PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed ;) male 22 norway

etle92
September 19th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Hello guys. Do you think i can suit this type of hairstyle without looking to feminine and odd? Also any tips how to style it?, i know i need to grow the hair out a little more. In advance thanks for any helpfull answers :)

http://i.imgur.com/QHqyV5a.jpg

http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/3320918/600full-taylor-kitsch.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h43/poupa-naley/taylor-kitsch/022.jpg[

GetMeToWaist
September 19th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Yes you would suit it perfectly! Looks like scrunching, conditioner only washing and maybe some alcohol free gel would do the trick.

etle92
September 19th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Yes you would suit it perfectly! Looks like scrunching, conditioner only washing and maybe some alcohol free gel would do the trick.

Thank you! I got some reading to do about conditioner washing ;)

ladonna
September 19th, 2014, 11:18 AM
This is one of my favorite male hairstyles, I'm letting my sons hair get to this length. I think it will you great on you! Not at all odd or feminine.

AmyBeth
September 19th, 2014, 11:24 AM
There's nothing effeminate about that hair! Too hot, call the fire department!

fiðrildi
September 19th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Sure you could, that's a very manly look! Your type of hair and wave looks similar to the guy in the picture, so you just need to let it grow :)
You don't need to follow the co-washing method, but you'll find it easier in the long run, because you won't need to wash as frequently.
Hope that you will come back to show us the results! :thumbsup:

Johannah
September 19th, 2014, 12:46 PM
It'll suit you perfectly! I'd say, go for it! ;)

martyna_22
September 19th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Sure, you don't have much more to grow, you'll see if you like it :) And I think it'd look really good on you.

etle92
September 19th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Woww! Alot of replies :) Thanks for all the "support" heheh ;) I will sure come back and show the finishing result.

Zugar
September 20th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Is the top picture yourself, and the below ones how long you want your hair? If so, I´ll say what you have now is the "Bærum-look", and there´s unfortunately plenty of stereotypes and generalizations around men pursuing that look. Though the hair looks great, you may be conceived as a totally different person than what you are. But I don´t know you, so I don´t know what your going for.

My tip; a lot of men with the looks portraited in the lower pictures ends up looking .... I´m not sure about the right work, unkept, maybe? These types of hairstyles often required a lot of upkeep, depending on what your own hair is like (texture, waves/no waves, how it acts, etc)

etle92
September 20th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Hehehe first time ever to get called out for having the "Bærum" look ^^ I dont think im even close to that. Yeah i know the concerns about looking unkept, thats why i am looking for advice in the first place to find out if i am able to get somthing close to that style. Thanks :)

etle92
September 20th, 2014, 04:38 PM
I also wonder if you guys can tell what kind of faceshape and hairtype i got, so hard to judge it myself. Thanks. :)

EdG
September 20th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Don't worry about looking feminine. There are quite a few men on this board with hair between waist and calves. None of us look feminine.

The hairstyle that you are trying to achieve looks like it requires constant maintenance. You might be surprised how much less work it will be just to let hair grow. :)
Ed

Gladtobemom
September 21st, 2014, 12:44 AM
To really pull off that look it would help to have some wave in your hair and it needs to naturally grow up and away from your face.
You seem to have it growing off your face already, so it's compatible with your hairline. With my sons (I have 5 of them) I've always encouraged them to pick hairstyles that work with the way their hair grows.

When you wash your hair, try getting it nearly dry with a towel (microfiber one will get it to the point of just being damp).
Then mix up a little aloe gel (about a half tsp.) and a couple drops of castor oil (really, just a couple of drops).
Then mix it in your palm (it will turn cloudy and look a little like snot) and
smear it all over your fingers and palms, finger comb it through your hair in a sort of uneven way, concentrate on the scalp away from your face and the ends. Any left on your hands you can just rub into your arms.

Don't comb your hair, just let it finish drying in clumpy waves.

That should bump up the waves and give you beachy wavy look without greasiness or weight.

The Castor oil is actually an anti-humectant and it will add texture while it protects your hair.

And btw, I think you'll look grand. You have a nordic seafarer kind of look with a nice masculine jawline--hair length is not going to make you look feminine.

Catarina
September 21st, 2014, 02:22 AM
I think it looks awesome. I think a man should have hair on his head. There's nothing feminine about that. I wish my son could wear his hair longer, but he's in the military. I hate the short cuts guys have nowadays, but I'm old-fashioned.

Just air-drying it and combing back with some gel. I don't think it would require much maintenance and your hair has natural body in it.

Zugar
September 21st, 2014, 07:14 AM
Hehehe first time ever to get called out for having the "Bærum" look ^^ I dont think im even close to that. Yeah i know the concerns about looking unkept, thats why i am looking for advice in the first place to find out if i am able to get somthing close to that style. Thanks :)

Wow, really? With your facial tone I thought you fit right into it (no offense here, just an observation on my part) :)

Like others mention, it help having a hair with natural body to it, not the typical nordic straight hair (which is another stereotype, btw, since so many of us are far away from that hair type (sorry ´bout the ranting)). How does your hair behave naturally? Do you have any products in it one that first photo? Products to bring body would be good to have. In my hair, aloe vera does not bring this at all. Neither does castor oil. Have you ever had the length you´re now going for? Sometimes hair behaves differently at different lengths. Have you tried the lox-method on your hair?

I believe your facial shape is oval to square. Which is a great thing, considering that´s the facial shape that can pull off the most variety in hairstyles :) I´m really not good at judging hair types, but I bet someone else can be of better help at that!

etle92
September 21st, 2014, 07:38 AM
Wow, really? With your facial tone I thought you fit right into it (no offense here, just an observation on my part) :)

Like others mention, it help having a hair with natural body to it, not the typical nordic straight hair (which is another stereotype, btw, since so many of us are far away from that hair type (sorry ´bout the ranting)). How does your hair behave naturally? Do you have any products in it one that first photo? Products to bring body would be good to have. In my hair, aloe vera does not bring this at all. Neither does castor oil. Have you ever had the length you´re now going for? Sometimes hair behaves differently at different lengths. Have you tried the lox-method on your hair?

I believe your facial shape is oval to square. Which is a great thing, considering that´s the facial shape that can pull off the most variety in hairstyles :) I´m really not good at judging hair types, but I bet someone else can be of better help at that!

Hehe, im actually from Trondheim(Studying in Bergen) no offense taken! I totally agree about what the bærum look is like! Well how do i describe my hair... mhm... i will say its pretty straight but it got some body to it. In the first photo im using some wax which is not the best for "longer" hair. Never had that long hair. Never tried the lox-method!

I like some critical views aswell, just be honest with me! ;- )

Gertrude
September 21st, 2014, 08:36 AM
Assuming the top photo is your good self, and the two below with the model with perfect oval face with defined eyebrow ridges, aka perfect Northern male beauty (-;, meant nicely, your face is a perfect Squoval.
An oval with a defined masculine squared jawline and strong chin. So you won't look like a girl, no matter what (-:

The hairstyle you want is one of those artfully tousled styles with a lot of product in it. Definitely requires a lot of body in the hair and then quite a bit of wavy texture, and would still require styling and product. The model has thick wavy hair.

Your hair looks sort of 1 b or 1c to me. I am 1 b, blonde but not Nordic, and used to want those wavy , tousled girl versions of the style. You have very nice hair, just grow it and you will be pleasantly surprised. So I agree with Ed G who said all this a lot better than I did.

Zugar
September 21st, 2014, 10:29 AM
Have you tried the lox-method on your hair?

Ergh, meant "lox-method"....