PDA

View Full Version : Good styles for thin hair

BlueMajorelle
September 26th, 2014, 01:39 PM
My hair is getting longer, slowly but surely! But it will never be the thick hair needed for many of the lovely buns and braids I see other long haired women pulling off. Even though my hair is now nearing my waist, my buns still look tiny and sad and when I braid my hair, you can see bits of scalp. What styles can I try that will help me feel good about my thin, fine hair?

Aurum
September 26th, 2014, 03:00 PM
I'm in rather a hurry, so I'm sorry I can't stay and chat about styles! I'm a big advocate of protective styling, having thin/fine hair myself.
I think you might like this thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17115
Hope to see you there!

Madora
September 26th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Have you tried sectioning your hair? Sectioning gives the illusion of having more hair than you do.

Also, if you braid your hair, you can try to "pancake" the crossovers to make the braid look a little "fatter". "Pancaking is simply gently tugging on both edges of the braid (pulling it out a wee smidgen) to make it look bigger. It's a pretty effect but doesn't hold up for any length of time w/o looking "thready".