PDA

View Full Version : Same 'do all day??

dogzdinner
September 20th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Do you keep to the same style all day or swap things up abit??

Dont know wether its coz Im quite new to up hairstyles and am still training my hair to get used to it but I always have to change my bun halfway through the day coz it starts to bug me! Then I braid it at night meaning I usually go through 3 hairstyles a day.:o

FallingDarkness
September 20th, 2014, 01:00 PM
I NORMALLY bun my hair during the day - mainly just a Cinnabun or a LWB - and I braid it for sleep. I do have to redo it once or twice due to my inexpertise (we're pretending that's a word) with my hair fork. I do tend to redo the SAME bun, however, or if I braid it during the day I won't have to redo it til bedtime.
I really just think it depends on the person :)

AmberJewel
September 20th, 2014, 01:07 PM
I used to have to redo my bun a couple times during the day. I still do if I don't make it secure enough, but I'm getting better at just leaving it alone. Maybe you just have to grow accustomed to having your hair up. It can be quite a change at first.

Madora
September 20th, 2014, 01:23 PM
I used to have to redo my bun a couple times during the day. I still do if I don't make it secure enough, but I'm getting better at just leaving it alone. Maybe you just have to grow accustomed to having your hair up. It can be quite a change at first.

If you are not accustomed to wearing your hair up, then yes, it takes time to become accustomed to updos..not only securing them correctly, but also training your follicles so that your scalp doesn't hurt.

I've worn several of my hairstyles up all day...and all night too. My avatar pic - The Madora - is very comfy to sleep on, but usually I resort to a one braid bun on top of my head:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/07Erzbet/531braidedbedhair-1.jpg (http://s177.photobucket.com/user/07Erzbet/media/531braidedbedhair-1.jpg.html)

MeowScat
September 20th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I only wear a Lazy Wrap Bun and I redo it once or twice per day, usually. I should try other buns, but they always fall out.

Johannah
September 20th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Sometimes I need to redo my bun during the day, but I always wear the same bun for that day.

Aurum
September 20th, 2014, 02:34 PM
A side English braid is what I wear most days. Usually I'll redo it in the middle of the day after it starts to get fuzzy. Then before bed, I will either comb out and re-braid or wash and leave it down, depending on my schedule. :)

Zesty
September 20th, 2014, 02:54 PM
When my hair was longer and updos were more secure, I would wear the same bun all day unless someone asked me how I did it, then I would take the stick/fork out and show them, then put it back up. If it was a braided and pinned updo, then I would obviously not take it down. Braids I used to redo once during the day, if at all, because fuzziness annoyed me, but mostly I just let it do its thing. (All of this was until I got home for the night, then I probably put it up in a hair stick bun again if it wasn't already in one.)

Now my updos slip more, so it depends. I can sometimes wear a LWB all day without having to redo it, other times I have to redo it several times. If I do a bun with pins it stays up, if I do something with pinned braids it stays up unless I'm around the house practicing hairstyles.

Basically my tolerance for redoing styles (and for styles that *have to* be redone) is low.

Rushli
September 20th, 2014, 03:41 PM
In the very beginning I redid my undos a lot. Partly to practice, mostly because they go messy easily.
Now if I get a secure hold, it stays up until bed. Which has really only been recently happening. I have been without my only Jeter most of the summer but now that I replaced it and I gain a few more inches, I pretty much always have secure buns unless my kids get ahold of it.

Sometime in 2015 I hope my hair will be long enough to be able to try more undos. I will probably go back to doing it frequently again for awhile. Though usually I am like Zesty. I want to be able to put it up and forget about it.

jacqueline101
September 20th, 2014, 03:54 PM
I wear the same hair do and I'm finding out my hair hates my pony tail more and more. I'm looking for a new go to hair do. I might go back to buns.

Becs
September 20th, 2014, 04:01 PM
I always wear the same style for the whole day, often even for 2 days. I shower, braid my hair when it's damp, then leave it in for 2-3 days. Some people don't like leaving braids in for that long and I've heard that it leads to tangles for some, but my hair stays nicely detangled when I leave it in braids. They do get a bit fuzzy, but I just try not to mind. It is nice because I do not have to devote time to doing my hair every day

Amapola
September 20th, 2014, 04:24 PM
I put mine up in the morning and forget about it. Now, that took practice to accomplish, because my very slippery, super-fine thin hair used to fall out of everything, but I finally learned how to use Ficcares so end of problem. Then my hair got long enough to use TTs or combs and again, end of problem. I put it up once and generally speaking that is it. And I sometimes even take an afternoon nap, if I was up working late which I usually do! Plus I start my day going out to milk goats and do farm chores yet my hair never so much as moves!

A lot of it is practice and technique. Every hair type and every toy type has its own unique issues, as well. I would not discourage someone from changing styles in the middle of they day though, because that is more practice! The more you work with your hair the better you will get at handling it.

ExpectoPatronum
September 20th, 2014, 04:26 PM
I try to keep my hair in the same updo all day, but it rarely happens.

lapushka
September 20th, 2014, 04:33 PM
My hair is always up in a LWB and it doesn't move - at all.

eadwine
September 20th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Same do all day here too, and like Lapushka: no move. At all. Can't afford to redo my updo at work, not sanitary :)

gthlvrmx
September 20th, 2014, 04:42 PM
I used to wear the same updo for a whole week before I washed it. It was nice to do :p

Mainesongbird
September 20th, 2014, 04:46 PM
I keep mine the same all day long because I usually do updos with pins or braids. I only undo the updo if it is coming apart or if it is new and more uncomfortable than I thought.

embee
September 20th, 2014, 07:42 PM
I wear the same bun all day. At night I brush it out and rebun it in a different way. It stays all night. In the morning I'll brush it out again and bun for the day.

Please, Madora - how do you secure your topknot braid bun, the one you pictured above?

Aeris
September 20th, 2014, 08:06 PM
I change mine several times throughout the day - I usually wear it down at home.

Pierre
September 20th, 2014, 08:23 PM
I wear the same updo all day, all night, and the next day too. Often it slides down and I have to put it back up, but I just open the Flexi, pull the bun up my scalp, and close it again.

hanne jensen
September 21st, 2014, 02:51 AM
I wear the same bun all day long. I bun my hair before getting dressed. This is my test for the bun. If it holds while pulling a T shirt over my head then it will hold all day.

YGDW
September 21st, 2014, 04:02 AM
Depending on the bun, I redo it a small number of times a day. A LWB is in my case really lazy, as it doesn't hold that firm. A braided bun, however, does not need adjustments over the day.

dogzdinner
September 21st, 2014, 04:07 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if its just me then! TBH I cant wear much jewelery or tops with high necklines coz I feel like Im being choked or restrained. Maybe I just dont like my hair being restrained either!LOL :D

Agnes Hannah
September 21st, 2014, 10:19 AM
I usually wear a claw clip, it is my go-to. It stays in all day and I don't have to keep fiddling with my hair, thus reducing mechanical damage. I have two sleep braids, and in the last couple of days I have discovered that I can clip these up into heidi braids for the day,perfect if I'm not going out anywhere. Totally lazy as it means I can just undo the clip that is holding the braids in place, put my sleepcap back on at night time and done for the day. I'm going to try and stretch washes a bit too as I have the opportunity to do so at the moment!

catamonica
September 21st, 2014, 03:01 PM
I always wore a low braided bun. I got tired of the bobby pins. So now I wear a braid, gather my hair
at the neck, and use three safe ties around my hair. At night I wear it like that, or sometimes just a
braid. I try to wear it down at least once or twice a week. It is more comfortable with ties, then a bun.
And I only use a few bobby pins.

catamonica
September 21st, 2014, 03:23 PM
Heidi braids sound like a easy hairdo. I'll have to try that. I'm sure it's very comfortable.

Madora
September 21st, 2014, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=catamonica;2827075]Heidi braids sound like a easy hairdo. I'll have to try that. I'm sure it's very comfortable.

"Yes, Heidi braids (aka milkmaid braids) are very comfortable! Great for sleeping!