PDA

View Full Version : Update, haircut picture + routines

nikolette
September 19th, 2014, 12:52 PM
An update from my last post regarding to cut or not to cut.... Well I cut about 2 inches off! I had previously cut 1 inch off the month before so I lost about 3 inches of hair. My ends feel great though.

Since then, I also did a HASK Keratin Protein treatment and that felt great in my hair - super soft and not as tangled as it usually is. I havent washed hair since I did the treatment (about 4 days ago) so I am not sure how it will feel after washing.

I No-Poo using DevaCurl products, anyone have anything to say on that? It is almost the same as co-washing?

I've been putting Argan oil on the ends (just a little) and you can see after so many days of not washing the ends are a little oily. But they feel super smooth for the first time in a long time!!

My plan is to start doing my own microtrimming and do a little trim every month, i think my damaged hair needs it.

Also, I read Nightshade's article about growing out damage, it is like a Bible to me so thank you to everyone who recommended that!

My hair feels really short but also healthy! It's OK by me and im really looking forward to growth!!!!!!

idk why photo is so big, lol!

Also I think my ends look uneven based on the way I was standing /oily ends (hopefully) and my hair not being brushed before this picture. Will brush and upload a new one later!

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/mn0snq.jpg[/

hanne jensen
September 21st, 2014, 03:21 AM
It's nice that you're happy with your ends. Do you wear your hair up to avoid damage? The best thing is to avoid damage in the first place. Good luck on your hair journey.