PDA

View Full Version : Straight haired folks, what hemline shape do you have?

divinedobbie
September 23rd, 2014, 07:39 PM
I was going to ask this on the "straight and silky" thread but I want to target all the straighties, even those that don't keep up with that thread.

I don't know if it's just me, but everyone I know with straight hair has a blunt straight across hemline. I really like the look of V hemlines but I've only ever seen them on wavy/curly hair and I don't know if they would even complement straight hair.

So if you have straight hair, please tell me which hemline shape you have. And who doesn't love pictures?

DaniJoy
September 23rd, 2014, 07:42 PM
Currently I have a blunt one. Prior and forever had a slight u shape.

dellad
September 23rd, 2014, 08:00 PM
I'm a 1b/1c and currently have a blunt straight hemline. I used to have a v shaped hemline, but I didn't think it flattered my hair. It's personal preference though.

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2014, 08:08 PM
I have a natural v hemline that's starting to go more blunt if that makes sense. I do love my natural v hem line,as it's been stated it's what you prefer.

arr
September 23rd, 2014, 08:09 PM
I currently have an unintentional u-shape and I'm going for blunt. The reason I want a blunt hemline is because I want it to look long from the front when the side hair drifts forward. I hate looking in the mirror and feeling like my hair isn't long enough even though in the back it looks long.

Hedera
September 23rd, 2014, 08:34 PM
Well, I'm still growing out from a short cut, so right now my hemline is all over the place; but I am hoping to return to a U-shaped hemline, like I used to have.

I just think that looks best on virtually any kind of hair, it seems more natural somehow.

divinedobbie
September 23rd, 2014, 08:40 PM
My hemline is currently undistinguishable because I've been growing out layers but it most resembles a v-shape. I'm unhappy with it and hoping to eventually go back to a straight across hem like I had all my life previously.

DreamSheep
September 23rd, 2014, 09:23 PM
My hair is straightish but has layers and a V hemline (I have some pictures on my profile/album).
I've always liked the look of V and tapered hemlines, although I admit now I would slowly like to grow into a more U-shaped hemline. :)

Lirona
September 23rd, 2014, 09:59 PM
I have a U-shaped hemline and I love it!

Macaroni
September 23rd, 2014, 10:16 PM
I keep mine blunt via Feye's Method.

truepeacenik
September 23rd, 2014, 10:22 PM
When I paid to have it cut, I favored U and occasionally V.
Now that I muck up self trimming, it's mostly blunt.

Mainly, I have a section I call the runners, and they are offset to the right.
So my natural hemline is "wonky."

hypersensitive
September 23rd, 2014, 10:44 PM
This thread is reminding me how long it's been since I last trimmed! I go for a shallow V cut. I'm sure it's grown out to an uneven U by now.

stachelbeere
September 23rd, 2014, 11:38 PM
currently my hemline is...ehm, squiggly (http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag76/stachelbeere/september_2014_390x600_2_zps496aac1f.jpg) but I'm aiming for a U hemline, I love the look of them!

Phexlyn
September 24th, 2014, 12:12 AM
I don't really have a visible hemline, so I guess that counts as fairytale ends? I'm trimming straight across to thicken up the lower length.

Trin
September 24th, 2014, 12:36 AM
Mine is dead straight across, no v, no u... it lets me have the most fun with arranging my hair, no need to worry about short strands on the sides (other than growing out bangs)

YGDW
September 24th, 2014, 12:59 AM
I am growing out layers, so it's basically U shaped.

Panth
September 24th, 2014, 01:07 AM
Fairytaled. Which amounts to ... goodness knows what, right now. Something vaguely like a shallow U?

When I used to have it cut more regularly, I would get a shallow U cut in. Now, on the rare occasions I have cuts/trims, I get a blunt cut but only on the tips (so, essentially, making a U-shaped hemline but by only cutting the centre and leaving the outside to grow down, rather than by actively cutting across the entire hemline).

hanne jensen
September 24th, 2014, 01:19 AM
Right now I have an inverted U hemline. When I got cut to long shoulder the front was cut longer so I could put my hair up. I'm gradually trimming the longer front off becausee I want a straight across hemline.

Katlette
September 24th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Last time I trimmed (April!) I had a blunt shallow U hemline. Now, it's grown unevenly and looks more like a lopsided V.

I love the look of a V, but I want more of my thickness to catch up before I trim to that hemline. I don't have massive amounts of taper, but some, and I think the risk with the V is that it looks too thin on straight hair.

Cederin
September 24th, 2014, 03:58 AM
I have an U-shaped, fairytaled hemline which I love! I think it looks more natural that way.

Johannah
September 24th, 2014, 04:10 AM
I'm a 2a when I don't touch my hair when it's air drying, but otherwise I'm a 1c. So I'm going to answer :p I got a U-shaped hemline (as a result of growing out layers and tapers), but I want a blunt hemline.

Esperada
September 24th, 2014, 04:15 AM
I've had a blunt, u and a V I prefer a V on me as I'm very short (under 5ft) and feel that with a blunt it kind of cuts me in half. I currenly have someting kind of between a U and a V but hoping to have a V when I get some more length.

Majorane
September 24th, 2014, 04:21 AM
I love the look of a V-hemline but with my hair, every time I had it it looked frazzled and scraggly. So, right now am straight blunty hemmed (...well maybe a leetle bit crooked, ah...) and while it's not very visually interesting, it looks tidy and neat and also nice and full that way. I might go for a u or shallow V when it's longer, right now I just try to grow and see what happens. :)

Begemot
September 24th, 2014, 05:33 AM
I had straight, blunt cut ends for a long time. Now I have a slight u-shape on my ends and some shorter blunt-ish bits in front.

Skade
September 24th, 2014, 06:04 AM
I have a U shaped hemline. I think it compliments my hair the best.

Gertrude
September 24th, 2014, 07:37 AM
I have a very slight U hemline that looks straight when my hair is part in front and in the back. So looks the same length front and back, but if I pull it all towards the back a very slight U. George Michael salon hemline , not something I manage myself.

My hair looks straggly and any layers can be very clearly seen, not in a good way, as I am a very fine texture 1b.

Larki
September 24th, 2014, 08:22 AM
I very much prefer blunt.

leilani
September 24th, 2014, 08:24 AM
I do a compact cut and then self trim the v point off.

Savvyhorsez
September 24th, 2014, 08:39 AM
My hemline is currently fairy tale until I get to floor, then I hope to thicken my hemline up.:)
This is an older photo from a number of months ago, but it shows my hemline the best:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9629&d=1394243636

Shock and D'aww
September 24th, 2014, 09:04 AM
I've been trimming my v-layers into a medium U. I like it so I'll probably keep it like this.

brickworld13
September 24th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Currently have blunt ends. I have had and liked V and U hems as well, but I only just started trimming my own hair. I'm not very skilled yet, and the blunt cut is easier to do to myself. Not to mention I'm still cutting out damage from pre-LHC bad decisions.

brickworld13
September 24th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Double post

brickworld13
September 24th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Triple post.

I've got some skills today.

nuvola
September 24th, 2014, 09:15 AM
I have a straight across hemline. I thought about getting an U-Form, but i really like having everything in one length.
My hair and also the hemline look different from time to time though.

Day 1 after washing out of bed
http://up.picr.de/19615587nb.jpg

Day 4 after washing with funny ends because of wearing a bun
http://up.picr.de/19615585we.jpg

zellfaze
September 24th, 2014, 01:51 PM
My hair has a straight hemline. I never really thought about fairytale, V, or U to be honest. I might give a V hemline a try sometime.

Verdandi
September 24th, 2014, 02:05 PM
I have a wonky sometimes v, sometimes u-hem, the hairs in the center back grows much faster than the sides, so I chose to embrace it instead of fighting it with a blunt cut.

Vanilla
September 24th, 2014, 02:15 PM
My hair is 1c with a slight U hemline. I think this hemline is my favorite because I like the way my hair looks when down, and it's also a bit easier to tuck my ends in for updos.

See my signature pic for what my hair looks like.

FairHairedDane
September 24th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Currently a somewhat farie tale/ U shape but I am going for a more blunt one, because it make my thin hair look like it has more volume at the ends.

RapunzelKat
September 24th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Mine is currently blunt (see sigpic :)). I like it because it keeps the bottom as thick as possible and seems to help my ends stay protected.
Once my microtrimming gets it a bit thicker though, I might opt for a soft U.

Hemlines are really personal preference though - I'm sure a deep U or V would look nice on straight hair as well. :D

embee
September 24th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Fairytale ends. Best for my updo.

AspenSong
September 24th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Mine is blunt cut, though with my ends being finer it's not super evident.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2n88o5w.jpg

PrairieRose
September 24th, 2014, 04:34 PM
When my hair was longer I preferred a U shaped hemline. I don't quite have that now since I cut it.But I plan to get back to a U as I continue to grow.

Laura_F
September 25th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Right now, I have a U-shaped hemline.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m229/Lateralus139/14August72014-BraStrapLength-24.jpg (http://s105.photobucket.com/user/Lateralus139/media/14August72014-BraStrapLength-24.jpg.html)

The longer it gets, however, it becomes more V-shaped.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m229/Lateralus139/IMG_1510.jpg (http://s105.photobucket.com/user/Lateralus139/media/IMG_1510.jpg.html)

This time around in the growing out process, I would prefer to maintain the U-shape.

Laura_F
September 25th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Btw, beautiful hair, AspenSong!

Accalia
September 25th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Blunt cut. I love U and V hemlines but I think my ends are too thin for those...