PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite leave in without protein?

Juliet15
September 28th, 2014, 08:51 AM
So far so good!! I have been using a shampoo and conditioner without protein have seen a huge difference in the texture of my hair already. Much softer. My ends have completely changed, which is good because I was thinking I would have to trim quite a bit off earlier. So I was just wondering if anyone had a favorite leave in that didn't contain protein. I know experimenting is usually the way you find what is best for you, but I my bathroom is starting to look like a salon with all the different bottles I have all over the shelves in there!!! LOL!!! My DH says I am obsessed! Anyway, I was hoping I could get an idea on what to try first from someone who already has had luck with a no protein leave in conditioner. Thanks!!!

pixldust
September 28th, 2014, 08:59 AM
I use Inecto coconut leave-in. My hair hates protein and strangely enough using coconut oil makes my ends go crispy, but it seems to like this leave-in. It can be quite hard finding a leave in without protein.

PinkyCat
September 28th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Plain old Suave Lavender Lilac or Refreshing Waterfall. Works great and is awesomely cheap.

Gertrude
September 28th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Phyto 7. Pricey but a little goes a long way and my hair loves it.

prettyinpink
September 28th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Herbal essences drama clean regular conditioner makes a great leave in

Siiri
September 28th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Alba botanica fragrance free leave-in conditioner. Personally I like protein in my leave-in though, but I did like that one. Or you could just use a rinse-out conditioner or oil as a leave-in.

ExpectoPatronum
September 28th, 2014, 11:35 AM
I love Kinky Curly Knot Today, even though I don't really wear my natural wurly texture anymore. It works great smoothed through my length with a bit of mineral oil on top. Those two things really help lock the moisture in and my ends (which had been very dry from recent dye jobs) feel soft again. It's a little more pricey (about $13), so while I love it, I don't know if I'll be able to repurchase it when I run out. On the plus side, a bottle will last you a very long time because you don't need a lot. I've been using this bottle off and on for over a year and still have 1/3rd of it left.

arr
September 28th, 2014, 01:37 PM
I use a little of whatever rinse out conditioner i used in the shower, usually one of the suave naturals conditioners. I mix it with a few drops of penetrating oil and distribute it through my hair. Then i follow with one drop of mineral oil smoothed over everything. I dont think you necessarily need to go out and buy a separate leave in conditioner

jeanniet
September 28th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Try what you like as a rinse-out conditioner. There's no reason to buy a separate leave in, and if you have different kinds of conditioner, you might as well try those first.

Johannah
September 28th, 2014, 02:37 PM
I like inecto coconut leave-in as well.

Juliet15
September 28th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Thanks for all of the advice. I never think of using my rinse out as a leave in. I was out today and picked up a bottle of garnier sleek and shine intensely smooth leave in. Wasn't too expensive and I don't use a lot. It looks like it doesn't have protein……..I hope it doesn't (I have been trying to keep a list of everything that is protein)!! I will let you all know how it goes!!:)