PDA

View Full Version : Possibly One of the Worst Parents Ever?

cathair
September 26th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Moderation: Stories of haircuts against a person's will are not allowed on LHC, as per the terms of service (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/indexvba.php?page=tos). Please refrain from posting these.

-Anje

Goodwyfe
September 26th, 2014, 12:30 PM
That just seems cruel. If a kid's mouth is misbehaving, take away her phone or something. It doesn't even make sense.

DweamGoiL
September 26th, 2014, 12:30 PM
That, to me, is child abuse...plain and simple. And, I say this as being a pretty strict parent myself.

cathair
September 26th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I agree. I wondered if it might even count as assault?

NormaJean
September 26th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Wow. Father of NINE at that!

DreamSheep
September 26th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Wow! not nice at all. I agree that seems like a very cruel treatment if anything. It is quite large and not easily hidden by changing part either.
I am not a parent and although I'm not against appropiate discipline to children, I don't think this is adequate at all.

KittyBird
September 26th, 2014, 12:45 PM
I'd call that abuse. It must have been incredibly traumatizing for the girl, and she's gonna have to live with that for a long time. What a terrible thing to do :(

Purdy Bear
September 26th, 2014, 12:47 PM
She'll be scared for life. The Social Services should investigate because believe me that is just the tip of the iceberg.

My mother did something similar, she literally put a bowl on my head and cut round it. The day before my first day at secondery school, after I had arranged for an appointment to have it professionally cut. I went from waist length hair to a bowl cut.