PDA

View Full Version : My first silver!

Zindell
September 18th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Yey, finally! I have blonde hair in all kinds of of shades, from dark blonde to light. (And it always gets a bit lighter in the summer from the sun).

This makes it hard to single out any whites from very bright blonde strands. But I think I finally found one! It is only visible when my hair is a bit greasy (and thus darker) just before a wash. This one strand stays light even when my hair is greasy.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/Zizywa/My_first_silver_sept_2014_zps70ca52c3.jpg
(A dark card beneath some strands to make it more visible)

See it? It's there right? Looks a wee bit thicker than the other strands as well...

I'm so happy about this for two reasons;

1. I love the look of silver hair
2. If I start to turn silver I'll get lighter hair again, as I had in my youth

Maybe a silly post, but I really have been looking forward to this. :o

ghost
September 18th, 2014, 12:44 AM
Haha, congrats!! I understand your excitement; my dad has the loveliest super soft, silvery-white hair and I can't wait for my hair to look like his. I don't think we go silver early on either side of my family, but one never knows. I hope you have some more silvers soon!

Zindell
September 18th, 2014, 12:54 AM
Haha, congrats!! I understand your excitement; my dad has the loveliest super soft, silvery-white hair and I can't wait for my hair to look like his. I don't think we go silver early on either side of my family, but one never knows. I hope you have some more silvers soon!

Thank you ghost! :)

My father is 73 and more dark blonde than silver. I remember my that my grandfather had silver hair though.
My mother unfortunately passed away too early and I don't have much contact with that side of the family, so I have no idea about silver genes there.

Well, I have one visible silver, so hopefully more are hiding in there or are on their way. :crush:

Phexlyn
September 18th, 2014, 01:26 AM
Congrats! It's great that you can embrace your first silver, I hope you'll get many more if you like them so much!
I agree on silver hair being sooo beautiful, especially since most people dye over it so it's become quite rare to see long silver and white hair.

fiğrildi
September 18th, 2014, 01:38 AM
I love silver hair! It's great to see a post that celebrates the first silver, most of the people outside LHC world make such a drama of it! Congrats ;)
I'm still a bit young for finding silvers, but I have been looking for them this year, with no luck! My hair is not as blonde as yours, in fact it can verge on the brown side, but I also have lots of naturally whitey-blonde hairs that could be difficult to tell if they are silvers or just random hair :p
My parents are both in their 50's, and they just have a few silvers here and there, which is disappointing! Aaah, how I love silver hair! :)

Johannah
September 18th, 2014, 02:46 AM
Yup, that's a silver hair! Congrats!

Hedera
September 18th, 2014, 04:09 AM
Congratulations! :cheer:

I love the look of silver hairs mixed in with blonde.

Gertrude
September 18th, 2014, 04:25 AM
Wow! you are my hair twin (-: I am very happy you are happy with your first silver. I scrutinise my hair for silvers, not found any yet. My uncle wasn't silver at all at 60 and my grandfather was still mostly blond at 90. Just a faded blond if that makes sense. They faded more than silvered. Truly silver hair is so lovely, sigh, but I may well just fade out........I am actually. I'm mid forties now and my eyelashes, which were never dark, are really becoming lighter. Eyebrows the same. Not the hair though (-:

Zindell
September 19th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Thanks all! So happy to hear I am not alone in loving silvers. :inlove:

My hais is squeeky clean atm and I can't find that silver hair. I hope I didn't scare it off or pulled it out in my efforts to take a pic of it, lol.

Stormynights
September 19th, 2014, 02:23 PM
My guess it that there is more than one hiding up there in your beautiful hair. It is hard to see them scattered through blonde hair. I had a lot before my husband ever noticed. I hesitate to say my hair was ever blonde because in pictures it is salt and pepper which is my favorite color. I took a picture today that shows my true color, and now photobucket won't let me edit it at all. I really do know what I am talking about. haha

Madora
September 19th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Welcome to the club, Zindell! And may I say, your little avatar photo is gorgeous!

Timea
September 19th, 2014, 03:26 PM
congratulations!

MidnightMoon
September 19th, 2014, 03:29 PM
I understand how white hair would actually improve the look of blond hair. Unfortunately mine is very dark so Ill only end up looking like an old lady with unkempt hair :rolleyes:
Also, I cant believe you got your first white hair at age 47! I am 21 and Ive spotted 7 white hairs already.

Zindell
September 20th, 2014, 12:23 AM
My guess it that there is more than one hiding up there in your beautiful hair. It is hard to see them scattered through blonde hair. I had a lot before my husband ever noticed. I hesitate to say my hair was ever blonde because in pictures it is salt and pepper which is my favorite color. I took a picture today that shows my true color, and now photobucket won't let me edit it at all. I really do know what I am talking about. haha

Thanks Stormy. :)
This is what I'm thinking as well... that there should be more silvers hiding in there. I hope photobucket get sorted as I'd love to see your hair!

Zindell
September 20th, 2014, 12:27 AM
I understand how white hair would actually improve the look of blond hair. Unfortunately mine is very dark so Ill only end up looking like an old lady with unkempt hair :rolleyes:
Also, I cant believe you got your first white hair at age 47! I am 21 and Ive spotted 7 white hairs already.

Once again, thanks all! I am so happy to finally be joining the "silver club".

MidnightMoon, I wouldn't worry. "A lady with unkempt hair" sounds awesome to me! (young or old). Like a nature spirit of kind. :o

DreamSheep
September 20th, 2014, 08:03 AM
I love the positive attitude towards silver hair here! :) My mother is nearly 60, and although she has the Salt and Pepper look, her hair is definitely quite visibly brown, whereas my Dad got his first grey at 18, and went white very early on.

My best friend spotted a white hair when I was 19 (one day before my 20th :p), and I asked her to yank it out.
Didn't see one again until the other day, I spotted one that was blonde at the tip and white all the way up. However, I have now learnt to appreciate it, and I thought it gave my hair a nice glint. I haven't actually been able to locate it again though :p So I can't take a photo just yet.

MidnightMoon
September 20th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Once again, thanks all! I am so happy to finally be joining the "silver club".

MidnightMoon, I wouldn't worry. "A lady with unkempt hair" sounds awesome to me! (young or old). Like a nature spirit of kind. :o

Hahaha Ill try to have such a positive attitude towards that, then :p