PDA

View Full Version : So what natural products do you guys get on Amazon that actually work?

gustavonut
October 1st, 2014, 04:36 PM
Right now my cart just has Hesh Pharma Amla Hair Powder(so far).
I have never tried it but I heard a lot of good reviews on it.

What are some oils or any products that you guys would recommend? :confused:

gustavonut
October 1st, 2014, 04:46 PM
So far I can say that rosemary oil has worked quite well for me to thicken my hair. I've also used olive oil but don't plan on wasting that on my hair again. Annnnd Tea Tree oil also worked pretty good, it also makes your scalp feel tingly.

nerdymomma
October 1st, 2014, 04:50 PM
Trying to think, off the top of my head I know I've bought BBBs, wooden combs, and spin pins on amazon. I have seen wooden forks and sticks there, not sure what the LHC opinion of them is, but the reviews seem positive. I know you can also get tangle teezers and so many different kinds of shampoo there as well. Oh, hair oils too! Just check out the ingredients, many seem to have cones which you may or may not desire.

gustavonut
October 1st, 2014, 04:53 PM
Trying to think, off the top of my head I know I've bought BBBs, wooden combs, and spin pins on amazon. I have seen wooden forks and sticks there, not sure what the LHC opinion of them is, but the reviews seem positive. I know you can also get tangle teezers and so many different kinds of shampoo there as well. Oh, hair oils too! Just check out the ingredients, many seem to have cones which you may or may not desire.

Yeah it's kind of hard to make up my mind when it comes down to shopping for my hair. Especially when I'm looking for natural stuff. I plan on buying all my future brushes and combs in real life though for future reference!

nerdymomma
October 1st, 2014, 05:02 PM
I just found a decent BBB at Sally's beauty supply. And they have wide tooth plastic shower combs that are very smooth, no sharp seams to snag hair.

gustavonut
October 1st, 2014, 05:05 PM
Mine is pretty decent too..the problem is, I live with 4 other girls and they all try to use it too. So of course it's greasy now and I don't know how to clean it best :(

nerdymomma
October 1st, 2014, 05:13 PM
Gentle shampoo, a dab of oil (iirc) and let it dry thoroughly. Madora has a great BBBing post, let me find it for you.

nerdymomma
October 1st, 2014, 05:20 PM
Here it is!http://web.archive.org/web/20120527181727/http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=229

gustavonut
October 1st, 2014, 05:25 PM
Here it is!http://web.archive.org/web/20120527181727/http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=229

She did help me a lot already, and thank you! The picture of her doing it helped me understand what she meant.

gustavonut
October 1st, 2014, 05:29 PM
Has anyone ever tried this powder? If so tell me your experience!

gustavonut
October 1st, 2014, 06:14 PM
I have considered trying hemp oil. :disco:

Rushli
October 1st, 2014, 07:12 PM
I have gotten a ton of things on amazon....
Kiss me whenever condish and poo
Use to use the yes to carrots condish and poo
I have tried a couple different raw Shea butters

Oils
Jojoba
Almond
Avocado
Argon
Castor
Evening prim rosé
Apricot
Emu (more for skin than hair)
Tamanu

Herbs/ teas as rinses (and of course to drink)
Roobios
Camomile
Rose hips
Lavender
Hibiscus

I still need to try black Jamaican castor oil and catnip tea.
Let me know if you want a brand of anything I use and I can go look.

gustavonut
October 1st, 2014, 07:18 PM
I have gotten a ton of things on amazon....
Kiss me whenever condish and poo
Use to use the yes to carrots condish and poo
I have tried a couple different raw Shea butters

Oils
Jojoba
Almond
Avocado
Argon
Castor
Evening prim rosé
Apricot
Emu (more for skin than hair)
Tamanu

Herbs/ teas as rinses (and of course to drink)
Roobios
Camomile
Rose hips
Lavender
Hibiscus

I still need to try black Jamaican castor oil and catnip tea.
Let me know if you want a brand of anything I use and I can go look.

I know one thing about catnip tea, it helps restless babies(and adults) fall asleep quicker. It's basically sleepytime tea. And I've bought the jamaican black castor oil and beware, it is very very VERY thick and has a distinctive nutty smell (I did not enjoy the smell..)
Now, what's the oil you've had the best results with? Like hair growth and silkiness. Also, I've never tried Shea butter, how was your experience?