PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill Pai Mei Hair

ClassicAim
October 1st, 2014, 03:57 PM
Hello,
So I watched Kill Bill 1 and 2 for the first time today. I was fascinated by Pai Mei's hair and was wondering how to achieve it? My hair is not nearly long enough yet.
http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy286/Aster95/Pai-Mei-Large.jpgP.S: his hair stick is fantastic :)

MsPharaohMoan
October 1st, 2014, 04:01 PM
Well, stop trimming your eyebrows for one… -snicker-

schnibbles
October 1st, 2014, 04:08 PM
:rockerdud I love this! Ok, actually, I have done this on accident in the past, and for the sake of science, I just tried it again and it worked...
It doesn't look half as cool on me as it does on him though.
Start by acting like you're making a lazy wrap on top of your head. Wrap around 2 fingers (or maybe 1? Depends on your hair thickness probably) Stick a hairstick in the base like he has his. Fan the loop out.
I wonder if a hair elastic when making the initial ponytail would be a good idea to help anchor it and give it that height.
He's so mean, but that hair is so cute I can't stand it...

gustavonut
October 1st, 2014, 04:13 PM
I thought you meant beard and all so you could do the beard flick LOL

ClassicAim
October 1st, 2014, 04:15 PM
MsPharaohMoan - I don't trim my eyebrows but I've never been able to reach that level of awesomeness :') I guess it may come with age :P

Sarden
October 1st, 2014, 04:16 PM
I was thinking lazy wrap bun as well - then just work your fingers out, spread the "fan" a little and bobs yur uncle!

ClassicAim
October 1st, 2014, 04:20 PM
schnibbles - Thank you for the advice :) I think I get what you mean. I'll have to give it a go next time I'm feeling adventurous :).

gustavonut - That beard flick is epic :D. Like with the eyebrows, if only :P

gustavonut
October 1st, 2014, 04:20 PM
He's an amazing actor. Like my mom always says, if an actor can make you hate them then they are really good at acting!

gustavonut
October 1st, 2014, 04:21 PM
Nobody can rock the pai mei eyebrows but pai mei!

ClassicAim
October 1st, 2014, 04:22 PM
Sarden - Thank you :) x

ClassicAim
October 1st, 2014, 04:23 PM
gustavonut - He is a good actor. He was easy to hate but at the same time kind of funny. And I fear you may be right, my dreams of bushy eyebrows are dashed :'D

schnibbles
October 1st, 2014, 04:26 PM
Only because I love you guys -
(And... pics, or it didn't happen) ;)

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee165/Buttercup_9/PA0137992_zps989c3a56.jpg (http://s234.photobucket.com/user/Buttercup_9/media/PA0137992_zps989c3a56.jpg.html)

It's a lazy wrap, I used one finger to wrap the hair around. Had to use 2 sticks to get it to stay. His hair is so much more fine/silken than mine is. Also, I think mine is much thicker than his so that's why it looks more bulbous. LOL
Fun, though...

lapushka
October 1st, 2014, 04:29 PM
That "bun" is made by making a ponytail, and by --on the last pass-through-- not pulling the hair completely through the loop of your elastic. If that makes sense. Your hair can be quite short for this still, that's (perhaps) the beauty of it.

Mitzy
October 1st, 2014, 04:33 PM
That beard flick made the character!!
I adore QT and his films and the KB trio are my faves. I think my husband could rock this look. He has the eyebrows for it!

ClassicAim
October 2nd, 2014, 11:51 AM
gustavonut - I agree, both funny and easy to hate. Noooooo!! My dreams of epic bushy eyebrows are dashed :P