PDA

View Full Version : My first LHC hairyversary with pics!

Federica
September 24th, 2014, 04:59 AM
It has been one year since I joined this great community, and learnt a lot.
When I came here the first time I was lost, depressed and discouraged from a bleach disaster happened in 2011, which destroyed my once classic lenght hair and made it fall out in pieces.
This was the condition of my hair, after chopping 3/4 of it in a layered mbl cut.

http://i.imgur.com/8GM4e6ol.jpg

Between 2011 and 2013 I tried to grow it out, but the damage was so severe that my hair wasn't gaining any lenght because it was breaking everywhere and I've had some 4-5cm chops.

In 2013, when I joined the LHC, my hair was in a better shape. Still not growing much, because of the last few inches of chemical damage, but recovering.
I decided to even the hemline, and possibly get a blunt cut, so I started to microtrim the ends and let grow all the shorter locks.
This is how my hair looked like one year ago, and my hair today.

http://i.imgur.com/bfWs6j7l.jpg http://i.imgur.com/QZ0rxywl.jpg

I haven't had an impressive growth, but I trimmed at least 10 cm during the year.
I hope to slow down the trims now, and get to TBL in one year. My ultimate goal is Classic/fingertip.
I wash my hair once a week with an organic shampoo, only the roots, then I double condition (WCC has been a huge revelation for my hair!), air-dry, comb, put it up in a braid or bun and leave it alone.
Sometimes my ends (especially the front bangs that I'm growing out) get very dry, so I spray it with a tiny bit of water and oil it. This makes my end softer and defines my natural wave pattern.
I found some very precious advice here, and warm, friendly people!
I can't wait for my next hairyversary with you all!

Vanilla
September 24th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Congrats on your first hairiversary! Your hair looks beautiful; so shiny!

fiğrildi
September 24th, 2014, 05:14 AM
Your hair is so beautiful, and it's looking healthy and strong :) I can't wait to see the pictures of your next hairyversary, congrats! :toast:

Winter Fox
September 24th, 2014, 05:16 AM
Congrats your hair looks amazing! :D

Federica
September 24th, 2014, 05:20 AM
Thank you so much Vanilla, fiğrildi and Winter Fox!

jacqueline101
September 24th, 2014, 05:26 AM
Your hair looks great. It's made a lot of good progress, it's stronger and healthier looking. I hope you reach your next goal. Happy anniversary.

AlKhazzaR
September 24th, 2014, 05:28 AM
Ends looks so thick and healthy! Beautiful hair :)

Chiaroscuro
September 24th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Your hair looks great. It's made a lot of good progress, it's stronger and healthier looking. I hope you reach your next goal. Happy anniversary.

Ditto. Thanks for being here and sharing!

browneyedsusan
September 24th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Wow! It looks much thicker and nicer!
Great work! :thumbsup:

EarthArtist
September 24th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is lovely. I'm hoping for similar results with my chemically damaged hair.

I love your color. Is it henna??

Selkie-
September 24th, 2014, 06:09 AM
Beautiful - your hair looks so much fuller! :)

Skade
September 24th, 2014, 06:11 AM
Congratulations! :cake: Your hair looks lovely! So healthy and thick! And I´m curious to see that tattoo that´s hiding underneath :) It´s a tree right? How far up does it go?

lapushka
September 24th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Lookin' great, and I'm glad WCC is working for you! :D

Federica
September 24th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Thank you all Jacqueline, AlKhazzaR, Chiaroscuro (are you italian?), browneyedsusan, EarthArtist, Selkie and Skade!

I love your color. Is it henna??
I dye my roots every other month with a deposit only dark brown, a little darker than my natural colour, and make some henna glosses inbetween.
In sunlight it looks much more auburn.

I´m curious to see that tattoo that´s hiding underneath It´s a tree right? How far up does it go?
Here it is :) :

http://i.imgur.com/xumoiFIl.jpg

Federica
September 24th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Thank you Lapushka! I'm so grateful to you for the WCC!

Madora
September 24th, 2014, 07:18 AM
:thud:Federica! Holy Cow! What marvels you have wrought! Way to go! Your hair looks fabulous! Congrats!

lapushka
September 24th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Thank you Lapushka! I'm so grateful to you for the WCC!

No worries! :flower:

Lady Mary
September 24th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Congrats, what beautiful hair!

Fufu
September 24th, 2014, 07:49 AM
beautiful hair :)

Happy Hair Anniversary

nikolette
September 24th, 2014, 07:54 AM
When I came here the first time I was lost, depressed and discouraged from a bleach disaster happened in 2011, which destroyed my once classic lenght hair and made it fall out in pieces.
This was the condition of my hair, after chopping 3/4 of it in a layered mbl cut.

Between 2011 and 2013 I tried to grow it out, but the damage was so severe that my hair wasn't gaining any lenght because it was breaking everywhere and I've had some 4-5cm chops.

In 2013, when I joined the LHC, my hair was in a better shape. Still not growing much, because of the last few inches of chemical damage, but recovering.
I decided to even the hemline, and possibly get a blunt cut, so I started to microtrim the ends and let grow all the shorter locks.

I haven't had an impressive growth, but I trimmed at least 10 cm during the year.
I hope to slow down the trims now, and get to TBL in one year. My ultimate goal is Classic/fingertip.
I wash my hair once a week with an organic shampoo, only the roots, then I double condition (WCC has been a huge revelation for my hair!), air-dry, comb, put it up in a braid or bun and leave it alone.
Sometimes my ends (especially the front bangs that I'm growing out) get very dry, so I spray it with a tiny bit of water and oil it. This makes my end softer and defines my natural wave pattern.

:crush: your hair looks beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Savvyhorsez
September 24th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Congrats, your progress is great!

UniqueWabbit
September 24th, 2014, 08:58 AM

Congrats! It looks really good now! Hope for us fools who have to start over out here, thanks for posting!

UniqueWabbit
September 24th, 2014, 08:59 AM
By the way, what shampoo is it that you use? I can't edit so had to make another post. I forgot to ask in the first one.

DreamSheep
September 24th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Wow! Your hair is beautiful Federica :D And love the tattoo as well!

hanne jensen
September 24th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Your hair is in so much better condition! Congratulations on your progress.

RapunzelKat
September 24th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Congrats on your anniversary! :cheer: You have beautiful hair, and you've made such great progress in improving the condition! :applause
Happy continued growing! :D

Rushli
September 24th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Looks gorgeous and thick!

martyna_22
September 24th, 2014, 12:33 PM
I agree with all the posters above - your hair looks fabulous! It is just so amazing! Congratulations! :crush:

Federica
September 24th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Thank you all so much, ladies!
Your comments really made my day!

Now I'using a Lush shampoo, but I like to swich it often.

FallingDarkness
September 24th, 2014, 05:05 PM
You hair is gorgeous, and the transformation that it's taken since you joined the LHC is amazing. It looks so thick and healthy and shiny, and I love your waves. Congrats on your one year landmark!!! And congrats on healthy hair :P

DweamGoiL
September 24th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Lengthwise, yes, there wasn't an amazing result, but your hair is way more thick :) Looks great...congrats!

jacqueline101
September 24th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Ditto. Thanks for being here and sharing!

You're very kind to say that.

kitana97
September 25th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Your hair looks so soft and quite full! Great job on restoring your hair :)

And that tattoo looks amazing. I really like tree tats.

Beezle
September 25th, 2014, 05:50 AM
So impressive. Thick and healthy. Congratulations on your great transformation.

GetMeToWaist
September 25th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Gorgeous!! I wish mine would look like that ^_^

urs
September 25th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Wow, your hair made beautiful progress and looks fantabulistically gorgeous.

Federica
September 26th, 2014, 03:52 AM
Thank you all so much! So encouraging!

Stiria
September 26th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is beautiful:blossom: And I love Your tattoo:D

Chiaroscuro
September 26th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Thank you all Jacqueline, AlKhazzaR, Chiaroscuro (are you italian?), browneyedsusan, EarthArtist, Selkie and Skade!

No, I'm from the USA. Are you Italian? Is that an Italian beach? Wow--what beautiful artwork on your back. 'Chiaroscuro' just exemplifies the intense lights and darks of my life. Ciao, Bella!

Sarahlabyrinth
September 26th, 2014, 09:32 PM
I can't see the photos!

Santi
September 26th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Beautiful hair, Federica! Thanks for sharing your experience & pics.

Chiaroscuro
September 26th, 2014, 09:53 PM

I dye my roots every other month with a deposit only dark brown, a little darker than my natural colour, and make some henna glosses inbetween.
In sunlight it looks much more auburn.

Here it is :) :

http://i.imgur.com/xumoiFIl.jpg

No, I'm from the USA. Are you Italian? Is that an Italian beach? Wow--what beautiful artwork on your back. 'Chiaroscuro' just exemplifies the intense lights and darks of my life. Ciao, Bella!

Sarahlabyrinth: SORRY! Here is the picture.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 26th, 2014, 11:43 PM
I still can't see it! :(

Federica
September 27th, 2014, 01:47 AM
How's that possible, Sarahlabyrinth? I posted the pictures URLs I took on Imgur, and it always worked.
Is there another way to post pictures so you can surely see them?
I would try to post them directly from my computer, but I don't know how, can you help me?

Chiaroscuro, yes, I'm italian and that's an italian beach, Rimini, but it's not a beautiful beach. If you ever plan to visit the italian seaside I warmly suggest you to come to Sardinia, which has really breathtaking landscapes and an emerald transparent sea.

Stray_mind
September 27th, 2014, 01:59 AM
Woow. I have a hair envy. Soo pretty :) Congratulations!

Sarahlabyrinth
September 27th, 2014, 02:02 AM
I am not very technically minded, I upload mine from Photobucket, don't know about other ways of doing it I'm afraid....

Federica
September 27th, 2014, 04:33 AM
I hope someone skilled jump here to show us the way...
I just posted on the FB group the same pictures, so if you're also in it maybe you could see them there! :(

neko_kawaii
September 27th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Sarahlabyrinth, do you by any chance have adblock on? I noticed that when I had it on it blocked seemingly random pictures on LHC (and I had to turn it off because not seeing pictures is more annoying than the ads).

ETA: Wait, I came here to look at Federica's pictures! Your hair is lovely and your tattoo awesome!

Johannah
September 27th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Your hair look sooo much better! And definitely thicker! Congrats! :blossom:

Sarahlabyrinth
September 27th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Sarahlabyrinth, do you by any chance have adblock on? I noticed that when I had it on it blocked seemingly random pictures on LHC (and I had to turn it off because not seeing pictures is more annoying than the ads).

ETA: Wait, I came here to look at Federica's pictures! Your hair is lovely and your tattoo awesome!

Federica, I am not on Facebook. Neko, I don't know how to check if I have adblocker on. I do get ads on LHC though...