PDA

View Full Version : Bangs/no bangs - help? (pictures!)

Yuuki
October 5th, 2014, 02:58 PM
I have a dilemma and need some help! I have always felt self concious about my forehead so as a result I've had bangs most of my life. At the moment I have side bangs. When I have straight bangs I tend to look 12 years old (I'm 24 and already get told I look under 18!) so those are a complete no go.

I've been thinking of finally growing out my bangs.. but I'm still unsure. What do you guys think? Here's some pictures of me with/without bangs:

Side bangs:

^ This is the most recent photo. excuse the awkward expression but this is what my bangs are like at the moment.
a few more from 1/2 years ago:

[B]
Without bangs:
It was hard to find pictures! But I had some from last summer.

What do you guys think?

Fairlight63
October 5th, 2014, 03:05 PM
WOW-you are so pretty! You look good either way - but I like the looks of NO BANGS better - it shows off your beautiful face & does not cover it up.

Begemot
October 5th, 2014, 03:21 PM
You are very pretty in every picture but ohh I love the last one with middle parting and side swept bangs! I can't think of many who can look that good with that type of fringe. But I can imagne it can be a hassle to keep and style (bangs flippin' around etc).
I think you look good either way, bangs or no bangs, but they really do suit you :)

heyitsmiriam
October 5th, 2014, 03:39 PM
I adore your hair in the last picture :) Personally, I think bangs on you is a good option because it frames your face very nicely. Both ways looks nice, but I'd definitely say bangs!

Larki
October 5th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Another vote for bangs, but you can't go wrong with either option!

hennalonghair
October 5th, 2014, 04:30 PM
You are cute as a button. The great thing about bangs is that they are very versatile. You can work with them or hide them for a completely different look. I've had bangs for about 25 years now and really enjoy them.
You can colour them with manic panic Its harmless yet bold.:blossom:

divinedobbie
October 5th, 2014, 05:41 PM
I like the very last picture best, but overall I prefer no bangs on you.

mamaherrera
October 5th, 2014, 06:45 PM
I go for bangs, but I am biased with bangs, because I have a forehead that I can't stand. So I hide it with bangs, and when I put my bangs up to wash my face, I "almost" scare myself, I'm so used to bangs. But either way, we're perfect the way we're made, it's just that we get used to seeing ourselves a certain way!!

DarleneH
October 5th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Bangs. You can always brush/pin them out of the way if you want a no-fringe look.

TSwan
October 5th, 2014, 06:47 PM
I think the last picture of you is gorgeous! So I'm voting for no bangs :)

TSwan
October 5th, 2014, 06:49 PM
I think the last picture of you is gorgeous! So I'm voting for no bangs :)

I should clarify; it looks like you have bangs, but that they aren't over your face
I think that style (the parting), without any bangs (or, instead of bangs, with face framing layers) would be lovely on you :)

Macaroni
October 5th, 2014, 07:27 PM
I vote bangs if they're wispy like Reese Witherspoon.

legendya
October 6th, 2014, 12:51 AM
I think you look better with bangs. Have you ever considered full bangs?

Fufu
October 6th, 2014, 01:04 AM
You look great, tough to choose.

I do like your bangs best for the last pic.

I second Legendya, have you tried full bangs?

flemeister
October 6th, 2014, 01:45 AM
The first pic is utterly gorgeous! :cloud9:

+1 for side bangs or no bangs. :)

Quahatundightu
October 6th, 2014, 03:34 AM
The thing about having bangs is that you are so used to them you think you look horrible without them. But you don't!! If you want to grow them out I say give it a go, see if you get used to it and if you like it better. If you don't, it's easy to cut them back in.

Yuuki
October 6th, 2014, 04:15 AM
Thanks so much for the lovely replies, everyone! I'm still quite new to LHC and was a bit nervous to post pictures so thank you all for the kind words!

Some of you suggested full, straight bangs but as I mentioned in my first post I already look quite young for my age and straight bangs make me look like a twelve year old! :P So I really do not like them.

Some of you liked the last picture and I quite like them like that, myself. The bangs are still there but they are long enough so that they aren't annoying but they still frame my face. I might go for that for the time being, and grow them from there, perhaps as face framing layers :)

The thing about having bangs is that you are so used to them you think you look horrible without them. But you don't!! If you want to grow them out I say give it a go, see if you get used to it and if you like it better. If you don't, it's easy to cut them back in.

Thank you :) And I completely agree with you. I don't remember a time when I didn't have bangs, so it's very easy to feel self conscious without them! When I was younger I had terrible acne and used to use my hair/bangs to hide behind, too (which was a terrible idea looking back). It will probably be nice to show off my now clear forehead :o

princesspoppy
October 6th, 2014, 04:46 AM
I like no bangs! I recon long face framing layers that aren't short enough to be bang would be perfect :)

Mimha
October 6th, 2014, 04:47 AM
Hello Yuuki.

You are so cute a girl (either ways^^), with an absolutely flawless skin and beautifuly shaped high forehead that gives a lot of "personality" to your face ! Why hide it ?... Well, I don't speak neutral as I'm also concerned by having a very large and high forehead !^^ Despite the fact that my mother always wanted me to hide it with a **%ç* fringe, I love my big forehead !! I feel "myself" with it, to face the people and the world. I don't know how to explain : it was my way to show I could be stubborn and decide for myself, lol. I have always hated bangs and any kind of hair to get in front of my face,
1) because I felt anonymous
2) because it was looking "poor" and quickly oily (I had oily skin most of my life)
3) because I have a long nose and without this huge forehead to balance it I had the feeling that my nose was even longer
4) because due to my high forehead I do not have a lot of hair on the top of my head, and I didn't want to sacrifice 10 more cm of hair for a fringe. I prefer to have a more beautiful and thicker mass of hair to let it grow.
5) because I personnally think that having "something hanging on your forehead" kills the harmony of the neck-and-head line when wearing an updo... but this is very esthetical and personal point of view :)

Difficult choice ! :D oh and I have one more argument : once you cut your fringe, it's very very long to catch up if you decide to let it grow !... ;)

Phexlyn
October 6th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Some of you liked the last picture and I quite like them like that, myself. The bangs are still there but they are long enough so that they aren't annoying but they still frame my face. I might go for that for the time being, and grow them from there, perhaps as face framing layers :)

I don't remember a time when I didn't have bangs, so it's very easy to feel self conscious without them! When I was younger I had terrible acne and used to use my hair/bangs to hide behind, too (which was a terrible idea looking back). It will probably be nice to show off my now clear forehead :o
I prefer the last picture, too, but I could easily see you with even longer bangs/face-framing layers.
That said, if you have any intention of looking more your age - ditch the bangs! Not because "no bangs" makes you look older, but showing off your forehead, and keeping your hair out of your face will come across as less playful and more mature than bangs. I'm biased, of course, because I do have the same problem and I gave up the long bangs because I looked like one of my own students ;)

How are you wearing your hair most of the time? Up or down? Braids, buns? You should take into account how your daily styles will look with and without bangs before making a decision as well!

fairy_hair
October 6th, 2014, 09:26 AM
I like no bangs more, and I think you would look best without them :) I got one cut a couple years ago, and now its still only just past shoulder length :(

kittenface
October 6th, 2014, 09:34 AM
You look good both ways imo, I think it depends more on whether you often feel like your bangs are in the way, or whether you enjoy having them.

fiğrildi
October 6th, 2014, 09:57 AM
I vote for no bangs :)
You're very pretty with or without them, but personally, I think you look even prettier with no bangs :)