PDA

View Full Version : WCC question?

Eastbound&Down
September 19th, 2014, 02:17 PM
I tried to do a search but I couldn't find anything on WCC so if there is a thread, feel free to post it below!

I am a little confused about what the exact benefits of the second condition are. It seems to be to be a waste of conditioner but I have definitely been wrong before. I currently CO with a weekly clarify with silicone/sulfate free shampoo and that is working for me but I am always open to new routines. Can anyone explain the process to me and what the benefits are?

martyna_22
September 19th, 2014, 02:19 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=119314 :)

Johannah
September 19th, 2014, 02:20 PM
With CO'ing you use a lot of conditioner which moisturizes your hair, but some of us (hi :waving:) need to use shampoo to clean their hair. With WCC you can use a shampoo AND use a lot of conditioner to moisturize your hair.

martyna_22
September 19th, 2014, 02:24 PM
I myself use a very gentle shampoo to keep my scalp happy and after this I use conditioner twice. My hair is more conditioned this way and tangles less. It generally feels better. Healthier. :)

Eastbound&Down
September 19th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Thank you martyna!! I don't know why my search wasn't finding anything!

Johannah, I find that my conditioner lasts for a while because I dilute it so I end up saving money actually. I understand needing shampoo, I still do no matter how much I would love to go CO only I still have to clarify weekly. That was my thought too but if so many people do it and love it there must be a benefit or two so I'm just curious. :)

Eastbound&Down
September 19th, 2014, 02:27 PM
I myself use a very gentle shampoo to keep my scalp happy and after this I use conditioner twice. My hair is more conditioned this way and tangles less. It generally feels better. Healthier. :)

Do your ends get greasy from build up? Or do you clarify occasionally as well?

martyna_22
September 19th, 2014, 02:33 PM
^ I clarify once a month or so. And no, my ends don't get greasy, they're just really nicely moisturised and soft. I just make sure I rinse the conditioner thoroughly each time. When my hair is still wet I even put some 2 or 3 drops of oil on my ends, my hair seems to like it :) My ends usually have the tendency to be straw-like, but now due to WCC they're nothing like straw anymore.

Eastbound&Down
September 19th, 2014, 02:36 PM
^ I clarify once a month or so. And no, my ends don't get greasy, they're just really nicely moisturised and soft. I just make sure I rinse the conditioner thoroughly each time. When my hair is still wet I even put some 2 or 3 drops of oil on my ends, my hair seems to like it :) My ends usually have the tendency to be straw-like, but now due to WCC they're nothing like straw anymore.

Defintely something I will research further, thank you for the info!!

martyna_22
September 19th, 2014, 02:38 PM
You're welcome :) Try it, once won't hurt, and if you like the result, just keep doing it. That's what I did and I have no regrets whatsoever!

lapushka
September 19th, 2014, 03:03 PM
You're welcome :) Try it, once won't hurt, and if you like the result, just keep doing it. That's what I did and I have no regrets whatsoever!

Exactly this. It's just another method just like CO, just like CWC, and it's there for you to try. If you don't like it, then it's no biggie. Just move on. But it's awesome for tangles and knots, I can tell you that much. Thanks you guys for linking the thread. BTW, the link is also in my signature. ;)

cathair
September 19th, 2014, 04:27 PM
I've heard the Beauty Brains scientists talking about conditioning myths in this podcast (http://thebeautybrains.com/wp-content/uploads/podcast/Episode008.mp3) (specifically 15:10 ish). They suggest that leaving conditioner on hair doesn't make it work any better and that to get the best out of conditioner you need to coat the surface of the hair as thoroughly as possible. Hair has an absolutely huge surface area, so it's actually really difficult to do.

I kind of think that maybe this applies to WCC too. If WCC works, it's probably because more of the hair get coated with conditioner from working it through a second time, rather than conditioning twice being more conditioning. If that makes any sense at all! :/ I hope you understand what I mean.

I have tried it, when I was trying to use up a conditioner I wasn't so keen on, it certainly doesn't do any harm. But I am not sure that is has great benefits for me. I might have to test it out again with a conditioner I like better :)

ExpectoPatronum
September 19th, 2014, 04:48 PM
I've heard the Beauty Brains scientists talking about conditioning myths in this podcast (http://thebeautybrains.com/wp-content/uploads/podcast/Episode008.mp3) (specifically 15:10 ish). They suggest that leaving conditioner on hair doesn't make it work any better and that to get the best out of conditioner you need to coat the surface of the hair as thoroughly as possible. Hair has an absolutely huge surface area, so it's actually really difficult to do.

I kind of think that maybe this applies to WCC too. If WCC works, it's probably because more of the hair get coated with conditioner from working it through a second time, rather than conditioning twice being more conditioning. If that makes any sense at all! :/ I hope you understand what I mean.

I have tried it, when I was trying to use up a conditioner I wasn't so keen on, it certainly doesn't do any harm. But I am not sure that is has great benefits for me. I might have to test it out again with a conditioner I like better :)

That actually makes a lot of sense. Maybe the second conditioning getting more of the hair plays a part.

Count me in as another who benefits from a second conditioning. My hair has always liked lots of conditioner, so it's no surprise I get good results from WCC. No greasy ends here!

As others have said, definitely give it a try. If you like it, great! If you don't, then it's just not for you.

ashke50
September 20th, 2014, 05:28 AM
Eastbound&Down, not surprised you had trouble finding the thread, the search in the forum is not very reliable. If I want to find something here I usually google it with site: forums.longhaircommunity.com, which works much better.

Eastbound&Down
September 20th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Eastbound&Down, not surprised you had trouble finding the thread, the search in the forum is not very reliable. If I want to find something here I usually google it with site: forums.longhaircommunity.com, which works much better.

I honestly didn't even think about google haha. Yeah, it kept telling me I was being too vague.