PDA

View Full Version : Help with products that don't have protein

Juliet15
September 21st, 2014, 06:15 PM
I think I have been over treating my dry, damaged hair with too much protein. Can someone help me with shampoos and conditioners that don't have protein. I think I am OK with cones. I didn't realize the products that I have been using had protein in them, so I just kept using more when my hair seemed dry. Now I have a dry, frizzy mess with ends that are almost impossible to untangle. In reading up on this it seems exactly like protein overload. Any suggestions on favorite protein free products would be greatly appreciated!!

gthlvrmx
September 21st, 2014, 06:19 PM
Suave naturals strawberry and ocean breeze shampoo and conditioner dont have protein in them :)

Juliet15
September 21st, 2014, 06:21 PM
Great, thanks gthlvrmx. I was hoping some of the suggestions wouldn't be too expensive!!:o

gthlvrmx
September 21st, 2014, 06:24 PM
Great, thanks gthlvrmx. I was hoping some of the suggestions wouldn't be too expensive!!:o

They're around 3 dollars or less per bottle at WalMart. :) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Suave-Naturals-Ocean-Breeze-Shampoo-22.5-oz/10293577 the price online is at 1.50 :)

Juliet15
September 21st, 2014, 06:27 PM
That's so nice of you to post the link, thank you!!

Kay_Robideau
September 21st, 2014, 06:31 PM
herbal essences the sleeker the butter and aussie spray leave in conditioner is very silky, has silk extract and aloe and just as all around great consistency and feel! VERY silky!

gthlvrmx
September 21st, 2014, 06:31 PM
That's so nice of you to post the link, thank you!!

You're welcome! Ocean breeze and the Strawberry shampoo and conditioners are also cone free.

gthlvrmx
September 21st, 2014, 06:32 PM
double post woops!

TSwan
September 21st, 2014, 08:44 PM
I really, really like Aussie Moist for protein free conditioner

It always makes my hair feel silky, and it's pretty cheap (especially on sale!)

ExpectoPatronum
September 21st, 2014, 11:07 PM
Tresemme Naturals is my all time favorite conditioner. It doesn't contain protein and it's actually what I'm using now to help my hair get over being overdosed with protein - and it's working wonders for that! It's the only cone-free conditioner that gives my hair a ton of slip and leaves it feeling soft without weighing my hair down.

It's not as cheap as Suave, but it's still pretty cheap ($4-$5) for a big bottle. I can't say enough good things about it.

RachelRose
January 5th, 2015, 01:22 PM
The treseme naturals moisture one has avocado oil which some claim acts as protein like coconut oil seems to . At least it does on my hair , but ymmv. I use dove dry oil line and am interested in the dove nutrioils but I haven't peaked at the ingredients yet . I looked at hello hydration from herbal essence and the bottle I seen had corn silk in it ? Maybe a protein . I will look in the sleek butter one . I just browse through the isle and search the lhc forum of I find something promising :)

yogagirl
January 5th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Oooh great thread/question! I will be taking notes. I have an inkling my ends have also seen too much protein.

On a related note, what are the chemical names of proteins that are often present in hair care products? I'm trying to figure out if my regularly used products have protein...?

RachelRose
January 5th, 2015, 05:05 PM
Hmm I seen a thread I believe with the names of some proteins ,but we need a really comprehensive one so we can identify all of them . Any smarties around here lol?

Nope
January 5th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Renpure originals argan oil conditioner is seriously amazing. My hair is extremely protein sensitive but when I use renpure I actually NEED to use protein sometimes because it's so super moisturizing. I 100% recommend it for protein overload.

molljo
January 5th, 2015, 06:17 PM
GVP Conditioning Balm at Sally's is wonderful. It's protein and 'cone free, about $5.

RachelRose
January 5th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Renpure originals argan oil conditioner is seriously amazing. My hair is extremely protein sensitive but when I use renpure I actually NEED to use protein sometimes because it's so super moisturizing. I 100% recommend it for protein overload.

I have some of this in my shower now. It does make hair soft almost too soft lol. I haven't had over moisturized mushy hair with it tho .