PDA

View Full Version : Went to a wedding... hair pics!

Mary <><
September 23rd, 2008, 07:53 PM
I went to a wedding for a sweet couple over the weekend and had a wonderful time! (You can read more about that in my blog if you like) My hair was actually long enough to put in an updo, so here's what I managed to do...

It's a Chinese rope bun with an accent rope
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b373/MLeary/Ropechinesebunwaccent.jpg

I know its not like it could be if it were longer, but I was quite glad that I was actually able to pull off an updo like that! :cheese:

Here is a pic of the bride's hair after taking off her veil...
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b373/MLeary/LaurensHair.jpg

Enjoy the pics!

GlennaGirl
September 23rd, 2008, 07:54 PM
Oh, how beautiful! I love the accent rope braid.

The bride's hair looks wonderful too, very shiny.

Gladtobemom
September 23rd, 2008, 08:01 PM
I like you bun. It's very chic.

How many rope braids?

Addy
September 23rd, 2008, 08:06 PM
That is very nice. :)

The bride's is lovely too!

Bronwyn Grace
September 23rd, 2008, 08:07 PM
Wow, those are both gorgeous! I love your accent braid. :) Your hair looks so shiny!

saracuda
September 23rd, 2008, 08:09 PM
Very pretty! It looks really nice on you!

Paliele
September 23rd, 2008, 08:27 PM
Very impressive! Is the end of your hairstick really as blunt as it looks?

Tressie
September 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Gee I think your style is lovely! That accent braid is awesome! The brides hair is really impressive too. It must have been a beautiful wedding!

Carina
September 23rd, 2008, 09:25 PM
Oh those updos look great.I'm not very good at making them but maybe one day I will be.Great pics:thumbsup:.

Gumball
September 23rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Wow I'm really digging the chinese bun with an accent. It makes it look completely different and so much fancier! Surprising what a little twist can do. You've got awesome shine, too! Very pretty. :)

PeaceWithTrees
September 23rd, 2008, 10:22 PM
Wow, very beautiful! I should really try to wear my hair up more often.....That is absoluley stunning! I bet you got alot of attention!

Shanarana
September 24th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Very nice updo, you did a great job...looks wonderful. The brides hair looks great too. :)

Arctic_Mama
September 24th, 2008, 01:48 AM
It's a very flattering bun on you, you're so fortunate to have a decent thickness for styles - I couldn't do a chinese bun even with nearly-waist length hair :cry:

I LOVE the rope accent, it's such a simple dressup for the bun but it really changes the impact and makes it much more dramatic.

mugglemomof3
September 24th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Both of those updos are very very pretty! Thank you so much for sharing them with us! :heartbeat

NeilTheFuzz
September 24th, 2008, 04:13 AM
That style is very pretty. I always find updos like this amazing. I imagen it takes quite a lot of thought to invent styles like this without tying your hair into a massive knot!

Neil

cindy58
September 24th, 2008, 04:43 AM
You did great with your bun, Mary! The bride's hair is lovely too.

Lamb
September 24th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Thank you for posting these! Your updo looks very chic and polished, and the bride's hair is beautiful as well! :flowers:

embee
September 24th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Your updo is great, Mary! The bride's hair looks good too, but I'll bet yours *felt* better when it was taken down - hers was probably held together with hairspray. Of course for a wedding, allowances should be made! ;)

I don't think I could make such an accent braid, I've never had much luck with a chinese bun.

Mary <><
September 24th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Thanks to all of you for your kind remarks! It was fun to go to an event where I could jazz up my hait a bit!

How many rope braids?

2 bigger ones and 1 small one for the accent, so 3 total!

Very impressive! Is the end of your hairstick really as blunt as it looks?

It is blunt on one end and has a flower on the other. The blunt end is so then, it usually just slips right in.

That style is very pretty. I always find updos like this amazing. I imagen it takes quite a lot of thought to invent styles like this without tying your hair into a massive knot!

Neil

LOL! I have managed to tie my hair up into knots a few times!

Again thanks to you all for your encouragement!

Silver Strands
September 24th, 2008, 06:01 AM
What a beautiful hairstyle for 23" hair!

I love the scenery in your picture also!

ClareDee
September 24th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Really nice bun :)
It gives me hope, too, because it means I could do something like that in around 10 months:cheese:
I mean my hair will be long enough in 10 months... not that the doing of the bun would take me that long. Although with me you never know.

sexyjacksparrow
September 24th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Your hair looks great. My hair is not really long enough for anything other than very basic updos.

Jean_Grey
September 24th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I am going to be in a wedding soon, and my halter strapped dress needs a good bun. Cool pictures!

JessTheMess
September 24th, 2008, 08:33 AM
That bun is so neat!! I wish I could do a rope braid...mine usually end up looking terrible lol. I need to start practicing more

Flutterbee
September 24th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Both styles are very lovely!!

Mary <><
September 24th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Again, thanks to all!

Really nice bun :)
It gives me hope, too, because it means I could do something like that in around 10 months:cheese:
I mean my hair will be long enough in 10 months... not that the doing of the bun would take me that long. Although with me you never know.

This made me laugh! That is about how long it took me to be able to do it, LOL!

Mary <><
September 24th, 2008, 03:50 PM
What a beautiful hairstyle for 23" hair!

I love the scenery in your picture also!

Thanks! That is the view from my front porch!

xrosiex
September 24th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Very pretty and the brides is also beautiful. Thanks for sharing.:)

jojo
September 24th, 2008, 06:40 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b373/MLeary/Ropechinesebunwaccent.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b373/MLeary/LaurensHair.jpg

I love both styles, the brides is the eact same one i had when I married!

paper
September 25th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Mary, your hair looks really pretty in that updo. The brides is pretty too! I can't wait until my hair gets long enough for updos.

Solange
September 25th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Niiice! You have the right idea in practicing styles while it's growing, rather than suddenly try updos once your hair reaches mid-thigh. I made that mistake, lol. Your accented Chinese bun with rope braid looks like something I've done except with a regular braid.

aprilmay
September 25th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Fun to see fancy updos. I wore my hair similar to the brides for my sister's wedding. All those curls are so playful. I am in awe of your bun because I can't figure out how you did it.

MissHair
September 25th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Gorgeous!!!

FrannyG
September 25th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Mary, your hair looks gorgeous in that updo, and your hair is looking most excellent. :blossom:

*BelievingAgain
September 25th, 2008, 04:20 PM
That's beautiful!! I love the accent rope. I hope you had a great time!! :flower: