PDA

View Full Version : I got my first Ficcare

melesine
September 23rd, 2014, 01:18 PM
I'm so excited I got my first Ficcare, the matte gold. I'm home alone so I can't post a picture but I have my hair up in a French twist with it. I bought the large and I love how I can't even feel it and hair feels very secure. I'm wondering if anyone sleeps in them because I think this would be perfect for me for sleeping. I have been wearing the Old Navy clips that are a little similar. But the Ficcare is so much better, nothing sticks out. The old navy one barely fit and the end always stuck out.

Now I'm planning my next purchase, probably the orange.

Quasiquixotic
September 23rd, 2014, 03:25 PM
This is wonderful news! they are very special. I've thought the same thing, you'll have to let know how you like sleeping in them :)

Adiro
September 23rd, 2014, 04:06 PM
FIrst of all, congratulations!!!!
Then, wow, I am surprised somebody can actually be THAT comfortable with a ficcare in their hear, on me they actually hurt, the part by the hinge always digs into my head, and if ir'a not that it's the beak. and they feel heavy, the roots of my hair often hurt after wearing ficcare for a few hours.
probably I could only sleep with one, if I slept on my tummy, otherwise all sides of my head would be unconfortable.
Maybe I am just not that lucky with ficcare.( I do own 5 but they might go for swap eventually)

78Whispers
September 23rd, 2014, 04:10 PM
Congratulations! I had a definite learning curve but once I figured out which coils to catch up my first (and so far only, but probably not for too long) became very comfortable. Enjoy yours!

melesine
September 23rd, 2014, 06:14 PM
Thanks everyone. I've wanted one for ages but they are pricey and no local stores carry them so it was hard to bite the bullet and purchase sight unseen. I'm so glad I did though.

Amapola
September 23rd, 2014, 07:05 PM
Congratulations! I have slept in mine, and take naps in them no problem. When I'm going to use one at night I put it up on top of my head so I won't lay on it at all. And I agree, they are very comfortable and one of my favorite hair toys. I can put one in and wear it all day long, my hair never moves, I never even know it's up there (I often will check with my hand, thinking it's gone!) and no matter what I do my hair stays good. Even if the goats knock me down on the ground. :p

I think you are going to love them. The orange one is a lovely choice after the gold one!

melesine
September 23rd, 2014, 08:14 PM
Thanks Amapola, I like the idea of sleeping in it high up. I bet it stays put through all my tossing and turning unlike my sleeping cap.

Willowyn
September 23rd, 2014, 08:23 PM
Congratulations and welcome to the Dark Side!! Once you start....it's (almost) impossible to stop!

NaClH2O
September 23rd, 2014, 10:05 PM
I have slept in ficcares :p they are very comfortable in a Lazy Wrab Bun right smack dab on the top of my head. I usually go for a Jeterfork, but ficcares work in a pinch.

I also work out in them. NOTHING else holds my hair better through a good cardio workout.

Congrats on your first purchase and welcome to the addiction!