PDA

View Full Version : Hair Beading

Annibelle
September 28th, 2014, 06:53 PM
I'm interested in wearing some beads in my hair, and I was wondering if anyone here does that. There are lots of kinds, I know-- some bead all of their hair, some wear beads on their locs, etc. I was thinking of doing something more like this (http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/72/ae/50/72ae50fb75dafc2ec0a0c98a821b707b.jpg), with just a few braids with a few beads. I welcome any pictures of your beaded hair! I think they're so pretty! (I especially love wooden beads.) :D

prettyinpink
September 28th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Sometimes I put a few fat beads at the end of my braid. At the very end of my hair ill put a tiny clear elastic, just so the bead dosent fall out. I use to have this real pretty wooden bead that was the perfect size, i didnt have to secure it with an elastic. Too bad i lost it!

Good luck!

Stormynights
September 28th, 2014, 09:36 PM
When my girls were younger I made little braids with pony beads braided in. You use a string to pull the hair through the beads and braid spacing out the beads.

Caraid♫
September 28th, 2014, 09:39 PM
what a pretty idea!! I've never tried it, but if I can find some beads lying around I would totally do this on a day I have my hair down!

veryhairyfairy
September 29th, 2014, 07:33 AM
I have always always always thought that beads in hair look beautiful and charming, and I have never really tried to do it lol! :o

Stormynights, how do you use a string to pull the hair through the bead?

mouse2cat
September 29th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Have you seen a needle threading tool? It's just like that except a bit bulkier.
Check out this shop (https://www.etsy.com/listing/150187725/dori-kit-dwarvish-beardhair-bead-kit?ref=hp_mod_rf)

Stormynights
September 29th, 2014, 07:54 AM
What did was thread the beads over a doubled over piece of string, then double over a little piece of hair that you have going through the loop of string. Then you push them onto the hair and pull the hair through the beads. I pushed the beads up individually as I braided the hair.