PDA

View Full Version : One year progress sneak peak!

JessicaAnn
October 1st, 2014, 03:25 PM
Sunday is officially one year since THE BIG CHOP! Last fall I cut off just over a foot of hair and donated it to a great organization. I had been planning it for a while, but I wasn't in a good place emotionally when I did it, so I kind of had a meltdown over the loss of my waist length hair. I've not gotten any trims, except a small attempt to blend some choppy layers about two weeks after the chop, since then. I'll do a full shoot this weekend to compare, but here is a little sneak peak using a shot I took to send to my best friend a week or so ago. I stopped measuring and photographing about 7 months in, but I measured when I took this picture and my hair has grown between 9 and 9.5 inches. I really would like to get the layers re-trimmed (it would look so much better at this point), but I'm still a little chicken to do it even after a year.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13553&d=1412198045

Here is where I started, just for reference.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7479&d=1384380009

I can't wait to straighten it and take the full series of pics this weekend!

hanne jensen
October 2nd, 2014, 08:20 AM
Tht's some great growth, JessicaAnn! With that growth rate, you'll be back at waist in no time. Your hair looks very good. No need to trim yet...

JessicaAnn
October 2nd, 2014, 11:39 AM
Thanks! I'm not looking to take off much length, I really just need to get some layers re-blended and my long side-bangs trimmed up. Other than my bangs, which I straighten on a regular basis, I've not had to deal with many splits or knots. My hair is so low maintenance at longer lengths, I am never getting it cut that short again.

LadyCelestina
October 2nd, 2014, 11:49 AM
Oooh didn't you make a thread about a growth spurt or something back then ,where you posted the before picture? :O It looks familiar.
Anyway,congrats!You have beautiful waves :)

Stiria
October 2nd, 2014, 11:53 AM
Beautiful hair, and impressive growth! You will be back at waist before you know it:)

momschicklets
October 2nd, 2014, 11:58 AM
Very pretty!! And I'm super jealous of your growth rate....wow

JessicaAnn
October 2nd, 2014, 12:10 PM
Oooh didn't you make a thread about a growth spurt or something back then ,where you posted the before picture? :O It looks familiar.
Anyway,congrats!You have beautiful waves :)

I might have! Until about six months in I was doing a monthly growth comparison. I was seriously overloading on vitamins and protein and my growth showed it! Thank you for the compliment on my waves! They were such a pain when it was short, but I LOVE them when they are long.

lapushka
October 2nd, 2014, 12:43 PM
That's a pretty amazing growth rate! Congrats. :D