PDA

View Full Version : Ali McGraw on Oprah

AmyBeth
September 29th, 2014, 11:29 AM
I happened to catch the last few minutes of Oprah's Super Soul Sunday yesterday, in which she was talking to Ali McGraw (Love Story etc). I saw her from the front at first, and her hair looked to be cut into a pixie, and beautiful snow white. Then the camera moved and I could see that her hair was up in a bun and looked like she had let the gray grow in naturally. And also by the size of the bun, it looked quite long. She looked so naturally beautiful. I would have loved to see it down. I didn't get to hear too much of the show, but her hair alone was inspiring to me!

cathair
September 29th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Rimi has posted article that covered the Ali McGraw Oprah show in the Salt n Pepper thread. There is a video clip in there too:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=16951&p=2831660&viewfull=1#post2831660

I agree I would to see her hair down! It was nice to hear her talk about letting it go white. It seems to have done wonders for how her skin tone looks. Or maybe they have really good make up on Oprah, I don't know :)

AmyBeth
September 29th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the link!

Quasiquixotic
September 29th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Ooh I love her white hair!!

divinedobbie
September 29th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Wow she really reminds me of my grandma. My grandma had classic length grey/white hair that she would put in a bun exactly like that (until she had to have a brain operation and was forced to shave her head, but thats another story). She was my inspiration.

jacqueline101
September 29th, 2014, 09:36 PM
She's so beautiful now and back then. Her hair is great.

AmyBeth
September 30th, 2014, 11:11 AM
She's so beautiful now and back then. Her hair is great.

Agreed. I think she's beautiful inside and out.

jacqueline101
September 30th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Agreed. I think she's beautiful inside and out.

Truly beautiful.

schnibbles
September 30th, 2014, 11:28 AM
I can't believe she's 75, she looks amazing. I want to be her when I'm 75. :pray: If I could be so lucky..

jacqueline101
September 30th, 2014, 09:21 PM
I can't believe she's 75, she looks amazing. I want to be her when I'm 75. :pray: If I could be so lucky..

I had the same thought when I seen her. I was in a whirl wind when I found out she's 75 and looks half as old.