PDA

View Full Version : How to do this simple style from the film 'Elizabeth'?

aforestfae
October 1st, 2014, 01:32 PM
Hi :) sorry to ask about styles again but I saw this (https://33.media.tumblr.com/713153f5d35703d43df791e2f13806a2/tumblr_ncs5xvLrg31s7ifvdo1_500.png)really simple style from the film Elizabeth and wondered how to do it.
I have no idea how the headband thing would stay on like that, even with the hair wrapped around it, I know for me it would just slip off within seconds.
Any suggestions?
Thank you

Panth
October 1st, 2014, 02:13 PM
I'd imagine that the headband is solid - e.g. wire covered in fabric or metal strip covered in fabric. There are two parts going over the top of the head, one visible and one nearly covered in hair. I suspect the latter dips down behind the ears and curves around the head a bit there, to help it stay on.

Madora
October 1st, 2014, 02:48 PM
Hmmm. It reminds me of a circlet (vaguely).

As for keeping it on..maybe try this:

Comb hair out neatly, brush away from face. No part!
Place circlet on head. Hold in place temporarily with large roller bobby pins (2 each side)
Take section of hair near eyebrow. Coax it up (maybe with a rattail comb tip) so that it is free.
Take the hair and put it thru a TOPSY TAIL loop
Take the hair filled Topsy Tail loop and push it down behind the circlet metal.
Repeat with a few strands of hair on other side of head.
In order for the circlet to be stable for any length of time, you'd need more hairpins..somewhere.
You might want to attach a bit of monofilament (plastic) beading thread to some inconspicuous place on the back of the ciclet. Make a loop on the end. Thread a bobby pin thru the loop and attach to your scalp to hold the circlet in place. Cover with hair.