I have a long neck and my hair looks lovely at chin length, and ok at shoulder, but in between it looks like it’s neither here nor there, like it should be shorter or longer. It’s more awkward looking than I can adequately describe.

It’s worse in a blunt cut, not so bad in a shag cut, but nothing will lie properly at that length anyway (for me).

Dutchbraids
July 28th, 2019, 09:15 PM
I had my haircut to my chin at 10 years old, and then didn't cut it for 5 years. It looked horrible, so we chopped the ends off. I found out that BSL is pretty much the worst length I could have gotten. Not long enough for a good braid, not heavy enough to lay flat, and not short enough to actually curl. It was very awkward for a while.

AutobotsAttack
July 28th, 2019, 09:53 PM
Ear length to neck length. My hair would always just be stuck and never move, and eventually I found myself in the mullet stage. Also had difficulty putting my hair up since I didn’t have enough length to put my hair in a pony or a bun.

Didn’t make me feel insecure or anything of the sort, just frustrated me.

illicitlizard
July 28th, 2019, 10:40 PM
Around ear length to collarbone length, it's such an awkward length to be at. Can't put it up easily, doesn't look intentionally short, frustratingly far from long.

Stray_mind
July 28th, 2019, 11:14 PM
When my hair wasn't as wavy, it used to be Shoulder to APL. It just used to lay flat or be annoyingly poofy all the time.

This time around it was the length between chin and shoulder, because my layers then looked the absolute worst and i couldn't even put my hair up. Probably why i came up with so many braided half ups hahaha.

Glad that's over now.

Servana
July 29th, 2019, 05:25 AM
Anything above MBL. It's so puffy when it's short! And it just looks awkward. I'm in this stage right now after a much-needed chop. I really hope I get back to MBL (and beyond) soon!

Milkchocolate
July 29th, 2019, 07:27 AM
I remember feeling super insecure with bra-strap length hair. I think that’s called mid-length? I just hated being in between growing. I feel like it made me look so dull! Although it looks lovely on others... it just didn’t match with my features or style. I would have chosen a bob over mid-length lol. But that was part of the growing process obvi. I was stuck at b-s length for years

Groovy Granny
July 29th, 2019, 01:20 PM
Chin length to shoulder

I can only wear it down at that length and it curls so much when it is that short that I look like my Grandmother with a perm :lol:

I loved her, but don't like her look on me :p

yulia396
July 29th, 2019, 01:45 PM
I came to the conclusion that any hair length so far made me insecure at some point. I'm currently hitting BCL and I feel like it's half the length I want it to be. This feeling makes me wanna put it up and forget about it. It hit me the WORST when my hair was above my bust, so it's slowly getting better. But yeah, worst period was growing till it covered my bust(somehow that was the only way I felt my hair's getting long-ish (acceptable-ish))... such an awkward stage for me.

Knightly
July 29th, 2019, 03:54 PM
BSL, my hair does some weird thing on the ends and it just makes me look really awful. I'd rather have a pixie cut than BSL hair lol

Key
July 29th, 2019, 07:20 PM
I've found that I don't like shoulder length/collarbone length. It's too long to be a bob, but doesn't fully rest on the shoulders yet.

MermaidDreads
July 29th, 2019, 08:43 PM
Above chin length. I got a very bad perm in a salon many years ago. She totally fried my hair and it had to be chopped very short. I hadn't had short hair since I was about 8 or 9. It definitely made me feel insecure for a couple of years until it grew back out.

GeoJ
July 29th, 2019, 09:38 PM
I find my current length (APL) to be highly annoying. It has become heavy enough that a ponytail is uncomfortable, but isn’t long enough for almost every bun, unless I divide it up and make more than one bun. It isn’t long enough for any of my favorite braided updos either. Leaving it down doesn’t work because it’s long enough to get in the way of things I do in daily life. The last couple of times I had this length (around age 13 and again at age 17 to eighteen) I usually only wore it down or in half ups. This time I’m trying to use more variety.

I don’t feel insecure though. I think I haven’t felt insecure about my hair since high school (except for a few times when my in-laws would repeatedly say that my hair is thin- and I had a 4” ponytail circumference back then, lol).

Beeboo123
July 29th, 2019, 10:07 PM
I think shoulder to BSl looks horrible on me, there’s not enough weight to pull the hair down, and i look like a giant poofy mess with weirdly curled ends

pixitolong
July 30th, 2019, 04:05 AM
Right now..my hair length that is at my most awkward stage and has been for 7 months. It's shorter than shoulder, all uneven lengths and I can't tie it in a pony tail. I really hope I can tie it up soon. I am hoping I can tie it up before the end of the year.

Natalia_A00
July 30th, 2019, 09:14 AM
Same here... Shoulder length was hell for me. My hair always looked weird lol. At BSL or waist length it started to look so much better.
I think I will never have my hair shorter than BSL again, because it starts to create weird shapes and waves and I don't like that. I looked like Snow White but worse :disgust:

macyann
August 6th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Shoulder length has been weird for me as my hair is flipping straight out for seemingly no reason
... sad to see that everyone hates APL too as that is my current short-term goal. Lol. Guess I gotta wait it out though because I hated my hair above shoulders, hated then just at shoulders, hate it now and will maybe hate it at APL. We will see how it goes. At least it's looking healthier than ever!

BerrySara
August 6th, 2019, 03:38 PM
All the lengths I have had so far lol. Cant I just get to new territory already??!

blackgothicdoll
August 6th, 2019, 04:04 PM
All the lengths I have had so far lol. Cant I just get to new territory already??!

This is me :rollin:

Dark40
August 6th, 2019, 04:19 PM

I totally agree with you that shoulder length to boob length is harder to deal with than longer hair. You're right. Long hair is faaaaar easier to tame! And it does give you confidence!!! I also love long hair because it helps you to look and feel feminine as well!

arlangrey17
August 7th, 2019, 08:31 AM
I only had it for a short amount of time when I was 13, but a chin-length bob. I donated my hair and was so excited, only to find out that I looked about half my age with that hair. Within two months, I had gone all the way to pixie length. Needless to say I'm dreading the bob phase of growing out said pixie after almost 7 years.

PallasAthena
August 9th, 2019, 11:18 AM
I like three hairdos on me: super-short, inspired by Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby, Louise Brooks bob, and long and one length like Morticia Addams. Everything in between bob and mid-back is frustrating for me.

ArtOfNoot
September 2nd, 2020, 01:20 AM
About 2 inches past CBL all the way to BSL. I have a very blunt cut with pin straight, fairly thick hair. It looked like I had a yellow rectangle tacked onto the back of my head for the longest time. It had no movement or grace. I absolutely hated it and kept it in twin braids most of the time.

pics shudder: :

https://i.imgur.com/0qhQFIF.jpg?2

https://i.imgur.com/LzheN4A.jpg?2

Bat
September 2nd, 2020, 01:26 AM
anything before shoulder is my awkward stage and when I feel mostly not myself

mermaid lullaby
September 2nd, 2020, 01:44 AM
I did my own hair at home once. It came out at SL so I defiantly feel for you guys! I had a french braid from the moment I could get one to stay.

Lady Stardust
September 2nd, 2020, 02:47 AM
In between chin and shoulder is really awkward on me. I have a long neck and a blunt cut looks like it’s hovering either too low for chin or too short for shoulder. A layered cut looks good, with layers at chin and longer, but it requires product and blow drying to get there, otherwise it just looks crazy.

Dragon
September 2nd, 2020, 03:07 AM
Shoulder length and above because my hair needs a little length for the waves/curls to form properly.

Bri-Chan
September 2nd, 2020, 07:08 AM
Between BSL and WL. I always hated how that length range looks on me.

Hellebore
September 2nd, 2020, 07:49 AM
I'm voting for between chin and shoulder. My hair has this weird bend in it that is very accentuated when I have short hair. In my younger days I would flat iron both sides into oblivion, but now that I'm on no heat that's not an option. Once I'm at SL the weight of my hair straightens the bend out.

Dark40
September 3rd, 2020, 03:57 PM
I hate chin and shoulder length hair. My goal is mid-thigh *sighs wistfully*

TechnoAngel
September 4th, 2020, 07:38 AM
Growing out bangs while the rest of my hair was waistlength.

ynne
September 4th, 2020, 04:30 PM
Somewhere between ear to above shoulders, before it could be put in a ponytail. But shorter than that? That was the easiest to maintain hair I ever had (definitely easier than long hair! and it dried so fast...), so no issues at all. It was just this awkward in-between stage. :)

Philodendron
September 5th, 2020, 01:12 PM
My cringe length is where I'm at right now. Slightly above shoulder. It's not a bob, it's not shoulder long.
I can definitely work with a cute short bob and APL hair, but not this.:rolleyes:

0xalis
September 12th, 2020, 01:24 AM
Everything between freshly buzzed and chin... I really hate pixies on me I much prefer just getting a buzz cut if I'm going to go super-short, and the process of growing out a buzz cut seems to stretch on FOREVER!!!
Ever since my major trim in July where I put myself back at chin from nearly shoulder but now with no layers or bangs, I feel like I've finally truly grown out the buzz cut all the way. My hair cut looks like I got it cut from a much longer length.
Once I get to a blunt chin-length bob, it's pretty much smooth sailing from there. I love my hair now and all I want is more of it!

stephy190
September 12th, 2020, 02:58 AM
Even collarbone back when I had it made me feel insecure. I only felt more secure in myself when my hair was apl. If I was to cut to collarbone or shorter again though I'm not sure how I would feel this time round, I'd maybe like it!