PDA

View Full Version : Updos for BSL hair?

CaityBear
October 1st, 2014, 11:21 AM
I need help. I have no clue what to do with my hair. I knew what styles to do when it was classic bit now it's only BSL and I have no ideas of what updos would work for my hair now.

Can you guys help point me in the directions of tutorials or give me ideas of ideas? It's been sooooo long since my hair was this short. Lol

Agnes Hannah
October 1st, 2014, 11:48 AM
Hi when I was BSL, I used a twist held with a claw clip. Still do really, it is secure and comfortable providing you check the claw for any sticky out bits that may catch hair. I bought one from France Luxe, bit expensive but very well made, smooth edges etc. These bits can be filed down though. Lillith Moon may be worth checking on You Tube, she has tutorials which are easy to follow. Pencil buns are also an option. I could do cinnamon buns at this length and a sort of nautilus. French braids, you could tuck the ends in for a really glamorous look, and use a fancy clip to ring the changes. French pleats would work too and Gibson tucks. Good luck

Madora
October 1st, 2014, 02:31 PM
I need help. I have no clue what to do with my hair. I knew what styles to do when it was classic bit now it's only BSL and I have no ideas of what updos would work for my hair now.

Can you guys help point me in the directions of tutorials or give me ideas of ideas? It's been sooooo long since my hair was this short. Lol

An easy, two strand rope lace twisted crown braid by Lilith Moon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

Holds like a rock! Be sure to detangle your hair gently before styling! You may want to check out the video tutorials by Torrin Paige on You Tube.

CaityBear
October 1st, 2014, 02:44 PM
I follow both of them on YouTube. My problem is usually my hair isn't thick enough or long enough. Though Lilith's hair is similar to mine as long as she doesn't put her extensions in. I'll have to browse her videos some more.

gthlvrmx
October 1st, 2014, 02:48 PM
Pencil bun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0k3dD4qX34 (its a nautilus really)
and then here's Torrinpaiges channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/torrinpaige

Avis
October 1st, 2014, 06:45 PM
You could probably do a lazy wrap bun. I'm just touching BSL and I've been wearing my hair in a LWB almost every day since I found out I could do it. I also like braided buns, cinnabuns (although they can feel heavy for me sometimes) and braids. Braids braids braids. I would also recommend trying styles you can't do with your current length as half ups. Good luck! :)

dezibela
October 1st, 2014, 08:05 PM
I have layered BSL & can do the following buns (some with modifications):

Vortex
Hypno swirl (modified, sectioned)
Disc
Clover
Fig 8
Infinity
Lwb
Cinnabun
Flipped cinnabun
French twist

Lately, my fave is a half-up nautilus with the length in a rope side braid.

CaityBear
October 3rd, 2014, 10:40 PM
Thank you for all the suggestions! I guess I'll need to find time to try out a bunch to see which work. :)

hypersensitive
October 3rd, 2014, 10:55 PM
You could do fishtails without much trouble now since the length is gone and you wont have to fight tangles! Crown braids too!