PDA

View Full Version : No trimming 2015!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

lapushka
September 17th, 2014, 07:29 AM
It might be early, but better early, while our head is still full of possibilities for the coming year. Who's not going to trim in 2015?

sarahthegemini
September 17th, 2014, 08:10 AM
I wish I could, unfortunately I have to micro-trim every so often or my ends get so thin :(

DreamSheep
September 17th, 2014, 08:32 AM
I have just achieved as of today, a full year of not trimming.

Reasons I don't want to trim in the next year

I'm too lazy to go a hairdresser
Hairdressers in the UK are also overly expensive
I don't want to lose length
I don't dare trim myself
I want to get to tailbone... and classic... and beyond

Reasons I should

I sometimes think my ends might need it
I am starting to wonder whether a more U-shaped hemline would suit me better

Anyway, the reasons why I don't want to seem to be more, so I'm probably in for this. I suspect if I get a trim it will be when I'm back home in Spain, where there is pressure from Mum, cheap hairdressers, and hairdressers who listen to what I want. :)

BonnieU
September 17th, 2014, 08:38 AM
I'm in for the no trim! I haven't trimmed since December of last year, and it's going well, so I'm going to keep it up! I'm averaging about an inch a month, so if that keeps up I'll be at goal in no time :magic:

Zesty
September 17th, 2014, 08:50 AM
I'm in. :) Considering no trims until waist, even, because my ends look great after my last trim, and I'm planning on wearing it up every day. :couch: S&D could probably get me there...

StellaKatherine
September 17th, 2014, 08:56 AM
I think I will trim, maybe half an inch somewhere at the end of this year / start of the next and then just no trimming for 2015 and then will maintain for a while :D So I guess I am in !

spidermom
September 17th, 2014, 09:01 AM
I don't plan to trim. I'm not seeing many splits, nor am I having a lot of problems with tangles. If I can keep this condition, I won't be trimming. Fairy tale ends is the only hem I haven't tried, so just to be thorough ..........

lunalocks
September 17th, 2014, 09:01 AM
I haven't trimmed for the past year, so I will go another. I do s and d though. Trying to hold off trimming until classic (sometime in 2015) even tho ends are thinning....

Eastbound&Down
September 17th, 2014, 09:43 AM
I am doing no trim 2014 and I'm going strong, last cut was January '14! I'll see where I am in Jan '15 and may do a small self trim before starting my second no trim year :)

Edelweiss
September 17th, 2014, 09:58 AM
I might be in since I haven't trimmed for like 1 or 2 years now !

I really want my hair to grow longer and don't care about fairytale ends so why trimming ?

sarahchant
September 17th, 2014, 02:46 PM
I have some major trimming to do in the next couple months and then I'm planning to leave it alone during 2015!

Aurum
September 17th, 2014, 02:57 PM
I would love to do no-trim 2015. I'll probably freshen ends at the end of the year and then I'll be set with more benign neglect for a while.

battles
September 17th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Next week I'm going in to have light layering and a U hem added. I think I'd like to see if I can get through 2015 without trimming..

Eastbound&Down
September 17th, 2014, 03:22 PM
I'm excited to be able to enjoy a full year as a member :) I didn't take the plunge to become a member untill July this year so I get to be with the thread from the get go!! Yay!

gthlvrmx
September 17th, 2014, 03:25 PM
I'm in!! This should be easy. :p

Sparklylady82
September 17th, 2014, 03:32 PM
I'm in! I haven't not trimmed my hair in so long so I think its time! I once went 4 years and made it to TBL from CBL!

Rushli
September 17th, 2014, 07:07 PM
I'm in! I haven't not trimmed my hair in so long so I think its time! I once went 4 years and made it to TBL from CBL!

I have been in debate on how long to wait to trim, but you are inspiring me to stick it out! First I thought I would wait 18 months (end of April) then thought of just waiting another year (April 2016) because I should hit my goal of TBL..

hannabiss
September 17th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Im probably going to even the back a bit in December then ride out till 2016. Happy to join early and get the mind right :) oh yeah. I have bangs and will trim them am I disqualified?

Nightamin
September 17th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Count me in. I'm just going to s&d for all of next year, methinks. :3

Sparklylady82
September 17th, 2014, 09:00 PM
I have been in debate on how long to wait to trim, but you are inspiring me to stick it out! First I thought I would wait 18 months (end of April) then thought of just waiting another year (April 2016) because I should hit my goal of TBL..
Go for it! The worst that could happen is hair growth! Haha!

ladonna
September 17th, 2014, 09:01 PM
I will join, I had already decided just to do s&d for awhile. I switched shampoo so now the ends lost that dry crinkly feeling.

amanda_the_tall
September 17th, 2014, 09:02 PM
I'm in!! I have about 20 inches to grow to get to my goal of waist length virgin hair. *sigh* that's gonna take at least 3 years.... :/

Rushli
September 18th, 2014, 12:29 AM
Go for it! The worst that could happen is hair growth! Haha!
Haha true! Next July we have a big family vacation and I wanted to have it all evened up so I could wear it down for a big date night, but I think my layers and waves might hide it.

Eta- darn it all, LHC has me thinking about new goals again. I went from, "I can do 40" with no trims," then I thought, "hey, why not another year?" It would bring me up to 46" and I have had thoughts of making it to 48" just to say I have been to 4 feet. I grabbed a measuring tape to see how long that would be and realized only 2 more inches would get me to fingertip. I really don't think I can handle it that long but it was fun to think about.

YvetteVarie
September 18th, 2014, 01:10 AM
I'm in. I'm not going to use heat at all, and I need to retain as much length as possible in 2015. I will do my last trim at the end of this year and stop altogether in 2015

ExpectoPatronum
September 18th, 2014, 01:11 AM
I want to try! I've drastically cut down on the amount of trimming I used to do this year. I'd probably give myself a nice one inch trim at the end of this year and then I don't want to trim for all of 2015...Count me in!

The only exception will be my bangs. :)

Phexlyn
September 18th, 2014, 01:23 AM
Good luck and happy growing to you ladies! :)
I'll have to go over to the "microtrimming in 2015"-thread, I'm afraid. My hair doesn't react well to no trims in a whole year, and I still have a lot of shorter hairs which need to catch up with the rest.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 18th, 2014, 03:31 AM
I'll be in! However I have set aside one day this December to do a small trim if I feel I need it, and I hope to go to the Oct 2015 GM NYC Salon LHC meet, in which case I reserve the right for the salon staff to give me a trim.

RavennaNight
September 18th, 2014, 04:35 AM
I already am eschewing scissors and plan to continue doing so.

JustPam
September 18th, 2014, 04:37 AM
Count me in. I'm planning to do another big trim (2 or 3") at Christmas, that'll get rid of more bleach and layers and will hopefully mean lower maintenance ends for the new year. Depending on how much growth I get in the next few months I might be starting 2015 at <BSL but I'm alright with that.

embee
September 18th, 2014, 06:13 AM
I'm in. Last time I cut my hair was right before I joined... August 2005? Wow, how time flies! :)

lapushka
September 18th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Im probably going to even the back a bit in December then ride out till 2016. Happy to join early and get the mind right :) oh yeah. I have bangs and will trim them am I disqualified?

I don't think bangs are included, that's just MO.

lapushka
September 18th, 2014, 07:26 AM
I think tiny trims between years can be excluded? What do you guys think? I'm not planning on trimming between 2014 & 2015, but YMMV. It's up to you.

Aime33
September 18th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Count me in! Trying to grow my bangs out as well.

SnottyDotty
September 18th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Very tempted to cut off all my bleached hair on New Years Eve (leaving me with something resembling a mullet) and use that as a fresh/virgin start to a year of no trimming.
I'm a bit daunted by the idea though so I might have to wait until December time to see if I can commit to it :)

lapushka
September 18th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Very tempted to cut off all my bleached hair on New Years Eve (leaving me with something resembling a mullet) and use that as a fresh/virgin start to a year of no trimming.
I'm a bit daunted by the idea though so I might have to wait until December time to see if I can commit to it :)

Why not have a hairdresser match your roots to your lengths, and color over the bleach with as close to your natural color as possible. That way you won't have to cut anything, hopefully.

earth
September 18th, 2014, 01:24 PM
I plan to try this. I haven't had a trim or haircut since March of 2013. Being a guy there may be some social pressures but so far most comments have been positive.

SnottyDotty
September 18th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Why not have a hairdresser match your roots to your lengths, and color over the bleach with as close to your natural color as possible. That way you won't have to cut anything, hopefully.

Good idea, I'll consider it for a bit longer and then see.

omgitssarah
September 18th, 2014, 01:30 PM
I'm in. Gonna get as much of the pixie layers evened up as I can by New Year's Eve, then leave it!

SnottyDotty
September 19th, 2014, 10:56 AM
After sleeping on it I've decided: I'm in :)

chomsky
September 19th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Count me in, I haven't touch my hair with scissors in a while now. Let's see how this goes!

momschicklets
September 19th, 2014, 11:54 AM
I think tiny trims between years can be excluded? What do you guys think? I'm not planning on trimming between 2014 & 2015, but YMMV. It's up to you.

I was thinking I would. This December will be one year without a trim, but I think I'd like to go get a 1/2 inch trim to even things up at the end of the year and start 2015 afresh with no more trims planned. :)

lapushka
September 19th, 2014, 12:59 PM
After sleeping on it I've decided: I'm in :)

Good on you! :)

skeletonous
September 19th, 2014, 01:50 PM
As long as S&D doesn't count as trimming I think I'm in :)

MNDaydreamer
September 19th, 2014, 01:53 PM
I am so in!

lapushka
September 19th, 2014, 03:27 PM
As long as S&D doesn't count as trimming I think I'm in :)

I don't think S&D generally counts in no trimming threads, so you're fine! :)

Sparklylady82
September 19th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Count me in. I'm planning to do another big trim (2 or 3") at Christmas, that'll get rid of more bleach and layers and will hopefully mean lower maintenance ends for the new year. Depending on how much growth I get in the next few months I might be starting 2015 at <BSL but I'm alright with that.

This is off topic but I like that you put your virgin growth in you signature! Would you mind if I copy you? ;-)

vicvic
September 19th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Count me in! I had planned on doing something like this actually - maybe this'll help me stick to it!

I too need a trim before I start though. I plan on evening up my hem (which is STILL funky from my pixie) around the holidays and then that's it! Woohoo!

georgia_peach
September 19th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, lapushka. :) I'm definitely in. My last trim was January 22, 2014. I was a compulsive trimmer before that. Swearing off all trims has helped me to finally lose that urge to constantly cut or trim my hair.

Lady Mary
September 19th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Does fringe count? If not, I think maybe it's time to sign me up. I'll have to do some trimming before the year ends to get the shape right as my hair is kind of asymmetrical at the moment unfortunately. After that though, I'll be all set.

Nanna
September 20th, 2014, 12:51 AM
I'm in too! My last trim was an inch at the end of August, and I didn't plan to trim for a while anyway. Although I might cut my bangs back if I can't stand them anymore.

LadyCelestina
September 20th, 2014, 07:22 AM
I want to join a challenge and stick with it for once,so maybe this will be the one?After my recent chop I have no desire to trim any more hair - I want my length back!

So far it's been three weeks without trims :D

Saldana
September 20th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Can I play if I keep trimming my bangs? If so, then I am in. :)

curlylocks85
September 20th, 2014, 07:42 AM
I'm in. I want to see what my hair will do and see some progress. :)

hanne jensen
September 26th, 2014, 06:52 AM
I'm in if I can bend the rules a bit by removing wwws from my hemline. I'll call it a full head S&D. Last time Hubby evened out my hemline he removed 6 millimeters of hair that was below the bulk of my hemline.

lapushka
September 26th, 2014, 08:35 AM
It's not 2015 yet, so you can practically do what you want before January 2015. ;)

Chocowalnut
September 26th, 2014, 04:54 PM
As far as I know I will be in for this. I just had a trim a few days ago, went from tons of white dots and splits to nice, healthy ends, so I plan on focusing on health of my hair a lot and hopefully wont need to trim at all then in 2015.

Youngjae
September 26th, 2014, 05:16 PM
I am most likely in. Haven't trimmed since early 2012 so I can probably make it another year. I'll see how it goes. I might maintain at classic once I get there but then again I might not because I definitely do not trust the local hairdresser.

lapushka
September 27th, 2014, 08:02 AM
I am most likely in. Haven't trimmed since early 2012 so I can probably make it another year. I'll see how it goes. I might maintain at classic once I get there but then again I might not because I definitely do not trust the local hairdresser.

You could try it yourself, and try Feye's self-trimming method, if you're not yet familiar with that. Here's the link:
http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/

Sarah08
September 27th, 2014, 08:25 AM
I allowed myself to forget about trimming this past year, and it grew over more than the length of my hand -- chin to a bit beyond APL. I didn't realize until this past month just how long it had gotten. Now if I can keep this up for 2015 I will be nearly at my goal length. Waist will be the longest it has ever been. I have fine hair, so I think waist is reasonable, considering what I have to work with.

I'm curious what kind of growth other people have gotten in the course of a year. :)

XcaliburGirl
September 27th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Hmm, decisions, decisions. I'll be at my goal of waist by the end of the year. I can't decide if I want to maintain or just let it grow without a goal. If I let it grow, I will be doing no trims in 2015.

patienceneeded
September 27th, 2014, 11:13 AM
I trim once a year, every August. So, I'm in from August 2014 to August 2015.

Sparklylady82
September 27th, 2014, 01:03 PM
I trim once a year, every August. So, I'm in from August 2014 to August 2015.

Why august out of curiosity? I want to do the same and trim once a year. I'm gonna trim at end of year and then no trims for 2015!!!

StellaKatherine
September 27th, 2014, 01:29 PM

I had last trim at some point in the summer of 2012. If I am right, it has been early august then. The trim as such wouldn't be necessarely I guess, but I kinda feel it would be nice to get the that half an inch off and start the new year with the fresh ends :D

Sarahlabyrinth
September 27th, 2014, 02:06 PM
I love starting a new year with fresh ends!:) My last trim was 3rd January this year so I will grow until 3 Jan 2015 to see how many inches I grew this year, then a little half inch trim to freshen my ends, and onwards and downwards for 2015!

I do allow myself a small ends-freshening-up trim once a year.

divinedobbie
September 27th, 2014, 02:15 PM
My goal is to trim my ends a bit before the new year and then not trim for all of 2015 but no promises from me.

Clarkie
September 27th, 2014, 02:46 PM
I haven't had my hair cut since March of this year. I don't WANT to cut but how do I know if I NEED to do a microtrim?

I don't have any split ends. My hair is (unfortunately) layered so it's not like I'm going to have an even hemline anytime soon. Should I just keep on growing for now?

lapushka
September 27th, 2014, 03:19 PM
I haven't had my hair cut since March of this year. I don't WANT to cut but how do I know if I NEED to do a microtrim?

I don't have any split ends. My hair is (unfortunately) layered so it's not like I'm going to have an even hemline anytime soon. Should I just keep on growing for now?

Why not? If you don't have splits or white dots (and if you do you can still S&D), then you can leave it alone to grow.

Clarkie
September 27th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Why not? If you don't have splits or white dots (and if you do you can still S&D), then you can leave it alone to grow.

Thanks Lapushka, I guess I just wanted someone else to give a more expert opinion on what I already suspected :) I suppose after a lifetime of being told that hair has to be trimmed regularly to stay "healthy" it's still a bit of a foreign concept to go months and months without getting near the scissors.

thebacontree
September 27th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Im in from july 2014 to july 2015 :)

LongHairTalk
September 27th, 2014, 05:39 PM
I'm not cutting From October 1st 2014 to anytime in the Spring/Summer season. I can't not cut my ends: I'm still growing out damage. I'll be cheering you all from the sidelines!

Untressed
September 27th, 2014, 06:25 PM
I haven't trimmed since I cut my hair in March. Planning on cutting it January 1st back to shoulder length and then not cutting for the year. Been dealing with a recent shed and some random breakage so thought starting 2015 off fresh.

SunnyIC
September 28th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Ohh, I'd like to join. I was already planning not cutting it. I might actually get a cut although I'm not sure it will be 2015, when I fully reach waist (my smallest layers at waist) I'm thinking of cutting to an even length because it's just easier to braid and put up. I'll have to decide, until then I'm not cutting in 2015.

RavennaNight
September 28th, 2014, 10:20 AM
I just completed a major S&D session, there were many splits. That doesn't count as trimming, right? Because splits don't fix themselves...

And yes I did buy hair scissors. Again. This time they are hidden so well that DH won't use them.

ceruleanlove
September 28th, 2014, 07:32 PM
I'm in! Most of my growth this year has been cut due to a horrible salon experience in July (the initial cut took off a good 2", and I've been trimming out the longest of the horrible layers I was given). I trimmed my hair two days ago, and it's blended enough now that I am ready to swear off scissors for a while! Well, minus the occasional s&d, but you know :)

wavesgalore
September 29th, 2014, 12:32 AM
I'm in! My hair was just cut in March, so it won't need a trim for awhile. So no trimming for me until Jan '15. Gosh, that is such a long time...this will be the longest I've gone without cutting in 17 years.

wavesgalore
September 29th, 2014, 12:33 AM
Oops I meant Jan '16! No edit for me yet!

MaryO
September 29th, 2014, 01:38 AM
My way of life seems to be no trims! :-P I haven't trimmed since 2012 and I don't plan to until I reach at least WL. The reasoning is purely that I (think I might) have a hairdresser phobia! I am almost sure they are going to try and convince me to go short or just cut the hair without asking me how! Unreasonable I know but I have had some bad experiences! So s&d all the way for me!! :-)

ummyahya
September 29th, 2014, 05:39 AM
I hopefully am not going to trim: ends are looking all right, and not much damage... Let's see if it lasts a whole year!

bustang65
September 29th, 2014, 02:52 PM
I'm totally in! I haven't had a trim since Dec '12. :) Not even S&D.

lapushka
September 29th, 2014, 02:58 PM
I'm totally in! I haven't had a trim since Dec '12. :) Not even S&D.

Wow that's a long time. :D Welcome!

Begemot
September 29th, 2014, 03:52 PM
I'm thinking that I'll have a tiny trim at the end of this year or early next year. After that it's a year of no trimming 2015 for me too :)

bustang65
September 29th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Wow that's a long time. :D Welcome!

Thanks! I know girls who have gone 20 years no trims ;) hahaha

tokugawa.miyako
September 29th, 2014, 09:48 PM
I started the no trimming for a year challenge back in February so I might see what my ends are like at the beginning of 2015. If I'm not completely frustrated with them by February though I'm definitely up for another year without trims! I'm really bad at trimming anyway.

earth
September 30th, 2014, 05:00 AM
I haven't cut or trimmed since March of 2013 and it seems to be going well. So I think I will not trim in 2015.

Fira
September 30th, 2014, 07:42 AM
I'm thinking of joining.
I actually like the early thought and preparation. :D

I am unofficially in the "no-trim 2014" challenge - my last cut was in november 2013 (a short uneven bob) and my hair has been fine since then, no splits and such. I am thinking of trimming by the end of this year. I would have done it myself but at shoulder length my hair is just too short for that. And since I do not "have" a hair stylist right now (I need one that would cut 1/2 cm only and is using only sls-, silicones- etc. free products) I don't trim.
So I am thinking of:
either finding a stylist and trimming a little by the end of the year and then not trim in the next year (again) or
just go another year and see how my hair reacts.

It is a good way to grow my hair which is what I really want. I am just worried that they might start to split...

But I guess I'm in. :)

lapushka
September 30th, 2014, 08:24 AM
I'm thinking of joining.
I actually like the early thought and preparation. :D

I am unofficially in the "no-trim 2014" challenge - my last cut was in november 2013 (a short uneven bob) and my hair has been fine since then, no splits and such. I am thinking of trimming by the end of this year. I would have done it myself but at shoulder length my hair is just too short for that. And since I do not "have" a hair stylist right now (I need one that would cut 1/2 cm only and is using only sls-, silicones- etc. free products) I don't trim.
So I am thinking of:
either finding a stylist and trimming a little by the end of the year and then not trim in the next year (again) or
just go another year and see how my hair reacts.

It is a good way to grow my hair which is what I really want. I am just worried that they might start to split...

But I guess I'm in. :)

I'm in the 2014 no-trim challenge as well, and also haven't had a trim since November 2013. :D I am almost TBL now, and the next year (with no trimming in between) will hopefully get me to classic length. :)

AmyBeth
September 30th, 2014, 10:47 AM
I'm thinking about it. I'm hesitant because I'd really REALLY like to get to classic length at some point in my life and so far, I think I may be able to make it. But although it may seem counter-intuitive, my hair always seems to grow faster when I DO trim. Of course that was pre-LHC, and growing out pre-LHC damage. Now that my hair is healthier than it's ever been that may not necessarily be the case anymore. When I S&D, I hardly ever find splits or white dots. I could experiment and see what happens if I can achieve more length not trimming, but I'm older, and don't have as much time to fool around as you young whippersnappers;). I have a few months to think about it.... Perhaps a six month no trim challenge?

dancingrain91
September 30th, 2014, 11:54 AM
I might try this. The overwhelming majority of the bleach is gone from my hair and I only have one white and completely destroyed strand left. I'm pretty tempted to just cut that one strand right above the damage and wear my hair up. I think I may also talk Mom into cutting my hair back to BSL again in December and then doing no trims and wearing updos for 2015.

Fira
October 1st, 2014, 08:24 AM
Oh, lapushka, I can't wait to be where you are!!! :cool:

How is your hair doing with no trimming for so long, since it is that long? How are your ends?

I really would love to just go on another year, but I am slowly starting to get tangles here and there and that worries me (wouldn't want my hair to break).

Do you S&D at all?

Fira
October 1st, 2014, 08:24 AM

How is your hair doing with no trimming for so long, since it is that long? How are your ends?

I really would love to just go on another year, but I am slowly starting to get tangles here and there and that worries me (wouldn't want my hair to break).

Do you S&D at all?

Fira
October 1st, 2014, 08:27 AM
Sorry for the double post. :o

Fira
October 1st, 2014, 08:29 AM
(I've been having computer problems today, man!)

Fira
October 1st, 2014, 08:31 AM
(I've been having computer problems today, man!)

lapushka
October 1st, 2014, 08:59 AM

Do you S&D at all?

It took some time, that's for sure. ;) And there are people on here who've even gone longer between trims. Come November it will be a year for me. My ends are just fine. No splits, or white dots and they've not really thinned out. Not that it's a perfect hemline by any means (my hair is layered). I blame the good care on my washing & styling routine (see signature for those). No S&D'ing - ever (don't need to).

Hedera
October 1st, 2014, 09:48 AM
Double post, whoops.

Hedera
October 1st, 2014, 09:50 AM
I think I'm in!

Initially I was planning a tiny trim to even out my uneven ends (had a short bob with some texture / feathering so I didn't start with an even hemline) but I see no splits or any kind of damage.

And now that my hair is (sort of) long enough to put up in a bun or wear in a braid again I wear it down maybe one day a week, if that - so what do I care about my hemline being even?
Besides, that will fairytale-out eventually anyway.

Last haircut was late August 2013; I think I would like to maintain and micro-trim for a while at BSL or perhaps waist to see if I can thicken it up a little, but as long as there is no damage I don't really see a reason to cut anything off before that.

Éowyn_GreyEyes
October 1st, 2014, 10:10 AM
Well... I'm a little scared to try this because my ends get a little tangly and dry if I leave them too long, but I am trying to ween myself off from using the hairdryer and the occasional curls...I can go regularly about nine months without trims so what's three more months, especially if I'm being more hair conscious?

So after that I'm going to try, but not commit fully... If i feel my hair isn't liking it I will get a trim :( trim at the end of the year and then here we go!

vicvic
October 2nd, 2014, 12:38 PM
Ugh, I just realized that my hair is still "pixie shaped" - the hair above my ears is 2-3 inches shorter than the rest. The shape of my hair has really been bothering me, now I know why! I guess I'll just have to see if I can even it up by the new year without losing too much of the length I have (it is soo nice to be able to put it in a ponytail...)

tlang
October 2nd, 2014, 12:43 PM
currently at chin length thanks to a DBF of mine who loves me enough to "trim" my hair in exchange for coloring hers:)
So i know that between chin and shoulder my hair grows ugly... like a mullet with bangs? is that a thing?
I will trim the back untill front reaches shoulder and then it will be S&D from that point on. So i would guess at my current length plus typical growth rate i'd be there by January or so... Ad then I am on board with this:)

Eastbound&Down
October 2nd, 2014, 02:30 PM
I found a split today :( I may have to S&D sooner than I thought and that makes me sad.

SunnyIC
October 8th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Yesterday I looked at my hair in the sunlight and there were a couple (quite the amount) of splits so I might have to get a good cut at the beginning of the year. I was thinking of cutting to an even hemline when I fully reached waist, but I might do that when I get to MBL or almost waist. So I might get the cut in January-February and then (re)join the challenge for the rest of the year.

moontree
October 8th, 2014, 11:57 AM
After thinking about it, I haven't had a trim since march and I haven't even bothered S&Ding, so I'm in XD Hoping to get BSL or beyond through neglect and proper care. I already got through the mullet stage this year!

bte
October 8th, 2014, 12:54 PM
The whole question of trimming and S&D depends on how many splits you get and how worried you are about them. I am in for 2015 - of course. Having gone 20 years last June with no cuts, no trims, no S&D, I intend to go on gor another 20 years, if I live that long!! For me it's easy, as my hair grows so slowly, any trim would set me back by months if not years. However, after a stall of about 17 years, my hair has grown an inch and a half this year. For the first time in my life, I feel that it is long. Conclusion: never give up!

Good luck to you all for 2015.

Fufu
October 9th, 2014, 04:16 AM
Joining this club for 2015!

My last trim was 7 sept 2014, 1 month ago.

Was contemplating whether to grow my hair again after enjoying my short hair for the past few years. After seeing my mum's long lovely hair, decided to grow again and have my mum helped me to style my long hair in braids haha.

UniqueWabbit
October 9th, 2014, 05:52 AM
Have I already joined this thread here? If not, I hereby join and pledge. If so, sorry. I just can't find the post. Hectic day, dog is in the hospital. A virus going around. They can't identify it yet. Lost one dog already but ours made it through the night. It came on so suddenly! One day he's fine, next day sick as a ... well, dog! :puppy:

lapushka
October 9th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Welcome to all newbies! Yay. :cheer:

The deadline for trimming is January 2015. This challenge is a full year of no trimming, I'm absolutely strict about that. ;) :p

Flossiebell
October 9th, 2014, 07:03 AM
Count me in, no scissors have been near my hair since February 14, so I may do a little s&d if needed but that's it :-)

tlang
October 10th, 2014, 07:23 PM
alright... is there anyone in Kansas that wants to be my accountability partner... i chop, out of boredom, out of spite, because i saw something cute, because mines growing too slowly... etc, i need someone local to tell me to STFU and put the scissors down:)

butterflybutton
October 10th, 2014, 11:58 PM
I'm going to join too. I've been in the 2014 thread although I was naughty and evened out my hemline, so now it's even I've got no excuse to trim :)

If I can hold out I'll make it to BSL by the end of next year, which is my first goal length.

SunnyIC
October 11th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Now that the longest layers reached BSL I'm hoping the others will get there before the end of this year so I can even out the hemline, otherwise I'll have to cut in 2015 and that probably doesn't work for the challenge. But regardless of this I wish everyone lots of patience (some might need it) and good luck (hope no one gets those nasty splits) :)

Puffer Fish
October 12th, 2014, 10:31 AM
I think I might try this, with one exception: I love my bangs/fringe, so I'll have to maintain that. I think when I graduate college and come home in December (!!!) I'll get one last trim to even out my horrible, impatience-fueled self-trim on my bangs, and then try to go for as much of 2015 as I can without cutting the main body of my hair.
As far as I know I don't seem to get many splits, so hopefully this won't be too bad.

Hedera
October 12th, 2014, 10:51 AM
I think I might try this, with one exception: I love my bangs/fringe, so I'll have to maintain that. I think when I graduate college and come home in December (!!!) I'll get one last trim to even out my horrible, impatience-fueled self-trim on my bangs, and then try to go for as much of 2015 as I can without cutting the main body of my hair.
As far as I know I don't seem to get many splits, so hopefully this won't be too bad.

Ehm, yeah, I have bangs too and I want to keep them, so I will be trimming those!

Funny, that really feels like a separate thing from the length. :)

Rebecka
October 12th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Im in! Last cut was in July and now im more or less on BSL:cheer::joy: Very much layers cause i had damage in the upper parts of my hair and not lower. But since the lower parts of hair are so much curlier its ok :D

lapushka
October 12th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Funny, that really feels like a separate thing from the length. :)

Yes it has to be separate, otherwise those with bangs could not participate, and that would be a darn shame!

chelsea89ms
October 24th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Im in :) I haven't trimmed in over a year, I feel like I can keep this up until I hit my goal. I will be doing monthly S&D's, I mostly find fairy knots though.

brooke_kawaii
October 24th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Since I'm currently growing out damage and getting to my roots, I'll totally participate! :o If my ends get super ugly though I'll probably succumb u_u;;

mica
October 24th, 2014, 08:38 PM
I'm in! I microtrimmed 5 mm two weeks ago and have been doing S&D all throughout 2014, other than that, I haven't had a trim since 2012. I will S&D fiercely for the rest of the year, although I haven't seen any splits since the microtrim, I'd like to see if I can go a whole year without S&D.
Maybe I can reach TBL by the end of 2015! I thought I would be lucky to get to BCL by that time, but apparently I still have a lot to learn from my hair's wavy texture (shrinkage, for instance!). And just like Puffer Fish and Hedera, I will be keeping my fringe :o

Clea
October 24th, 2014, 10:45 PM
I'd like to try this! The longest I've gone without trimming would be around 6 months, so this might be a real challenge for me. I usually go to a salon to get my hair trimmed, or sometimes my sister will do it for me. They always take too much length off, though. It will be interesting to see how long my ends can last before they split.

chelsea89ms
October 25th, 2014, 12:10 AM
I'd like to try this! The longest I've gone without trimming would be around 6 months, so this might be a real challenge for me. I usually go to a salon to get my hair trimmed, or sometimes my sister will do it for me. They always take too much length off, though. It will be interesting to see how long my ends can last before they split.

Maybe you can try just trimming the splits (search&destroy), that has certainly helped me :)

Agnieszka
October 25th, 2014, 02:01 AM
I'll give it a go. Might have last trim in December as growing out hair from chin length bob and having some outgrown graduation going on :-) As someone mentioned before hairdressers in the UK are so expensive! My usual one next door (nothing too fancy) charges £50. I'm tempted to try simple £10 barber next time (but this is off topic, sorry :-)) My hair is shoulder length right now.

edit*** after reading my post again I decided not to have a trim in December. Will let it grow until outgrown highlights start splitting. Will wear them up as much as I can.

Fufu
October 25th, 2014, 06:53 AM
I actually can't wait for 2015 to come... 1 year of no-trim that I'm looking forward to.

SnowbirdRose
October 26th, 2014, 07:01 PM
I'm in. The last time I went to the stylist for a trim was six months ago, around the time I joined LHC.

Nadine <3
October 26th, 2014, 07:46 PM
I'm in for this! All of 2014 I was doing micro trims to get riid of layers. I'm tired of being stuck at APL so I'm moving on! Hopefully I'll make it to BSL this year, then I will maintain there for a few months to get ride of the rest of my layers! :)

Decemberrose
November 3rd, 2014, 04:09 PM
I'm in :)
Just cut out layers and bleachdamage.
Bring it on!!

lapushka
November 3rd, 2014, 04:11 PM
Yay, welcome to all who are new! :D

kdaniels8811
November 3rd, 2014, 04:43 PM
I am in, no trims in 2014 and none planned for 2015. I just hit waist, yay! so another year should have me to hip. My goal is classic, I think, it keeps changing but longer is good.

Sarahlabyrinth
November 3rd, 2014, 08:29 PM
Ladies and gents, I feel I must sadly bow out of this thread for next year in order to trim my thin ends into submission - but I will be with you all in spirit! :)

BitterChocolate
November 5th, 2014, 01:34 PM
I'm joining in :flower: I'm planning to do quite a big chop around Christmas to get rid of some damage (probably to shoulder - I'm currently around APL, nowhere near to many of you :) ). I will try my best to baby my hair to prevent future damage, so hopefully I will be able to keep at it wih you guys. That being said, I do still have bleach in my hair (old bleach, haven't dyed my hair for over a year), so may still have to do some search and destroy.

Puffer Fish
November 5th, 2014, 02:59 PM
I mainly can't wait for this time next year because in theory, if I go through with the whole year of no trimming, by the end my hair will be long enough that I can microtrim from then on and not have to go back to the salon for a very long time! (Though I will miss my salon lady...oh well.)

Rio040113
November 5th, 2014, 03:19 PM
I'll be in :)

I did no trims in 2014 and that went well, although I had a short period where I did get a little slack with my S&D but luckily my hair handled my neglect just fine. -Pats hair proudly-. I'll be trimming maybe 1/2" at the New Year, then onwards into 2015 armed with plans to S&D only :lol:

Fingers crossed for Classic in 2015!

wilderwein
December 12th, 2014, 06:20 AM
I'M IIIN!!!!! i just need to see this thread a lot so I wont be tempted to cut anything!

curiop
December 12th, 2014, 07:06 AM
I'm in! I have no split ends or tangles since my last trim in June (my only trim this year), and my hair quality is only getting better due to better care/growing out of bleached parts! I grow about .5 inch a month (I've only measured this winter) so maybe 6 inches, which will get me fully into MBL, woo :cool:

Fericera
December 12th, 2014, 08:49 AM
I didn't trim in 2014, and I think I am going to try for another year! I haven't seen a single split yet, so I'm hesitant to lose length and fuss over going to a hair dresser when I'm fairly pleased with how it's growing out. Once I get to BSL or so I might do a blunt cut, but I've discovered my non-blunt ends are quite handy for tucking up under braids and into bun twists with a hair stick.

The only worry I have is that my ends are growing out from having been razor cut in the very back. Since I haven't had problems so far, do you think I'm good to continue? I read somewhere that razor cutting causes splits faster or weakens the hair, or something like that.

I guess it doesn't hurt to try, so I'm in!

whiterabbit
December 12th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Count me in:) I'm working on learning to put it up(so it'll stay;)) That way my employers will be happy too! XD Do I need to do anything specific to join?

georgia_peach
December 12th, 2014, 11:08 AM
I didn't trim in 2014, and I think I am going to try for another year! I haven't seen a single split yet, so I'm hesitant to lose length and fuss over going to a hair dresser when I'm fairly pleased with how it's growing out. Once I get to BSL or so I might do a blunt cut, but I've discovered my non-blunt ends are quite handy for tucking up under braids and into bun twists with a hair stick.

The only worry I have is that my ends are growing out from having been razor cut in the very back. Since I haven't had problems so far, do you think I'm good to continue? I read somewhere that razor cutting causes splits faster or weakens the hair, or something like that.

I guess it doesn't hurt to try, so I'm in! I am in a very similar situation as you. I haven't trimmed or cut since January 22nd of this year. That cut involved some razoring and thinning shears. No splits or problems with me either. So I'm just going to keep at it without trims unless I actually see some damage happening. You must be taking really good care of hair which also makes a difference. :)

Akville
December 12th, 2014, 11:27 AM
I've just got a trim... chopt of almost 5 cm... Very sad..

So I'm definitely going for not to trims in 2015..

gthlvrmx
December 13th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Does S&D count as trimming? Can we S&D if we are jumping on the no trimming 2015 wagon?

wilderwein
December 14th, 2014, 06:31 AM
Does S&D count as trimming? Can we S&D if we are jumping on the no trimming 2015 wagon?

I believe it doesnt count as a trim, since you dont cut actual length

jacqueline101
December 14th, 2014, 06:57 AM
I tried it this year made it a good 6 or 7 months before I trimmed. I'm going to try one more time. I'm hoping to have success at this. I always get trim happy.

Halliday
December 14th, 2014, 07:01 AM
I'm in! I'm determined to get to at LEAST waist this time next year - hip would be a dream... I must hide my haircutting scissors.

two_wheels
December 14th, 2014, 07:15 AM
I'm in. I did it by accident this year. Laziness = long hair :lol: I will snip any split ends I see, though. Only had a few so far, I can't stand them!

lapushka
December 14th, 2014, 08:03 AM
No S&D doesn't count. Microtrimming does, however. If you "dust" once in a while, you'll be better off in the microtrimming thread. A trim is a trim. Just handling your splits via S&D is not technically touching the length in any way.

Halliday
December 14th, 2014, 08:30 AM
No S&D doesn't count. Microtrimming does, however. If you "dust" once in a while, you'll be better off in the microtrimming thread. A trim is a trim. Just handling your splits via S&D is not technically touching the length in any way.

Ah okay thanks for clearing it up. I'm going to S&D a looooot today, my hair needs it.

dancingrain91
December 14th, 2014, 11:34 AM
I'm in! I want my hair to finally grow some. It's been in the same spot a long time.

maryj
December 14th, 2014, 11:43 AM
what are fairytale ends??

gthlvrmx
December 14th, 2014, 02:41 PM
I believe it doesnt count as a trim, since you dont cut actual length

Ok thank you so much! I needed that explained! :p

MarlieJane
December 14th, 2014, 02:44 PM
I'm in! Sort of. I'm not sure I'm ready to commit for the whole year because I already have a ton of split ends and S&D alone just doesn't seem to take care of them, but I'm going to see how long I can go! I think I can commit to holding off on a trim until June....

lapushka
December 14th, 2014, 03:21 PM
what are fairytale ends??

Hair that naturally tapers with growth. ;) (classic newbie questions, welcome BTW)

emilynella
December 14th, 2014, 03:46 PM
I am in 100%!! This is like my third post ever on this forum (such a newbie) but I have been lurking for awhile I can't explain how excited I am about having a place to talk about hair ( I think the subject is wearing thin when I talk to my DH about it lol ). I've always always had full on hair cuts every couple of months except for this past six months or so. My hair is just APL and it's never been longer than this...ever!!! Its in pretty good condition I believe even though I do dye it dark and I don't see any split ends yet.... so I don't know it will be interesting to see if I can keep scissors away from it for a whole year lol!

lapushka
December 14th, 2014, 04:16 PM
I am in 100%!! This is like my third post ever on this forum (such a newbie) but I have been lurking for awhile I can't explain how excited I am about having a place to talk about hair ( I think the subject is wearing thin when I talk to my DH about it lol ). I've always always had full on hair cuts every couple of months except for this past six months or so. My hair is just APL and it's never been longer than this...ever!!! Its in pretty good condition I believe even though I do dye it dark and I don't see any split ends yet.... so I don't know it will be interesting to see if I can keep scissors away from it for a whole year lol!

Great! Welcome to the thread & welcome to LHC! :)

TaterTot
December 14th, 2014, 09:13 PM
I'm growing out a total baked shaved head
No trims for me! Calling 2015 beast mode.

lapushka
December 15th, 2014, 08:27 AM
I'm growing out a total baked shaved head
No trims for me! Calling 2015 beast mode.

Not even mullet trims? Damn, that's awesome!

RainbowBowser
December 15th, 2014, 08:40 AM
I'm debating a trim sometime this month before I hop on this bandwagon.
No trims simply because I S&D anyway and thats good enough for me 99% of the time.

skeletonous
December 15th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Deciding on what kind of trim I want before this challenge begins...I was thinking just a dusting but I'm not sure, I could probably deal with like half an inch at the most. I'm pretty scared to let anyone cut my hair though :lol: even my own mother, just because if it gets messed up I can only blame myself. And as far as I can tell, my hair seems to be pretty darn healthy *knock on wood* :pray: so perhaps I will learn how to dust my hair myself at this length.

EDIT: I should mention that I will S&D my hair this upcoming year as I have been, I really like that method and I think it'll keep me from being too paranoid lol.

LiiAme
December 15th, 2014, 11:03 AM
:cheer:Yay! Count me in! This will be my first year ever going without trims, so I'm pretty excited. Besides, my sis pointed out the other day that although I keep complaining about my hair not growing, I keep trimming it and that it could have been hip length or further if I didn't keep grabbing at the scissors...

I'm hoping to be surprised with growth this coming year :cheer: good luck everyone!

lapushka
December 15th, 2014, 11:21 AM
I'm hoping to be surprised with growth this coming year :cheer: good luck everyone!

Good luck to you too! :D

TaterTot
December 15th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Not even mullet trims? Damn, that's awesome!

I'm wearing a wig - so I don't care what it looks like. Cheating? Maybe!
I will get blunt bangs when its long enoug but that might be 2016 :)

Agnieszka
December 16th, 2014, 02:58 AM
My last haircut was in June 2014. I was planning a trim in December but my hair is in decent condition (thanks to LHC) so if I finish this challenge I would be 1,5 year with no trim! Yay!!!!!

lapushka
December 16th, 2014, 05:01 AM
I'm wearing a wig - so I don't care what it looks like. Cheating? Maybe!
I will get blunt bangs when its long enoug but that might be 2016 :)

I wouldn't go so far as to call it cheating. I wouldn't dare! ;)

Taenarian
December 16th, 2014, 06:19 AM
Nothing but S&D this year for me
Healthy tresses rule, as all can plainly see.

No more rhyming and I mean it!

hanne jensen
December 16th, 2014, 06:39 AM
I'm going to have to bow out of this challenge. My ends are just too fragile to go a whole year without dusting. My hair also grows very unevenly. Although I want long hair yesterday, I also want healthy hair. My hair just is too dry and fragile.

lapushka
December 16th, 2014, 07:16 AM
I'm going to have to bow out of this challenge. My ends are just too fragile to go a whole year without dusting. My hair also grows very unevenly. Although I want long hair yesterday, I also want healthy hair. My hair just is too dry and fragile.

You could just go for it, trim at the latest the 1st of January and then see where it takes you. Makes no sense bowing out and not even trying, IMMHO. :)

Angels+Eyeliner
December 16th, 2014, 09:09 AM
I'm in. I want to see if I can get some proper growth in, and I'm really curious how fast it will grow now.

lapushka
December 16th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Yay, welcome!

chillerthanice
December 16th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Challenge accepted!

MarlieJane
December 16th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Nothing but S&D this year for me
Healthy tresses rule, as all can plainly see.

No more rhyming and I mean it!

Anybody want a peanut?

LoversLullaby
December 16th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Challenge accepted! (Besides trimming my bangs, because I like them, and S&D :D) I'll probably freshen up the ends with a dusting before the end of the year, and then am going to try this!

Islandgrrl
December 16th, 2014, 11:42 PM
Oh, what the heck. I'll join. Hoping for mid-calf by next Christmas!

texangrrl
December 17th, 2014, 02:31 PM
I'm in for no trims in 2015. I plan on S&D, but that's it. When I first started at LHC, my goal was waist length with a U hemline. Now I've fallen in love with fairytale endings (no pun intended :laugh:) and my new goal is tailbone with fairytale endings. My current length is BSL with a U hemline.

lacefrost
December 17th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Me!!! I need to stay really far away from scissors. Far far away.

Princess Mom
December 18th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Me! I been trimming for 2 years! I stop dying and cutting my hair in October and my hair is now BSL!

Puffer Fish
December 18th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Today my mom asked me "Are you gonna get a haircut soon?" and I gleefully responded "No!"
She doesn't know about no-trim 2015 though, so I have no idea how often I'm going to hear this next year lol.
If I had a maniacal laughter emoji I'd use it here. First time in my life I'm feeling in charge of my hair and that means doing...nothing!
[/excited post]

lapushka
December 19th, 2014, 04:29 AM
Oh you guys are so enthusiastic! That's such fun!!! :D

houlihan
December 19th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Me me me! My hair's currently just about shoulder length, and I'd love to get to somewhere between APL and BSL (maybe a bit optimistic?!) by this time next year, so no trims for me. I had my last cut about 10-12 weeks ago and have been taking very good care of it since then. No split ends so far, so hopefully I can keep up the good maintenance and learn to do a bit of S+D throughout 2015 as and when. It'll be really useful to check in on this thread and get encouragement from other people! I'm terrible for getting bored of my hair and desperately wanting to get a load of it chopped off again...

Halliday
December 19th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee as well ;) Must hide the trimming scissors.

Eastbound&Down
December 19th, 2014, 02:05 PM
2 more weeks till my 1 year no trim hairversary :) I've going so much in the last year :) it makes me happy. My hemline looks like a funky upside down U because of the bob I'm growing out but I'm going to try to stick it out for another year before I cut.

Puffer Fish
December 19th, 2014, 02:07 PM
2 more weeks till my 1 year no trim hairversary :) I've going so much in the last year :) it makes me happy. My hemline looks like a funky upside down U because of the bob I'm growing out but I'm going to try to stick it out for another year before I cut.

Me too with the hemline! Maybe we have n hems? lol

Belle Paix
December 19th, 2014, 02:54 PM
I'm going to jump on this one!! No trimming for me....i'm hoping to make it to APL by years end.....Oh lord...

yahirwaO.o
December 19th, 2014, 11:31 PM
2013 was my year with no trim.... The outcome from mid back I grew a very solid classic lenght, the downside awful thin thin ends (maybe worse because I didnt brush it).

But this is just for finish hair... Thick and such can get away with it really well. :eek:

Aaroo
December 20th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I'm in! I went for three years without a trim and was close to hip. But last month I cut 4 inches as the amount of hair was basically beyond my control!
I am an inch or two above waist now. I will only do s&d this year and try to make my hair manageable. If it gets beyond control again I have to leave the challenge but I hope it does not happen!

anastasiashea
December 20th, 2014, 05:07 PM
I am going to attempt this, minus bang trims. My fivehead does not need to be exposed to the world.

lapushka
December 20th, 2014, 05:12 PM
I am going to attempt this, minus bang trims. My fivehead does not need to be exposed to the world.

Bangs don't count for this challenge, anyway. ;)

Eastbound&Down
December 20th, 2014, 09:21 PM
Me too with the hemline! Maybe we have n hems? lol

Ha! I like it, N hem.

RachelRose
December 23rd, 2014, 07:19 PM
I will try lol I'm trying not to trim at least til May and I have my baby , but hey if my hair is still in good condition I will just let it go :)

georgia_peach
December 23rd, 2014, 08:51 PM
I'm just dropping by to welcome everyone who is joining this challenge. On January 22nd, I will have gone a year without any trims. Looking forward to another year and lots of growth. Many thanks to Lapushka for being a great motivator here! :)

PsychoLoverly
December 24th, 2014, 12:17 AM
I'm in! I would love to see how much growth I retain from not cutting it :p Might have to do a small micro trim here in Dec though...

gnome82
December 24th, 2014, 01:53 AM
I am in too, I am just able to put my hair up, so I don't need to trim to avoid having a mullet now :joy:. Looking forward to seeing how much growth i'll get :D

lapushka
December 24th, 2014, 05:12 AM
I still feel no need to have a trim. I first thought I might trim in between year one and year two, but ... no. NO! I'm growing on! :D :cheer:

JustPam
December 24th, 2014, 06:09 AM
Ohh the closer this gets the more I doubt I can do it! I think a good sized trim just before the new year is in order, and a very 'cone-dependent 2015 shall commence, haha.

DreamSheep
December 24th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Looks like my parents haven't even suggested a trim, so it looks like, at least until Summer, I'll be trim free. Last I trimmed was mid-September 2013, so I'll definitely have super-fairy tail ends. :) I'm hoping to gain enough length to securely make a few new buns, and once I have surplus length I feel I should probably tidy up my hemline.

That said, I'm not one to make hairdresser appointments and I don't dare trim myself, so I'll probably end up just S&Ding for the rest of the year.

wilderwein
December 24th, 2014, 08:12 AM
I am one of this persons that when my hair develops fairytale hair ends I need to cut them (probably hairstylists brain washing me), and when I cut them I hate the way my hair looks and I need them back! I. Shall. Not. Cut them this year. AT ALL!
I'm so glad I joined LHC and I don't feel anymore that my hair are "wrong"

lapushka
December 24th, 2014, 09:33 AM
I am one of this persons that when my hair develops fairytale hair ends I need to cut them (probably hairstylists brain washing me), and when I cut them I hate the way my hair looks and I need them back! I. Shall. Not. Cut them this year. AT ALL!
I'm so glad I joined LHC and I don't feel anymore that my hair are "wrong"

Good on you! :D :thumbsup:

Halliday
December 24th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Last time I cut my hair was July 2013. Or 2012. Oh goodness, I can't remember. Must be 2013.

Anyway I'm not cutting AT ALL this year! Just S&D. I NEED to get to at least waist this year, but more likely hip (I hope).

pinchbeck
December 24th, 2014, 11:42 AM
I wish I could, unfortunately I have to micro-trim every so often or my ends get so thin :(

^^This plus my hemline looks unkempt (looks like I can't afford to maintain my hair) and my hair is much easier to comb when my ends are blunt. Wish I had different hair but deal with what I have.

lunalocks
December 24th, 2014, 11:50 AM
I am amazed at my growth in the past year and a half without trimming (only s and d). So for 2015, it's another 12 months without a trim. I am about an inch from classic. In one year I will either trim my ends back to classic (hope to be at least 5 inches beyond classic at that point) and maintain for a while to thicken up the ends.

Viola88
December 28th, 2014, 05:33 AM
I am trying to decide what to do. I am thinking of having a good trim then joining y'all. See, I haven't cut, trimmed, or s&d my hair since mid January 2010. I am getting the urge to cut ~2 inches.

lapushka
December 28th, 2014, 06:11 AM
All who want to still trim before this challenge, best to do it now! You still have some time left.

January 1st is the last day to cut for this challenge. :)

georgia_peach
December 28th, 2014, 06:38 AM
I am trying to decide what to do. I am thinking of having a good trim then joining y'all. See, I haven't cut, trimmed, or s&d my hair since mid January 2010. I am getting the urge to cut ~2 inches. Five years with no trims of any sort...that's awesome! I can't imagine a 2 inch trim will hurt your length much. How much length have you gained in that time?

picklepie
December 28th, 2014, 07:16 AM
I've gone from a buzzcut Dec. 2009, to HL (TBL stretched) Dec. 2014, with only one tiny trim to cut off the "point" that developed due to the natural layering of growing out a shaved head. That was in 2011.

I have a few splits, and I should probably S&D (I've done it about twice over the years) but I find it so tedious. Wearing my hair up 360 days out of 365 seems like it protects my hair pretty well.

So I'm in for another year! Hoping for Classic at some point.

lapushka
December 28th, 2014, 07:36 AM
So I'm in for another year! Hoping for Classic at some point.

Yay, and amazing on the growth! :D Such persistence! That goes for you too, Viola88. :)

Viola88
December 28th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Shoot, January 2011. It's only been 4 years this January :) I joined LHC in 2012. I guessed at my Jan 2011 starting length of 14 inches. I am now ~37 inches.

Thanks georgia_peach and lapushka :)

picklepie
December 28th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Thanks Lapushka. :) I really took it to heart when LHC said, "to have long hair, stop cutting it off!" lol.

Wildcat Diva
December 28th, 2014, 08:39 AM
I will probably do this. I just had a small trim this past week, and that was the first time in 1.75 years. I'm pretty sure I can go all of 2015 without trimming. I will probably take an inch at the start of 2016 though. I plan to gain about five inches between one inch trims, that is my growing plan. Being wavy can throw a kink (haha) in the plan though.

lapushka
December 28th, 2014, 08:47 AM
I last had it trimmed (into layers) November 2013. I can do another year!!! For sure. :)

skeletonous
December 28th, 2014, 10:05 AM
It doesn't look like I'll be getting a trim before the new year, according to my blog entries my last trim was around 9/29/14. If it starts to look like I need a trim around that time next year, I won't be too hard on myself and will probably trim since it would technically be a year ;).

zanelle
December 28th, 2014, 10:06 AM
I am in :)

divinedobbie
December 28th, 2014, 12:40 PM
I've thought about it (since I'm very big about keeping my word) and decided I'm in! And I don't think I'll even trim before the new year :D My last trim was October and I think my ends will be ok if I continue for another year no trim. I'd really like to reach waist, which is 6" away and I'll only get there if I don't trim at all.

DreamSheep
December 28th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Well, I cut off 1-2cm off my ends (ends are very thin, so makes no noticeable difference) - but I am starting to balk and wondering whether to microtrim like that every so often to start evening bits up (after a year and a half, although there are noticeable layer areas, all of my hairs are different lengths which looks tatty in braids). :(

The other half of me likes being the lazy-growing-growing-growing self... Anyway, new year hasn't started yet, so who knows what'll happen :)

lapushka
December 28th, 2014, 02:06 PM
It doesn't look like I'll be getting a trim before the new year, according to my blog entries my last trim was around 9/29/14. If it starts to look like I need a trim around that time next year, I won't be too hard on myself and will probably trim since it would technically be a year ;).

Oh well, sometimes we need to hold on to our own schedule. ;)

I am in :)

Great, and welcome to LHC. :)

I've thought about it (since I'm very big about keeping my word) and decided I'm in! And I don't think I'll even trim before the new year :D My last trim was October and I think my ends will be ok if I continue for another year no trim. I'd really like to reach waist, which is 6" away and I'll only get there if I don't trim at all.

Yay! You should make it to waist then by next year! :)

Well, I cut off 1-2cm off my ends (ends are very thin, so makes no noticeable difference) - but I am starting to balk and wondering whether to microtrim like that every so often to start evening bits up (after a year and a half, although there are noticeable layer areas, all of my hairs are different lengths which looks tatty in braids). :(

The other half of me likes being the lazy-growing-growing-growing self... Anyway, new year hasn't started yet, so who knows what'll happen :)

My hair is layered as well, pretty heavily too, and I just don't care one bit. I'd be lost without my layers. :)

DreamSheep
December 28th, 2014, 02:09 PM
My hair is layered as well, pretty heavily too, and I just don't care one bit. I'd be lost without my layers. :)

Heehee, I know lapushka - and it looks fab on you (in the one photo I've seen anyway ^_^). I haven't really minded at all the past... year and a half (or forever as I liked my layers always), but I guess at my bum-crossing I feel I want to sloooooowly tidy bits up. I'll see how it all pans out. I've put my hair up in a bun (managed to write "up in a bum" first time round - oh dearie me!) to forget about whether to snippy snip or nopey nope. :p

Nadine <3
December 28th, 2014, 02:21 PM
I'll be doing a protein treatment and a trim on the 30th to prepare for no trimming in all of 2015! I'm excited, but I might have to hide my scissors...I have a tendency to trim to often. Fresh ends just feel so great and I despise my layers...they'll get all trimmed off at some point.

lapushka
December 28th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Heehee, I know lapushka - and it looks fab on you (in the one photo I've seen anyway ^_^). I haven't really minded at all the past... year and a half (or forever as I liked my layers always), but I guess at my bum-crossing I feel I want to sloooooowly tidy bits up. I'll see how it all pans out. I've put my hair up in a bun (managed to write "up in a bum" first time round - oh dearie me!) to forget about whether to snippy snip or nopey nope. :p

I vote "nopey nope"! ;) :D

I'll be doing a protein treatment and a trim on the 30th to prepare for no trimming in all of 2015! I'm excited, but I might have to hide my scissors...I have a tendency to trim to often. Fresh ends just feel so great and I despise my layers...they'll get all trimmed off at some point.

Don't cut too much off, Nadine! :)

Wildcat Diva
December 28th, 2014, 03:37 PM
My barber did just what I asked her to, trimmed only an inch off when my hair was dry and oiled. And really, it wasn't much, one inch probably didn't touch the bulk of my hair as it had fairy tailed a bit in almost two years. But eventually I can decide to adopt more of a maintenance schedule, NOT NOW. For now, grow grow grow.

two_wheels
December 28th, 2014, 03:45 PM
I last had it trimmed (into layers) November 2013. I can do another year!!! For sure. :)
We are last-trim twins. Nov 2013 for me too. Who will crack first? ;)

lapushka
December 28th, 2014, 04:01 PM
We are last-trim twins. Nov 2013 for me too. Who will crack first? ;)

Hahaha! Me, probably. ;) I think I will trim at the very end of 2015. I have 4 (well 3,5) inches to go to classic, so I'll reach that within the year, then I'll probably trim back to classic once I get past it a couple inches.

two_wheels
December 28th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Hahaha! Me, probably. ;) I think I will trim at the very end of 2015. I have 4 (well 3,5) inches to go to classic, so I'll reach that within the year, then I'll probably trim back to classic once I get past it a couple inches.

We'll see! It will be close, because I am sure that mine will need a trim before waist and I should be about an inch short of waist by then.
Classic, wow! That's been a long time coming, it must feel good to be approaching it.

lapushka
December 28th, 2014, 04:13 PM
We'll see! It will be close, because I am sure that mine will need a trim before waist and I should be about an inch short of waist by then.
Classic, wow! That's been a long time coming, it must feel good to be approaching it.

It feels awesome, honestly! :D I hope you reach your goal of waist length next year! :)

Red'N'Curly
December 28th, 2014, 09:41 PM
I decided I really HAD to trim and took off an inch from my longest layer. The bottom layer of my hair is in horrible condition, with splits all the way up. But the rest of my hair is gloriously healthy! So I cut the damaged hair up a bit to hide unew the healthy stuff. Hopefully I can find a routine that will prevent more splits down there, but in the meantime you can't tell ; )

Well, that inch removed puts me back to just brusing BSL (I have low mommy boobs, okay?) Now no trimming for a year. Let's go waist!

Sparklylady82
December 28th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Hmmm, I am contemplating joining. Surprisingly my ends are feeling and looking pretty good and I haven't trimmed in 2 months! I've been on a monthly microtrim scheduele because I am growing out bleached hair BUT I really want longer hair FASTER!!! Haha, that is the curse of LHC right? So maybe I'll trim 1/2 inch now and try no trims for 2015 :-)

cole
December 29th, 2014, 12:48 AM
My last trim was around my birthday in July. That seems to be my yearly trim. I'll be pumped, though, if I don't need one this coming year about that time! But, my curls do need a little layering to not look awful, so I may need to just to not feel like a triangle head. (:

lapushka
December 29th, 2014, 04:46 AM
I decided I really HAD to trim and took off an inch from my longest layer. The bottom layer of my hair is in horrible condition, with splits all the way up. But the rest of my hair is gloriously healthy! So I cut the damaged hair up a bit to hide unew the healthy stuff. Hopefully I can find a routine that will prevent more splits down there, but in the meantime you can't tell ; )

Well, that inch removed puts me back to just brusing BSL (I have low mommy boobs, okay?) Now no trimming for a year. Let's go waist!

Yay, let's go waist! :cheer:

Hmmm, I am contemplating joining. Surprisingly my ends are feeling and looking pretty good and I haven't trimmed in 2 months! I've been on a monthly microtrim scheduele because I am growing out bleached hair BUT I really want longer hair FASTER!!! Haha, that is the curse of LHC right? So maybe I'll trim 1/2 inch now and try no trims for 2015 :-)

My last trim was around my birthday in July. That seems to be my yearly trim. I'll be pumped, though, if I don't need one this coming year about that time! But, my curls do need a little layering to not look awful, so I may need to just to not feel like a triangle head. (:

Well you guys can't but try, and that's more than enough already, IMO it is!

vega
December 29th, 2014, 04:49 AM
Hi lapushka Im in , I just need to detangle extremely gentle and baby my ends I'm in

georgia_peach
December 29th, 2014, 05:01 AM
I'm very excited to see so many no-trimmers on board! I definitely need all the encouragement I can get. :agree: And my new *No Trim 2015* Album is set up and ready for the first monthly picture on January 1st. (It's public if anyone is interested...but my hair is still pitifully short so nothing real exciting to see.) Is anyone else keeping an album on their profile to record their no trim progress?

JustPam
December 29th, 2014, 05:12 AM
I'm trimming tomorrow night, I'm just gonna carry on with the compact cut method so nothing should come off the length, most of my damage seems to be in the top and middle layers anyway so hopefully I can get rid of a decent chunk of that.

lapushka
December 29th, 2014, 05:26 AM
Hi lapushka Im in , I just need to detangle extremely gentle and baby my ends I'm in

Yay, welcome! :)

I'm very excited to see so many no-trimmers on board! I definitely need all the encouragement I can get. :agree: And my new *No Trim 2015* Album is set up and ready for the first monthly picture on January 1st. (It's public if anyone is interested...but my hair is still pitifully short so nothing real exciting to see.) Is anyone else keeping an album on their profile to record their no trim progress?

Yes, it is very exciting, isn't it!!! Whenever you feel you're about to lose courage, check in, we'll support you! I'm just going to have a picture taken when I reach my no-trimming goal, which is classic length. But there's a quarterly check-in on here started by LauraLongLocks! Maybe you could join that too.

I'm trimming tomorrow night, I'm just gonna carry on with the compact cut method so nothing should come off the length, most of my damage seems to be in the top and middle layers anyway so hopefully I can get rid of a decent chunk of that.

Compact cut for me too (forehead ponytail for me). Hope your trim goes well!

allierat
December 29th, 2014, 05:36 AM
I'm in. I think my ends have recovered enough from past abuse to go back to rarely trimming :)

lapushka
December 29th, 2014, 05:55 AM
I'm in. I think my ends have recovered enough from past abuse to go back to rarely trimming :)

Welcome! :)

Platzhalter
December 29th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Also not going to trim next year (like this one) as I want to see my hair grow just the way it grows. Also makes the answer to the infamous "how did you do that?" quite easy... just didn't cut, you know? ;)

lapushka
December 29th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Haha! ;) Right on, though! :D

CoveredByLove
December 29th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I'm in too! :D
I did this last year from Dec 2013- Nov 2014 (Ok..I know not quite a year but whatever!;) ) I grew a lot, from shoulder to BSL curly. My nape hair is 2b/2c so my length doesn't shrink as much as if it was 3a all over. I'm in between APL and BSL now (after cut in Nov.) I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for me length-wise. :D (All I want for Christmas next year is MBL LENGTH HAIR! Is that too much to ask for? :p )

Nadine <3
December 29th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Don't cut too much off, Nadine! :)

Never! I'm just doing one last micro trim and then packing away the scissors for the year! Might do S&D if I start finding some splits, but for the most part I'm pretty lazy about S&D. It take so long, and even if I know I have some, I can never find them when actively trying to find and cut them off lol

lapushka
December 29th, 2014, 02:35 PM
I'm in too! :D
I did this last year from Dec 2013- Nov 2014 (Ok..I know not quite a year but whatever!;) ) I grew a lot, from shoulder to BSL curly. My nape hair is 2b/2c so my length doesn't shrink as much as if it was 3a all over. I'm in between APL and BSL now (after cut in Nov.) I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for me length-wise. :D (All I want for Christmas next year is MBL LENGTH HAIR! Is that too much to ask for? :p )

That's quite some progress! Hope you get to MBL! :D

Never! I'm just doing one last micro trim and then packing away the scissors for the year! Might do S&D if I start finding some splits, but for the most part I'm pretty lazy about S&D. It take so long, and even if I know I have some, I can never find them when actively trying to find and cut them off lol

Oh, a micro-trim. :)

georgia_peach
December 29th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Yes, it is very exciting, isn't it!!! Whenever you feel you're about to lose courage, check in, we'll support you! I'm just going to have a picture taken when I reach my no-trimming goal, which is classic length. But there's a quarterly check-in on here started by LauraLongLocks! Maybe you could join that too. Thank you, lapushka! Having support really does help. :flower:

divinedobbie
December 29th, 2014, 09:49 PM
I'm getting super excited for this year! I joined LHC on Jan 9 last year so I was late to join the start-of-the-year challenges and inconsistent in my routines and photos. Now that I've microtrimmed my ends to a decent condition I can't wait to do a no trim year and just let it grow and finally see some (downward) progress!

Alien Girl
December 29th, 2014, 09:58 PM
I was planning on it at the end of the new January, but my boyfriend has me reconsidering. I have horrible thinned out layers (the shortest chunks are literally only 3 inches long) and an uneven cut. I'm so tempted to just chop it all (up to my chin, it's touching my shoulders now) but boyfriend told me I'd just end up sad again and stressed out over having to grow it back to this still very short length.

I'm going to be VERY consistent with my supplements, and do inversion method every month.

I'm still very tempted though. Taking my sis out for her hair trim and movies tomorrow. I MAY get a small tiny trim..... So frustrating!!

Nadine <3
December 29th, 2014, 11:05 PM
So, I meant to do my protein treatment and trim tomorrow, but I decided that since I'll be busy tomorrow, I would just do it tonight. I needed to wash pretty badly anyways. Putting my scissors away for the year!

HazelBug
December 30th, 2014, 03:27 AM
Well, I'm in. My ends still look pretty good after around a year of no trimming. I actually like the look of fairy tail ends. So eventually I don't mind seeing em on me.

allierat
December 30th, 2014, 04:37 AM
I was thinking about one last trim like a lot of people seem to be doing but I can't find my scissors anyway!

georgia_peach
December 30th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Hi Everybody! I guess this is our countdown time. Yay!
Well, I'm in. My ends still look pretty good after around a year of no trimming. I actually like the look of fairy tail ends. So eventually I don't mind seeing em on me. I agree, HazelBug. I decided to embrace my fairy tail ends, too.

lapushka
December 30th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Thanks for joining me, you guys, you rock! :D :cheer:

JustPam
December 30th, 2014, 03:31 PM
The trim is done, the new ends have been conditioned and coned, length has been retained, layers have been acquired. Bring on the next 12 months!

lapushka
December 30th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Yes, bring it *on*! :lol:

Sparklylady82
December 30th, 2014, 11:42 PM
Getting ready to trim tomorrow and I'll be ready for 12 months no trims!!!

Estrid
December 31st, 2014, 01:36 AM
Hmm, I guess I could join in here!

I have decided to let my hair grow without trimming till it reach about BSL, which would mean no trimming during 2015. It shouldn't be too hard for me since I am quite used to going long without cutting/trimming my hair, but then my hair has never been past APL.

Angels+Eyeliner
December 31st, 2014, 02:05 AM
I am literally just waiting for the rest of the household to stop hogging the bathrooms so I can jump into one of them and do my last trim, then spend a while with my favourite hair mask on. I don't think I've ever been this excited for anything else on New Year's Eve, not even parties.

Nordlilja
December 31st, 2014, 03:09 AM
So, I give up! I'll join you for a year of no trims! Measured this morning, 90 cm/35,4 inches. I know that my hair grows very slow, probably less than 1 cm/month, and by 151231, I will know for sure. I am doing S&D when needed, but nothing else.

Since my hair likes protein, I'll give it some treatments once in a while to keep it happy.

Mearwynna
December 31st, 2014, 08:49 AM
I think I'm going to join you all. My last trim was in december, so I should be fine for a while. I have a lot of damage from dye and neglect so I will have to baby it along. I just measured my hair and it's at 21 inches, my pony tail diameter is 3/4 inch so I am really thin. (My hair has changed a lot because of my health over the last few years so this is a big challenge for me to accept it like it is right now. I'm 4 months pregnant so I'll probably get nice and thick and then have a postpartum loss next summer

lapushka
December 31st, 2014, 09:07 AM
Welcome to the challenge, Maerwynna! It's always good to try and go for it! :)

lapushka
December 31st, 2014, 09:08 AM
Is everybody ready. Last day to trim tomorrow, and then... leave it alone for a year. Are you sure you're ready? :lol: Let's go!!!

wilderwein
December 31st, 2014, 09:09 AM
I am ready!!!!!!!! ( I will need some courage tho on the bad hair days)