PDA

View Full Version : Best cone-free leave in conditioners?

FallingDarkness
September 21st, 2014, 04:59 PM
If there is such a thing?
I'm looking to find a simple way to provide my hair with more moisture consistently, so I thought a leave in conditioner might be the way to go. If anyone has any suggestions as to what leave in conditioner might be a good purchase, it would be much appreciated :)

lapushka
September 21st, 2014, 05:23 PM
If you don't care about silicones (and you do, but if you didn't) then go with the got2b smooth operator. It is da bomb.

umbrellabones
September 21st, 2014, 05:36 PM
If you're feeling out of the box, I love the Petology oatmeal and honey leave in conditioning spray. yes it is for doggies. BUT I like the ingredients, it smells really yummy (not like a dog at all. vanilla and honey. I get lots of compliments on the scent) and it makes my hair feel softer and more manageable with less tangles. Sometimes I use it after I shower on damp hair, and sometimes I use it between showers on dry hair. I like both results(:

Here are the ingredients: Aloe Barbendisis Leaf Juice, Water, NaturShine, Organic Colloidal Oatmeal, Organic Shea Butter, Honey Complex, Polysorbate 20, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil; Vitacon, PMC (Plant Moisturizing Complex), Fragrance.

If there is something really bad for hair in there that I am overlooking please let me know.

this is the link to the product on their site: http://petology.net/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=6&name=oatmeal-honey-conditioning-spray&Itemid=106

And I work at Pet Supplies Plus which is how I discovered it, so I know that it is sold there if anyone's interested in trying it.

Hootenanny
September 22nd, 2014, 08:41 AM
There definitely is such a thing! :) I'm cone-free, and I have to use leave-in every time I wash (and sometimes in between washes). I use Giovanni Direct Leave-In, but honestly, you can use any cone-free conditioner; it doesn't have to be labelled as a "leave in". If you feel it's too heavy, then put the the condish on in the shower and duck your head under the running water for just a second or two. It will slightly dilute the conditioner and also help to spread it and coat all your hair. :)

Nadine <3
September 22nd, 2014, 10:27 AM
Squirt a glob of your favorite conditioner into a spray bottle and dilute it with water. Add a bit of oil, aloe...whatever you want. I've never bought a leave in as I feel like it's just watered down conditioner sold at an obnoxious price...I can make that myself.:cool:

Tabamnoc
September 22nd, 2014, 11:00 AM
I really like EO Rosemary + mint conditioner for a leave in. Pretty sure it's cone free, here are the ingredients:

Purified Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Panthenol, Organic Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil, Behenalkonium Chloride (and) Cetyl Alcohol, Hibiscus (Rosa Sinensis) Extract, Gotu Kola (Centella Asiatica) Extract, Oily Hair Complex [Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Extract, Maiden Hair (Adiantum Capillus Veneris) Leaf Extract, Watercress (Nasturtium Officinale) Extract], Hair Volume Complex [Plantain (Plantago Psyllium) Seed Extract, White Dead-Nettle (Lamium Album) Flower Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract], Hydrolyzed Quinoa Protein, EO® Organic Herb Blend [Organic Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis),Organic Chamomile (Matricaria Recutita) Extract, Organic Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Extract, and Organic White Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Leaf Extract], EO® Essential Oil Blend [Lemon (Citrus Medica Limonum) Essential Oil, Peppermint (Mentha Piperitta) Essential Oil, Rosemary (Rosemary Angustifolia) Essential Oil], Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Organic Lecithin, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Phytate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

really like the rosemary and mint one because I feel it's the lightest and those essential oils are supposed to stimulate hair growth :D

nikolette
September 22nd, 2014, 11:28 AM
If you're feeling out of the box, I love the Petology oatmeal and honey leave in conditioning spray. yes it is for doggies. BUT I like the ingredients, it smells really yummy (not like a dog at all. vanilla and honey. I get lots of compliments on the scent) and it makes my hair feel softer and more manageable with less tangles. Sometimes I use it after I shower on damp hair, and sometimes I use it between showers on dry hair. I like both results(:

Here are the ingredients: Aloe Barbendisis Leaf Juice, Water, NaturShine, Organic Colloidal Oatmeal, Organic Shea Butter, Honey Complex, Polysorbate 20, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil; Vitacon, PMC (Plant Moisturizing Complex), Fragrance.

If there is something really bad for hair in there that I am overlooking please let me know.

this is the link to the product on their site: http://petology.net/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=6&name=oatmeal-honey-conditioning-spray&Itemid=106

And I work at Pet Supplies Plus which is how I discovered it, so I know that it is sold there if anyone's interested in trying it.

Those ingredients sound heavenly ! I may have to give it a try!

FallingDarkness
September 22nd, 2014, 10:27 PM
Wow you guys I got so much great feedback :o Thanks so much I'll definitely look into some of those conditioners, and if not, then I'll just lightly dilute my VO5 and call it a day :)

sarahthegemini
September 23rd, 2014, 03:12 AM
Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Volume conditioner is amazing. And for me, a little goes a long way.

kganihanova
September 23rd, 2014, 05:14 AM
Ever sleek leave in cream

78Whispers
September 23rd, 2014, 07:39 AM
I like Giovanni Direct Leave-In Weightless Moisture Conditioner, which I can find at Target and most natural foods markets, but I love love love Alba Botanica Leave In Conditioner, which I find at Whole Foods near me. I use less than the Giovanni and it feels richer, but I live in a dry climate so keeping the moisture in is a battle. I also use Kinky-Curly Knot Today as soon as I get out of the shower, but I feel it is mostly for detangling and slip, although it is somewhat moisturizing too. I get that at Target. I have never had good luck with making my own leave in with my regular conditioner and a spray bottle, but that could be my perception, or my particular hair and climate require something heavier. Good luck, and let us know what you go with!

Siiri
September 23rd, 2014, 11:10 AM
I've liked these, but I'm always looking for new ones:

Alba Botanica Fragrance Free Leave-in Conditioner:
Aqua (water), cetearyl alcohol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, glycerin, behentrimonium methosulfate, panthenol, camellia sinensis leaf extract(¹), moringa pterygosperma seed extract, agave rigida (sisal) extract, trigonella foenum-graecum (fenugreek) seed extract, althaea officinalis leaf/root extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice(¹), lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract(¹), calendula officinalis flower extract(¹), chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract(¹), citric acid, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate.
(¹)Certified Organic Ingredients

Beauty Without Cruelty Leave-In Conditioner:
Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel (organic), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Panthenol, Allantoin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract (organic), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (organic), Biotin, Soy Protein, Soy Lecithin, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, ethyl hexyl glycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin) Oil (organic), Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Oil (organic), 20% Organic Content

Naked Little Miracle Leave-In Conditioner:
Aqua, Cetearyl alcohol, Polyquaternium-37, Hydrolyzed vegetable protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Brassicamidopropyl dimethylamine, Aspartic acid, Ceteareth-20, Dicaprylyl ether, Lauryl alcohol, Argania spinosa (Argan) oil, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea butter), Parfum, Tocopheryl acetate, Chlorphenesin, Benzyl alcohol, Dehydroacetic acid, Coumarin, Linalool.

At the moment I'm using Naked Leave-in and it's probably my favourite out of those. I',m not sure whether it's available where you live though. It's the heaviest of them, but I haven't had issues with build-up even with the polyquat. I also use a small amount of oil, currently argan oil, after the leave-in conditioner. I co-wash and my wash-conditioner is pretty simple, but I like to use a heavier rinse-out conditioner and leave-in. Alba Botanica doesn't have protein but Naked and Beauty Without Cruelty do. Personally my hair is ok with protein and actually seems to like it now that it's growing longer.