PDA

View Full Version : Taper, wispy and see through ends. Possible culprit = hair loss?

divinedobbie
September 22nd, 2014, 03:40 PM
Sorry guys but this is another thread about hair loss and I really need some advice and opinions.

Beginning around May, I noticed I was shedding lots and lots of hair, especially on the night before wash day and after washing. I attributed this to my hair getting really gross and not handling all the sebum/buildup so I switched to washing every two days. It seemed to maybe get a little better but I was still shedding lots, mostly I noticed that I would be losing fingerfuls of hair after washing. I thought it was seasonal but it's been 5 months and hasn't gotten any better.

I never counted but I'm guessing I'm losing around 50-80 hairs after washing and then 20 or so more throughout the day. I realize that 80-100 hairs per day is normal, but that's not my normal. For as long as I can remember, I shed very little: 5-10 hairs after washing and then nothing particularly noticeable during the day.

When I first found LHC and measured my ponytail circumference in January, I got 2.75". But, when I measured a month later I consistently got just over 2.5" so I assumed my first measurement was just inaccurate. Since then I checked monthly and always got 2.5", until slowly it went to just under 2.5" and now I'm measuring 2.25". I keep telling myself I must be measuring tighter now but I think it's time I face reality.

My hair also looks very ragged. The last 6-8 inches are super wispy and see-through. I got a really bad haircut and extensions 16 months ago. When I took the extensions out, my hair was uneven and very thinned out due to razor layers. I've been growing them out, and cutting damage away every few months but my ends still look terrible. I keep blaming the layers but it's been 16 months and I'm starting to think my hair should have improved more by now, I'm starting to think it's shedding that's thinning my ends.

It's scary because I'm only 18, I eat healthy, drink plenty, keep fit.

Here are some photos. In the first photo, the top two pictures are of my hair a few years ago when I was a daily hair abuser. The bottom two are right after I took out my extensions and got razor layers. The second photo compares my ponytail, the two pictures on the left are from a few days ago, the two on the right are from a few years ago. The third photo shows my hair today. Someone please tell me whether I'm over-reacting, imagining things, expecting too much? Time to go to the doctor? Keeping in mind I just moved and it's going to be difficult and take time to find a new doctor.

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab33/divinedobbie/064fd88e-6842-4263-bee3-a2699098afcd_zps9b3f41e7.jpg (http://s847.photobucket.com/user/divinedobbie/media/064fd88e-6842-4263-bee3-a2699098afcd_zps9b3f41e7.jpg.html)

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab33/divinedobbie/b5efc7d6-79a7-4382-847a-901b9116870b_zps16817c29.jpg (http://s847.photobucket.com/user/divinedobbie/media/b5efc7d6-79a7-4382-847a-901b9116870b_zps16817c29.jpg.html)

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab33/divinedobbie/e851156e-8d99-4f87-b8dd-192a62b2ca0d_zpsd4c7be93.jpg (http://s847.photobucket.com/user/divinedobbie/media/e851156e-8d99-4f87-b8dd-192a62b2ca0d_zpsd4c7be93.jpg.html)

gthlvrmx
September 22nd, 2014, 03:44 PM
Your hair looks perfectly fine to me. It doesn't look too thin to me :)

lapushka
September 22nd, 2014, 03:53 PM
Have you changed your routine around?

divinedobbie
September 22nd, 2014, 03:56 PM
Also wanted to cut out some factors that I've seen mentioned in other threads:
I haven't lost weight.
I don't oil my hair.
I don't CO wash.
I haven't changed my diet or cut out any foods.
I'm not under any stress.
I've gone back and forth from cones to no cones, still shed with both. Currently using a conditioner with cones.
I'm sulfate free but I clarify every so often and doesn't help my shedding.
I've changed shampoos/conditioners quite a few times so I don't think it's an ingredient or sensitivity.
All the hairs have the white roots/bulbs so it's not breakage.

divinedobbie
September 22nd, 2014, 04:04 PM
Have you changed your routine around?

I change shampoos/conditioners about every two months so I've probably changed them about three times since I noticed increased shedding. Still same wash method - shampoo and condition. I used to wash every three days when the shedding was the worst, I just switched to washing daily a few days ago. I also recently (two weeks ago) switched back to cones after being cone free for around 10 months. I don't oil or do any treatments. I hennaed for the first time a month ago but I was already shedding before then. I started using cassia somewhere around the time I noticed the shedding but the last time I did a cassia treatment was at the beginning of June so I doubt I'd still be shedding from it three months later? Can't think of anything else

nikolette
September 22nd, 2014, 04:06 PM
Sorry guys but this is another thread about hair loss and I really need some advice and opinions.

Beginning around May, I noticed I was shedding lots and lots of hair, especially on the night before wash day and after washing. I attributed this to my hair getting really gross and not handling all the sebum/buildup so I switched to washing every two days. It seemed to maybe get a little better but I was still shedding lots, mostly I noticed that I would be losing fingerfuls of hair after washing. I thought it was seasonal but it's been 5 months and hasn't gotten any better.

I never counted but I'm guessing I'm losing around 50-80 hairs after washing and then 20 or so more throughout the day. I realize that 80-100 hairs per day is normal, but that's not my normal. For as long as I can remember, I shed very little: 5-10 hairs after washing and then nothing particularly noticeable during the day.

When I first found LHC and measured my ponytail circumference in January, I got 2.75". But, when I measured a month later I consistently got just over 2.5" so I assumed my first measurement was just inaccurate. Since then I checked monthly and always got 2.5", until slowly it went to just under 2.5" and now I'm measuring 2.25". I keep telling myself I must be measuring tighter now but I think it's time I face reality.

My hair also looks very ragged. The last 6-8 inches are super wispy and see-through. I got a really bad haircut and extensions 16 months ago. When I took the extensions out, my hair was uneven and very thinned out due to razor layers. I've been growing them out, and cutting damage away every few months but my ends still look terrible. I keep blaming the layers but it's been 16 months and I'm starting to think my hair should have improved more by now, I'm starting to think it's shedding that's thinning my ends.

Here are some photos. In the first photo, the top two pictures are of my hair a few years ago when I was a daily hair abuser. The bottom two are right after I took out my extensions and got razor layers. The second photo compares my ponytail, the two pictures on the left are from a few days ago, the two on the right are from a few years ago. The third photo shows my hair today. Someone please tell me whether I'm over-reacting, imagining things, expecting too much? Time to go to the doctor? Keeping in mind I just moved and it's going to be difficult and take time to find a new doctor.

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab33/divinedobbie/064fd88e-6842-4263-bee3-a2699098afcd_zps9b3f41e7.jpg (http://s847.photobucket.com/user/divinedobbie/media/064fd88e-6842-4263-bee3-a2699098afcd_zps9b3f41e7.jpg.html)

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab33/divinedobbie/b5efc7d6-79a7-4382-847a-901b9116870b_zps16817c29.jpg (http://s847.photobucket.com/user/divinedobbie/media/b5efc7d6-79a7-4382-847a-901b9116870b_zps16817c29.jpg.html)

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab33/divinedobbie/e851156e-8d99-4f87-b8dd-192a62b2ca0d_zpsd4c7be93.jpg (http://s847.photobucket.com/user/divinedobbie/media/e851156e-8d99-4f87-b8dd-192a62b2ca0d_zpsd4c7be93.jpg.html)

Hi, I think the culprit is the razor layers. I would go get a hair cut - ask your hair stylist to cut your hair DRY and with a shears. Should solve the problem!

Edit: also perhaps after haircut, maybe a good clarifying shampoo? Honestly it just looks like your hair has oil buildup. Also, shedding is seasonal... I always shed more during certain times of the year. I would try these quick fixes before working yourself up and seeing a doctor.

Maybe also take biotin?

lapushka
September 22nd, 2014, 04:07 PM
Kinda difficult to work out what's going on here. I do think I see a difference in the circ of your ponytail from 2010 to now, but the extensions might have a *lot* to do with that.

Lyv
September 22nd, 2014, 04:17 PM
Have you thought about having your hormones checked? Or if you're on any meds maybe it's from that? I don't think it looks very thin in the pictures but you know your hair better than anyone.

divinedobbie
September 22nd, 2014, 04:19 PM
Kinda difficult to work out what's going on here. I do think I see a difference in the circ of your ponytail from 2010 to now, but the extensions might have a *lot* to do with that.

I also blamed this for a long time. I've been keeping track of my hair growth since January and it seems to be consistently 1/2" so my hair should have grown out roughly 8" since the extensions. Any hair that might have been pulled out and any baby hairs that consequently grew out should be long enough to fit into my ponytail so my circumference should be increasing instead of decreasing - unless the follicles are so damaged that my hair never grew back which is frightening to think about, and I don't know how I could inspect my scalp and see if that's the problem.

Have you thought about having your hormones checked? Or if you're on any meds maybe it's from that? I don't think it looks very thin in the pictures but you know your hair better than anyone.

I feel like I don't know my hair at all :p. I think my hair is thinner but I can't tell if that's because I'm just paying more attention to that lately. I can tell the ends are definitely way thinner than they used to be but that could be from the layers even though technically I should've actually grown them out by now. I'm not on any meds at all, never have been. I really do want to check my hormones and maybe iron/vitamin levels but I don't want to waste my doctor's time if I'm over reacting so I've been putting it off, and now I moved so it's a lot harder.

I just want to mention that the middle photo here is all my hair pulled to the front, which is a huge difference from my hair pulled to the front in 2010.

molljo
September 22nd, 2014, 05:26 PM
Just to be safe, I think you should get your hormones checked. Those conditions are shockingly common, and it's better to be safe than sorry. Hormones affect way more than hair.

I do think that the extensions coupled with the razored layers played a part. Maybe you should microtrim and maintain at 25 inches for a while and see if your thickness improves?

Kherome
September 22nd, 2014, 05:35 PM
A few things: Razor layers are the devil. I would get 3" cut off right away to try to rid your ends of those. They expose the cortex of the hair and cause really bad upward traveling split ends. Stop the hemorrhaging and get it cut above them!
Chelating is good. Do it. Clarifying isn't enough many times.
Healthy hair actually seems to compact more than damaged hair, probably because the scales are laying down instead of being raised up, allowing the hairs to lie closer to one another.

ARG
September 22nd, 2014, 05:53 PM
Have you moved? I notice that my scalp hates hard water, and I do tend to shed more and have more issues with it than with soft water.

nikolette
September 22nd, 2014, 06:15 PM
Also, would like to mention that my hair has changed texture multiple times in my life. It use to be stick straight before puberty and then got curly. After 25 my curls loosened again.

meteor
September 22nd, 2014, 07:03 PM

[...] Someone please tell me whether I'm over-reacting, imagining things, expecting too much? Time to go to the doctor? Keeping in mind I just moved and it's going to be difficult and take time to find a new doctor.

First of all, I highly recommend getting a doctor, regardless. Everybody needs regular check-ups - and if hair concerns make you look for a doctor, that's not bad!
I recommend mentioning to your doctor any issues that you have so that he/she can target the tests for you: particularly thyroid hormones, ferritin, B12, stuff like that can often show in hair.

However, I highly suspect 2 culprits:
1) Extensions - some of them can really damage hair follicles, depending on how they are applied and removed. They are known to cause hair-loss, unfortunately. If in the future you want extensions again, please use safe clip-ins!
2) Old damage and razor cut - razor cuts aren't great (see picture below) and damage is cumulative, so until you grow out hair, you might still see those thinner ends.
Unskilled razor cutting can leave a long 'tail' on the severed hair, which may lead to breakdown of the end of the hair: http://pgbeautyscience.com/assets/images/twoh/Chapter%202/Damage%2012.jpg
http://pgbeautyscience.com/hair-damage.php

Damage does grow out! And hair does grow back after hair-loss! :D Your hair is naturally absolutely gorgeous! :D You didn't need any extensions at all, and if you want to experiment again, please do choose safer options like clip-ins and wigs. :flower:

divinedobbie
September 22nd, 2014, 07:06 PM
Just to be safe, I think you should get your hormones checked. Those conditions are shockingly common, and it's better to be safe than sorry. Hormones affect way more than hair.

I do think that the extensions coupled with the razored layers played a part. Maybe you should microtrim and maintain at 25 inches for a while and see if your thickness improves?

I guess I'll try and find a doctor and get a requisition to get my hormones checked out, even just for peace of mind. Better to be safe than sorry :)
I'm actually at 26" now, just haven't updated my stats. I usually maintain at 26". Since the whole extensions/layer incident, I've been trimming 2" every four months (my hair grows at a reliable 1/2" per month) so technically I've already trimmed away 8" and I should be rid of all the layers. That's why I'm starting to get worried why my ends are still so thin.

A few things: Razor layers are the devil. I would get 3" cut off right away to try to rid your ends of those. They expose the cortex of the hair and cause really bad upward traveling split ends. Stop the hemorrhaging and get it cut above them!
Chelating is good. Do it. Clarifying isn't enough many times.
Healthy hair actually seems to compact more than damaged hair, probably because the scales are laying down instead of being raised up, allowing the hairs to lie closer to one another.

See above about trims:) I recently moved (almost a month ago) to an area with hard water, previously I had very soft water. I've been meaning to chelate but I cannot find a chelating shampoo anywhere, nor any citric acid for the homemade chelator. That seems like a good theory, I hope that is the case.

Have you moved? I notice that my scalp hates hard water, and I do tend to shed more and have more issues with it than with soft water.
I actually did just move a month ago to an area with (just verging on) hard water, but when the shedding started I lived in an area with very soft water.

mamaherrera
September 22nd, 2014, 07:11 PM
so are you saying your layers are completely grown out?? Because my ends look terrible, but I do have a layer still in my hairs, and my hair always looks transparent, because it's naturally curly so it doesn't like to be all together, it poofs. But many things can change hair, I always think my hair looks bad, but my husband always goes back to the fact that my ponytail measurement is the same, varying a bit. But it's so hard to say, when I was shedding like 150 per day, my ponytail still measured the same, from your ponytails, it's best to get with numbers, not pictures, because the most recent one you were farther away and even a change in angle can make it appear different, so it's hard to say. How to check if follicles have died?? That' s a good one. I would love to check that too as I always think I'm losing hair too. I'm shedding 70-80 per day and at my best, I usually shed 50 per day, so I'm a little up too. I hope you find something, if you're not stressed, that is good cuz that can mess with hormones too. Look at me!

divinedobbie
September 22nd, 2014, 07:17 PM
First of all, I highly recommend getting a doctor, regardless. Everybody needs regular check-ups - and if hair concerns make you look for a doctor, that's not bad!
I recommend mentioning to your doctor any issues that you have so that he/she can target the tests for you: particularly thyroid hormones, ferritin, B12, stuff like that can often show in hair.

However, I highly suspect 2 culprits:
1) Extensions - some of them can really damage hair follicles, depending on how they are applied and removed. They are known to cause hair-loss, unfortunately. If in the future you want extensions again, please use safe clip-ins!
2) Old damage and razor cut - razor cuts aren't great (see picture below) and damage is cumulative, so until you grow out hair, you might still see those thinner ends.
Unskilled razor cutting can leave a long 'tail' on the severed hair, which may lead to breakdown of the end of the hair: http://pgbeautyscience.com/assets/images/twoh/Chapter%202/Damage%2012.jpg
http://pgbeautyscience.com/hair-damage.php

Damage does grow out! And hair does grow back after hair-loss! :D Your hair is naturally absolutely gorgeous! :D You didn't need any extensions at all, and if you want to experiment again, please do choose safer options like clip-ins and wigs. :flower:

I answered most of the stuff you said before I saw your post and you're completely right. I'm mostly worried about any permanent damage the extensions caused. I just wore them once for grad because I had been growing out dye and chopped off a lot of hair so it was really short (BSL, short for my standards) but it definitely took a toll on my hair. I'm never going to wear extensions again though, it was a terrible experience. I feel like the layers didn't go that high up in my hair so I should've grown them out by now yet it looks like I haven't and I can't tell if that's because they really are still there or if it's something else that's thinning out my hair. Thank you for the support :)

divinedobbie
September 22nd, 2014, 07:17 PM
double post.

But I'll take the opportunity to say I've been thinking a lot about the whole hard water thing and I realized that I was travelling overseas at the same time as the extension/layers thing and the country I was in had hard water and I never chelated, even when I got back. I wonder if my hair has been carrying that mineral build up for a year and that's been causing me this grief? Although I've heard henna is a natural chelator so it should have gotten rid of the build up? I'll definitely try chelating before I cut off my hair. It would be a shame to learn I've been trimming off ends all this time that might have been saved just by chelating.

Panth
September 23rd, 2014, 01:03 AM
I agree that it's hard to tell because of the extensions & razoring. It could just be damage, it could be shedding... it's hard to tell. What I would say is that it's very very unlikely that the extensions have permanently damaged your hair follicles. Yes, that is technically possible but it's usually seen with styles that cause very severe tension on the hair and thus repeatedly pull the hairs out, causing traction alopecia. One set of extensions probably wouldn't do that. The classic style that causes that (at least in doctor's textbooks) is cornrows done too tight and with the same partings over and over again. It needs repeated and severe abuse to the follicles to be permanent.

The problem is that hair generally grows out very slowly, damage included. Also, new growth tends to be hard to spot until it's at least a few inches long and doesn't improve the general look of the hair until it's often 6-12" long or longer.

A few more ideas:
- definitely chelate, esp. if you've been in a hard water area - it won't fix the thinness, but it will make things feel and look better (and no, I don't think henna chelates - you want a shampoo that either says "chelating" or "swimmer's shampoo" on it)
- it won't hurt to go to to doctor for a routine check-up (check vitamins/minerals, especially iron and B12, and hormone levels, especially sex hormones and thyroid hormones)
- have you any dandruff-like condition? scalp eczema, seborrheic dermatitis and other conditions can cause major hairloss if left untreated - if so, it's best to get it formally diagnosed as treatments for, e.g. eczema, can exacerbate, e.g. seborrheic dermatitis, and vice versa

divinedobbie
September 24th, 2014, 11:54 AM
So I chelated (and clarified) this morning and it didn't really make a difference, but I'm not sure if I did it right.

So first I washed with a sulfate shampoo.
Then I poured the chelating solution I made over my head and soaked the ends in it.
Washed out, repeated.
Applied conditioner, washed out. Diluted the chelating solution and then poured it over my head as a final rinse.

I couldn't find any chelating shampoos at all. I went to two beauty supply stores and two hair salons and none of them had it. The one girl never even heard of it and the other one tried to argue and say it's the same as clarifying. So instead I went to a health store and bought citric and ascorbic acid and added about 1/2 tsp of citric acid and a 1/8 tsp ascorbic acid to two cups water to make a chelating solution.

My hair pretty much feels the same, maybe a little smoother but that could be placebo effect. Do you think I should order a real chelating shampoo online to give that a try or is hard water not my problem?

ETA: I should add that a week ago today I went back to daily washing for the heck of it (more convenient right now etc) and I didn't notice a difference in shedding. But a couple days later I shed less than 1/2 of the amount. Yesterday I only saw maybe 10 hairs and today just a few. Fingers crossed that maybe my hair is happy again even if its coincidence!

ETA2: I've made a doctors appointment for next week and I'll ask about getting my hormones and blood work tested anyway. Also I've never had dandruff or scalp problems, but my health has been weird for the past year. My memory has gotten so bad, no concentration, tired, no motivation or desire to do anything, extremely painful periods, tummy aches, on and off diarrhea after eating. Tried to cut out foods such as lactose, gluten etc but problems persisted so a doctor is a good idea anyway.

Panth
September 24th, 2014, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure that acid rinses actually chelate (or, at least, they likely only prevent excessive mineral build-up when used regularly - I don't think they'll shift major build-up). You're best looking for a "swimmer's shampoo" - those are chelating shampoos. Although they are designed to remove chlorine build-up, they work just as well on mineral build-up from hard water or well water.

Acid rinses will make the hair's cuticle lie flatter, making the hair more shiny and smooth. That's not placebo, that's science! ;)

I'd definitely go see the doctor. The symptoms you list could be many things. Tiredness/lack of motivation could be (among many things) a problem with your thyroid hormones, or some sort of anaemia (either iron-deficiency or B12-deficiency). Painful periods could be (among many things) PCOS. All of those can cause hair loss. Having your vitamin, mineral and hormone levels checked would be a good start, as would a chat with the doctor (both about the hair issue and all the other issues).

Good to hear your scalp is happy. It's nice to be able to rule out one set of problems.

divinedobbie
September 24th, 2014, 12:25 PM
I'm not sure that acid rinses actually chelate (or, at least, they likely only prevent excessive mineral build-up when used regularly - I don't think they'll shift major build-up). You're best looking for a "swimmer's shampoo" - those are chelating shampoos. Although they are designed to remove chlorine build-up, they work just as well on mineral build-up from hard water or well water.

Acid rinses will make the hair's cuticle lie flatter, making the hair more shiny and smooth. That's not placebo, that's science! ;)

I'd definitely go see the doctor. The symptoms you list could be many things. Tiredness/lack of motivation could be (among many things) a problem with your thyroid hormones, or some sort of anaemia (either iron-deficiency or B12-deficiency). Painful periods could be (among many things) PCOS. All of those can cause hair loss. Having your vitamin, mineral and hormone levels checked would be a good start, as would a chat with the doctor (both about the hair issue and all the other issues).

Good to hear your scalp is happy. It's nice to be able to rule out one set of problems.

You seem to know what youre talking about so I'll ask you if you know what ingredients I should be looking for in a chelating/swimmers shampoo. I hate ordering online and I'd like to avoid it if I can. The only shampoo I found locally that kind of sounded like it would chelate said "Hair cleansing shampoo that clarifies and works to remove copper, iron, hard water minerals and styling product build-up on all hair types. Formulated with fruit acids to add shine, purify and refresh hair" but called it a cleansing cream shampoo (redken).

divinedobbie
September 24th, 2014, 12:39 PM

This is where I got my info from: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1689 :)

Panth
September 24th, 2014, 01:38 PM
You seem to know what youre talking about so I'll ask you if you know what ingredients I should be looking for in a chelating/swimmers shampoo. I hate ordering online and I'd like to avoid it if I can. The only shampoo I found locally that kind of sounded like it would chelate said "Hair cleansing shampoo that clarifies and works to remove copper, iron, hard water minerals and styling product build-up on all hair types. Formulated with fruit acids to add shine, purify and refresh hair" but called it a cleansing cream shampoo (redken).

The usual chelating ingredient is EDTA. However, you can't just look for EDTA in the ingredients list as it's also used (in much lower concentrations) in most shampoos where it is used as a preservative and/or pH balancer. Chelating shampoos have higher concentrations of EDTA. Unfortunately, toiletries don't have to put concentrations on the ingredients list, only list the ingredients in order of concentration, so you won't be able to figure out if there's enough EDTA for it to work.

There's a list of chelating shampoos here (http://nadiasnotes.com/2011/06/24/tkc-chelating-v-clarifying-shampoos/). Also, apparently I was wrong - citric acid rinses will chelate. It's vinegar rinses that only prevent/slow mineral build-up. I got muddled.

I also know that the Pantene Clarifying Shampoo (Classic Clarifying shampoo, clear bottle and clear shampoo, two-tone blue label) both clarifies and chelates. (It took all the limescale off my sink when I used it...)

divinedobbie
September 28th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Popping in with a tiny update.

My doctor's appointment is on Wednesday and I have a Lab appointment on Friday (contingent on my doc giving me a requisition for the tests). So today I called my mom and asked her about our family medical history in case the doctor asks if theres history of hair loss...to find out that both my aunt and uncle on my mom's side have thyroid problems and are on meds and I remember I was told a long time ago that both my aunts on my dad's side had thyroid issues after Chernobyl (I believe they both had thyroid cancer but I can't be sure). Now I'm super worried.

Johannah
September 28th, 2014, 02:37 PM

My doctor's appointment is on Wednesday and I have a Lab appointment on Friday (contingent on my doc giving me a requisition for the tests). So today I called my mom and asked her about our family medical history in case the doctor asks if theres history of hair loss...to find out that both my aunt and uncle on my mom's side have thyroid problems and are on meds and I remember I was told a long time ago that both my aunts on my dad's side had thyroid issues after Chernobyl (I believe they both had thyroid cancer but I can't be sure). Now I'm super worried.

If this is the case with you, it could explain everything. I hope everything will be alright. Let us know! :blossom:

lapushka
September 28th, 2014, 03:08 PM

Definitely tell the doctor about the thyroid issues within your family. S/He might base the tests off of that to do a thorougher blood panel. Anyway, let us know! :flower:

Panth
September 29th, 2014, 01:10 AM
Definitely tell the doctor about the thyroid issues within your family. S/He might base the tests off of that to do a thorougher blood panel. Anyway, let us know! :flower:

I agree. Definitely mention the family history.

But try not to worry too much! Good luck!