PDA

View Full Version : One year at LHC this month

LauraLongLocks
October 6th, 2014, 06:20 PM
October 2013:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/001.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/001.jpg.html)

October 2014:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/October2014lengthphotos021-1.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/October2014lengthphotos021-1.jpg.html)

I am at my longest ever now, at 32.6" or 83 cm. I keep seeing my signature picture and thinking it is really starting to look long to me. And when I look back on previous pictures it seem so short!

I didn't have any magnificent gains in length this year, but I am content. It's pretty. It's long. It's healthy.

I grew out from a pixie. If you are interested in seeing my 6.5 years of growth, visit my photobucket.

http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/slideshow/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots

hypersensitive
October 6th, 2014, 06:42 PM
It's very pretty! Congrats!

Beckstar
October 6th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Your hair looks very thick and healthy. Beautiful!

momschicklets
October 6th, 2014, 07:21 PM
I've always loved your beautiful hair....it was one of the first I saw when I joined LHC and it so inspired me :) Congrats on your one year anniversary....your hair is more beautiful than ever!

ARG
October 6th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Congratulations, LLL! I love the look of the henna gloss in your hair.

Rushli
October 6th, 2014, 08:07 PM
congrats! It is indeed very pretty!

LauraLongLocks
October 6th, 2014, 09:49 PM
It's very pretty! Congrats!

Your hair looks very thick and healthy. Beautiful!

I've always loved your beautiful hair....it was one of the first I saw when I joined LHC and it so inspired me :) Congrats on your one year anniversary....your hair is more beautiful than ever!

Congratulations, LLL! I love the look of the henna gloss in your hair.

congrats! It is indeed very pretty!

Thank you, everyone! Slow and steady wins the race, right!?

urs
October 7th, 2014, 12:13 AM
congrats on your hair growth journey. Your hair looks fab, thick. Happy 1 year. :)

neko_kawaii
October 7th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Congratulation on one year. Beautiful as always!

Ingrid
October 7th, 2014, 01:23 AM
Congratulations!! Your hair really has grown a lot. It looked healthy and beautiful before, and it's nice to see it longer! :flower:

Federica
October 7th, 2014, 03:43 AM
Congratulations on your first LHC hairyversary!
I've always loved your hair, mirror of your constance and patience.
Great progress so far! keep do what you're doing!

Selkie-
October 7th, 2014, 04:54 AM
Lovely hair - congratulations! :)

Stray_mind
October 7th, 2014, 05:23 AM
Beautiful! Congratulations :)

lapushka
October 7th, 2014, 05:34 AM
You've made good progress in a year, IMO! Keep it up, LLL! I hope you get to your goal length soon. :D Happy growing!!!

Fufu
October 7th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Awesome hair growth :)

veryhairyfairy
October 7th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Congrats on one year! (has it really only been one?!)

Your hair is looking really long, for sure, and a lot healthier, too!

Phexlyn
October 7th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Awesome growth, LauraLongLocks! And very healthy-looking!
Congrats on your hairyversary! :flower:

Vulpes
October 7th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Congratulations! What fabulous growth :)

veryhairyfairy- Your sig is hilarious, by the way, and exactly how I feel right now!

butterfly_dream
October 7th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Congratulations, LLL! Beautiful hair and great growth.

LauraLongLocks
October 7th, 2014, 10:27 AM
congrats on your hair growth journey. Your hair looks fab, thick. Happy 1 year. :)

Congratulation on one year. Beautiful as always!

Congratulations!! Your hair really has grown a lot. It looked healthy and beautiful before, and it's nice to see it longer! :flower:

Congratulations on your first LHC hairyversary!
I've always loved your hair, mirror of your constance and patience.
Great progress so far! keep do what you're doing!

Lovely hair - congratulations! :)

Beautiful! Congratulations :)

You've made good progress in a year, IMO! Keep it up, LLL! I hope you get to your goal length soon. :D Happy growing!!!

Awesome hair growth :)

Congrats on one year! (has it really only been one?!)

Your hair is looking really long, for sure, and a lot healthier, too!

Awesome growth, LauraLongLocks! And very healthy-looking!
Congrats on your hairyversary! :flower:

Congratulations! What fabulous growth :)

veryhairyfairy- Your sig is hilarious, by the way, and exactly how I feel right now!

Congratulations, LLL! Beautiful hair and great growth.

Thank you, everyone! My hair wasn't in bad shape when I came to LHC, but the ends are being a lot better protected now than they were a year ago before I knew so many styles. I've been a lot more diligent with deep conditioning than before joining (though I still can't manage to do it every week), and I have experimented with a lot of different conditioners this year (and henna!). It's been a good year. I have tried some of those online calculators to estimate terminal length and two of them have said I will not make it past 50 inches. My goal is 60 inches, and I want to be there with a thick hem. So I have my doubts if I can actually grow as far as I want to grow, but I'm having fun trying to find out. :) I haven't found my shortest minimum length yet. I think TBL will be the shortest minimum once I get there. :)

Crumpet
October 7th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Beautiful! Your hemline looks even better and it DOES look longer! Such lovely hair.

Agnes Hannah
October 7th, 2014, 11:09 AM
I've admired your hair since you first joined, and its still gorgeous! Happy growing, can't wait to see you at classic!

jacqueline101
October 7th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Your hair looks great. Congrats on the anniversary.

fiğrildi
October 7th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Congratulations, LauraLongLocks!! Your starting length -October 2013- is very much like mine now, so I hope my hair will be as long as yours by next year!
Very beautiful hair, I love the single wave you have at the top. And your ends are perfect :) :flower:

Sparklylady82
October 7th, 2014, 01:39 PM
October 2013:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/001.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/001.jpg.html)

October 2014:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/October2014lengthphotos021-1.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/October2014lengthphotos021-1.jpg.html)

I am at my longest ever now, at 32.6" or 83 cm. I keep seeing my signature picture and thinking it is really starting to look long to me. And when I look back on previous pictures it seem so short!

I didn't have any magnificent gains in length this year, but I am content. It's pretty. It's long. It's healthy.

I grew out from a pixie. If you are interested in seeing my 6.5 years of growth, visit my photobucket.

http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/slideshow/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots

Your hair is gorgeous! I looked at your photobucket and I like it long and short! You have the face for either lucky girl!

ooglipoo
October 7th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Nice work! Keep it up. :flower:

Quasiquixotic
October 7th, 2014, 01:56 PM
I love it!! Thank you for sharing! Beautiful :joy:

leilani
October 7th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Congratulations, great hair!!!!

cathair
October 7th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Happy anniversary Laura! :cake: I think your ends look even nice now than when you had shorter hair. That's very impressive while still growing :)

Sarahlabyrinth
October 7th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Beautiful hair, LLL! Glossy. Thick and to-die-for ends! What's not to like? :) Lovely! HAPPY 1st HAIRIVERSARY!

Stiria
October 7th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! It looks very healthy. Happy anniversary!:blossom:

Vanilla
October 7th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Congrats on your hairiversary! I also love the henna sheen on you. So pretty!

swearnsue
October 7th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Your hair looks longer and thicker too. Your hair care really shows in the perfect ends.

Doesn't time fly? A whole year already!

LauraLongLocks
October 7th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Beautiful! Your hemline looks even better and it DOES look longer! Such lovely hair.

I've admired your hair since you first joined, and its still gorgeous! Happy growing, can't wait to see you at classic!

Your hair looks great. Congrats on the anniversary.

Congratulations, LauraLongLocks!! Your starting length -October 2013- is very much like mine now, so I hope my hair will be as long as yours by next year!
Very beautiful hair, I love the single wave you have at the top. And your ends are perfect :) :flower:

Your hair is gorgeous! I looked at your photobucket and I like it long and short! You have the face for either lucky girl!

Nice work! Keep it up. :flower:

I love it!! Thank you for sharing! Beautiful :joy:

Congratulations, great hair!!!!

Happy anniversary Laura! :cake: I think your ends look even nice now than when you had shorter hair. That's very impressive while still growing :)

Beautiful hair, LLL! Glossy. Thick and to-die-for ends! What's not to like? :) Lovely! HAPPY 1st HAIRIVERSARY!

Your hair is so beautiful! It looks very healthy. Happy anniversary!:blossom:

Congrats on your hairiversary! I also love the henna sheen on you. So pretty!

Your hair looks longer and thicker too. Your hair care really shows in the perfect ends.

Doesn't time fly? A whole year already!

Thank you, all. I have more wave to my hair than shown in my current photo, but I must have blow dried it all out (just hard to blow dry the very top of my head, I guess, ha ha) for that picture. I promise I blow dried on cool.

When my hair was shorter, I heat styled it some of the time and I sort of went for an edgy/choppy look. That's probably why my ends didn't look as nice then as they do now. The first 12-18 months after my pixie I wasn't sure I wanted to go long again. Previous to the pixie I had grew my hair to MBL and kept it there for 8 years. People told me how cute and fresh the short hair was, and said it took ten years off my age. I was 31 years old then, and thought, "Oh my gosh, I look like a 21 year old kid?!?!" When I decided to go long again it was because an old friend from high school saw me. I had short hair in high school. This friend saw me with my short hair and I thought, "This isn't me! I've had long hair! This isn't what I really look like!" I knew then I needed to grow it out long again, because my hair is long. That's part of my identity. I rocked every length and had as much fun with it as possible though. If anyone else here is growing out a pixie, my advice is DO NOT WAIT TO LOVE YOUR HAIR. Enjoy it at every stage, and have fun with it.

All through my grow-out I have trimmed an average of 3-4 times a year, and had a few mishaps along the way with scissor happy stylists cutting too much, chopping unwanted layers, and razoring face frame into my hair. Starting about three years ago I read somewhere online (maybe here) that if I didn't want to have too much hair taken off at a trim, I needed to ask for something called a "dusting." That was a new term for me. I tried it when I went to the salon for my trims and it worked! I told them I wanted to see dust on the floor and that's what I got EVERY TIME. I still had my hair mishandled with rough combing and piling during shampooing and such, but at least I knew what to ask for and how to get a trim instead of a hack-job.

This year is when I took trimming into my own hands. I started the year off not trimming, but by June I was becoming very unhappy with my ends. I was accustomed to fresher, nicer ends, and wanted to keep that quality in my hair. So I started microtrimming 5 mm a month, and I'm loving it. I have a few inches left until I cut the face frame completely out, and my last actual layer is just about an inch or so above my hemline. I'm making good progress on it, and love the fresh nice ends I have as a result of the trimming. Five millimeters a month doesn't feel like too much to part with right now, but once I get through those last pieces of face-frame I'm probably going to reduce the frequency of my trimming. For those who want to know, I am using Feye's blunt method, with my chin to chest as I pull my ponytail holder down my length. I am hoping for a slight undercut from this technique.

I found LHC a year ago because I was looking for long hair styles. My search took me to YouTube and here, to the "How are you wearing your hair today?" thread. I never had an actual defined long-term goal with my hair length, but when you sign up for your account at LHC the profile questions ask your length goal. I chose knee length as my goal. I want hair that is long enough to be unique, but short enough I can still wear it down for special occasions. I want it long enough I have limitless options for styling. I think anywhere from TBL to knee would be amazingly long and beautiful on me. I hope I can make it to great lengths and keep a nice hem in the process.

Thanks for celebrating my first anniversary with me, everyone. I'm probably going to be here a long time with my lofty length goal. :)

OUKess
October 7th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Beautiful Laura!!

irishlady
October 7th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! Looks quite similar to my natural colour (I have darkened it with henna and indigo/naturtint). Congrats!!! :)