PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious scalp itch?

LadyCelestina
October 2nd, 2014, 12:17 PM
I had the strangest case of itchy scalp happen and wonder if anyone ever experienced anything like that and what might have caused it.It was on a lesson ( does anyone gets itchies from history :lol: ) and it caused like a small itch where my hairstick was out of place,then spread all over and gradually got worse.It lasted for the whole lesson,I couldn't wait to get out and scratch scratch scratch.Then it lasted for a bit after I scratched my scalp and went away compeltely.
I don't normally get an inchy scalp and it wasn't too oily.

Thoughts?

brickworld13
October 2nd, 2014, 12:57 PM
Gremlins are giving you phantom itchies! :lol: It was probably just a nerve that was being a bother.

lapushka
October 2nd, 2014, 01:18 PM
An itch that lasts about an hour then vanishes? Odd.

LadyCelestina
October 2nd, 2014, 01:42 PM
Gremlins with a timer :D I didn't know nerves could cause itchies,I mean yes I know nerves cause itchies but you know what I mean :D I though when a nerve is being a bother it causes pain,like that thing when a patch of your skin becomes extremely sensitive to touch.

brickworld13
October 2nd, 2014, 01:45 PM
Itching is actually a pain response. A very very mild one.

MsPharaohMoan
October 2nd, 2014, 11:25 PM
Itching is actually a pain response. A very very mild one.

Interesting. And since we have sensory nerves wrapped around the base of our hair follicles, your hair must have been pulling in an odd direction or needed adjusting and the nerve was agitated, eliciting the itching feeling.

At least, that's my hypothesis. I fully expect gremlin-believers to call me a witch.

Estrid
October 2nd, 2014, 11:29 PM
I had something similar some days ago...but my itch didn't increase, it moved along the part and then went away! And no lice, lol, I checked ;)