PDA

View Full Version : i've reached my waist goal!.... now what?

miss_asimov
September 28th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Hello,

today I've decided I am now solidly waist. Here's my progress over the last three years:

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz104/sweetestpoison_photo/HairProgressGoal_zps514d4874.png

but now what? Keep going to tailbone and beyond? Maintain? I have to say I am having a bit of an inspiration lull, same cinnabun every day, not really feeling the inspiration... convince me to keep going!

GetMeToWaist
September 28th, 2014, 06:50 AM
I dare you to keep going till tailbone! Beautiful hair by the way, such a nice glossy sheen. You could learn some new buns - LWB, nautilus, braided, Gibraltar, infinity, helix, Celtic knot...

Madora
September 28th, 2014, 06:59 AM
Congrats on attaining your goal, miss_azimov!

I guess the most important question is: do you WANT to grow longer? Are you motivated to learn new styles? If you lack motivation, then growing longer just seems a waste of time and products.

Do you want to learn new styles? Or would you rather return to a length that didn't require as much work?

If it is inspiration you want, then check out the wonderful video tutorials by Torrin Paige on You Tube! She is a very good teacher and since her hair is blonde, it is easy to follow the steps of each style.

Hairstyle boredom is the enemy of long hair. Try not to let it nab you (unless, of course, you want to cut back, which is perfectly fine too).

SkyChild
September 28th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Definitely try some new buns!
I'm just driven to distraction by the second last photo - what a colour!
Great photos

leilani
September 28th, 2014, 08:00 AM
I love today's photo so much, so glossy and beautiful. Do you henna?

Johannah
September 28th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Guess Madora gave great advice!

Like I said in another thread, your hair is stunning!

lapushka
September 28th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Join the TBL by Christmas 2015 (it's around somewhere :)), and see where that takes you!

Lady Mary
September 28th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Oh, congrats! Don't give up on the growth, it looks amazing!

Wildcat Diva
September 28th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Uh, new hairtoys? That inspires me. Your hair + awesome toys = amazinggggggggg

Fufu
September 28th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Wonderful hair journey.

Love your hair, looks super super gorgeous.

XcaliburGirl
September 28th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Beautiful! Great shine and color. :applause

I'm pretty close to having the same dilemma myself. Live in the waist to tailbone thread for a bit and see if you feel tempted to grow more. You could always let it grow for a while and then bounce back up to waist as "home base". (I suspect that's what I'll end up doing.)

miss_asimov
September 28th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Thanks guys :)

Madora, I think I want to keep going, I just need a new kick to learn more styles! i hadn't even considered the fact that I've now reached a length where Torrin's styles are starting to be feasible. The last time I looked at her (amazing) videos my hair was still too short for most of them.

GetMeToWaist, celtic knot bun sounds intriguing...

Leilani, no, I don't, I use evil chemical dye ^^ it's Syoss, although I haven't dyed it in about a month and a half. I am tempted to switch to Henna once I've used my last batch, as I can't get it here in the UK. THe only downside is if I don't like the henna, I can't then dye over it again (afaik)

leilani
September 28th, 2014, 09:35 AM
If you can grow that long with that thick of a hemline and shine with chemical dyes then keep on doing what you are doing because it's obviously working out fine! I can't recommend henna, either, it was a disappointment to me and I regret it.

jacqueline101
September 28th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Your hair looks amazing as it's been stated that's your choice if you want to grow longer or maintain there at waist. If you want to grow you can learn new styles and buy more or new toys. Again new toys and styles are up to you.

Madora
September 28th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Madora, I think I want to keep going, I just need a new kick to learn more styles! i hadn't even considered the fact that I've now reached a length where Torrin's styles are starting to be feasible. The last time I looked at her (amazing) videos my hair was still too short for most of them.

:D Super, miss_azimov! I'm sure you'll find something in Torrin's videos that will intrigue you. You might also want to check out Lilith Moon's videos. She has relatively short hair but still does wonderful things with it.

One last thing: don't rake yourself over the coals if the styles you try just don't "mesh" right away. Lots of them take practice..days and days. And for the sake of your hair and peace of mind, always detangle your hair before creating new styles, and after wearing them too! Good luck! Hope to see pics when you are ready!

ETA:Link to Lillith Moon lovely style..only uses 2 strands https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

Crumpet
September 28th, 2014, 01:42 PM
My eyes!!! So much glossiness! Yowza!

Gorgeous hair and it just keeps getting better. I say go for it with length.

Carolyn
September 28th, 2014, 01:55 PM
I love your glossy brown color. It's absolutely gorgeous! And your hemline is perfect. You could go on to hip and see how you like it. You can always trim back if it's too much for you.

FallingDarkness
September 28th, 2014, 01:57 PM
:o Your hair is soooooooooo pretty.
Waist was my initial goal, but a few months on here and all of a sudden I wanted hip... Soooo far away. I'm only in the BSL/MBL right now. :(
ENOUGH ABOUT ME. My point is that it's so easy for your goal to change. Congrats on mile marker one in the terms of your goals, you could try maintaining at waist for a while, you know, leaving your hair down more often and microtrimming, and then see if you're happy with your hair as it is, and if not, GROW MORE. Your hair is drop dead gorgeous and don't you ever forget it

miss_asimov
September 29th, 2014, 04:38 AM
new hairtoys might be the way forward. Can anyone recommend a favourite website / seller? I might even have to upgrade in size now, although my hair is very very fine and hides its length quite successfully in a bun.

Purdy Bear
September 29th, 2014, 05:33 AM
Stunning hair! I would go for what makes you happiest. When I had hair and it was really long, I loved TBL, any long and it was impractical for me. If I were you I would keep growing to your terminal length just to see what it is, and where you are most happiest.

I agree Torrin's videos are a true inspiration. Have a look at Pinterest as well, it's free and there are a lot of hair updo tutorials passed around.

Caraid♫
September 29th, 2014, 05:50 AM
congratulations! your hair is gorgeous!
There's no harm in trying to grow it out even further- you can always cut it back if you find a longer length is not for you :) (personally my goal changed from waist to hip, to TB to classic over time- haha!)
I find hair toys very inspiring for learning new hairstyles ;) I feel the need to switch it up most days and use different toys in different ways otherwise I feel bad owning all of them! :laugh: but also just perusing all the great youtube videos out there is great for inspiration

miss_asimov
September 29th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Caraid, what is that updo in your signature? it's gorgeous!

velorutionista
September 29th, 2014, 11:38 AM
You have lovely hair, miss_asimov! I'd say if you aren't sure you want to go beyond waist to give it a go--you can always cut it back if you don't enjoy it!

I keep finding my "goals" grow at about the same rate as my hair...started off at shoulder heading for APL, then was at APL and decided to go for BSL, and now I'm closing in on waist and I think heading for TBL...I blame this forum--it's full of too many good ideas! :)

Federica
September 30th, 2014, 04:59 AM
Congratulations on your progress!
Lovely hair indeed, especially the colour (is it henna?)!
If you're just bored of wearing the same hairstyle everyday I suggest you to experiment with it! WL is a very good lenght to make complicate hairstyles and braids without dealing with "too much" lenght.
Is there anything you don't like about your hair? or it's just about the routine?

Caraid♫
September 30th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Caraid, what is that updo in your signature? it's gorgeous!

thank you!! I did it by make a floppy bun with an elastic (not very hair friendly, I know!!) aka, a ponytail where you don't pull the ends completely through. Then I lifted the bun up and tried to splay it out/fan it out out my head in a way that it appeared to have the most volume possible, and then pinned it into place with a bunch of bobby pins! then I placed my mantilla-style comb on top of it all. It was a very approximate/experimental hairdo, sorry if that explanation made no sense!

Wildcat Diva
September 30th, 2014, 06:58 AM
new hairtoys might be the way forward. Can anyone recommend a favourite website / seller? I might even have to upgrade in size now, although my hair is very very fine and hides its length quite successfully in a bun.

I think you could try at least one Ficcare. If you didn't like it you
could sell it on swap on here without risk of losing much money at all. I love the look of a Ficcare in a Cinnabun. I have waist length normal thickness hair and I wear a size large.

My go to bun is a nautilus, and that is a good one to learn at your length. A two or three prong fork is very versatile. I love 60th street on etsy, among many other vendors (!!!)

Watch the swap board for what might strike your fancy or just pick a vendor and read up on the corresponding thread in the LHC accessories sub forum.

miss_asimov
September 30th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Federica, my hair is very thin and very straight, so there's a total lack of volume, which is frustrating. Buns don't look like waistlength hair on me!

Cariad, that's very effective!

I bought an antler fork yesterday and wore this today:

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz104/sweetestpoison_photo/Hair/2FD64B2D-2D1F-4AD4-9E23-94E731ED7AA3_zpszizexoja.jpg

my pupils loved the lightsabre!