PDA

View Full Version : Would Eilistraee Colorless Herbal Hair Conditioner be right for me?

Hopeful65
September 18th, 2014, 10:51 PM
I have been interested in cassia for the benefits I've read about, but I don't want the warm or yellow color it is supposed to give your hair. Even if it is temporary.
So I was trying to learn more and stumbled upon Eilistraee Colorless Herbal Hair Conditioner.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/151567248/eilistraee-colorless-herbal-hair?ref=sr_gallery_15&ga_search_query=cassia+hair&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Would this be just like using cassia but totally clear, no color change?
Does anyone have any experience they could share?

Hopeful65
September 20th, 2014, 11:25 AM
I thought I would bump this up.
I am curious of other's thoughts or experiences on this colorless cassia-like herbal conditioner.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/151567248/eilistraee-colorless-herbal-hair?ref=sr_gallery_15&ga_search_query=cassia+hair&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Johannah
September 20th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Nightshade, where are you? :lol:

Nightshade
September 21st, 2014, 05:09 PM
Nightshade, where are you? :lol:

Hahhahaha I suppose it counts as a direct question so it's okay for it to answer. :)

It's similar, but not the same as cassia. Having used them both, I think the Sedr (primary herb in Eilistraee) tends to make hair a bit more smooth/slippery compared to cassia (which makes hair a bit more fluffy short term), but the coditioning effects after the settle down period (2 days or so) are pretty similar.

I use it over hennaed hair, so it's impossible for me to judge lack of yellowing on myself, but I know others have used it without any yellowing, and it didn't stain mohair (white goat's hair) when I ran strand tests.

I think you're very safe, but just to be sure consider strand testing a small amount on the shed hair on your brush first. That way you can be confident with how it will react with your hair :)

Hopeful65
September 22nd, 2014, 08:28 PM
Thank you for your reply Nightshade.

I had never heard of this before. I just know that henna and cassia seem to be well liked for their hair strengthening. So if this gives basically the same effects without color, then it seems like what I would like to try.

Vanilla
September 23rd, 2014, 06:52 PM
I've used both sedr and cassia, and I actually like cassia a bit more than the sedr. I think that the sedr gives a great conditioning benefit to the hair, but it doesn't seem to last as long as cassia's conditioning effects on my hair at least. Sedr is also way less drying to my hair than cassia is.