PDA

View Full Version : How to tame fluffy hair after using a BBB?

Jennwith4
September 23rd, 2014, 03:35 PM
After brushing with my BBB my wavy hair becomes very full and fluffy. Any tips to tame it down again? I tried braiding overnight but it fluffed out again with just a light finger combing. :(

Lyv
September 23rd, 2014, 03:45 PM
I would put a little avocado oil on my hands and run it through and it would tame the poof a little, if it was extra poofy a tiny bit of aloe mixed with the oil usually did the trick. I avoid the BBB like crazy now that my hair is so short, major mushroom head if I don't haha.

lapushka
September 23rd, 2014, 04:12 PM
I don't want my wave pattern disturbed, so my hair simply isn't brushed. Fluff comes with brushing. The only way to tame it down is to re-wet the hair. You can do so either by misting or by using the washcloth method (wet a washcloth (wring it out some) then scrunch with it).

Jennwith4
September 23rd, 2014, 06:45 PM
lapushka, I stopped brushing to keep my wave pattern and yesterday was the first time I've brushed in a long while. I wanted to move my oils down my hair. I knew I would lose most of my waves and that it would fluff out but thought a braid alone would tame it. :( I've never heard of or tried that washcloth method before. Gonna try that out! Thank you. :)

Thank you, lyv, I tried out the oil and it did help some!

Madora
September 23rd, 2014, 08:00 PM
Jennwith4, the "fluffiness" is because the brush creates static. You can greatly reduce the static caused by brushing if you follow each stroke of the brush with the palm of your other hand. The brush is the plus (+) and your palm is the minus (-).

If this is too much for you, then gather your detangled hair in one hand, and use the other to go down the length several times.

As for taming, a drop or 2 of baby oil (mineral oil) helps a lot. MO is very lightweight and doesn't make the hair heavy. You put the MO on your palms/fingers, then pull your hands through your hair until the sheen has almost vanished from your palms. MO has no after scent and washes out in the next shampoo...and it is dead cheap.

hennalonghair
September 23rd, 2014, 08:24 PM
I do most of my brushing at night before bedtime. In the morning after brushing I wet my hands and run them through my hair a couple of times. The mister bottle works great. I get the small ones at the dollar store and fill them up with 25% of my favourite hair conditioner, 10% aloe Vera gel and the rest with water. Give it and shake, spray on hair and scrunch up the ends a little. This works great for my wavy/curly hair type. Plus the small bottles can fit in your purse. It works without aloe Vera gel but on extra humid days a touch of gel also helps calm down the frizz.
Try experimenting to see what works best for you .