PDA

View Full Version : serious hair colour crisis

Stray_mind
October 2nd, 2014, 01:56 PM
Hi guys,

I really am at loss here what to do. I can't decide if i want to grow out my natural colour or if i want to keep henna. I want both equally, so i need your advice. Please, tell me wich looks better on me:

My natural hair (old picture). I can't resize my picture in photobucket, so i add a link:
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/103_0988.jpg
Or my hennaed hair:
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/angel_corpse_album002/10562957_790623934310968_6853954993417158178_n_zps 1c129e41.jpg

Please tell me your Honest oppinion, i will not get offended :)

Sarahlabyrinth
October 2nd, 2014, 02:04 PM
I love both colours on you - probably a slight preference for the henna.

Larki
October 2nd, 2014, 02:06 PM
They both look great, but I also prefer the henna!

battles
October 2nd, 2014, 02:08 PM
I prefer your natural color. :) It's really soft and natural and gorgeous. The henna is nice, but I don't think it quite matches your skin tone and it's a little bright.

Nieve
October 2nd, 2014, 02:09 PM
They are both lovely but personally I think your natural colour suits you more! Because you want both colours perhaps you could grow your natural colour and also keep the henna. Best of both worlds and I am sure it would look gorgeous!

slynr
I LOVE your natural color! So very beautiful!

TheIronMaiden
Wow, tricky question. I will try to answer it the best I can (and I'm a sucker for red hair). On one hand your henna colour is SUPER pretty, but on the other hand I do think that a cooler colour works better with the undertones of your skin.

lapushka
October 2nd, 2014, 02:10 PM
I like your natural hair best. Suits your skin tone so much better than the darker red.

Lyv
October 2nd, 2014, 02:11 PM
I like your natural color the most!

Nightshade
October 2nd, 2014, 02:14 PM
I suppose I can be unhelpful and suggest a henna gloss for something in the middle? :)

Komao
October 2nd, 2014, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE=Stray_mind;2837427]Hi guys,

I really am at loss here what to do. I can't decide if i want to grow out my natural colour or if i want to keep henna. I want both equally, so i need your advice. Please, tell me wich looks better on me:

I guess I won't be much help. I love your natural color but I also think the henna looks very good on you. If I had to make a choice, I then would go with your natural color. :)

Wosie
October 2nd, 2014, 02:17 PM
You have a very pretty face, so you'd look nice with any hair colour you choose to have! I prefer your natural hair colour personally, but I normally always prefer people's natural hair colours over... chemically coloured hair colours (this sounds odd). %)

gustavonut
October 2nd, 2014, 02:18 PM
Hi guys,

My natural hair (old picture). I can't resize my picture in photobucket, so i add a link:
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/103_0988.jpg
Or my hennaed hair:
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/angel_corpse_album002/10562957_790623934310968_6853954993417158178_n_zps 1c129e41.jpg

Please tell me your Honest oppinion, i will not get offended :)

Your natural hair fits you better and looks so much nicer.

Stray_mind
October 2nd, 2014, 02:21 PM
So i guess natural wins then.. Well, most of you just confirmed my own thoughts. I like henna very much, but i want to go make up free and with henna my face would kinda fade with this bright colour. :) I guess i'll gather my patience and grow it out afterall.
Thank you all for your oppinions :grouphug: If i change my mind in the process or just don't like how it looks, i can allways henna, right?... :) (I actually forgot how it REALLY looks.... Not in the picture, irl..)

Begemot
October 2nd, 2014, 02:22 PM
You look so pretty in the picture with henna'd hair, great shade :) But either way is nice!

lazuliblue
October 2nd, 2014, 02:24 PM
I realise that you have now decided, but have another vote for your natural colour!

GetMeToWaist
October 2nd, 2014, 02:37 PM
Natural looks BEAUTIFUL. It really goes with your skin and makes you look very English Rose-esque.

maskedrose
October 2nd, 2014, 02:41 PM
Another vote for your natural color...I think it is really stunning and is a perfect match for your skin :)

Stray_mind
October 2nd, 2014, 02:42 PM
Thank you for all the compliments..:o I didn't really like my natural hair that much, but i still want it to be virgin again somehow...

divinedobbie
October 2nd, 2014, 02:47 PM
I have to say that I think you can pull off henna really well but your natural colour is beautiful.

It's soo ironic though because this morning I was going to post the exact same thread topic (but I ran out of time) because I can't decide either. Now I feel like a copy cat! :p

Stray_mind
October 2nd, 2014, 02:52 PM
Heyy, you can post your pictures here! Everyone who can't decide on hair colour could post here, so the thread would stay alive a bit longer :)

DreamSheep
October 2nd, 2014, 04:06 PM
I prefer your natural color, or would go for a henna gloss :)

woodswanderer
October 2nd, 2014, 04:14 PM
I say natural or a lighter henna. I think that henna shade is a bit to vivid for your coloring. Maybe a strawberry blond would be good on you.

Melispelos
October 2nd, 2014, 04:21 PM
Wow, its a tough one. I really love the red henna on you (Im a fan of red hair in general, though), but if you're getting tired of the upkeep, or of looking at it, your natural color is beautiful and worth showing :) be sure to find a way to neutralize the redness in some way so your hair isn't so two-toned in the process of growing it out.

RainbowBowser
October 2nd, 2014, 04:24 PM
1. you're gorgeous <3
2. Natural imo :3

Lady Mary
October 2nd, 2014, 05:16 PM
This is hard because I really do love the look of henna but your natural color is lovely and if it were me, I'd go with the natural color.

Chocowalnut
October 2nd, 2014, 05:22 PM
I like you with your natural color the most, but the henna is pretty too. I am currently growing out my henna to my natural color and it is definitely a pain, so if you are ok with going through that, I would say grow it out.

chelsea89ms
October 2nd, 2014, 06:03 PM
I love your natural color I think it looks gorgeous!

I suppose I can be unhelpful and suggest a henna gloss for something in the middle? :)

Nightshade, I may be coming to you for a henna/indigo mix in a few months. Im growing out my henna/indigo and once I can get an idea what my natural shade is I may do one last application thats between the two shades.

spidermom
October 2nd, 2014, 06:47 PM
In the pictures shared, your natural color seems to blend too much with your skin tone and you look kind of washed out. I think the henna enlivens your whole face. I like it.

turtlelover
October 2nd, 2014, 07:18 PM
In the pictures shared, your natural color seems to blend too much with your skin tone and you look kind of washed out. I think the henna enlivens your whole face. I like it.

I'm kind of with Spidermom on this one. I LOVE the henna on you, though I can understand the maintenance could be annoying after awhile.

elsieivy
October 2nd, 2014, 10:29 PM
I really like the henna. I wish my hair was light enough for my henna to look like that. If you're not sure about it though you could use a temporary red dye like Adore for a while.

wavesgalore
October 2nd, 2014, 10:42 PM
I saw that you've decided to stay with your natural color, but because a few people have 'voted' henna since then, I want to let you know that I also think your natural haircolor looks better on you. The henna is a pretty color in itself, but I think your own coloring, being softer, gets overwhelmed by it. Your natural color really makes your eyes pop, and compliments your skin-tone rather than competing with it.

mamaherrera
October 2nd, 2014, 11:06 PM
I think the natural color makes you look younger and more innocent!!

Adiro
October 2nd, 2014, 11:11 PM
I like your natural color best! Beside, you are so young, you can still wear natural hair color, without having to deal with grays.... you have all the time ahead of you to color your hair later....
I miss the time when i could wear my natural hair color, now I have to use color ( and I use chemicals) just to try to replicate what I used to have when younger....

Dreams_in_Pink
October 3rd, 2014, 12:24 AM
I'm a bit biased here because i love all kinds of red hair on people. My vote goes for henna, because it makes fair skinned people stand out more IMO; especially those with colored eyes like you.

SkyChild
October 3rd, 2014, 12:33 AM
You're so cute ^^

I like both but am a sucker for red hair, so would always choose the henna

Ingrid
October 3rd, 2014, 01:29 AM
I love your natural colour on you. Henna is awesome but I think your natural colour suits you better according to my aesthetic tastes. It really depends on what kind of look you want to achieve.

Fira
October 3rd, 2014, 02:52 AM
Both are beautiful and suit you. I would still vote for your natural hair color, because it changes with time, then you get grays and you can not have it anymore... The red you will still be able to have later if you want.

Selkie-
October 3rd, 2014, 03:16 AM
Your natural colour is really beautiful and brings out your gorgeous milky skin tone. Absolutely lovely!! :crush:

Selkie-
October 3rd, 2014, 03:18 AM

I respectfully really do not agree with this. :)

Mimha
October 3rd, 2014, 03:35 AM
Hello Stray_mind.

I have fully answered this quetion on Divinedobbie's thread and I would not change a word if I had to reply to you ! ;)

You are naturally beautiful. Do you really need to add something that you may regret later on ?...

Stray_mind
October 3rd, 2014, 03:36 AM
Wow, i've counted the votes. Only 10 for henna and 24 for natural color :) Hm.. Maybe i should've made a poll instead. Would be easier. Anyways, natural still wins and you really help me decide easier. I kind of started looking at my own natural colour differently. I've been going on and off with the idea of growing out. Mostly because i know it will take me AT LEAST two years to get to APL.(the lenght i am at now).. And yet the ombre effect should be very interesting, especially if my henna fades out a little bit with time...And my buns and braids will have a weird but fun accent to it i guess... Of course i kind of got used to hennaing itself.. It's such a pleasant procedure for me, and the smell is amazing (for me), but i guess i could replace it with natural hair masks and oiling..

Phexlyn
October 3rd, 2014, 04:50 AM
I prefer the natural colour. It makes your skin glow and suits you very well - not that the henna looks bad, it's just not a natural look.
If you don't mind the dyed look (IMHO) and are ok with the upkeep, it's up to you, though.

Edit: I just noticed you've already made up your mind. Best of luck in the process and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your ombre locks!

lapushka
October 3rd, 2014, 04:58 AM
Since the vote is diverse, I'd say go with the henna if you want to do root touch-ups every month or month and a half, and you don't mind keeping up with it. Go with natural if you don't want any fuss.

Tabamnoc
October 3rd, 2014, 08:37 AM
I'm quite partial to the natural color on you, I think it looks lovely personally. The henna suits you too but if I had to vote for one it'd be the natural

Fufu
October 4th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Im voting for the henna :)

Still, go with your heart :) You look great and I think most color will suit you well.

maegalcarwen
October 5th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Wow, tricky question. I will try to answer it the best I can (and I'm a sucker for red hair). On one hand your henna colour is SUPER pretty, but on the other hand I do think that a cooler colour works better with the undertones of your skin.

I couldn't agree more.

Beckstar
October 5th, 2014, 07:41 AM
I think your natural color is gorgeous! I wouldn't change a single thing about it. The henna looks good too but I think your natural color really is prettier.

palaeoqueen
October 5th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Your natural colour is beautiful, it's much better on you than the henna.

Sofialu
October 13th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Your natural colour is beautiful, it's much better on you than the henna.

Completely agree with Palaeoqueen :)

Agnieszka
October 13th, 2014, 03:19 PM
In my opinion much better natural. You are so pretty btw.

Sock-eater
October 13th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Hmm... this is hard... I think your natural colour suits your skin tone better but I like the unusual colour of the Henna hair better if I'm totally honest. I'm thinking of going for a Henna gloss though so I might be somewhat biased.