PDA

View Full Version : There is a Ravenscroft like moon

lunasea
October 5th, 2014, 12:52 PM
On Larks Hair sticks on Etsy RIGHT NOW! It's too big for me....

https://www.etsy.com/listing/205986406/ravenscroft-approved-moon-purple?ref=pr_faveshops

pastina
October 5th, 2014, 12:54 PM
oh that's lovely! is it paint, do you think?

lunasea
October 5th, 2014, 12:59 PM
I don't know. You could ask...I wonder how long it will last and if they will be doing more. It looks REALLY good to me.

lunasea
October 5th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Gosh that's pretty; I love purple!

ETA: I just realized I should have put up a link:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/205986406/ravenscroft-approved-moon-purple?ref=pr_faveshops

DweamGoiL
October 5th, 2014, 01:06 PM
It is very pretty, but to be perfectly honest; one thing gives me pause - What exactly does "RavensCroft approved" mean? That statement alone makes me not want to touch it even if I had the proverbial 10 foot pole. I am just so over the histrionics...sorry!

slynr
October 5th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Per ravenscroft Facebook page she is teaming with larks to produce moons. I think the goal is to make ravenscroft moons more avalible more often.

Kherome
October 5th, 2014, 01:14 PM
It's no different than any other moon. The owner of Larks is a fantastic woodworker and friends with the owner of Ravenscroft. She asked Lark to help make the moons so they could be more available. Not a big deal, just a great thing for anyone looking for a moon. It was all on FB.

And that purple color isn't just paint. It's some kind of special (and apparently difficult to work with) finish that Lark uses on some of her stuff. I inquired about it myself because I love purple. You can look in Lark's sold items to see more that she has done. It's really nice.

ETA:

Lark: I know I haven't said much about taking over doing some moons for RavensCroft but I plan on keeping things pretty similar to how Shirl Ann had things set up.
While I am going to stay with her rule of no customs I will be happy to consider any suggestions or requests of what everyone would like to see in the future!
These two moons will be listed later today and I have one more like the Wedge waiting on the finish to set and several that will be painted this week. I will do my best to keep everyone updated on here.
Thank you Shirl Ann for allowing me to create these!

lunasea
October 5th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the updates everyone! I'm lucky enough to already have a moon. I just wanted to do a "heads up" since I regularly see ISO posts.

ETA: It sold already; I hope somebody's dream came true!

Scarlet_Heart
October 5th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Also, Larks is paying Ravenscroft a royalty for each moon sold.

Kherome
October 6th, 2014, 09:18 AM
She has actually sold quite a few moons already.