PDA

View Full Version : Perfecter fusion styler

littlemonster
September 21st, 2014, 09:33 PM
So, insomnia and late night TV infomercials. I saw this thing advertised. http://www.perfecter.co.uk

They were showing it used as a round brush (like with a hairdryer), and for straightening and curling. And holding their hands on all parts of it for ages, despite it reaching 356F/180C.

I know logically it's going to be damaging, and probably not as good as they show - but does anyone else see stuff like this and really want to try it? Or just me?

Sarahlabyrinth
September 21st, 2014, 10:04 PM
Oh, there's no way I am trying THAT! No heat on my hair.

Santi
September 21st, 2014, 10:47 PM
I have the Instyler. It's the same concept but w/o the brush. I haven't used it in over a year. I had a lot of heat damage from heat styling tools. Change the channel!:)

Loribelle
November 8th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Littlemonster, I am SO with you! I just saw that infomercial and thought the same ting. They must say "it's actually good for your hair" over a hundred times! HOW? How can heat be good? But then you listen to the pseudo-scientific nonsense about ions and such, and they make it seem plausible...
For some reason, I really want to try it, but logically, my brain says "RUN!"

Johannah
November 8th, 2014, 12:38 PM
There's no way I would try that!

Entangled
November 8th, 2014, 12:45 PM
It reminds me of an electric heat-comb thing my mom had and used to use. It heated up and was used like a curling iron or comb. It looks like a green, skinny barrel curling iron with spikes. I haven't seen it for a long time.