PDA

View Full Version : Flipped Celtic knot

Neoma
September 19th, 2014, 04:48 PM
I'm on a fork kick because I've discovered that I can use a three-prong (or more, I'm sure) fork to secure flipped buns. One of my go-to updos when I could use Ficcares was a flipped cinnabun. Now, my new favorite updo is a flipped Celtic knot, which looks like a French twist with some swirls at the top.

Gather hair at nape as if you were going to make a low ponytail.
Twist the hair straight up as if you were making a French twist -- make three full rotations.
Make a Celtic knot with the remaining hair, being careful not to let the French twist come undone.
Make sure that the end of the tail is on the top side of the bun, not underneath.
Flip the bun up and over.
Secure the bun with a three-prong (or more) fork by inserting it through the very top of the bun, extending the prongs up towards your head about an inch before changing directions so the prongs are facing downward.
Insert at that point one inch above your bun and pick up scalp hairs.
Exit through the bottom of the bun.
The pointed ends of the fork prongs should be hidden under the French twist part of your updo.

It looks complicated, but it's not. Probably any wrapped "knot" would work if you don't know how to do a Celtic knot.

Of course, you could always secure it with a Ficcare or similar clip.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 19th, 2014, 04:54 PM
This sounds good, I must try it. I love flipped cinnabuns, so I'm sure I will love this as well. Do you have photos?

Neoma
September 19th, 2014, 05:08 PM
This sounds good, I must try it. I love flipped cinnabuns, so I'm sure I will love this as well. Do you have photos?

Hooray! Please let us know how it turns out.

No, I suck at back-of-head selfies. :(

BTW, your hair is gorgeous!

Sarahlabyrinth
September 19th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Thank you!:)