PDA

View Full Version : scary forehead syndrome

hannabiss
September 17th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Sorry if this pic is huge. But this is the reason I wear bangs. I've been considering forehead lowering hair transplants. Anyone else with a scary big forehead? I'd really like to get over my vanity and just except that it looks like im balding on the sides....but more so I'd like to wake up with hair there.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attac

hannabiss
September 17th, 2014, 09:04 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=11255&attachmentid=13123

Ok thinking works better (I think... im on a slow phone)

Zesty
September 17th, 2014, 09:05 AM
I can't see a picture when I click on the link. :flower:

Zesty
September 17th, 2014, 09:06 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=11255&attachmentid=13123

Okay, that worked. I don't think it looks that bad. I have thin/short/no hair in that area too.

DreamSheep
September 17th, 2014, 09:11 AM
It's an interesting hairline - though not in a bad way! I'd say it is quite unique, though I think everyone should wear their hair how they feel most comfortable - don't feel pressured by others to have your way this way or that if it isn't what you want.

As for me, I had a fringe practically all my life until last year, when I began growing them out. The reason for me is because I frown and furrow my brow a lot (it is a tic), and I would feel very self-conscious of people seeing my eyebrows do that, and I also thought my eyebrow muscles were a lot more prominent as a result, so I hid them behind a fringe.
Now I've come to terms that it isn't something I can't control, and I've decided to grow out my bangs and experiment what I look like without them - and I don't think I look that bad (though I do miss the familiarity of having them - and felt very weird at first as suddenly I have twice as much face as I ever had!). So, it feels good that I was able to bite the bullet and grow them out. I suppose you could always try growing out if you wanted to, and if you don't like it you can always cut back, or experiment with different bang styles. :) However, let me assure you that however you styled your hair, I think you would look good. :)

neko_kawaii
September 17th, 2014, 09:13 AM
I look at that in the mirror every day and think it looks fine, but you should do what makes you happy.

spidermom
September 17th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself; this isn't a horrible thing you have to hide. I do understand - we each have something about our appearance that we wish we could change. Make the most of what you have to work with and be happy; don't stress.

Majorane
September 17th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Oookay I was expecting something really horribly weird... but this doesn't look unusual to me? Have you ever received negative comments about it from others? Because generally people wouldn't notice something like that (they're too busy with themselves) unless it's REALLY out of the ordinairy. And this certainly doesn't look strange at all to me. I have a very straight hairline in the front, and I'd always wanted a bit of a widows peak or a wavier hairline for visual interest. So, I think your hairline looks fine as it is! :flower:

However, I have had something about my appearance that Royally Annoyed me. This year I had a surgery to get it the way I wanted, and that's really nice. Not 'halleluja my life is finally not-horrible', but I'm very happy I had it done. So, no I do not think your hairline is weird and needs correction, not at all. But if doing so would increase your happiness, why not? But if you ask me I do not think it's necessary. At all.

hannabiss
September 17th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Actually yes I have had negative comments. When I was in high School was the first time however when I have tired to wear my hair parted to the side I've gotten anything from slightly rude comments to finger points and laughs! The picture doesn't show as much glory as real life but you guys get the idea. Im really not one to particularly Care about others opinion. My teeth are crooked and I don't really mind,I have stretch marks from having kids and I don't mind. But that hairline drives me crazy . . Guess I just wondered if me and my forehead where alone in the universe. Haha.

hannabiss
September 17th, 2014, 09:55 AM
And thanks for the encouraging comments everyone. :o

StellaKatherine
September 17th, 2014, 09:58 AM
I have a very high forehead... But I learned to live with it. But if you feel you need to do something about it.. well it is your choise

YGDW
September 17th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Honestly, I don't want to discredit your discomfort with your hairline, but it looks totally normal to me! Absolutely no reason to go into painful and expensive surgery, if you'd ask me.

But I understand you as well. I have never really thought about my hairline for one second, until I learnt about a widow's peak and how unwomenlike that would be. Apparently, I have one which I feel a little bit bad about now. But just because we heard someone else saying something is bad/ugly/not good enough, doesn't mean it's true (for you). Actually, my hairline looks the same as yours on the side. Oh no, another thing to potentially worry about. :P

Kina
September 17th, 2014, 10:03 AM
I have a high forehead as well, and a bit of a widow's peak. I hate mine and started cutting my bangs at 4ish years old because of it. (while I like my widow's peak, it's not prominent enough for me :))

I've been teased quite a bit for it, primarily from family, as that's how my family interacts. Two of my children have inherited it as well, as well as the teasing that comes with it.

If it would make you happy to change it, do it. But only for yourself.

neko_kawaii
September 17th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Widow's peak unwomenlike? It is called a WIDOW's peak, not a widowER's peak.

People say stupid untrue things in high school. OP, have you had any negative comments about it as an adult?

YGDW
September 17th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Widow's peak unwomenlike? It is called a WIDOW's peak, not a widowER's peak.

I'm sorry, weren't my words. :(

hannabiss
September 17th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Yes mostly as an adult is when I've had bad comments and the laugh incidents. In high schoolit only happened once i pinned me bangs back in gym class once. Idk if I'd really get surgery. It would be costly and the fact is I'd probably never be able to afford it. It's just something I have thought about.

maskedrose
September 17th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Looking through the rest of your album, your hairline looks much like mine, esp in the photos where your hair is very short. My hairline is a very rounded widow's peak (no point in front) and the hair at my temples has a very short terminal length. It's only really noticeable when I pull my hair straight back, so I usually to a short off center part, which evens out my hairline nicely. I think once the "peak" hair gets longer, it will be easy for you to style your hair in a way that minimizes it...but honestly, it's definitely not a "scary forehead" at all :flower:

hannabiss
September 17th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Well in my album when the hair was short I slicked what I could it to cover the peaks. So they didn't look so far back. Maybe I shouldn't have said scary forehead. I was just keeping humor because I realize there are many things in this world much worse than a big forehead. Also I felt I should say I like high foreheads. I just don't like my sides. I don't think big foreheads are ugly at all. (just in case it can across that way.)

maskedrose
September 17th, 2014, 10:47 AM
No I was looked at your buzzed pics that show your actual hairline well :)

hannabiss
September 17th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Oh ok. :) well thanks. I'll try to adopt the a better mindset about it. Since it'll probably stay this way anyhow.

GetMeToWaist
September 17th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Oh please don't even consider surgery, your forehead looks completely normal! I would never have noticed anything about it and i am a person who notices EVERYTHING. Bit off topic but I have to say you do have great eyebrows.

PrairieRose
September 17th, 2014, 12:22 PM
I looked at your buzzed hair pictures too. I don't think your hairline looks bad at all. I also have a similiar hairline:)

hannabiss
September 17th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Oh gosh. Thanks I do pride myself on my thick eyebrows. One of my favorite physical attributes. Well I've had a lot of positive feedback today! Now I feel silly for bringing it up.

ladonna
September 17th, 2014, 12:28 PM
My hair used to look like a receding hair and drove me crazy. I now add coconut oil to my temples and smooth the hairs downward to disguise what I felt were bald spots, I actually was watching music videos and the girl singing had the same hairline as mine and had all the baby hairs brushed down. I also woke up one day while I happened to be rubbing my face against my pillow, that solve the mystery of the rough broken off temple hairs. I also part my hair in the middle just off to the side of the pint of my widows peak, my fringe is chin length.

I think you hair line looks fine though, I think we all tend to be our own worst critic.

PrairieRose
September 17th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Oh gosh. Thanks I do pride myself on my thick eyebrows. One of my favorite physical attributes. Well I've had a lot of positive feedback today! Now I feel silly for bringing it up.
Don't feel silly! We all have insecurities and sometimes we just need a fresh perspective to feel better.

StellaKatherine
September 17th, 2014, 12:30 PM
hannabiss, don't feel bad about talking about this! I hope hearing from total strangers helped at least a little bit. There is no perfect person in this world (we do not count Angelina Jolie, Monica Belluchi and few other perfect weirdos hahaha ), we all have something we've been teased about. I have kinda big feets. Had situations when my shoes been mistaken as a men's. I still remember how embarasing it felt. And people around us can be very hurtfull. They think only because they know us, they can say what ever comes in to their heads...

dogzdinner
September 17th, 2014, 12:44 PM
wow, I dont think it would occur to me to get surgery for a big ol' forehead! I didnt even know you could!
Im a life long fringe wearer as I really cant pull off the hair back look. I have a huge forehead and a fat face so I need something to disguise it a little!LOL Plus I feel all exposed with all my hair off my face.
But at the end of the day you should do what makes you happy....not what makes other people happy.