PDA

View Full Version : Please give me your opinion of my hair type :)

Wosie
September 22nd, 2014, 05:11 PM
I have put my hair as 1c/2a, but I'm still curious about what you all think of its type. I washed it with Head & Shoulders and did a CWC today. It's mostly dry but maybe not completely (I can't stay up any longer, sadly, so I can't let it dry completely). It's tedious to take hair typing pictures, so I doubt I'll be doing this again, at least for a long while!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13225&d=1411427200

I usually comb and brush my hair a lot, so it never looks this wavy otherwise. Also, when I sleep on it it also loses some of its wave.

Thanks in advance. :o

gthlvrmx
September 22nd, 2014, 05:18 PM
I think it's 1c.

katieing
September 22nd, 2014, 05:36 PM
I would say 2a, maybe 2b. Your hair is so shiny!

skeletonous
September 22nd, 2014, 05:39 PM
I would say 2a, it looks like a lot of stretched out "S" waves to me :)

jupiterinleo
September 22nd, 2014, 05:39 PM
I think you're a solid 2a.

Quasiquixotic
September 22nd, 2014, 05:40 PM
I would type your hair as beautiful.

Oh, that's not what you were looking for? :wannabe:

I was told I was 1c (right most photo in my siggy). Based on that I think you are 2a. Awesome!!

DweamGoiL
September 22nd, 2014, 05:40 PM
I think 1c/2a is about right!

cathair
September 22nd, 2014, 05:44 PM
Some of your waves on the left arn't stretched out and look 2b-ish. The ones on the right look more 2a-ish. Maybe 2a/2b? I hate being the first one to say this, but I am not sure if it counts as a true hair typing picture if you conditioned. Looks lovely and shiny!

Wosie
September 22nd, 2014, 05:52 PM
Oh wow, I'm so excited about possibly being a 2a (when I first hair typed myself I chose 1b, by the way). :o Looking forward to hearing more opinions, they're all valuable (it's really hard for me to judge my hair's type as I see it every day and I can't look at myself objectively). And thank you, katieing. :flowers:
(Maybe it's time for me to finally let go of the exaggerated brushing, then...)

Quasi, :laugh:, you're adorable. :D Muchas gracias!!

cathair, You might be right, I've heard different opinions about this. Some peeps say it's totally fine to condition when doing a hair typing picture, as long as you don't touch it or otherwise manipulate with it afterwards (I was itching to oil it when it's damp as I always do, but I managed to refrain from it). :)

Edit: Now I stayed up late anyway, because I was so curious about your answers! And I have to wake up early tomorrow... Either way, thanks for all your replies. :blossom:

rags
September 22nd, 2014, 06:03 PM
I'm going to say solid 2am at least, if not 2a/2b. You're definitely not in the 1's!

divinedobbie
September 22nd, 2014, 08:24 PM
Definitely 2a, if not even 2a/2b