PDA

View Full Version : Does your hair ever try to murder you?

nerdymomma
October 1st, 2014, 07:29 PM
Mine did today. I was driving on this gorgeous fall day enjoying some time away from my kids, hair down, rockin' out to some classic rock, windows down, for 35 seconds enjoying feeling not like a mom of 3 and another on the way. All of a sudden this witchy wind blasted in and turned my hair into a lethal weapon. I couldn't see, it was in my nose and mouth and it wrapped around my neck...this is so not how I remember this going in college.

DreamSheep
October 1st, 2014, 07:37 PM
Yes! :D
More than once in the shower, and occasionally in my sleep, it has turned into this deadly thick sheet that blindfolds me, gags me and suffocates me. Actually it's the fact my hair blocks out ALL light when it is in my face that is simultaneously scary and great (don't need sunglasses/sleeping goggles ever!).

I have also accidentally (and occasionally on purpose) whipped friends with my ponytails whilst turning in dancing. :p

In fact, this post has reminded me of a fun post-quiz I really want to make sometime... :D

turtlelover
October 1st, 2014, 08:00 PM
Mine tries to kill me daily, and it is only shoulder length!!!! :rolleyes:

Lady Katherine
October 1st, 2014, 08:03 PM
Yes! It tries to kill me in my sleep. Or when I'm walking on a windy day. Tripping for no apparent reason is so attractive....

spirals
October 1st, 2014, 08:14 PM
Sleep braids wrapped around my neck. I'm going to have to do french braids from now on and later fold them up.

nerdymomma
October 1st, 2014, 08:28 PM
It seems my hair is in good company.

jacqueline101
October 1st, 2014, 08:38 PM
My hair does this all the time for no apparent reason. It tries to do it when it's in a pony tail and defiantly when it's loose.

Anje
October 1st, 2014, 08:57 PM
Sleep braids around the neck are bad, but there's nothing like a wall of wet hair covering your nose and mouth when you come up for air when swimming hard!

Avis
October 1st, 2014, 08:58 PM
It doesn't usually try to hurt me but it does try to embarrass me. :rolleyes:

Lunnafindel
October 1st, 2014, 10:11 PM
Yes! Literally. Once when I was dancing and (stupidly) had my hair in a braid, it whipped out and wrapped around someone ELSE's neck -nearly strangling them and breaking my neck at the same time! Thankfully we got ourselves untangled with little actual harm done, but I only dance with a bun now.

NormaJean
October 1st, 2014, 10:25 PM
Once when I was young, I fell asleep with headphones on and they and my hair conspired against me. Wrapped around my neck and mom said I was turning blue when she walked in (but she could be exaggerating. I either didn't wake up or didn't wake up all the way when she unraveled the headphones for me). Good thing we were RV camping and I'd just decided to nap in the middle of the day....

Trin
October 1st, 2014, 10:28 PM
Yay, I'm not the only one!

My hair loves to whip around and hit people when they startle me, and greatly enjoys wrapping around anything near it, such as arms, necks, heads, cats, etc. You can imagine the fun when the victim of my hair's attack awakes.