PDA

View Full Version : One Year of Growth and a change! (pic heavy)

JessicaAnn
October 6th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Yesterday was one year to the day that I cut off over a foot of hair to donate. I did this in the middle of some really awful personal struggles. I, of course, immediately regretted cutting off so much even though I had been planning the donation for more than two years and had a slight meltdown. It was over more than the hair, but the hair was the thing I had to look at every day. I'm happy to say that a year later my hair has grown approximately 10-inches and is in really great shape considering I've not had any trims. The personal struggles are still there, some more immediate than others. But time has a funny way of scabbing over old wounds and growing out bad haircuts. Without further ado, here are the pictures!

Front!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13660&d=1412615948

Side! (Check out this awesome ponytail action!)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13661&d=1412615949

Back!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13659&d=1412615947

And now, in celebration of surviving this wretched year, I went Red!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13662&d=1412616051

It's a demi-perm dye, so it will fade, but I'm loving it right now. I was at one point a natural dark redhead, but it faded over the years to a brassy brown. I'm glad to be back to red and to have my long locks back. Thanks for the support everyone! Now on to waist length!

melusine963
October 6th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Your hair grows amazingly fast! Red suits you. :)

fiğrildi
October 6th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Congratulations, JessicaAnn! :D
You've got an amazing growth there, and the last picture is hilarious; I agree with melusine963, red suits you so well!
Also, your ends are in a spectacular condition, considering that you have not trimmed in a year! I bet that you'll reach waist sooner than you expect :thumbsup:
Happy growing!

swearnsue
October 6th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Love the red! Looks great on you!

lapushka
October 6th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Congrats on the growth. And the red is a nice touch! :D

butterflybutton
October 6th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Your growth is amazing and inspiring!

SnottyDotty
October 6th, 2014, 06:16 PM
The red looks stunning on you. Congratulations on your growth and for surviving :)

Goodwyfe
October 6th, 2014, 06:20 PM
I'm inspired to continue my own one-year major chop grow-out. Thanks for posting!

LauraLongLocks
October 6th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Nice grow-out. You are well on your way. Love the red. :)

Beckstar
October 6th, 2014, 07:13 PM
wow! That's quiet a lot of growth and the color is wonderful.

urs
October 7th, 2014, 12:15 AM
great growth, your hair grows really fast. Congrats, and the red looks fab.:)

Fufu
October 7th, 2014, 01:55 AM
Beautiful growth, and enjoy your new red hair :)

Phexlyn
October 7th, 2014, 08:24 AM
The ponytail is looking fantastic! Congrats on your anniversary, your hair is beautiful - and the red is lovely (even if it's not permanent)! :flower:

butterfly_dream
October 7th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Congratulations, JessicaAnn! The red looks stunning on you.
Well, I'm biased. ;)

winship2
October 8th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Wow, color and hair quality look fantastic! Very pretty, and I love the last photo :)

Rushli
October 8th, 2014, 11:30 PM
Yay for red! Looks great!

DreamSheep
October 9th, 2014, 04:32 AM
Beautiful hair!! :D And so thick!!

JessicaAnn
October 9th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Thanks everyone! I am LOVING the red hair! And I swear it feels healthier. I shampooed my hair Tuesday night for the first time since I colored it and it brightened up some. My shower did still look like a wee murder scene when I was rinsing, so I'm thinking there was some excess dye hiding out in there. I'm making an appointment for next week to get my side bangs trimmed and my layers blended so the waves lay a little better. I should be able to do that without losing more than half an inch or so. I'm looking forward to having fresh ends to pet and some defined (long) bangs that I don't have to fish out of my hairline every time I wear a pony.

Nightshade
October 9th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Someone hide the henna bug before it bites her XD