PDA

View Full Version : Hair Slump

endlessly
September 18th, 2014, 06:55 PM
As the title suggests, I'm in a hair slump.

I've officially reached and surpassed classic length, but now I'm at a loss for what else to do. It's taken so long to get to this point, so I'm not sure if I want a different cut or just a re-vamp of my current style.

My hair is one length and about 46 inches long (two inches beyond classic on me), I'm able to do a wide variety of hairstyles...but I'm just so bored of it. What I want more than anything is to just wear my hair down and curly for a change versus constantly having to put it up all the time, but the tangles I'm left with as a result are definitely not worth it. I know I'm tired of how much work it has become since reaching classic since it honestly never felt long enough to me before, but now the length is almost overwhelming.

Looking for help or any kind words...I'm at a complete loss.

Madora
September 18th, 2014, 06:59 PM
My hat is off to you, endlessly, because dealing with long curly hair must be stressful. Needing to be so patient, so cautious.

Your little avatar photo is drop.dead.gorgeous. I guess it all boils down to: would you be happier with shorter curly hair. Would you miss styling it (if you enjoy doing that?)

Hair is no fun when it becomes hard to work with...or too hot. Wearing curly hair down is an open disaster (to me) of all kinds of tangles. Sorting that all out needs more patience that I have! Good luck!

MeowScat
September 18th, 2014, 08:10 PM
We're the same length, but mine is stick-straight and tangles a lot as well. What about half-ups and you could bun the top section so it doesn't tangle with the hair that is down.

How about trying different braids? Your hair will be down, yet contained until you decide if you eventually want to trim or not.

Buy a few new hair toys, they might spark your enthusiasm again.

restless
September 18th, 2014, 11:31 PM
You dont mention your routine, but I know some people here seem to have had great success with silicones giving the hair more slip and preventing tangles, so maybe it could be worth a go if you havent tried it already?

AmyBeth
September 19th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Cry me a river!:p I sooo want all the problems that come with the super-long hair that I've wanted all my life, but until now, have been unable to achieve!;) I only hope that someday, I'll be able to empathize more with your "problems". Oh, to be bored with such a beautiful "problem".:violin:

Johannah
September 19th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Do you got tangles because of the length? Hair should be fun. And if you want to wear it down and you need to cut your hair for that, go for it, if it makes you happy. Just make sure you think it through.

Hope you find a solution :blossom:

lapushka
September 19th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Maybe try conditioning twice after washing, to help with tangles and knots. If that all doesn't help, maybe it is time to cut a few inches off to help you deal with your hair better. But I'd give the alternative washing methods a go first. :)

The link to WCC is in my signature.

martyna_22
September 19th, 2014, 02:11 PM
^ I agree with the WCC method. At first I did CWC, but it didn't make much of a difference, but WCC is amazing! Fewer tangles right away!

Eastbound&Down
September 19th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Do you think you would be happier with a shorter length? Maybe a cut back to hip length to be easier to manage? I know cutting off that much length is scary as I've done it before cutting off 18 inches, but maybe then you wouldn't feel overwhelmed but still have beautiful long hair that you can wear down and flaunt!