PDA

View Full Version : Organix Weightless Dry Argan Oil - Questions!

DreamSheep
September 24th, 2014, 05:20 PM
So, recently I picked up this bottle of renewing moroccan argan oil from Boots (there were 3 for 2 deals... couldn't resist trying it out):
http://www.boots.com/en/OGX-Renewing-Moroccan-Argan-Oil-Weightless-Reviving-Dry-Oil-118ml_1311183/

Aside from it apparently smelling of "dog" (as my boyfriend said, though apparently clean dog, not dirty dog! :p), I found it has made my hair quite glossy and nice. It says to spray on to damp hair and then to blowdry. I don't blowfry but I have done the nearly dry hair bit, and occasionally applied on later days before wash day.
However, I was wondering whether anyone else has used this product, and whether it is actually really recommended or not based on the list of ingredients in it(see bottom of post).
It seems there are quite a few 'cones' in, and I'm puzzled about the presence of certain chemicals and what their role is in this spray. Do they evaporate from the hair, do they stick, do they build up, do they get absorbed, and of course, ultimately, are they good for the hair, or does it make hair look good but really is bad? Thanks! :D

Cyclomethicone
C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate
Phenyl Trimethicone
Parfum
Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil
Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)
CI 26100 (Red 17)
CI 47000 (Yellow 11)
Alpha Isomethyl Ionone
Benzyl Benzoate
Benzyl Salicylate