PDA

View Full Version : Having my hair cut!

cobden 28
September 16th, 2014, 05:17 PM
It's no good, I have to have my hair cut.....not short again, oh no, but I've ben trying to grow out a fringe for eighteen months now and it's got to level with my top lip so too long to leave loose and just a fraction too short to tie back or do anything with. Even an Alice band doesn't help my hair look tidy; I looked a mess in my daughter's Uni graduation photos in July of this year.

So I'm going to have a fringe cut back into my hair next week.

browneyedsusan
September 16th, 2014, 07:23 PM
I grew my bangs out with the pixie. I did these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCQJ7aenX1U), and lots of variations of them! Wear your bangs if you like them, though! (I never did. They were either too short, or poking my eyes! I looked better with them, but they were a pain to keep up.) :)

Phexlyn
September 17th, 2014, 12:57 AM
Are you getting them cut because you want bangs or because the hair is getting on your nerves?

If your bangs are too short to fit in your ponytail/bun (which I assume they are), you could just pin them back in several sections (like #3 in the video above, but you can do the sides as well). How do you wear the rest of your hair? This makes a huge difference to how you can style the front.

Johannah
September 17th, 2014, 03:39 AM
If you WANT bangs, go for it. But if you don't... Hang on! One day they'll be gone! ;)

sarahthegemini
September 17th, 2014, 04:13 AM
I love a blunt fringe. They make me look younger tho and I already look underage so no bangs for me! You could always just clip/grip the fringe back til it's long enough to not be a pain but of.course if you actually want a fringe cut back in, go for it!

embee
September 17th, 2014, 05:29 AM
Growing out bangs is such a pain, and it seems to take *so* long! I looked terrible for months trying to get them long enough to go into a pony tail or a bun. Now I know... NEVER again. :) It's way too much trouble to grow them out,

LongCurlyTress
September 17th, 2014, 07:08 AM
It's no good, I have to have my hair cut.....not short again, oh no, but I've ben trying to grow out a fringe for eighteen months now and it's got to level with my top lip so too long to leave loose and just a fraction too short to tie back or do anything with. Even an Alice band doesn't help my hair look tidy; I looked a mess in my daughter's Uni graduation photos in July of this year.

So I'm going to have a fringe cut back into my hair next week.

Can you just straighten them into side swept bangs as they grow out? Or use a bobby pin on the side to bring them over. I am also growing out my bangs and they are now at the wrinkle in my chin... and theywere cut to mid nose bridge in June, so they grow fast. Can you hang in there any longer? Once they get to middle of chin you can brush/spray them back on top of your head when you put your hair into a bun. Hang in there! Don't cut imo!! ;)

Zugar
September 17th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Like Phexlyn said, the way you wear the rest of your hair has a lot to say. When I don´t have layers, I do not look good with bangs no matter what I do, and how I style them. But I figured that I´m a layers girl, I need them, and they make all the difference when it comes to my bangs too. I usually just pin them in different variations away from my face, or i braid them (french braid? The one that follows your head). I did not watch the video yet, but I wonder too; or you cutting them because you´re fed up with growing them out, or because you want to keep bangs? There´s a lot of fun things to do with braids :)